Time for Truth Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

He decided to just finish. "I met with Isaac and he demanded that I order your death because that was the law. If a female interfered in a duel and someone died, she was to be put down. My hands were tied and then the betas brought you in. I couldn't do it. I could not issue the order. You pleaded for banishment, and I agreed. Brandy begged me to wait a few days and not decide right then, but Isaac was watching and I needed to appear strong. So I issued the decree and you and the children left. I have no excuses. I have no other words to explain. All I can say is I'm sorry, and ask that you all please forgive me."

Brandy then spoke in her spouse's defense "Before you judge him, you have to understand that Isaac manipulated him. He was constantly tearing him down and making him feel like a failure. He messed up, and he has carried this guilt for decades." She faced the stoned-faced wolves that were now glaring at her husband. They were angry, and they had the right to be angry. But she would not sit here and allow them to attack him.

Michael touched her shoulder, "It's alright baby. They have a right to be angry." He whispered.

"You said that Isaac is gone. How did he die?" Thaddeus demanded.

Michael took a breath, "I killed him. After Nina left and the pack revolted, he challenged me for my post as Alpha. That was his plan all along. I had no choice. He planned to kill me and he even had supporters to help him reach his goal. Right before the duel, I began to feel weak. Brandy was worried. She started preparing my meals. I felt better. Isaac found out and was livid. He had one of the cooks tampering with my meals to weaken me. I cancelled our first duel and he tried to declare himself alpha by default claiming I refused to face him. Several of my Betas stood against him and as soon as my strength returned I faced him at the stones. He cheated, but Clarence knew he would. He warned me and his action saved my life. At one point he pinned me, and that's when he confessed to destroying my pack. He bragged about Benson's death and how easily it was to have his way. I was stunned, because I knew something was wrong in that situation. He continued his taunts and I realized that my brother was insane. He had to be put down, and I fought even harder. In the end, I pinned him and delivered the fatal blow. Within the hour of his death, I ordered Clarence and several betas to find you and the pups. They tracked you to Jael territory.

I contacted Jael and Alpha Jael said you and the children refused to stay. He sent several scouts after you, but a band of vampires destroyed all four of you. Clarence didn't believe him and he went there to their compound. They took him to the town, and gave him your belongings. They even took him to the last place you and the children were alive. I honestly thought you perished. Coming back to tell your families is a time I will never forget. You and your children died because I failed as Alpha. I revisited the old laws and with my betas, we eradicated them." Michael concluded.

No one spoke. They had so many questions, but were not sure where to start. Jebediah glared at the Alpha. "Alpha Michael, I have to forgive you. I have known you since you were a pup. I saw how he treated you, and I was glad when Alpha Vernon named you Alpha. You are right. You let us down, all of us. Forgiveness won't come easy. You see you sent our family out into the wilderness and for decades we thought them dead. The fact that they survived is a moot point. The thing is, I know you speak the truth. Your brother was evil, and I'm glad he's dead." Miriam touched his shoulder to stop him, but Jebediah was furious. Michael knew he needed to calm down so he issued an Alpha command. Two of the Betas escorted him out, and Miriam went with him.

Back in Texas, no one spoke. Nina knew she had to diffuse this situation, so she stood and took command. "Alpha Michael and Madam Brandy, you have no idea what we went through during that time. But despite everything, we survived. The vampires did attack, but they didn't attack me. They attacked my blood sister." Nina smiled and sent a message. Nicki, I need you. Within seconds a beautiful vampire appeared in the Alpha's office. She was glorious and beautiful and deadly. The wolves were ready to attack, and Nicki wanted them too. This pack hurt Nina. They sent her and three small children out on their own. She swore to herself if she ever got the chance, they'd pay.

"Nina, I am here. Is this cretin, your first Alpha?" She asked glaring at Michael. Brandy moved to stand between the bloodsucker and her mate. No one would hurt Michael.

"Nicki, it's alright. I was explaining to Alpha Michael and everyone what happened to us after we left." Nina explained. Her friend was too upset to listen and cooler heads needed to prevail.

"Can we take a short break, please?" she asked. Javon and Michael agreed, and everyone went to check on Jebediah. Nicki, don't hurt them. They are part of Nina's family. he sent. Yes Alpha, she replied begrudgingly.

In Texas, Javon felt for Michael. He understood, because as a young Alpha he too made bad decisions. Michael had grown and from what he learned, over the years, Michael Thane was one of the few Alphas that was trustworthy.

After a few minutes everyone returned, and Nina explained her relationship with Nicki. As she talked, Hanna listened and she became upset. "If what you say is true. You could have come to see me Nina. Alpha Michael didn't have to know. How could you go and let us think." she began to sob, Miriam moved to her as she turned away from Nina. Nina gasped and at her rejection.. Her children reacted instantly. Only an Alpha command from Javon kept them stationed. Miriam and her daughter grabbed Hannah and soothed her. Hannah's wolf was close to the surface, and they didn't need her to shift. The older woman had gone through so much, but Nina had to have a reason. They knew she was banned and could not contact the pack, so Miriam had to believe that her respect for the hierarchy of the pack was her driving decision.

"She couldn't say anything. If she came here there would have been questions. The vampires would have destroyed us. So to keep us safe, she had to keep our secret," Nicki explained. Her few words absolved Nina from blame. Hannah stopped and listened.

"Nina went through hell but she's strong. I don't want to tell her story, because she will tell you. Just know that she missed you, and each day was pure torture." Nicki looked at her friend.

Nina shook her head, and Nicki nodded. Hannah turned to her daughter and embraced her. "Baby, I'm sorry. I'm glad you are home. I know you would have called if you could."

"Momma, I'm sorry." Nina sobbed.

Thaddeus had to hold his mate. "Baby, I've got you."

Michael issued an Alpha command that everyone sit. Nicki and Nina stood before the group together. Nina had to tell her story.

In Texas, the Loess wolves waited. Her children knew their mother was strong, and she would be alright. They just hated to see their family so torn, hurting. Nina, looked at the screen at her children, then she looked at Thaddeus, He gave her strength. He was her rock and she would get through this.

She had to admit to herself that her grandson was right. This wound was allowed to fester and needed to be eradicated. Today, she would expose it and let the true healing begin. Nina then spoke. She had to share what she encountered. So she began with to speak as she was enveloped with loads of love from her family and friends. She smiled and because she needed to reassure her kids, Nina sent each one a big mental hug.

She then faced Alpha Michael and Brandy and share her travels. "We headed east. I caught a bus and rode. For the first few months, I took odd jobs. But eventually I landed in Jael territory. I asked for asylum, and they allowed us to stay. We lived there for a few months until I had no choice but leave."

She closed her eyes as she recalled those dark times. At the time, she had to survive, but looking back she shivered. I was a miracle that she and her children did. She looked down, recalling the fear of her daughter being snatched. Hannah gasped, as she could now feel everything her daughter was feeling. Nina continued, "One of the men snatched Celia. She was barely twelve years old, a baby. He was found and killed, but I realized my children were not safe there. Alpha Jael dismissed the situation and things for them everything returned to normal. Nothing for me was normal and I had to go. One of the betas decided we would mate. Alpha Jael gave him permission whether I agreed to or not. He was cruel, abusive, and I would not have survived being mated to him. So one night when they when then pack ran, I took my kids and we escaped. The wolves that were there helped, and the guard turned away and allowed us passage from their gates. I made it to the city where we hid in abandoned buildings for a few weeks. Then I had to find work." Nina shuddered as she recalled being used by the storeowner. Nina looked at her kids, and knew that was one story she would not share.

You have nothing to be ashamed of. Thaddeus sent. He was proud and if he ever got the chance, those who used her would pay. With his encouragement, Nina lifted her head, and faced her lover, her mate. She finished the story. "I did what I had to do to survive. One night, some men were raping a young girl. I had to stop them. In the fight, one of the vampires stabbed me. It was a fatal blew. Nicki fed me her blood and saved my life. She ingested my blood when she closed my wound. We bonded and now we are sisters." Nina paused.

"I arrived in Texas over 30 years ago. I requested and gained asylum from the Loess pack. I never really joined them because I focused on taking care of my pups. Even when we were invited to pack gatherings, at first I refused, but then I started going because it wasn't fair to segregate my kids. Javon and Elise accepted us, and when Kyra graduated they asked me to join. Honestly, I was just going to relocate and live out my solitary existence, and then Thaddeus came into my life. He refused to let me give up." She smiled at her mate, tears glistening. "He helped me and gave me purpose, reason. Over the years Nicki and I stayed in touch and she encouraged me to connect with them and eventually I did. The Alphas had no idea that I had a blood bond with a vampire and they learned the truth at Kyra's graduation a few decades ago. I don't need to talk about what else happened you know of our packs affiliation with the vampires. Just now that Nicki is my family, too. Accept me, then accept all of my family." Nina concluded.

Michael was stunned. He knew she glossed over a lot. Brandy, I... Michael was speechless.

Love, it will be alright. Brandy sent.

"Javon, Elise we need to break for lunch. Let's meet back here in two hours." Michael added and Javon agreed. The two groups took a break. The Thane wolves were awed by Nina's bravery, Hannah owed the vampire a debt of gratitude. She had already accepted Nicki as her new daughter. This brave vampire's quick actions saved her daughter. And from the emotions Nina tried to hide, she did so much more.

********

Marisol was sitting with the young ones. She wished she could be in the conference, but Papa asked her to help with the young ones. Soon the adults came out and the kids rushed to their parents. "Mama, Papa?" Marisol queried.

"Love, we are ok. Let's eat lunch." Julianne answered. The small group reported to the Alpha's private dining room. The group sat in silence. They all heard the stories, but hearing it today revealed more than their mother ever shared with them. Even though she never said the words, every wolf in that room were now aware of the abuses the she wolf suffered to protect her kids.

Marisol watched her family and she was at a loss. Daddy just stared, just like Aunt Kyra and Aunt Celia. She wanted to know what happened in that room. Marisol, we will tell you later. A lot happened, and we need time to process it. Love, just remember, we are here for you. We are always here. BJ sent to his oldest daughter. Then all the adults sent the children a reassuring mental hug. Javon hugged everyone in the room. He made sure to sent a giant hug to his brother and sister in California.

The adults ate in silence and the kids wondered what was going on. Finally Javon spoke, "I want to go after that pack. I want to destroy them, but it will only lead to war. We don't want war." He explained. Blaine nodded, and accepted Javon' s words.

As much as he wanted to end the Jael Pack, he understood outright aggression would lead to more death and the pack didn't need that. "We are family. You heard what Nina said. We stand together and we stand strong." Blaine reminded his brother. Emotions were high and the family was still reeling from the information the Thane alpha shared.

At Thane, Michael began apologizing. He begged for forgiveness in causing such atrocities to occur. His heart was broken, spirit crushed. It was Nina and Nicki that were able to help him gain perspective. "Alpha Thane, have you heard of my husband, Gernick Ivanov?" Nicki asked.

Michael had heard of Gernick, but he never met him. "Well, he blamed himself for everything that went wrong in his family. And he was wrong. Just like in your case someone else decided to play God. His stepmother hurt so many, just because she hated him. Your brother hated you. I can see that and I am not a pack member. He wanted you to be destroyed. Nina and Benson were just tools at his disposal." She looked him directly in the eyes.

"You stopped him, right. And from what Nina explained, you tried to find them?" Nicki paused and Michael answered.

"I didn't do enough. I should have realized that he was unstable much sooner," he mumbled.

"Well you did your best. As much as I want to hate you, I cannot. Nina, my sister, doesn't hate you either, nor does she blame you. Quite honestly, she never did." Nina interjected.

"Nicki's right. I broke the law and deserved to be punished. You showed mercy, because you had the right to have me out down. You gave me and my kids a fighting chance and we survived. I was angry for years. But I understand and life has taught me to let it go. Isaac is gone, and I have my family back. You did good Alpha. Stop beating yourself up. She declared. Brandy hugged her mate and smiled at the two women. Thank you. she sent. She was sure they didn't hear her, but the two smiled back and she knew somehow they did.

********

Lunch ended and the groups returned. The mood was much lighter. The two groups set up visits for the rest of Nina's family, and the Thane Alphas even scheduled for Nina's family to visit Loess Falls. Soon, Theo and Jasmine had enough and wanted to see Momma. They ran into the conference room. They were not alone, Jonathan, Javier and the rest of the brood joined them.

Hannah was awed by her beautiful family and could not wait for them to visit. Only one child did not barge in. Julianne saw her standing just outside the door, and called. Soon Marisol came in and the Thane pack greeted her enthusiastically as well. She relaxed and spent time talking with her other family.

Benny and the boys arrived and joined in the fray. Marisol lit up when her cousin Benny appeared. She smiled, and the Thane members were awed by her beauty. Soon the conference ended, and everyone went back to their responsibilities. Marisol was glad to relinquish the young ones, and Rosita took off with her friends. The boys spent the last few minutes begging Aunt Nicki to let Jonathan stay overnight at the compound. She laughed and told them to ask Gernick. The boys cheered. Uncle Gernick never said no.

Marisol checked her phone and she had two missed messages from Timothy. He was coming to Texas with a group from his church in three weeks. He wanted to know if they could spend time together. Marisol smiled, and texted back that she'd let him know. Now she had to convince Papa, Javon, and even Gustavo to let her go on a date. She smiled and went on with her duties.

********

Wow, a heavy chapter, I know. But isn't that the way of life. Things happen and at some point you have to deal with it. Well, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. In the next one, we will fast forward. So please, just read, relax, and enjoy. Please don't forget to comment and vote. IR2R

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers