Thunder Bay Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'm worried that Robbie might not like it." I affirmed. "He and Carson might not hit it off."

"Don't worry about Rob." The woman avowed. "As long as he's building houseboats, he doesn't care who he's working for!"

"I hope you're right." I responded. "Robbie's an important asset to the company. Losing him would have a dramatic effect on Thunder Bay."

"A dramatic effect on Thunder Bay or a dramatic effect on you?" Rebecca quipped, snickering.

"Both." I replied, realizing how much I already missed him.

It was late that night before I finally wound down enough to get some sleep. So much had happened during the day, I couldn't stop thinking about the events that were radically changing my life. I hoped everything would work out for the best.

Arriving at work on Tuesday, I stopped at the coffee bar, just like I did every morning. Looking down the corridor leading towards my old office, thoughts of Emily entered my mind.

Connie Marshall, my new secretary, wasn't at her desk when I arrived at my office. Not scheduled in until 8:00am, it seemed odd not having someone there to greet of a morning.

I went about, booting up my computers, just like I always did after tossing my purse and attaché on the credenza. Looking around at my new office, I realized how much bigger it was than my old one. A private bathroom, complete with shower and a wet bar were just a couple of the amenities I'd have to enjoy. Kicking off my high-heels, I delighted in the feel of the soft, plush carpeting beneath my feet.

"Burt Wheeler really had it made." I thought to myself. "Too bad he fucked it all up and lost his job."

Remembering my business deal with Carson Wheeler, I checked my personal bank accounts to see if he'd paid off my signature loan like he promised. I was greatly relieved to find that he had, not that I doubted his word. But when it came to money, I wanted to stay on top of things.

I wasn't sure when Cole Bannister, the bank's new Vice-President, was going to arrive. I figured at least two weeks, maybe longer. Checking into his background to get acquainted with him beforehand, I found out he was thirty-two years old and married. His wife, Nicole was an architect and a graduate of one of the leading engineering colleges. As for Cole, he was a Harvard graduate, with a PHD in Finance and a Masters Degree in Management. The information I was able to obtain didn't mention the couple having any children so I assumed they didn't.

"Probably too damn busy handling money matters to knock her ass up!" I thought. "That's one of the things that I let ruin my marriage."

TO BE CONTINUED...