Timber Pack Chronicles Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
robcub32
robcub32
4,328 Followers

"Yes." Parker turned his back to his dad, and grabbed a shirt from the closet and quickly pulled it on to cover up. He pulled a pair of shorts on underneath the towel then tossed the towel aside.

Parker turned to his dad. As usual, Barney had an aloof calmness about him, but as Parker watched him and really paid attention, he noticed something else. His father wasn't calm. He could actually hear his dad's heart racing and could even see micro-beads of sweat at his hairline. Was his father afraid of him?

"What happened to your neck?"

Parker actually heard his father gulp after he had spoken. Parker tried to keep his face neutral and carefully replied, "It's nothing."

Barney opened his mouth to say something, but his BlackBerry buzzed. He pulled it from his belt holster. After looking at the screen, he quickly left the room.

Parker picked up his phone and sat down on his bed. He couldn't figure out what his dad was looking at. It wasn't like he had anything secret. Then he cringed. He had pictures of Colton. Naked pictures. He let out a breath of relief. He was pretty sure that his dad hadn't looked at his pictures.

He tapped his email app. The last email he had received was open. It was from Jed, the subject was "Pack Pix." It contained pictures from their last run.

The first picture was of a black wolf crawling on top of Parker's human body.

Bile rose in Parker's throat. Crap.

Parker opened his bedroom door. His nose twitched as he scented the air and listened carefully. Stepping on the balls of his feet, he quietly made his way down the hall. His parents' bedroom door was barely cracked open.

He closed his eyes and listened. The sound of his father pacing back and forth on the carpet could be heard underneath his phone conversation.

"It's just like you said," Barney said. His voice was hushed, but he was clearly agitated. "Yes. I saw it... No, I told you. I tried... What do I do now?"

Parker hurried down the stairs, out the patio glass doors and into the back yard. He pulled his phone from his pocket, tapped Colton's name and began pacing as he waited for Colton to answer.

"Hello?"

"Colton."

"Hey, pup. I was just thinking about you—"

"Colton. He knows."

"Who knows what?"

"My dad. He knows."

"Fuck. I'm on my way. Stay in your room. Pack your stuff."

Parker ran back up the stairs and locked his bedroom door. He grabbed his suitcases and stuffed them full of his clothes. After he filled his backpack with his books, he found a box and filled it with his laptop and charger, his iPad, plus the personal items he wanted to bring with him.

When his cell phone rang, he answered the call.

"I'm pulling in," Colton said before Parker could speak.

Parker picked up the two suitcases and hurried down the stairs. He let Colton in and the two of them loaded up Colton's car in two trips.

"What the hell's going on here?" Barney asked as he came down the stairs.

Colton stepped in front of Parker, blocking Barney's view.

Parker moved around Colton. "I'm moving out."

"You're what?"

"Who have you been talking to about us?"

Barney gulped. For a split second, his face betrayed him. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"He's lying," Colton said.

Barney turned his head towards Colton. "You get out of my house." He grabbed a silver letter opener from the table and held it out, brandishing it as a weapon.

Parker snarled and smacked Barney's arm, sending the opener flying. He shoved his father backwards, knocking him onto the floor. He straddled his chest and grabbed the front of his shirt in his fist. Letting his teeth show, he snarled, "You threaten him again and you'll be eating through a straw."

Colton moved around to Barney's head and looked straight down at him. "Who were you talking to?" Colton demanded, using his deep alpha voice.

Barney's eyes widened at the sound of Colton's voice. His body trembled in fear. Parker tightened his grip and Barney sang like a canary. "I-I-I don't know! I have access to Forrest's financials; they asked me to watch the accounts. I found out by accident what Forrest was. Then they asked me to watch Colton. They said he was dangerous. They wanted me to keep you away from Colton, but it was too late."

Colton huffed. "You were asked to spy on us, but you don't even know who you're working for?"

"T-t-they... they offered me a lot of money."

Parker scoffed and stood up. "Of course." He turned back to Colton. "Let's go."

Barney sat up. "But what am I supposed to tell your mother?"

"Make something up. You're apparently damn good at lying."

Parker followed Colton out the front door. He slammed it behind him and didn't look back.

* * *

Colton and Trey walked into the Timber General Store. Colton had decided to include Buck in their discussion of the rogue wolf problem since he had fought off an attack on Stan. He also thought it would help to enforce the idea that Buck was part of the pack, despite the fact that he was a self-confessed loner.

"Hey, Buck," Colton said to the big bear standing behind the counter.

"Hey, guys."

Stan came from the back. The small man grinned at Colton, eager to please. "Hello, Alpha. Can I get you anything? A drink?"

"First, don't call me 'Alpha,' Stan. And I will take some water."

"Of course." Stan grinned as he hurried off. He returned with three bottles of water, handing them to Buck, Colton and Trey, before going to greet a customer who looked like she needed help.

"How's the work on the camp going?" Buck asked.

"We still have a lot to do, but it's coming along."

"I'm available to help with whatever you need. And Stan is as well."

"I'll remember that." Colton glanced around. "Can we talk in back?"

"Sure." Buck called out to Stan, "Cub, we'll be in back."

Stan looked up from the cans he was stocking. "Okay."

Colton and Trey followed Buck into the stock room. The three sat down at a small wooden table.

Buck grabbed the Ziploc bag that was laying on the table and opened it and pulled out a piece of jerky. Colton recognized it as the venison jerky that Jed's family was famous for. Buck offered Colton and Trey the bag. Colton took out a piece and bit into it.

"So what are we gonna do about this fucker?" Buck asked as he gnawed on a piece of dried meat.

"I'm gonna kill him," Colton said matter-of-factly.

"Do you think Parker's dad has anything to do with it?" Trey asked.

"No." Colton filled in Buck on the details of the confrontation with Parker's dad. "I don't know who they are, but I don't think they have anything to do with the attacks."

"It sounds like the kind of bullshit the Lycan Council does behind each others' backs," Buck noted. "Us bears don't have councils or anything like that. We kind of do our own thing. Live and let live."

"We can worry about that some other time." Trey pulled out a small notepad of paper and a pen from his jacket's breast pocket. "Let's figure this out. He's attacked Parker twice. There was Stan, Curtis and TJ, and the maintenance people at the school."

"What do those people have in common?" Buck asked while looking at Trey's writing.

"Nothing," Colton grumbled. "They're all wolves. Well, Parker wasn't a wolf yet the first time he was attacked."

"Neither was the maintenance crew guy," said Trey. He tilted his head to the side in thought. "Hmm. Okay. Where did these attacks take place?"

"Parker was attacked in the woods behind his parents' house then here at the cabin."

Buck added, "And Stan and I were in the woods not far from here, by the river."

Colton nodded. "Curtis and TJ were at the old water tower, and then he was seen under the bleachers at school."

Buck frowned. "I don't get it. What do they have in common?"

"Colton," Trey said. "They all belong to Colton. He's marked all of them as his." Trey looked Colton directly in the eye. "Including Parker."

* * *

Parker closed his laptop and set it on the coffee table. He stretched and stood up. He had finished up his homework and now he was bored.

Colton had gone in town with Trey to stop by the store to talk to Buck and to pick up some groceries.

Parker pulled on his coat and stepped out onto the porch. The ground had a couple of inches of snow, which blanketed everything in a beautiful coat of white. His feet crunched on the snow as he walked down to Jed's cabin.

He knocked on the door and waited but didn't get an answer. After knocking once more, he gave up. Jed wasn't home. His truck was in the parking lot, but apparently he was busy, or maybe he was out patrolling the area.

Parker headed back to his cabin. He stomped his feet on the porch and reached for the front door. He stopped when he saw that it was cracked open.

He sniffed the air but couldn't detect anything out of the ordinary. He was still getting used to his wolf senses and sometimes had trouble differentiating between mingled scents. The one scent he knew and could pick out anywhere was Colton's. Colton's scent was present, but it wasn't recent.

He looked at the ground and noticed wolf paw prints in the snow around the cabin.

Where they there before?

They looked too small to be Jed's tracks. Right?

He carefully opened the door and peeked his head into the cabin. When he saw no one inside, he let out a breath.

"Quit being so paranoid," he muttered to himself. "You big scaredy cat."

As Parker shut the door behind him, he noticed the back door was ajar. He raced to the back door and pushed it shut and locked it. Okay, he was no longer just paranoid. He had crossed over into freaked-the-fuck-out territory.

Heart pounding, he pulled his cell phone from his pocket.

When he turned around, he found himself face-to-face with an unfamiliar man with the silvery-grey eyes of a crazy person. He had never seen the big man before, but those eyes were very familiar to him.

Parker screamed as the rogue's fist connected with the side of his head.

* * *

Colton fidgeted in his seat. He tapped his foot nervously as he stared forward at the faded lines that marked the country road.

Trey glanced at him from behind the wheel. "You okay?"

"I don't know. I'm... It's this weird feeling. We need to hurry home."

Colton pulled out his cell phone and tried to call Parker. No answer. He tried Jed. Again no answer.

"Hurry," he growled. He rubbed his palms up and down his jeans. His fingernails shifted into claws.

Trey pressed his foot on the gas, gunning the engine.

By the time they pulled into the camp's parking lot, they were both feeling it. It was just too quiet.

Colton raced to the cabin and threw open the door.

"Parker!"

The back door was wide open. Snow had accumulated on the door's threshold and the floor. Only embers remained of the fire in the fireplace.

"I'm going to kill that bastard," Colton snarled.

"I can't reach Jed," Trey said. He tossed his phone onto the counter.

Colton began pulling off his clothes and Trey quickly joined him.

The black wolf and the brown wolf bolted through the cabin's back door, following their pack-mate's scent trail.

They didn't have to go very far. The trail led to the last cabin, number 12. The empty cabin was one that was currently uninhabitable because it needed too many repairs.

Colton could smell both Jed and his mate inside.

Colton slammed his body into the back door. It caught on something. He looked to Trey and jerked his head. Both wolves pushed their bodies into the door with a hard shove.

The sight of reddish-brown fur lying in a lump in front of the door sent him into a rage. He gave another shove and then leapt over Jed's prone body.

Jed sounded as though he was having trouble breathing, but he was alive. A big silver knife or dagger was embedded into his back.

Colton couldn't attend to him right now because his concern was at the middle of the empty room, where Parker lay unconscious. The grey wolf stood on top of him, his front paws pressing into Parker's back. His pup's shirt was torn and his pants were ripped, exposing his ass.

Colton growled in rage. He directed a look of pure hatred at the rogue wolf, letting him know that he would be dead before this was over.

Colton and Trey moved apart, ready to attack their enemy. Colton looked at Trey and with a snarl and a head jerk let him know that the fight was Colton's. Trey backed off, moving towards Jed.

Colton shifted back to his human shape. He stepped closer to the wolf standing on his mate. "Shift," he barked. "Let me see you, you fucking coward."

The grey wolf pushed back and began to shift.

Colton's eyes widened in recognition.

* * *

Parker began to stir awake.

His last memories were being dragged kicking and screaming from his home. When Jed tried to stop the rogue, they fought. They crashed into one of the cabins and the man stabbed Jed in the back with some kind of dagger.

Jed was hurt.

He had to help him.

Parker opened his eyes with a groan. Colton was there, standing naked. Fury poured off of him, his body tight, ready to fight.

Jed lay near the door, panting. His eyes were half-open, but they were glazed over. Trey's wolf stood over Jed then shifted back to his human form to attend to his fallen friend.

"Ah fuck!" Trey shouted with a hiss as he pulled a silver dagger from Jed's back. The smell of burning flesh permeated the air as the dagger burned into Trey's palm. Trey tossed the offensive metal blade out the window into the backyard. With the dagger taken care of, Jed could start to heal. Trey shifted back into his wolf form to stand guard over his injured pack-mate.

"Colton," Parker croaked out.

"Stay down, pup," Colton replied without looking at him. His attention was on the rogue. "What are you doing here, Ethan?"

Parker turned his head and looked up at the naked man standing over him. The crazy man had a name.

Ethan.

Who the hell was Ethan?

* * *

Colton stared at the man he hadn't seen in two years. Ethan Braxton. The son of the Santa Fe Pack's former Alpha.

There was something seriously fucked up with him. His skin had a bluish-grey tint to it and the irises of his eyes had a greyish-silver color to them. He didn't smell right.

Ethan was only two years older than Colton, but he looked like he had aged twenty years since he last saw him.

"Why are you doing this?" Colton asked. "You know there's no way I will let you walk away."

"You don't deserve to be an alpha!" Ethan barked. "I was supposed to be Alpha, but you took that away from me! When they found out what you did to me—"

Colton scoffed. "What I did? You were more than willing, Ethan. In fact, you were begging for it. You spread your legs like a bitch for any wolf who came sniffing. I wasn't the only one who fucked you."

"No." An evil smile spread across Ethan's face. "But you're the only one left. They tossed me aside, exiled me. But I made them pay, all of them." He snickered, then he swiped the back of his hand across his mouth. "And now it's your turn."

A wolf could go feral or insane without a pack, but there was something more than that going on here. "What have you done to yourself?"

"Wolfsbane and silver-sulfadiazine injections. It masks your scent."

Colton's eyes widened in shock. "You're fucking crazy. That shit is poison! It's killing you."

"I'm not crazy!" he shouted, spittle flying from his mouth and dripping down his chin. "You took from me and now I'm gonna take from you." He looked down at Parker. His eyes moved back up to Colton and he sneered. "I think I'm gonna make you watch while I fuck your little bitch."

Colton's chest heaved. He let out a snort and he ground his teeth together in an attempt to remain calm. "I already warned you. I told you if you touched him that I would kill you. I plan on keeping my word."

Ethan tried to goad Colton further. "He's got a nice mouth on him. I've seen the two of you. He's real good at taking cock; drops to his knees or bends over like a good little whore whenever you want it. I wonder if he'll scream for me when—"

"Shut your fucking mouth."

"Not before you watch me kill him. And then I'm gonna kill you. And all of this will be mine."

Colton heard a low growl and he let his eyes drop down to Parker. Still lying on the floor, Parker was looking up at Ethan. And he was pissed. He snarled, showing off his canines. His eyes flashed amber and his body jerked as he started to shift.

Ethan kicked at the white wolf, who was still tangled up in his clothes. Parker still managed to latch onto Ethan's ankle with his sharp teeth. Ethan howled and kicked his leg in an attempt to loosen Parker as his own body began its transformation.

The distraction was enough for Colton to shift into his half-wolf shape.

Colton let loose a roar that echoed off the cabin's walls and rattled the windows.

Before Ethan could completely shift and attack Parker, Trey's wolf grabbed Parker by the scruff of his neck and dragged him over to Jed. Jed lumbered up onto all fours and blocked Parker with his massive body. He bared his teeth, daring the rogue to come at his charge.

Trey stalked back and forth in front of his two pack-mates, making sure the fight would be only between Colton and Ethan.

This would be a fight to the death.

Ethan snarled in anger and lunged at Colton. Colton's clawed hand batted him away, slamming the grey wolf into the cabin wall. The entire wall shuddered, sending dust into the air.

Colton advanced on Ethan, picking him up and throwing him against the fireplace. He landed with a sickening crack, but it still didn't stop him. Ethan rolled over and lunged at Colton. He managed to get his teeth into Colton's leg, but Colton's fists knocked him free.

With a roar, Colton punched the grey wolf, then he used the claws on his left hand to slice across his belly. Colton attacked again. He latched onto the grey wolf's throat with his powerful jaws and tore.

Ethan let out a breathy whine and slumped to the floor.

Colton reached down and gripped Ethan's head. With a sharp twist of Colton's clawed hands, his neck snapped with a sickening crunch. A final breath escaped the grey wolf and it went still.

Colton threw his head back and howled triumphantly, the sound echoing throughout the forest.

* * *

Parker shifted back into his human shape and jumped over Jed's wolf. He ran straight to Colton and jumped into the arms of the furry Alpha beast. Colton shifted back and ravaged Parker with kisses. He nibbled and sucked the base of Parker's neck, leaving a fresh hickey and teeth marks on his mating scar.

"Are you okay?" Colton asked as he ran his hands all over Parker, looking for any cuts or bruises.

"I'm fine. He hit me on the head," Parker said as he rubbed his temple. "But you got here before he could really hurt me. Is your leg okay?"

"It'll be fine. Did he... touch you?"

Parker shook his head, knowing what Colton was really asking him. "No."

Colton leaned down and kissed Parker. "I was so worried about you. Don't ever put me through that again."

"I'm fine too, by the way," Jed's gruff voice interrupted.

Parker and Colton turned to see Trey holding up Jed, who was struggling to stand. Parker ran over and grabbed Jed's other side and helped to stabilize him.

Colton frowned at seeing his naked mate touching his naked enforcer.

"Stop growling, Colton," Parker said. "Jed's hurt. He's not trying to hump me."

"Trey, send for the doctor. He can give Jed something to counteract the silver poisoning from the knife." Colton reached out and squeezed Jed's shoulder. "Thank you for protecting my mate."

Jed nodded once at Colton.

Colton looked at Parker and frowned. "And for fuck's sake, everyone put some clothes on."

He pulled Parker away from Jed. The smell of another on his mate smacked him in the face. "You smell like that dead fucker." A growl built in his chest. "I need to claim you again."

robcub32
robcub32
4,328 Followers