Through the Gate of the Gods Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ornament, you're cuter than a kitten and twice as sexy," Thistle called out, making the dancing girl giggle and blush lightly.

The music picked up speed, and the dancers grew more confident. They mostly stuck with basic, well-rehearsed moves-easy spins, gently crouching to open and close their knees, leaning back so their long hair brushed the floor as they shook their shoulders-and Orchid thought seeing them improvise was a beautiful thing to see.

Mist began walking among the dancing girls, careful not to get in their way as she whispered encouragement and suggestions.

Magenta began teasing her large breasts as she danced, tickling her fingertips just above and below the full mounds.

Heather was the first girl to go to the floor, gently kicking and flexing, showing off her gorgeous legs.

Mist had taught Ornament a special move just for her, where she bent over and wiggled her tiny bottom, then looked over her shoulder and pressed her fingers to her lips in an adorable 'ooops I'm a naughty girl' gesture that always made Orchid grin.

Mist made a gesture, and the music slowed and softened. The dancers slowed their movements as well, following the music.

She grinned. "All right, girls. Tops off."

The dancer's steps faltered, and Ornament actually stopped dead, staring wide-eyed in shock.

"Make it part of your dance," Mist coaxed. "Quickly now, girls. Let's see how gracefully you can take them off."

Slowly, the girls began dancing again. Lily was first to comply. She ran her left hand through her hair and reached behind with her right, untying the knot that held her top on. With a wiggle of her torso, she made the tiny garment fall.

Old mother clapped her hands once and cackled with glee. "That's my brave girl!"

One by one, trembling hands removed tops. Ornament was last, a tear trickling down her cheek as she bared her small breasts.

Orchid and the rest of the second group watched in silence, butterflies in their stomachs, realizing their turn was coming.

"Fantastic, girls!" Mist cheered. "I'm so proud of you!"

The girls cast fearful glances at the musicians as they danced topless, but the men really weren't watching. Most of them had been playing for the Chosen for years, and seeing girls dance-even nude-held little interest for them any more.

After her brief moment of rare praise, old mother seemed to remember to be cantankerous. She began barking at the blushing girls.

"Stop dancing like a little kid, Heather! Be sexy!"

"Magenta, bounce those big tits! Make 'em shake!"

"Ornament, do the kitten crawl-and shake that cute ass!"

"Spread your legs wider, Lily! Tease, don't hide!"

Magenta seemed very self-conscious about dancing with her large breasts exposed, and Ornament looked terrified, but Flower and Midnight seemed to gain confidence with every note and step, dancing with joy and exuberance.

Orchid thought Lily seemed a bit mechanical, and as for Heather...well you could never tell what Heather was thinking.

The music rose to a crescendo, and stopped. So did the dancers, panting with exertion, but only Ornament tried to cover herself with her hands.

"Very well done, girls. Very well done!" Mist praised. "Take a well earned break. Second group, you're up!"

Orchid's legs trembled as she walked to the circle closest to the musicians.

"Mist?" came the soft inquiry. It was Ornament, her top already back on.

"Will...will we have to dance like that at the club?"

Mist smiled at her gently. "If the men want you to, yes. But you only have to dance fully naked in private."

Ornament bit her quivering bottom lip, and Flower put an arm around her, comforting the shy girl.

The music started back up. Orchid closed her eyes for a moment, trying to lose herself in the sounds. The beat was there-soft, but steady, and with a tiny smile she let her body follow it, not thinking, not planning her moves, just dancing.

It was something she loved to do, and she let that joy carry her mind away.

The music sped up slowly, and so did her dance. She kicked up her feet behind her in a silly, playful way before falling back onto one of her special moves-bending way over at the waist, her hands high above and behind her, her shoulders moving in a way that made her breasts wobble freely.

The resting dancers were calling out praise and encouragement. She heard her name, but it barely registered. Still, she grinned and blew a kiss out into the room.

It was amazing. The music filled her, lifted her, brought her to heights of bliss she'd never imagined. She'd never felt so alive, so feminine, so filled with delight.

She fell into a splits and rocked her torso, first touching her forehead to her front leg, then leaning back and lifting the foot behind her until her head touched the sole. With a graceful twist, she got her feet under her bottom so she could lean back and bounce, her knees spread wide.

The music quieted, and she bounced to her feet, amazed at how eager she was.

When Mist gave the 'tops off' command, Orchid didn't hesitate. Turning her back on the first group, she wiggled her butt, running her hands from the backs of her thighs up to the knot. Deftly, she pulled the string and bent at the waist, letting it flutter to the floor.

She was so turned on she could hardly stand it. Her nipples throbbed in the open air, stiff and swollen. Her tongue kept peeking out to wet her lips.

She had her hands on her inner thighs, her hips weaving lustfully, when the music crashed to a stop. She had to bite back a moan of frustration.

The musicians packed up their instruments as Mist gathered the girls round her.

"Very nice, girls. Very brave and very sexy. You did wonderfully!"

The girls smiled and squeezed each other's hands as she continued.

"Just remember. Your breasts are another tool. Showing them is one more way you can please the gods. Don't be ashamed of the gifts they've given you-be proud of them."

She wrapped her arm around Ornament's shoulders and steered her to the far side of the chamber, whispering softly as the rest of the girls went to take a shower.

"It's funny," Lily observed as the stood under the warm water. "Being naked here, with all of you? No big deal. I barely notice it. But taking off just my top like that? I thought I was gonna faint!"

Thistle giggled. "I know! Even though I knew we were gonna have to, when she said it my legs like wobbled!"

Flower blushed. "I thought it was...freeing," she admitted. "Like...if I can do this, I can do anything."

Ornament joined them after a few minutes.

"You ok, Sister?" Heather asked, and the girl nodded.

"What did Mist have to say?" Midnight wanted to know.

Ornament smiled shyly. "She wanted to know if I was gonna panic and run or something."

"Are you?"

She shook her head. "No. I told her I'd blush, and maybe cry, but I won't fail her."

"Orchid?" Thistle asked, and Orchid could tell by her tone that she was about to get teased.

"Whaaat?" she answered warily.

"Are you even gonna bother wearing a top? Or you just gonna start bare chested?"

The girls giggled, and Orchid stuck out her tongue.

"Brat."

XXXXXXXXXX

On the second to last day before their debuts, Mist had another gift of clothing for them

"This is the traditional first night outfit," she explained, using Thistle as a model to show the girls how it worked.

The top was familiar, but with gold strings to tie it in place, but instead of shorts, she wrapped a gold skirt around Thistle's slim hips.

There was a band at the top with a single button to hold the skirt up. Buttoned at the hip, it created a slit that left one leg bare from ankle to hip.

"Spectacular!" Mist declared, stepping back to admire the girl. Thistle flushed, part in pleasure and part in embarrassment.

Mist put one hand on the girl's shoulders, turning her around. "Touch your toes, sweetheart," she said. "I need to make sure it's not too short."

Thistle bent over, her knees straight, and Mist nodded. Orchid saw that even bent over fully, the skirt covered her Sister's buttocks and sex-but just barely.

"Do we wear anything underneath?" Flower asked, and Mist shook her head. Girls gulped audibly at the thought.

"We can't dance in these without...ummm...showing everything," Magenta pointed out.

Mist just grinned.

Each girl tried on her skirt, and bent over to be inspected. Heather's was too short, and Wisteria's was too tight, so Mist reached into her bag and found them skirts that fit better.

She had each girl fold her new skirt carefully, then passed out identical skirts, these in soft red or blue.

"The gold is only to wear that first night," Mist told them.

"These are to practice. You want to be able to undo that button smoothly and deftly, so it doesn't interrupt your dance."

Ornament shuddered, and Mist gave her a warm smile. "Brave and adventurous," she reminded the girl.

"The club will have lots of different outfits for you, and you'll get to help pick them out. The gold is very special. Wear it proudly."

Orchid was taking short walks back and forth, enjoying the way the skirt fluttered around her upper thighs, and even the way the little breeze caressed her bare flesh.

"Wear the other skirt and your black tops when we move to the club tomorrow," Mist told them.

After she left, Gem voiced a fear they were all sharing. "We're not gonna have to walk through the streets to get their, are we?"

XXXXXXXXXX

It didn't take long to get the hang of the skirt. A little flip of the fingertips, and the button popped free, and then it was loose enough that all it took was a wiggle of the hips to get it to slide down and off.

Orchid tingled all over as she danced, taking her skirt off again and again. She hoped she'd get a chance to dance that way her first night.

XXXXXXXXXX

And then it was time to go.

Their little bags packed, the girls filed past old mother one by one, getting a final piece of whispered advice. When Orchid leaned close, the woman smiled.

"You are the hottest dancer to come through the Gate in years," she said. "As long as you let yourself go, you'll be wonderful."

Orchid beamed, and surprised them both by kissing the old woman's cheek.

"Thank you for everything," she murmured.

They followed Mist single file to a new doorway. She paused to address the group.

"Your debut is tomorrow, but this will be the first chance the men have to get a glimpse. So give them your best walk."

She opened the wall, and the girls gasped.

A huge hallway, the ceiling some thirty feet above their heads, loomed before them. Each side of the hall was lined with massive windows, or maybe mirrors, shiny and blank.

The end of the hall was too distant to see.

Mist gave a playful little bow, and a sweep of her arm.

"Magenta, you lead the way. Heather, you bring up the rear. Make me proud, my beautiful girls."

They began to walk, slowly and gracefully, making each step a dance. Orchid glanced up at those silvery walls and trembled. She could feel dozens of eyes on her and her Sisters, assessing, appraising, and desiring.

Behind the blank walls, selected servants of the gods watched with hungry eyes. They were powerful, faithful, deserving men, and these girls were their reward.

Alma watched too, her somber expression not revealing how pleased she was with this year's crop of girls.

A very tall, dark-haired man came to her side. The small patch on his robes indicated he was Blazell's.

"That one," he said quietly, indicating Ornament. "Make sure I'm informed."

"Yes sir," she replied just as quietly.

Orchid was amazed at how thrilling the walk was. She had to fight the impulse to stop and dance, to twirl and squeal with excitement, to make herself available right then and there. She savored every moment.

At last, they were through. The huge hall branched into two more normal-sized walkways.

Mist stopped the girls, her expression tender. "This is where you split up. You won't see the other group again until you've all had your debuts-so give out your hugs now."

They did, whispering encouragement and soft words of friendship. Orchid felt so close to her Sisters at that moment, it made her heart pound with love.

"First group, follow me. Second group, I'll see you tomorrow."

Orchid followed Wisteria down their hall, which soon opened into a sleeping chamber. Their were six beds, a couple bureaus with mirrors and drawers, and two big bathrooms attached.

There was also a note.

"Don't go wandering. Alma."

As they got settled, four of the black robed servants wheeled in carts with a huge meal-not the bland, nearly tasteless stuff they'd been eating, but a gourmet meal fit for royalty.

Chicken, fish, sweet potatoes, broccoli, baked apples, pasta salad, warm bread, spicy berry tarts, and plenty of chilled fruit juice. Orchid and the girls ate until they could barely move.

"Thank Sayennit," Heart said around a mouthful of fish. "If I never see brown rice again, I'll survive just fine!"

Full, happy, and excited, the girls changed into their nightgowns, brushed their teeth and hair, and chattered deep into the night.

Orchid dreamed of dancing, and slept with a smile on her face.

*****

OK, this seems like a good spot to pause. Thanks so much for the comment and likes! Chapter four is started and I'm hoping to have it submitted in two weeks or less.

Please rate this story
The author would appreciate your feedback.
  • COMMENTS
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
8 Comments
SnowkemperSnowkemperover 8 years agoAuthor
Wonder no more

Dennis I do read and ponder your comments, and greatly appreciate the time&effort you take to make them. No, I'm not setting up a big Shyamalan moment, There will be a few thorns among the roses along the way, but this is mostly gonna be a happy story.

And I'll watch the theres better!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
I wonder if you're reading these

Hello hello hello, it's time for your weekly dose of Dennis! *round of recorded applause* Thank you, thank you, now let's jump right in to today's episode: Through the gate of the gods, chapter 3 review! *anouncer voice* Previously on Dennis' review, he was in painstaking indecision and suspense about where he wanted the story line to go, and anxiously awaited the next chapter to see what the author had I store! Will Dennis be impressed by what he has read, or will for the first time in this series, Dennis be disappointed? Let's find out!

So! To start with the good work, your character building and setting creation are excellent, however I've remarked on this previously, so I won't go into it in too much detail. One thing that I'd love to see is adding a sense of smell, do the blindingly white rooms smell clinical? Or perhaps, they smell different based on what each girl perceives? Something as small as this in my opinion would really round out the immersion of the reader into the story, by describing all the senses. You're doing a great job in building the sexual excitement in the story, and by taking it slowly, you're putting us readers through just as much sexual tension as the girls themselves! This is both a good, and worrisome thing; Make sure that when the climax finally does come, that it lives up to the expectations that you've set in the previous chapters. Or failing that, make it a major plot point, so we're not disappointed when things go astray, to leave our characters (and ourselves) frustrated. You've been doing a fantastic job in story length and content, and while I have more to say on that topic, I'll leave it to the next section.

First with the sugar, now with the salt, constructive criticism time! While I agree that taking it slow with the girls is the right way to progress the story, I am increasingly worried that this will become an empty story in terms of plot - not everything can go right in a story, and be satisfying for the reader. We like to read about conflict, struggle, and challenges, as it lets us root for (or against) characters in the story. It helps connect the reader to the world you're creating, as a perfect world seems irrealistic. Now, you may be saving up for a huge plot twist, but I'm concerned about in the mean time. A major plot twist only has the intended effect of shocking the reader if it was something they weren't expecting - and quite frankly I'm desperately wanting something, anything to go wrong. As such, the big kapow of the plot twist may lose some of its oomph. What happens if one of the girls turned out to be lesbian? After a life time of growing up with mostly only female contact, especially through puberty and teenage years, I'd expect it to be more common than what it appears to be. Maybe in the religious text mentioned at the beginning of the story has a test for that? Simply put, this story needs an antagonist. Whether it's character vs character, or nature, or society, or even God, it needs something to strive for. Another small note to mention, you are still having some grammar troubles, especially with what I assume to be auto-correct. The big one I noticed in this chapter was the confusion of 'their' and 'they're' and 'there'. By 'big' I mean a handful of times, so nothing major, but it still caused me to reread a section to make sure I was understanding it right, and caused a hiccup in the flow of the story. I don't mean to be harsh at all, but I figure this is the constructive criticism section, I may as well be honest.

In conclusion, I was a tad underwhelmed with this chapter, and as such it is the first to only get 4/5 stars from me. I think that with some careful plot planning, you can really make this story sing, but now it's crunch time; Wherever you decide to take this story, I feel it will be decided in the next chapter or two. Especially after you've shown yourself to be an incredible writer in your previous chapters, I truly hope that you shine through and impress us all. But hey, nobody likes a critic, so take my words with a touch of salt. I'm just an anonymous critic, and you're to writer, and no matter where you take the story you're doing it better than I ever would have! Even if what the final product turns out to be isn't exactly what I would have wanted it to be, it's YOUR story, and you'll end up writing it the way you damn well want to ;)

Best of luck, and I hope to see the next chapter up soon!

Cheers,

Dennis

fanfarefanfareover 8 years ago
critiquing criticism

Sk, you are correct in pointing out that i had kneejerked unfair assumptions about the genre of your stories based upon nothing more than the story descriptions on your author's postings.

yup, that makes me the ass! hee-haw, in-deed...

as we readers so cantankerously demand that the writer's meet our whimsical expectations. the writer's are justified in demanding that the commentaries accurately address the specific story.

and there should be a mutual realization that opinions are not verified facts. no matter how stubbornly we insist upon the correctness of our cherished notions.

oh my gawd! i'm starting to sound reasonable. whom woulda believed that possiblity?

samsayssamsaysover 8 years ago
Please...

Don't pay attention to the critical comments. Some people are unhappy if their ice cream is cold. I never understand why people have to criticize anyone just because they can. The only constructive criticism of your story is the length of time between chapters. Please continue, for every critic there are a hundred fans. Chris

SnowkemperSnowkemperover 8 years agoAuthor
Response

I don't usually try to defend myself against criticisms, but I think some of the comments here are a little unfair. Not about this story, but about the other stories I've written for this site, that I'm assuming Anonymous #2 and Fanfare haven't actually read.

No, I am not, repeat, emphatically NOT a Gor fan. At one point, I call Panther Tales an anti-Gorean story. I offer this little tidbit from the first chapter.

There is no creature more wretched, more hopeless, or more miserable than a Gorean slave....For female slaves, life consists solely of drudgery, hard work, brutality, terror and rape. Most of the hapless girls are worked hard from dawn until dark, then expected to spend the night being beautiful, alluring and passionate. To not respond to a Master’s lust with enthusiasm means a whipping at best, and can mean being tortured to death. For whatever reasons, nothing makes a Gorean male harder than that combination of fear-filled eyes and a squirming, responsive body. Having to pretend to love the attention of free men--having to appear eager to be used as an object of their lust--is the most horrid part of wearing a slave collar. Indeed, while Gorean slave girls call each other sa’for a in public--literally, ‘sister of the chain,’ in private they often refer to each other as sa’danra--sister in misery.

Pretty much the antithesis of John Norman's philosophy of female slavery!

I'm going to assume the commentors looked at the titles Panther Tales and Dove's Tale (ok there's a fair criticism...I don't put much effort into titles!) and assumed they were about meek, obedient little play toys. In reality (SPOILER ALERT!) both stories concern women who are abducted for the purpose of sexual servitude, and proceed to fight back with everything they have...and ultimately TRIUMPH.

There are a LOT of things you can criticize about those stories, but I honestly think it's unfair to accuse me of pandering to the misogynistic.

In the case of this story, these young ladies were chosen by gods who love them to take this role. Doesn't it make sense that said gods would select women they knew would thrive and be happy?

Anyway, I do appreciate the feedback, and hope to have Ch. 4 up within two weeks.

Show More
Share this Story

Similar Stories

Daniella Bound Why HAS Eric tied Daniella to that chair?in BDSM
Mothership Wilderness Pt. 01 Fertility injection goes wrong on a deep space colony ship.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Witch's Cousins John mates with his cousins. And a new friend appears.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
The Wicked Tower Pt. 01 A young duke seeks to conquer through pleasure.in Sci-Fi & Fantasy
Experiment 239 Ch. 01 Elaida finds herself in a confusing, torturous simulation.in BDSM
More Stories