Time for Truth Ch. 02

Story Info
Spending time with family.
8.4k words
4.74
18k
17

Part 2 of the 17 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/27/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

Hello everyone.

Welcome back to my exciting world of the Ivanovs and the Loess Pack. I tried to stay away, truly I did, but the story just wouldn't be quiet. So many unanswered questions, and who would ask the most. The children would. So here we go once again. It's time to learn the truth.

This story is a continuation of the She Wolf Series. Please read that story before reading this one. It contains background information that is crucial to understanding this portion of the tale.

I would like to thank FK for editing this chapter. Any errors are mine and not because of this wonderful person.

*****

Lars pulled up in front of the welcome center of the Thane Pack. Javon had already explained the protocol to him, so unlike on their pack lands they would be met at a public center. All of the wolves were curious about the visitors who had come from the South. As soon as they arrived, two large men approached the jeep. The guys climbed out of the car carefully, in an attempt to keep the Thane wolves who were approaching them from feeling like they posed any type of threat. Although, Benny felt a bit nervous as he looked around.

"Welcome to the Thane Pack. I am Fredrick, the head Beta and this is Clarence. If you would follow us, we will take you to meet the Alphas." The two men explained, extending their hands in greeting.

The men greeted them and followed the pair into the community center. Ares and Benny walked together, so Ares could give his cousin his full support. The Thane Alpha greeted them immediately upon their entrance. Lars was gracious, and each young man thanked the Alphas for the opportunity to become a temporary part of their pack.

"Gentlemen, when Alpha Loess called, I was honored to have you come here. We want you to feel as if you are at home. Come, let's eat and mingle a little bit. I want to introduce you to some of the key members of our pack. After you have met everyone, we can discuss the roles you will take on while you're here," he explained.

Madam Alpha Brandy spoke, "Like my husband said, we want you to see this place as your home. Come, you must be hungry. Let's all have a bite to eat." The group walked into the dining hall and found that all of the pack members were present. Benny quickly scanned the crowd searching for a familiar face. His sudden gasp quickly gained the attention of the betas. His eyes landed on an older female were, Hannah. His Grandma looked just like her mother. Momma, Great Grandma Hannah is alive. I'm looking right at her. He stood still and looked at everyone in the room. He saw a small group of men that looked like his Uncle BJ. Grandma always said BJ looked like Grandpa Benson.

His movement or actually lack of movement was noticed by the Alpha Madam, but she refrained from saying anything. She noticed how intently he watched the Daniel's family. She also noticed that Hannah had captured the young wolf's attention. She was curious, Why was this young Were fascinated by those two groups? Soon Miriam, the mother of his late grandfather Benson, called Hannah over to join their family. They often included Hannah in their meals and activities. Losing her daughter and then her mate shortly after had been very hard on the woman, and they tried their best to ease the pain and sense of loss she felt.

Brandy tried to help, but she could see that Hannah blamed both her and her husband for her daughter's fate. The sad truth was, she was right. Michael hadn't had the whole truth, so he trusted his Beta. That blind trust led to an unfair death and a small family being banned from pack lands. As soon as the truth was revealed, Michael searched for Hannah's daughter and learned they were taken in by the Jael Pack. Brandy shuddered, the pack was known for their cruelty. Their Alpha informed them of the death of Hannah's daughter and her pups, explaining they had killed by a band of vampires.

"Brandy, Brandy," Michael called, "love, let's introduce the young men to the other pack members."

The Alpha pair stood and called everyone to attention. Soon the dining hall was quiet. The Loess Pack Weres stood and introduced themselves one at a time. Lars, Terse, Kevin, Paul, and Ares spoke to the crowd briefly. Benny was the last to stand. He looked at the hundreds of faces gathered and felt fear for the first time, but he knew he had to do this. It was time. He took a deep breath and spoke, "Good afternoon everyone. My name is Benson James Daniels Loess. I want to-" Benny was cut off abruptly when Hannah suddenly screamed. The pack erupted into chaos, which prompted Lars and Terse to pull Benny behind them ready to fight if it became necessary.

Hannah and the family she sat with rushed forward, certain they'd heard this young man wrong. Michael called for silence, and the betas helped to try and calm the crowd down. He faced the young were and asked him to state his name once more. Benny stood to his full height, faced the Alpha, full of anger and trepidation and restated his name slowly and clearly. "I am Benson James Daniels Loess, grandson of Benson Daniels and his mate Nina," he answered defiantly.

