Time in a Bottle

Story Info
Two lovers stranded in a snow storm.
11k words
4.19
15.4k
3
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BADSAM689
BADSAM689
233 Followers

Pierre and Roxanne have an unwavering love for each other. He is her Romeo, her Mark Anthony, her Samson and her Lancelot; she is his Juliette, his Cleopatra, his Delilah and his Guinevere. Together they are the classic Shakespearean romance.

They met in the student cafeteria at the college they both attend. It was ten minutes after two in the afternoon; the lunchroom was about half empty. She was sitting alone reading from her notes while eating her lunch. He sat down at the table next to the coed; it was the table nearest the window.

He immediately began to unpack his backpack. His laptop, a cell phone, a thermos, an apple, a roast beef sandwich, reading glasses; the paraphernalia kept piling up on the table. Within a minute he had the entire table filled with these things plus his textbooks, an algebra workbook, several pens and pencils and a notepad -- he put his backpack on the floor near his feet.

He looked around at the things he had placed on the table. He frowned, got up and went to the lunch counter to get some napkins.

He opened two of the napkins, meticulously placing one on top of the other, creating a placemat. Next he opened a pocketknife and began to carefully cut his apple into quarters. After that, he cut out the center of each quarter, returning each quarter to the opened napkins. He put the cut out pieces onto another napkin on the opposite side of his table. Then he opened another napkin and covered the four pieces of apple as he brushed away a fly.

As soon as the student was finished with his apple, he opened two more napkins -- again carefully placing one on top of the other. He took his sandwich out of its plastic container and cut it diagonally in half. He placed one section near the edge of his makeshift placemat and covered it with a napkin. He put the other section in the center of his placemat.

He turned on his laptop, placed his cell phone next to his laptop, put his glasses on, opened his thermos and began to eat his sandwich, occasionally biting into an apple quarter -- while reading what appeared to Roxanne to be notes on his laptop screen.

All his detailed actions interrupted Roxanne and distracted her from her own reading. But she couldn't help smiling. Never before had she seen someone exhibit such thoroughness when eating. 'To each his own,' the coed whispered to herself and went back to her own reading and lunch.

After several minutes, someone on the other side of the lunchroom yelled out, "Fuck, I'm late for class!" and ran out of the cafeteria, leaving his drink and half eaten pie on the table.

Pierre immediately apologized to Roxanne. "You'll have to forgive some of my classmates. They have no respect for women."

"What?" Roxanne answered him. His statement confused her.

"That student who just ran out of here; he cursed."

"Oh, that doesn't bother me. It's not like I've never heard profanity before; I have two brothers, one older and the other one younger than me. Besides, I don't have anything against it. I try not to use it . . . but," she smiled acerbically and left her statement unfinished.

"Me too," Pierre answered her. "I curse myself. But there's a time and place for everything. When I'm with mixed company I try to watch my language."

"You're a real gentleman," she quipped. "They're hard to find these days."

Pierre blushed several shades of red.

It was at that moment -- when his face turned crimson -- that Roxanne decided that she liked this attentive, meticulous white boy. His long black hair and thick black eyelashes accentuated his deep blue eyes. He appeared to be short with broad shoulders. His muscled arms gave him the look of someone who regularly works out. She could just barely make out his rippled stomach beneath his college T-shirt. The rest of him was hidden below the table.

For a brief moment the coed thought about joining him at his table but then thought better of it -- he might not appreciate someone sitting close to him as they might "spread their germs" all over his stuff. She did however change her seat to one that was closer to his table.

She asked him his major. He told her that he was a sophomore studying accounting; he wants to open up his own tax preparation business someday. When she pointed out to him that that is seasonal work, he added that he also hoped to own and captain a charter yacht for those who want to vacation in the Bahamas, the Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands or other places in the Caribbean Sea.

She answered him that she too was a sophomore studying geology but has no idea what she wants to do once she is finished college. Nor did she know why she was studying geology. She liked reading about dinosaurs when she was in middle and high school. But so far she had only taken one course that covered the subject. All her other geology courses had been about plain rocks.

