Three Waves

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
cpete
cpete
1,720 Followers

Sarah lost some of her steam and ran her hand through her hair. "James did not know where you went and when you would be back, I had nightmares of you taking Anne to Mexico."

I feinted shock. "Me? Go back on my word? No, I pride myself on not being a lying bitch, but a man who keeps his word."

Sarah's eyes flashed in anger. "Did you threaten James? He is talking about a restraining order."

I shrugged, "I made no threats, only promises, and I am a man of my word. A restraining order assures James demise."

Sarah looked at me intently. "This neighborhood is heavily patrolled, a police car can be here in under 10 minutes."

Again I shrugged. "A police car and 10 minutes verses a .44 caliber bullet at 1,425 feet per second. Which side of that race do you wish to be on?"

She recoiled, "Why are you doing this?"

I made a pantomime of looking at an imaginary list. "Well Sarah, I am checking my sales receipt and I did not buy any of your bullshit."

"Any harm comes to us and you will never see your daughter."

I shrugged once again. "Sarah, if you get a restraining order, I will not see her anyway. You expect to back a man into a corner and are surprised when he fights back?"

Sarah looked shocked. "You would do something like that to the mother of your child?"

I shook my head. "I will try to make sure that is on your tombstone, if you keep me from my daughter."

Sarah looked down at her hands. "Brad, can we just get past this?"

I laughed, "How can I? Every time I step outside, everything I see reminds me of you, rotting garbage in cans, dog shit on the sidewalk, stinking dead animals in the road."

She put her arms around herself. "Can you not just forgive and forget about this."

"I am neither Jesus, nor do I have Alzheimer's. Now I know you are self absorbed and full of shit like used pampers diapers, but you wanna discuss visitation that benefits our daughter or not? Because after this we will never be speaking unless it is about Anne."

****

I needed a job and a place to live, and fast. Marge the old nurse from the testing center, was the answer to both.

"My boyfriend owns his own company and always looking for help." Marge said as she chain lit one cigarette from the burning ember of another.

"You got a boyfriend?"

Marge gave me a dirty look. "What? You think this old broad still can't still rock the headboards? We been living together and banging boots for over 15 years."

"You living together in sin?" I teased her, "What would your mother say?"

Marge laughed. "You can ask her, Mom is 98 and been living with her boyfriend at Century Village for the past decade."

She tossed the butt of the old cigarette in the trash. "My man is retired Navy, Chief Petty Officer. His company does work on tankers, cruise ships, oil rigs and other big ass marine rigs when they are in drydock. Cleaning out the gray water and black water tanks, it is a shitty job, hot, with 14 hour days for 10 to 12 days in a row. Pay is good with full benefits, but you live aboard the ship for the duration of the job, and most of the time you got no AC, bad food, no running water and bunking with a butt load of smelly men. Most guys do not even last 24 hours."

I shrugged. "So no expenses when on site?" I asked, Marge nodded. "Damn Marge, how soon can I start?"

Marge pulled out her phone. "Let me call him now, He has a two ships back to back in a Bahama shipyard for Royal Viking Cruise Line in a few days. I know he is short two guys."

I clapped my hands together. "Great, now I just gotta find a place to live."

Marge waved at me. "I think I can help you there too. We have a small studio above the garage. Last tenant left about 6 months ago, fully furnished. You want it? It's yours, just let me print up a lease."

I nodded. "Marge up to now my luck has been like a bald man winning a comb. So, thanks!"

****

Marge was not kidding about a "shitty" job. This was by far the WORST job I had ever had. The protective gear and mask was uncomfortable, the hours long, food bad and intermittent running water and cramped sleeping conditions almost unbearable. I would have quit a dozen times every day, but the pay was good, and Marge's boyfriend the old Chief Petty Officer knew how to run a crew and get the most out of his people.

Most of the workers were from outside the USA, but one thing they all had in common was their love of football (or "Soccer" as I know it). Damn guys of every nation would spend their limited hours off watching the Damn sport instead of sleeping or arguing the pass percentages of one player vs another and their nation's chances in the Holy Grail of the World Cup. I tried but could never get into the sport. If I wanted to watch guys run around for 90 minutes and not score, I could just watch my coworkers at the bars as they tried to pick up girls.

Of course, I was not doing much better with the ladies than they were. They say the best boxers abstain from sex before a match. If that was true, I was on my way to becoming the greatest boxer in history.

However, the advantage of down time between jobs allowed me to spend all my off days with my daughter Anne. I was saving every penny for our two months together this summer. I had big plans and cleared my schedule plus checked with Anne's doctors to make sure none of our activities would affect her condition and medical facilities were close by.

Then came the "Note".

****

I had the car all loaded up and drove up to my Ex-wife and scum sucker James house to get my daughter Anne to start our adventure. I was more excited than a kid on Christmas Eve.

That excitement turned to fear when I saw the envelope. "DADDY" was written in my daughter tentative cursive handwriting and taped to the screen door.

"Dear Daddy,

Guess where I am going? A WHOLE NOTHER Country! Isn't that the coolest!

Mom and Mister J said we are gonna spend the whole summer traveling around the entire continent and see a bunch of different countries-how AWESOME is that! We get to fly in the front of the plane where all the snobbish people sit and eat the good food and have as may ice cream bars as we want and a big TV with tons of movies.

Too bad you are working, it would be cool if you could be with me.

Love

Anne"

I was looking at the little hearts over each "i" in the letter as my vison dimmed while my anger built and I could feel the veins pulsing in my temple.

A slew of curse words that would have done my Chief Petty boss proud erupted from my mouth as with trembling hands I carefully put my daughters letter back into the envelope.

As expected, phone calls to the phones of Anne, Sarah and even James went straight to voicemail.

In frustration I rang one last number.

"Madison Industries, how may I direct your call?"

"I am trying to reach the owner James, it is about my daughter Anne."

"I am sorry, James is on extended vacation overseas and cannot be reached...oh wait are you Sarahs old husband? We all just LOVE Anne when comes here, what a sweet girl. You must be so excited about her trip overseas. What a great experience for her and her mother."

"Yes, if I were any happier I would shit in my hands and clap."

"I beg your pardon?"

"Forget it," I said massaging my forehead. "Is there any way to get in contact with them? It is pretty important."

"I am afraid not." The receptionist replied. "I can take a message...Oh wait, I have a copy of a document here for you in case you called. Do you want me to fax it over to you?"

"We do not have fax machines where I live."

"Really? Where do you live?"

"In the present day, also in short supply here in this century are stone tablets and papyrus scrolls."

The receptionist laughed. "I know right? But all legal documents can only be faxed or hand delivered. Do you want me to messenger the stuff over to you?"

"That depends, will the messenger be using modern day transportation or pony express with carrier pigeons?"

*****

Again I found myself sitting in a law office, but this time I was a paying customer with an Attorney who actually practiced Family law.

She was a former JAG from the Navy that Marge knew, and by both her tone and attitude, was not some young kid, but a seasoned female used to giving commands and having them followed.

"Sorry Brad, but everything is in order," She said, setting the papers back on the desk in front of me. "As custodial parent your wife has the right to request changes to visitation. These papers here," she tapped on the documents, "are a request for modification for this summer trip. You had 5 business days to respond, or by default you agree to the terms set forth."

"BULLSHIT!" I spat. "I was deep in the bowels of a black water tank in a ship in the Mobile Alabama shipyard for the past week. I just got back 2 days ago, and have not even been to the post office yet to pick up my mail." Willing to calm myself down I continued. "That bitch knew that, I call my daughter Anne every God damn night before she goes to bed. Sneaky Ex never said a thing about this trip."

The lawyer waved her hand. "I take it you and your wife are not BFFs?"

I shook my head. "We play nice around each other when my daughter is around, and never, at least I never badmouth Sarah to my daughter. It is not Anne fault her mother is a cheating lying creature. Anne is a little girl with a medical condition, she does not need any more stress in her life. However right now if I was in a room with Bin laden, Sarah and Hitler with a gun that had only two bullets I would shoot my wife twice."

The attorney laughed. "Well, not much we can do. I can file paperwork with the court, but taking your daughter for a first class summer jaunt around the world is hardly frowned upon by family courts." She held up my hand to cut off an objection. "Yeah, yeah, I know you were not informed, but court will see it as an honest mistake. At worst your wife will get a slap on the wrist and warning to communicate directly and more clearly. On the plus side this does get the incident on the record and if anything like this ever happens again we will be in a stronger position. You want to start, I will need a retainer."

"Sure." I said, pulling out my credit card as an idea formed in my mind.

****

It was late that night when I picked up the key from its hiding place in the backyard of Sarah and James house. I mentally thanked Anne for the information of the key location, and reminded myself that kids have no privacy filters.

Entering the darken house, I knew the general layout of the house from the company Summer and Christmas parties James parents used to have when they were alive and running the company.

Moving silently up the stairs I located the guest restroom with its simple sink and toilet. Kneeling down, my penlight found the water line leading to the toilet tank. The old water line was corroded as I had hoped and a simple tug opened a break with a slow, but steady stream of water.

Extinguishing the small light, I swiftly exited the residence.

****

Justice may be blind, but court time and attorney billable hours is never inexpensive. I blew through a big chunk of the funds I had planned to use for my vacation with Anne, and my boss had already a full crew, so I turned to Marge to see if she had any leads.

Marge blew a stream of smoke at the ceiling. "Brad, one of the guys needs some help at the convention setting up and tearing down for 4 days. It pays $200 a day, but gotta kick back $50 a day to crew boss."

"Sign me up Marge" I said, which is how I ended up standing in line for the concession stand trying unsuccessfully not to stare at the shapely spandex encased buttock of the girl in front of me at the concession stand. She was wearing some kind of risqué Asian school girl outfit and tapping away on a smartphone.

Ahead of us was a large guy dressed in what looked like the bad imitation of the Jolly Green Giant from the boxes of frozen vegetables in my freezer.

"Hey Justine!" The guy called out, addressing the girl ahead of me. "You wanna hear a joke about my Penis? Oh wait you can't, it is too long!" The group of costumed guys with him all laughed.

The girl never even looked up from her phone. "Well Rick, I could tell you a joke about my vagina, but you'll never get it."

The group ahead of us laughed and even the Jolly Green Giant joined in before replying. "Wow Justine, you are one tough bitch."

Justine was still tapping away on her phone. "I have been called a lot worse Rick, like your girlfriend."

If the green guy was offended he did not show it. Pointing at the menu above the concession window he called out. "Look Fish Tacos, it reminds me of you Justine."

Justine looked up from her phone at the concession stand menu. "Too bad they do not have any baby carrots, you could relate to that better." She pointed at a picture. "They do have Pizza, if it comes in 2 minutes it will be just like a date with you."

The group with the green giant howled with laughter and he was grinning as he turned away from the window with his tray. "Nice talking to you Justine. I better go before someone drops a house on you."

Justine just waved her hand at him. "Don't forget to get a straw Rick, because you suck."

Rick returned her wave as he walked off with his group. As I was about to return to examination of her tight ass the girl turned around and addressed me.

"Why do all guys think the meaning of life is their dick?"

I threw up my hands "Maybe because life is too short, and so is their junk?"

She laughed. "Very good!" Eyeing my neck badges, jeans, and tee shirt from a local animal rescue, she asked, "Who are you dressed as?"

I lifted up my badge. "Um...a guy working? I am setting up booths and assisting with the Convention hall."

She nodded. "A man with a job, I like that. My name is Justine and I am the manga character Hinako" Justine did a twirl to show off her outfit. "What do you think?"

Now I nodded. "You nailed it, you look exactly like her. I am Brad by the way."

Justine gave me a quizzical look. "You have no idea who Hinako is, do you?"

I shook my head. "I would not recognize Hinako if I ran over her with my car in the parking lot."

Justine laughed and turned to order her food. After getting her tray, Justine pointed at an open table. "Brad, you interest me, please come sit over there with me when you get your food."

****

I sat down across from her, and asked "What's up with the Jolly Green Guy and you?"

She rolled her eyes. "Rick? We dated a while, nothing serious, he is too much of a man child for anyone but himself. We are still on good terms."

Justine then swept her hand around the crowds passing by. "So, you are not into all this? You don't know anything about Anime, Manga, or Comic-Con?"

I studied her outfit. "No, not really, but I guess your character is about high school age that leaves home to strike out on her own, partly because of an evil stepfather and meets a group of like minded kids. She relates to animals better than people, right?"

Justine put down her fork. "I though you said you know nothing about Hinako?"

Pulling a paperback book from my back pocket, I held it up so she could see the title. "Not much has changed since Greeks were putting on plays, there are only had so many plots. An evil stepparent is common in everything from Shakespeare to Star Wars."

Justine took the book from my hand and read the title out loud. "Classic tales from ancient Greece." She gave me a look. "A man who reads, has a sense of humor and a job, and likes animals. You certainly are getting all the boxes checked off." Justine returned the paperback and pointed at the faint discoloration around my ring finger. "Plus you are single, which leads to the question, why are you single? What are the clinks in your armor? Your kryptonite?"

"You will need to ask my ex-wife. I am sure she can give you chapter and verse on my failings." I said as I picked up the paperback. "I have been reading books of old, the legends and the myths, the testaments to time, and the hero's and the rest. From Midas and his gold, to Hercules and his gifts. But, clearly I don't see myself upon that list." I pointed at some characters in crowd. "Take Spiderman's control, and Batman with his fists, even Superman unrolls his suit before he lifts." I raised my arms. "I am pretty sure I am not the kind of person that it fits."

Justine leaned back in her chair, tapping the straw from her drink on her teeth before she spoke. "It all depends. Where you wanna go, how much you wanna risk?" she took a sip of her drink. "I am not looking for somebody with superhuman gifts, or some superhero myth, and some fairy tale bliss." Justine put down her drink. "I just want someone I can turn to, somebody I can kiss." She gestured to a man walking by with a young children on his shoulder, with a lady by their side, all dressed in costumes. "I want something just like that."

Justine pulled out a pen and wrote a number on a napkin. "Think you can handle dating a girl that likes to dress in funny outfits"

I grinned and punched her phone number into my phone. "Well if we go out, all my friends will help you make fun of me."

Justine picked back up her drink, "My alter ego is a grade school teacher, so I got the whole summer off. Where you gonna take me first?"

"If you are prepared to let out your inner child, I have quite the adventure for you."

****

Most of the events I had reserved for my aborted vacation with Anne were not refundable, and Justine was great sport at filling in at events like "Fairy Princess for a Day" and even wore the cowgirl hat for the pony rides.

After out 3rd date at Chuckie Cheese, Justine pulled me into her bedroom for a vacation time of my own.

While the day belonged to me treating Justine, the night was mine. Nothing was off the table and Justine was not only willing, but initiated everything from anal to role playing. Virgin, whore, schoolgirl or bad girl, Justine slipped into roles faster than I could slip her out of her clothes. It was not a one way street as Justine guided me to what she wanted and what pressed her buttons.

I commented how well I enjoyed our time together both in and out of the bedroom after Justine had woken me up with a toe curling blow job.

Justine ran her hand down my chest. "Brad, my job is to keep you happy and you have the same task with me. As long as we are together it is us two. You understand what I am saying? I am not some doorknob where everyone gets a turn, it is just you and me. If that is not in your wheelhouse, please just set me free."

I stroked her hair. "Justine, If you love someone set them free, if they come back it means no one liked them, so set them free again. But do not worry you are not going anywhere."

****

I had been having a great few weeks, but sent texts, emails and left phone messages every day for Anne, Sarah and even that prick James. I never got a response, except for the single text at the end of the summer from Sarah telling me the day they would return.

When I pulled into their driveway, no one was there, except a bunch of construction trucks and plies of wet moldy debris on the front lawn. I tried unsuccessfully to hide my laugher as I rang Sarah's phone, left another message before pulling out and returned to my home.

My attorney was right, the court took no action on my original complaint, it was noted in the file as a 'Miscommunication, to be addressed", so I was surprised by the call from my attorney on a Friday.

"Your wife and kid are back, they are at the Charter Arms Hotel. You can meet the Metro Police and Social workers in the lobby, I am already here."

cpete
cpete
1,720 Followers