Michael stood, faced his guests and issued one order, "My office, now!" The entire group from the Loess compound followed him to his office with Lars and Terse on full alert. Alpha Thane called Javon as soon as he walked into his office. He placed the phone on speaker, so everyone in the office could hear the conversation. "Good afternoon Javon. Is it true that a former member of my pack is now a part of yours," he asked?

"Hello Michael, it's nice of you to call. As to your question, since you expelled her she was free to join any pack she chose," Javon replied.

"So, this young man speaks the truth. Nina Daniels is his grandmother," he surmised.

"Michael, where is Benson and the others," Javon demanded? Alpha's could be very prickly. He wasn't sure if Michael would try and punish his boys for some perceived wrongs.

"We are here father, and we're fine. Benny told them the truth," Ares explained. He'd failed. His only job was to keep Benny in check, but his cousin went way off kilter. Son, this is not your fault, Elise sent, knowing Ares would blame himself.

"Uncle Javon, I know you said not to cause..." Benny started to say, but Javon cut him off, "Yet you announced your whole name, and I'm betting you also addressed Alpha Thane rather sarcastically when he questioned you," he concluded.

"Benny, I will deal with you later. Alpha Thane, I understand if you do not want them there anymore. However, they are going to school in that state. I am asking for asylum in your region on their behalf," Javon concluded.

Brandy was now rubbing Michael's shoulders, to help him remain calm. "No, he is family. This changes nothing. I do ask that I be allowed to speak with the remaining members of the Daniel's family though."

Javon was silent. Michael had no idea what happened to Nina. Javon was hard-pressed to believe that he had not at least inquired about them at some point. He took a breath and then spoke, "I would have to talk with Nina first. If she is comfortable, then I will approach her children with your request," Javon explained. "They all survived," Michael gasped," how is that possible?"

Javon opted not to answer Michael's question or go into any of the details of what happened to Nina and her pups after being expelled from his pack. It was not his place to share that information with anyone, even their former Alpha. "Michael, let me speak with Nina. It will be up to her how much, if anything, she chooses to share with you. I'll call you first thing," Javon assured him before ending their call. Michael hung up the phone and faced his guests.

"You all heard what I said to your Alpha. This changes nothing. You are all welcome here. Benson, I have so many questions, and maybe one day soon we can talk." A commotion outside of his door drew Michael's attention away from his conversation with Benny.

"This is my great-grandson! You will not ban him," Hannah growled as she stalked into the Alpha's office. "I failed my daughter. I will not fail her grandson," she fumed!

More wolves stormed in, and Benny could see traces of his Mom and Uncle BJ in them. "Hannah's right. He's family, Alpha Michael, he is young. Don't send him..." Michael held up his hand to silence all the protestations. He was hurt to realize that his pack members thought so little of him. They actually feared he'd force a child to leave.

"No one is being banned," he assured them. "Hannah, I would never do that again." Michael looked away from the group as tears began to glisten in his eyes. Benny faced his angry family members and spoke, in the hopes that he could calm their apparent fears. "Listen, Alpha Michael has the right to be upset. I should have told him who I was in private and given him the chance to decide how best to tell everyone else. But I was so mad, and I wanted him to know Grandma survived, despite what he did," Benny exhaled, "I never meant to hurt anyone. I just want the truth."

Brandy, who had said very little up to this point, took this opportunity to try and reassure both of Benny's Great Grandmothers, "Hannah, Miriam, he made a mistake. I'm sure he would never act so rashly again." An older gentleman stood up then, "Alpha Madam, Alpha Michael, we mean no disrespect, but...." he looked over at Benny, "he is ours."

Michael faced the older gentleman and nodded, "Jebediah, you are right. He is ours."

At this point Terse spoke, "Sir, we can leave and come back tomorrow. We really didn't intend to...," Michael stopped him.

"Don't be silly. You boys have to eat, and we need to welcome our family member home," he declared. Benny was silent, but Ares could tell that he was talking with someone at home.

Benny, what did you do? Javon called both your mother and me to his house. You've only been there one day, Blaine demanded.