Pierre and Roxanne are as different as any white man and black woman can be. He is conservative; she is liberal. He likes quiet evenings home alone; she likes wild raucous parties. He knows exactly what he wants to do and where he is going with his life; she has no directions and is taking each day as it comes. He is neat, careful, tidy and organized; she is sloppy, chaotic, lackadaisical and disorderly. He is from the poorer section of town and is working his way through college. She is the daughter of the former mayor; her tuition and books are paid for by her parents. He shares an apartment with a friend; she lives with her parents.

But then it is their differences that attract them to each other. The two students begin dating and soon develop a strong love for each other. They are inseparable, going to night clubs, restaurants, parties, sporting events, picnics, camping and doing many other such things together. They also take long peaceful walks in the park together, go to the local theater for a movie together -- usually a romantic comedy -- or spend many quiet evenings together in his apartment just watching television and eating popcorn -- when his annoying roommate isn't there to interfere with their intimacy.

In fact, it is their constant togetherness that puts an end to their plans.

They were scheduled to spend the weekend with some friends on Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachusetts. But at the last minute the two of them decide to drive up to his uncle's hunting and camping lodge on the outskirts of Colchester, Vermont. Their main reason for doing so is so that they can have a romantic weekend alone together. Pierre's birthday is the following Sunday and they want to celebrate it in a special way.

So the first Friday of a cold January afternoon they say good-bye to their friends, load up her sport utility vehicle with some food and winter camping gear and head for the mountains. What they don't know is that there is a heavy snowstorm heading south from Canada as they are heading north.

The snow starts to come down just before they cross the Vermont state line. It is still coming down when they turn off Interstate 91 onto Interstate 89 for their trip into Burlington. Roxanne comments how wonderful it will be to have snow on his birthday. She tells him that she intends to build a snowman in front of the lodge just for him.

By the time the two lovers arrive in Burlington the snow is coming down hard. They debate whether or not to proceed north on the old Roosevelt Highway for the last leg of their journey. Pierre checks with the state police and they tell him that the roads are safe for the time being. They stop to gas up the car and to get something to eat at a fast food restaurant.

Unbeknownst to Pierre and Roxanne, it is while they are eating that the weather takes a turn for the worst. As they are coming out of the restaurant and into the parking lot, a gust of arctic wind blasts them. Both travelers are too anxious to return to the warmth of the SUV to notice that the temperature has suddenly dropped considerably.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

It is after they have been traveling along the highway for quite some time that the snow really gets bad and starts to come down even harder. In fact, the snow has become blinding. Pierre is driving but he can't see much farther beyond the front of the car. The SUV keeps sliding all over the icy road.

Pierre is worried about getting into an accident with another car. He reduces his speed. Roxanne only wants to get to the cabin before it gets too late. She wonders whether or not Pierre is lost. She hasn't noticed any road signs for quite a while; she is hoping that she just overlooked them.

"How much further?" the coed asks, trying to hide the anxiety in her voice.

"It's not much further," Pierre responds. "I think I saw a cabin that I recognized a few minutes ago. It shouldn't be long now."

But silently he is worried. He only half recognized the cabin he spoke of. In truth, visibility is too low to distinguish anything. He continues to drive into the night.

After ten or fifteen minutes, Pierre slows the car to a crawl and looks hard out of the right side window. Roxanne looks too. Yes, there is a cabin there. But he can't identify it; it is too far from the road. Turning his attention back to the front windshield, he sees that the road has suddenly turned to the left. He quickly turns the steering wheel but the SUV skids into the ditch alongside the road.

The two occupants are thrown to the passenger's side of the car -- neither was wearing a seat belt.

Pierre comments that he is glad that the air bags didn't deploy; they were driving too slow and the accident wasn't serious enough. However, Roxanne did hit her head against the side window.

Pierre attempts to back out of the ditch. But the tires only spin wildly. He gets out and examines the car. They are stuck.

He climbs back into the car. Roxanne complains about her head; Pierre's right shoulder is beginning to hurt him a little bit. After sitting in the car for several minutes discussing their predicament, the two lovers decide to go to the cabin they just passed. Roxanne complains that she is dizzy. The passenger's door is jammed, so Pierre helps his girlfriend out through the driver's side of the car and into the blinding snowstorm. They slowly make their way to the cabin; twice, the howling wind nearly blows them down. Pierre carries the woman most of the way there using his left arm.

Luckily the front door of the small bungalow is not locked. Pierre helps Roxanne to a tattered green sofa just inside and to the left of the door and then goes to see if he can find a blanket and some pillows. He returns a few moments later with one pillow -- minus a pillow case -- and a thin Army blanket that he found in one of the bedrooms; he covers the coed with the blanket and then his jacket.

After covering Roxanne -- she is just lying on the green sofa with her eyes closed -- he feels for his cell phone but it is not in his jeans pocket. He figures it must have fallen out when the car crashed. He knows that Roxanne's phone is in her purse; still in the car. He sits on the floor next to her and ponders what he will do next -- go for the phones or rest a bit.

Pierre decides to rest first. There is no hurry; neither of them is hurt too bad. Besides, a tow truck probably won't come out at this time of night in this storm.

He closes his eyes.

***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** *****

Pierre wakes up with a start; it is morning. Roxanne is still sleeping. He goes to the door to try to push it open but he can't; it is stuck. He peeks through the blinds out the window to the left of the door. The snow is about waist high and piled up against the entrance.

He begins to survey the cabin.

It has a kitchenette and one large living room, with a short hallway leading into two small bedrooms that are separated by one undersized bathroom. The restroom is windowless. He does not enter any of these locations; he just steals a glance into each one.

On the wall to the right of the door leading into the hallway is the head of a stuffed ten point buck above what used to be a fireplace that has been sealed up with bricks. Directly below the buck is a framed 8 x 10 photograph of a man kneeling on one knee next to the dead deer. He is holding a bow and a quiver of arrows in one hand; the other hand is holding onto the whitetail deer's antlers. He is smiling broadly.

Hanging above the mantle and below the whitetail deer's head is a polished wooden plaque. Carved into the plaque is the testimonial: 'Sam's Hideaway.' There is a large butane gas heater in front of the former fireplace but it does not have a butane tank attached to it.

On the opposite wall of the living room, to the left of the front door as one looks at it, is a clothes tree with an empty coat hanger on it. There is an empty coffee table below the window of this wall. One of the legs is somewhat shorter than the other three -- it is resting on a brick.

There is a black imitation leather easy chair and one small end table in the far left corner. On the table is a copy of a nudity magazine and a lamp with a torn lampshade. Along the far left wall is a dark red sofa with a large oval stain in the center of it. There are large double windows behind this sofa, looking out toward the road. The curtains on both of the windows are old and dirty.

To the left of this sofa in the corner is a three lamp stand. Also in this corner is another end table. It is empty. Next to it and midway between it and the fireplace is a television stand minus the cable box and TV; the cable to the television is curled up on the floor. There is a DVD of the 1988 movie Beetlejuice on the TV stand. The fireplace is further to the left and directly across from the front door.

The door leading into the bedrooms and bathroom is to the left of the fireplace, as one looks at it. The green couch -- the one upon which Roxanne is sleeping -- is near this door, midway between it and the front door. This sofa also separates the living room from the breakfast bar area which is behind it.

The breakfast bar separates the living room from the kitchenette. There are three mismatched barstools in front of the bar -- one is cushioned, the other two are bare wood.

There is no phone, television, radio or any other communication device in the living room or in any of the bedrooms.

Pierre is hungry so he goes to the little kitchenette in search of food. Both the cupboards the refrigerator are full of food -- canned vegetables, canned meat, several cans of peaches and fruit cocktail, peanut butter, jam, soft drinks, beer, butter, frozen waffles, syrup, ice cream, several boxes of rice, spaghetti, cereal, instant potatoes and instant macaroni and cheese. There is enough food to last several campers a couple of weeks.

Roxanne comes and stands next to him as he is looking over the food; she puts her arm around his waist. They tell each other that they will leave a note explaining about their accident. They will also leave some money in the refrigerator for any food that they eat.

Roxanne then puts some frozen waffles in the toaster she found in one of the cupboards while Pierre puts some plates and utensils on the bar. He gets the syrup from the cupboard and butter from the refrigerator.

The two lovers eat their breakfast while making plans on what they want to do as soon as the snow melts enough for them to get out of the cabin. The first thing Pierre wants to do is inspect the damage to the SUV. He tells Roxanne that he didn't get an opportunity to do it the night before. He says that he is going to try again to drive the car out of the ditch and failing that he will call a tow truck.

After breakfast Pierre again tries to open the door while Roxanne washes the dishes. The door is still stuck. He looks out the window next to the door to inspect the weather conditions. It is still snowing but not as hard as the night before. He returns to the kitchenette just as Roxanne is wiping off the breakfast bar. He puts his arms around her waist, hugging her tightly from behind. He kisses her on the nape of her neck.

She turns in his arms, puts her arms around his neck and kisses him hotly on the lips. Their tongues entwine. He caresses her left breast with his right hand. She moans as he presses himself against her yielding body. She presses her hips into his lean figure.

"Want to make out?" he asks his love mate. He is smiling. His eyes are sparkling.

"We can't do that here. This isn't our private chalet. Besides, suppose the owner comes in and catches us?" The woman sarcastically replies. Then she throws her head back, closes her eyes and offers her neck to his caresses.

"We are snowed in. No one can come in or out. We'll be here for a day at the least," Pierre continues to kiss her on her neck and caress her breasts.

"Are you sure? I wouldn't want someone to walk in on us while we're having fun," Roxanne asks him as she wraps her right leg around his thighs and rubs her groin against him.

"I'm sure," he picks her up and carries her to the green sofa. Within seconds they are both naked and making love.

After, they are wrapped together in the Army blanket, lying side by side.

"Wouldn't it be great if we were trapped here, snowed in for months, just the two of us?" the coed mischievously inquires. She toys with a locket of his hair. "We could spend the rest of the winter just making love."

"Why wish for just a couple of months? Why not dream that we're stranded here for the rest of our lives."

"Oh Pierre, my love I could spend an eternity here with you. I would spend every moment of it making love with you." She kisses him on his lips and pulls his body closer to herself.

After they break the kiss, she asks him, "How's that song by Jim Croce go? 'If I could put time in a bottle, I'd save every day just to spend them with you till eternity passes away,' or something like that."

"It's something like that," he answers her. He sits up. He looks down at her supple breasts. He flicks her left nipple with his first finger.

"You are the most beautiful person I have ever met."

"I'm not beautiful," Roxanne answers him shaking her head. "My breasts are too small."

She gets up and walks naked across the room to the front door. She tries to push it open but it won't budge. She turns to face Pierre, pouts, leans against the door and then gives him a provocative smile. He is just staring her, at her beauty, at her whole body.

The woman is a bronze goddess supported by dainty feet, slender ankles, thick calves and smooth shapely legs with a thin, dark patch of curly pubic hair on her Venus mound; allowing him to just barely see her lips. Her flat stomach holds a deep navel, a wishing well of desire. Her beckoning breasts are firm with small areola but large raisins for nipples. Her head sits on top of a short neck and broad shoulders. Her rosy cheeks, full lips, cute pug nose, deep brown eyes, thin eyelashes and lengthy black box braid cornrow dreadlocks all give her the appearance that only a heavenly angel could possess.

Pierre not only loves his girlfriend he also loves her luscious body.

Suddenly, Roxanne puts her hand near her mouth, as though she is holding a microphone.

"News flash," she calls out. "Pierre and Roxanne are stranded on a mountaintop. Buried in by an avalanche, they . . ."

"You're naked my love," Pierre reminds her. "Anchor women don't do the news in the nude."

"Will you stop interrupting me? This is my newscast. Besides, here at WSEX we always do the news in the nude." She smiles seductively at her soul mate and thrusts her chest out.

"As I was saying before I was rudely interrupted by my cameraman. Pierre and Roxanne were buried in an avalanche last night. For this exclusive interview we here at WSEX take you live to their mountaintop bungalow."

BADSAM689
BADSAM689
233 Followers