Dad, I told them who I am. I used my name. The Alpha called Uncle Javon and..., well they know grandma is in Texas now, Benny explained.

Call your mother. She's worried. Blaine exhaled, he was trying to temper his reaction. Oh, and you might get some phone calls later. You know how anxious everyone is. Brandy turned to speak to Benson and saw that he was momentarily distracted. She surmised that one of Benny's parents had probably contacted him and was in the process of giving him an earful, so she opted to wait until his conversation was finished before she addressed him. Yes father, I will, he answered.

Mother, Benny sent.

Celia answered him, questioning him frantically. Baby, Benny, Are you OK? Are you in danger? she asked feeling through their familial bond searching to make sure her child was unharmed.

Momma. I am fine. Benny answered showering his mother with love to her soothe her worries. I told them who I was and it caused a bit of a ruckus.

Celia was still talking, BJ can come get you? I'll tell him... Celia started to rant.

Benny stopped her. No, Momma, I'm safe. We're going to eat dinner now, he explained.I will call you later alright.

OK, Celia sniffed, Benny, be safe, she sent and left. Blaine was standing behind her and he pulled her into his arms, and held her close. She shook, and he understood,. She was the oldest, understood what was happening to her family. "Baby, he is fine. I promise you. Our boy is fine," Blaine reassured his mate. Right now, she had to believe him. Her baby was across the country, in the home of their former pack, and she had to let him do what he needed to do. Celia knew she could be there with him in a blink, but that wasn't what Benny needed. He needed answers, and she had to let him find them.

Brandy waited and when Benny finished she addressed him, "Benny, you caused quite a stir. You can sit with us at dinner, or you may join your family. What would you like to do?

Benny looked at his relatives and smiled, "Ma'am, I'd love to sit with my family."

Hannah moved quickly and embraced her great-grandson. "Benson, welcome home," she whispered, "welcome home."

The group returned to the dining hall and Ares and Benny sat with their family. Benny's phone rang and he looked at the caller ID. It was Uncle BJ. He knew that his uncle was really upset if he was calling on the phone and not telepathically. Uncle BJ, I'm fine. We're eating dinner. I'll call back later, OK. he sent.

Benny, I .... OK, as soon as you get a chance, contact me, BJ ordered gruffly.

Julianne waited and then she was sure he was finished, she snuggled next to him. "Baby, please don't worry. It will be fine. You must remember, they are your family too." She whispered. "Besides, Alpha Javon told us that Alpha Thane said his revelation changes nothing, they are still protected."

BJ held his wife, and whispered, "I know. I know." He looked at his mate, the one person he'd die for and could see that deep down she was worried. He asked, "Baby, what are you keeping from me? What is going on?"

********

Marisol had a restful night. She awoke the next morning to Kayla shaking her. "Marisol, come on. Get up. Momma says we are going out." She whined. Waking slowly, Marisol smiled at the little one.

"I'm up. Kayla. I'm up. Can I shower and dress first?" she asked.

"Yes, hurry." The little girl yelled. "I'm waking Jayden and LJ." She yelled as she rushed from her room. Marisol climbed from bed and headed to the shower.

Marisol stood under the warm spray, and her entire body relaxed. She took her time, and when she finished she headed to the dining hall for breakfast. As she entered she was greeted by several pack members, including her two best friends. The girls in the pack were so friendly, and eagerly welcomed her.

"Marisol, we're so glad you're here. Alpha Madam is letting us go with you guys today. We're so excited." Marisol smiled, because Megan and Harriet were two wolves she got along well with. "That's great. Let's eat and then we can talk," she suggested. Her friends walked with her to the Alpha table where LJ was teasing Kayla. Marisol smiled, they reminded her of Theo, Javier, and Jonathan. Those boys drove Rosita insane.

"Guys, lay off. I mean it." She ordered. Both Jayden and LJ rushed to her hugging and greeting her. Reina laughed and welcomed her as well. "Marisol, you are breathtaking. I think we need to send extra guards to keep the boys away." She teased. Marisol blushed.

"Auntie Reina, that isn't necessary. I have Jayden and LJ for protection, she teased." The boys stood to their full height and showed off their muscles. Kayla teased their nonexistent muscles. The banter continued until Lakota called it to a halt. His son's and nephew's egos could only take so much.

Marisol laughed, but stopped when Zeke walked in. She continued to smile, but her subdued reaction did not go unnoticed. Love, what happened, he sent to Margaret? Margaret looked around but had no clue. Levin noticed too and spoke to Lakota, I've taken care of the problem. One of our young men has developed feelings for the lovely Marisol. He was teasing her a bit when she arrived. I talked with him, and he won't bother her again, he explained.

Lakota growled and faced Marisol, "If anyone bothers you from now on you let me know, and they will be dealt with." He then faced the pack. He looked at each member, reading them. He noticed that Zeke seemed extremely nervous. He glared at him and sent a message, Zeke, my office.

Yes Alpha, Zeke replied.

Breakfast ended, and Margaret, Reina, and the girls headed out for the day while Zeke reported to Alpha Lakota's office. As he entered, Alpha Levin walked in right behind him. "Come in, sit Zeke," Lakota ordered. "Levin, welcome, I understand you and young Zeke had some sort of discussion yesterday."

Levin nodded, "Yes, Zeke and I discussed his treatment of Marisol, and he understands that he must treat her respectfully." Zeke swallowed nervously. Marisol was Alpha Lakota's granddaughter. It was no secret that he favored the girl. He waited nervously for the Alpha to speak. "Will you let her finish college before you approach her," he asked? Zeke's wolf growled. She would be of age in a few months, but his Alpha was asking him to wait for another four years.

"Alpha Lakota..." he whispered.

"Let me explain, Zeke. She is young. We both know that, but there are factors here you are not aware of. She has to grow, Zeke. Her entire life has been sheltered. College is a time for her to explore and learn who she is. Her parents are entrusting her to our care. Respect her enough to let her experience life."

Zeke was quiet. He really did understand what the Alpha was telling him. "When she moves here, I will let her be. I won't declare anything, but Alpha Lakota and Alpha Levin, I know she is mine. However, until she recognizes me, I will stay back. But the moment her wolf recognizes me, I am revealing myself to her."

Lakota was silent. He was sure the packs would have no problem with the eventual mating, but BJ and Julianne were extremely protective of Marisol. Zeke didn't know the whole story. He would call Javon and then talk with BJ and Julianne, but at least for now, Zeke would leave the girl alone, and he'd agreed to give her time to grow. He exhaled, and thought to himself. I need to talk with Javon about this. Maybe he can help with her father.

Meanwhile, Marisol had gone out with Margaret and Reina. The two older ladies talked as she and her friends listened. Soon the older women told them to go off on their own, because they needed a breather. Marisol quickly left the older ladies, taking Kayla with them. They were not alone for long though. Almost immediately, they were joined by a group of boys. The boys were not Were, but human. However, Harriet and Megan knew them from school. The wolves from the Gaines Pack attended public high school. Harriet and Megan introduced Marisol, and the small group of six spent time talking. Marisol finally relaxed, and for awhile she was just a kid.

Soon the time had flown by and Margaret called the girls back to them. They had just turned to leave when one of the boys asked Marisol for her number. His name was Timothy, and he was really shy. Marisol liked him, so she decided to give him her number. He smiled and promised to call her soon. Harriet and Megan were excited, but quickly quieted when they joined her grandmother.

Kayla chattered all the way home, while the teenagers giggled. Reina and Margaret shared a look, because having once been young, they knew what all the giggling meant. Margaret, Lakota is going to flip out. Let's hope this boy is nice.

Margaret laughed and replied, I'm not saying anything.

The group arrived back at Wildwood, and Zeke watched them climb from the car at a distance. Alpha Lakota had asked him to wait until she finished college. He'd respect his Alpha's wishes.

"Hey Zeke, we're going out tonight. Join us," his friend, Knox, suggested. Zeke started to declined but decided to just go. If he stayed at the compound he'd try and see her, and right now, she hated him.

Margaret and Reina greeted their mates while the girls rushed to Marisol's bedroom. Meanwhile, Kayla ran off excitedly to tell her dad about the shopping trip. "Daddy, we had fun. We got our nails done, and we bought clothes. Marisol got a boyfriend, and he is going to call her. Megan got a boyfriend too, so did Harriet. Mama doesn't know, because she and Aunt Reina are old. Daddy I bought you..." she went on and on.

Boyfriends? What is Kayla talking about? Lakota sent to Margaret and his sister.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers