Time is On Her Side Pt. 02

Story Info
How far will she have to go to change the world?
3.9k words
4.4
8.7k
3
0

Part 2 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 06/28/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SBstories
SBstories
262 Followers

Lana never came and didn't answer her messages either. Horatia looked for her everywhere on Campus, called her a million times. An unknown interference blocked all signals and means of reaching out to her. She called her parents who seemed pretty unphased by it all. A few hours later, she called Alex.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your studies but I need your help," she said.

"What's wrong?"

"I think something bad happened to Lana. I can't call her and no one has heard from her in a while either. We were supposed to have lunch together on me and she didn't show up. When was the last time you saw that girl pass away food, let alone free one? Never, I tell you! Something is not right, I can feel it in my bones."

"I believe you, R. We'll get to the bottom of this, promise. Where do you want to meet?"

"I'll be waiting for you at the entrance to the Library. Please hurry."

She hung up the call and found herself staring at one of the dreaded symbols of The Super Patriarchy. It looked like a real flag but in fact it was just another three-dimensional hologram riddled with intersecting patterns and subliminal encoding, she was sure of it. The Oath flashed every now and then on the upper-right corner and other directives followed suit, constant and insidious reminders that those in power would do anything to keep it and that those without it were forced to endure the full extent of their desires in whatever way they presented themselves.

Horatia shuddered. A cold tingle ran down her spine and onto the tips of her toes as she waited for Alex at the rendezvous point.

One of the teachers - a mid-forties, turtle-necked and golden-haired man whose name she couldn't recall but knew it sounded a lot like Dick - looked at her as if she had just emerged from a spaceship, a peaceful alien on an hostile planet. She ignored his gaze, only to discover two more leaning against a pillar, trading whispers in-between laughs and laughs in-between exaggerated hand gestures and other pretentious body language.

"Now you're just being paranoid," she muttered to herself. Seconds dragged themselves under their weight, they too a part of the vile conspiracy looking to claim her thoughts and feast on them until there was nothing left. She faltered for a moment, perhaps two, tapped her heels on the floor and kicked the ghostly remnants out of her mind.

Alex arrived sooner than expected, having borrowed his older brother's car before he had the chance to say "no". He looked wonderful in his matching pants and vest dark grey suit but now it was not the time for fashion appreciations.

"I'm glad you're here," she kissed him.

"Anytime, my dear. I don't need to be entranced to be here for you. I loved what you did to me a few hours ago though," he grinned.

"You'll probably change your tune after a few more weeks of denial but we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Right now, finding Lana is our utmost priority."

"Of course. What do you have in mind?"

"I looked around everywhere already, or rather almost everywhere. There's one place I didn't check because it's already closed off. I need you to help me get inside so I can look for some clues."

He knew on the spot what she meant by "inside". Others probably wouldn't but, then again, they didn't know the innards of her brain like he did.

"I never thought I would see the day when you would ask me to go back to my old B. and E. adventures," he retorted, reminiscing teenage experimentations only the two of them were familiar with.

"It's an emergency and those skills are needed. I need you to trust me on this."

"I do trust you but I'm also aware you're playing a very dangerous game going up against Lazendorf that way. You don't know for sure he had anything to do with what you believe may have happened to Lana. If we're caught snooping around, who knows what the consequences will be. I don't want you to do anything rash you may regret in the future, My Goddess. Are you sure you want to go forward with this?"

"Yes. He threatened me, today. I have no doubt he's capable of using my friends to get under my skin. Lana was with me when he asked me to go his office. I suspect he may have called for her after I left and everyone is keeping quiet because they're afraid of possible repercussions just like you are."

"A little bit of fear is healthy, especially when dealing with someone with so many connections. We both have a lot to lose if this goes sideways."

"I know but it won't," she encouraged him. "Are you with me?"

"Always," he encouraged her back. "Let's go then."

Deep into the University they descended, casual lovers on an unsuspecting stroll. To wary eyes, Alex played the role of Alpha male leading his daily piece of flesh around. He talked dirty, he shoved her, he rubbed his hands on his ass and spanked her. He made everyone see the standard norm of behavior from someone of his status for what's normal is easily ignored, forgotten, and it was highly unlikely anyone would think twice about the scene a couple of minutes later.

Horatia handled herself as just another dumb and subservient woman better than anticipated but was glad when it was over and quite vocal about it. A brief mention of "punishment afterward" almost made her mind-controlled boyfriend cum without permission and the tease made them both feel more appeased as they stood in front of Lazendorf's office door.

"This looks familiar," Alex noted while studying the security mechanism, a more evolved version of a 20th century numerical keypad although the basic principle was the same.

"Can you open it or not?" Horatia queried, keeping an eye for any guard or lost wanderer in the vicinities.

"I think so but I need a little more time to be sure. It's a good thing there are no cameras."

Yes, it was. A good and unusual thing that played in their favor. Lazendorf's inner beliefs of complete immunity and sense of entitlement had led him to forbid any kind of recording mechanisms in a fifty-meter radius outside his office. No spying eyes were allowed inside either for his private debaucheries were just that - private.

Alex's hands moved swiftly across the panel doing things she didn't grasp nor wanted to. Whatever he did worked like a charm nonetheless. If they ever found themselves on the run from the Super Patriarchy's Police on account of her cry for help, his thieving skills were sure to come in handy again and again.

"After you," he declared.

Horatia took the lead and in five seconds got her confirmation.

"Lana was definitely here, today."

"How can you tell?"

"Her favorite perfume is still in the air. Can't you sense it?"

"It certainly seems like hers but that's hardly concrete evidence."

"Which is why I'm going to tear his desk apart. Check his call registry in the meantime," Horatia commanded.

"Yes, Goddess," he gladly complied, the chastity spell being put to the test once again. It held as it should and they both got to work.

Both papers lying around and recent calls proved inconclusive. As for his personal quantic computer, the layers of encryption set in place were an unsurmountable barrier even for both of their intellects combined.

"Nothing. Shit!" Horatia vociferated.

"Now what?"

"No clue."

She looked at the Professor's bookshelves, daydreaming of forbiddent secrets "You don't suppose there's a hidden passage behind one of them, do you?"

"I think that only works in fiction but it's still worth checking."

They did, leaving as little evidence of any tampering as possible, with the same results as previous dilligences. Horatia bit her lower lip in a sign of frustration. Lana's trail was fading fast just like the lavender notes of her perfume.

"I think it's time to go, R.," Alex said, somberly.

"You're right," she agreed, despite wanting the opposite. They had been quite fortunate until then but Fate was fickle and vengeful when pushed too far. Horatia muffled the raging scream rushing up her throat and exited her teacher's office. Alex trailed right behind her, resetting the keypad's configuration in the blink of an eye. The door hissed and closed. The serpent of despair hadn't swallowed them but the bite marks were undeniable.

Horatia didn't have to pretend being something she was not as they negotiated a path towards the University's main entrance once more. During those minutes, she was actually a little broken. Alex kept quiet, didn't push the envelope, instead waiting for the right moment outdoors, that moment when his dominant Goddess cried like a regular human being in his arms as the artificial night sunk in.

"Damn it!"

"It's not over yet. We can go to his house if you want," he consoled her.

"No. You've done plenty already!" Horatia sobbed. "I'm going to try to call her parents again, see if they heard anything from her in the meantime."

"You might want to hold on to that idea for a little longer," Alex declared.

"Why?"

"Because Lazendorf's car is right around the corner," he pointed.

Her eyes followed his right index, the hypnotist somewhat entranced by a glimmer of hope. Two shadows stood next to the vehicle, one all too familiar.

"I can see the son of a bitch, too. But who is he talking with?"

"Can't tell, but if you look closely..."

"... there's a woman in the back seat."

Lazendorf's shadow gesticulated furiously to the other one, a gigantic mass of muscles under a top hat. There was no visible reply, nothing that indicated they were witnessing an actual conversation instead of a monologue.

Horatia and Alex crossed the street using other cars as a cover until they were close enough to see a truth they weren't ready to see for the other shadowy figure divided into two under a fluorescent lamp's light. Besides the muscles and the top hat, there was a red skirt, curly shoulder-length brown hair and designer stiletto shoes.

Maximillian and Sarah Danvers. Lana's parents.

"I can't believe this!" Horatia gasped.

"I'm finding it hard to believe myself but that's definitely Lana in the car," Alex noted.

"Are they...?" she couldn't finish the sentence when she saw the money in Lazendorf's hand. No, that couldn't be a business transaction!"

"This is definitely more than she's worth so you'll do well to accept it and never discuss this with anyone," Lazendorf said.

"The money is always welcome but you're doing us a favor anyway, Professor," Sarah Danvers replied. "It's a pleasure to serve."

"What the fuck?" Horatia almost exploded. Only Alex's timely hand on her mouth kept them safe and hidden.

"Calm down, please."

"How do you expect me to calm down when they're selling their daughter?" She emphasized.

"I know it's a lot to process but this is bigger than we thought and if we're caught right now, I..." He tried to hold on to her though she kept struggling against his embrace.

"For once in your life stop being such a pussy!" Horatia vociferated and his eyes fell down. It was not the right time and place to be thinking of erotic humiliation but Alex's deeply programmed mind often responded to stimuli in unexpected ways and a part of him couldn't help but love when she played rough.

"Are you going to help me willingly to put an end to this sham or do I have to put you under again and make you obey me?"

Alex's voice quivered, part of his self already adrift in the rush of subspace.

"I'll do whatever you want, Goddess."

"Good." Horatia peeked again. "It seems they're wrapping up so let's do it now before it's too late.

Reluctantly, Alex followed her lead, stepping out of the shadows to confront Lazendorf and Lana's parents. He didn't say a word, letting his girlfriend, owner, and Goddess do the honors.

"Stop what you're doing right now!" she spat, uncontained fury reflected on her usually calm and relaxing eyes. The perpetrator trio appeared stunned, yet the shock was short-lived. Lazendorf broke the illusion with a sarcastic remark that made Horatia become even more furious on the spot.

"I was wondering when you two meddling vermin would reveal yourselves. Did you honestly think you could break into my office and snoop around without me knowing all along?"

"I couldn't give a shit about it, truth be told," Horatia replied as she darted towards the limo. "Release Lana right now!"

"I'm afraid that's not possible. We have a business arrangement and no one will stop it from happening. We can do this the easy or the hard way, Horatia. I suggest you choose the easy one and leave while you still can."

"I'm not afraid of your threats," she spat again before turning to Lana's parents. "And you two, how can you live with yourselves knowing what you're doing to your only daughter?"

"The Super Patriarchy demands it and The Super Patriarchy's will is law," Lana's mother said, a perfectly conditioned response forever stuck to her lips.

"Alex, punch her in the face to see if she snaps from this torpor," Horatia commanded.

Even though the idea of hitting a woman felt strange and abhorrent, he didn't hesitate this time around. The blow was swift, blood was drawn, yet her perfectly uptight posture and mental discipline remained intact. Lana's father moved in for a jab, but a right uppercut almost made his rib cage explode. He fell to the ground, gasping. Fighting was not in his nature and the weight of old age already started to show in his aching muscles.

"You have no idea what you've just started but you will find out soon enough," Lazendorf said before reaching for his right pocket.

No one took a good look at what he brought forth though a fortuitous glance revealed a small object that appeared cylindrical in nature. A flash of red emanated from it, followed by a series of energy ripples unlike anything Horatia had ever seen or felt. As they spread, gravity distorted onto itself, her legs becoming like lead, every muscle in her body morphed into a rigid mass of pain. Alex was affected as well, but everyone else remained unphased. Lazendorf approached the young woman, offered her the most obnoxious smile his lips could produce and muttered:

"I'm feeling so tempted to take you with me as well because you're definitely in need of some discipline but no... I'd rather just watch you suffer for the time being. Don't worry, I'll take good care of your friend."

"You... fucking... pig," Horatia muttered, the strain on her vocal chords almost unbearable.

"I'm actually the Big Bad Wolf," he replied. He raised his left foot and her world went dark.

* * *

When Horatia came to her senses, less than ten minutes later, the limo was gone, and so was everyone involved in that shady arrangement. Alex laid by the sidewalk curb. She rushed towards him, only to find him bleeding from his left leg.

"What happened?"

"A little goodbye present from Lana's mother before they left. I had no idea she was packing heat."

"How bad is it?" Horatia continued as she tried to determine the exact point of entry and whether an artery had been severed or not.

"No idea but it fucking hurts!"

"Try not to move. I'll call for help."

"Believe me, I don't need to try."

A dozen bystanders or more watched the whole scene from a relative distance. They said or did nothing, simply enjoying the morbid show. One even licked his lips as Alex's blood dripped onto the black concrete.

"What the fuck is wrong with you, people?" Horatia vociferated, unaware that twisted voyeurism was not a just a product of her society, but a commonality of History as a whole. It could be found in every moment in Time, and it would never change even if the universe was about to collapse for good.

No one around was going to help them and she had a gut feeling the proper authorities wouldn't either so she called the only person that would never let her down. She came running, bringing with her all the expertise and sound advice only a mother could bring to the table.

* * *

"What were you thinking? Seriously, Horatia! What were you thinking?" Celeste screamed from the top of her lungs.

They were back at their house. Celeste had tended to Alex's wound in utmost silence but once everything was patched accordingly, she moved in for the kill.

"I wanted to rescue Lana."

"I know you did, you silly girl, but how many times have I told you that man is dangerous?"

"Far too many," Horatia admitted.

"And yet you still decided to put yourself, Alex, and me at risk like that!"

"You? But you've got nothing to do with..."

"Don't be naive! His threat includes everyone that is dear to you. There will be consequences for this! Hell, I may even be out of a job already and not know it."

"It's not going to come down to that."

"And how do you know?"

"It's what I choose to believe in."

"Just like you believe this society is rotten to the core and that Time should be flowing in a different way?"

"This society is rotten to the core. That's not a belief, it's a fact!"

"Unfortunately, facts are what The Super Patriarchy decrees them to be so if Lazendorf already set things in motion to destroy us all, we will be destroyed," Celeste sighed.

"No, we won't! I'm going to find that son of a bitch and then..."

"And then what?"

"I'm going to make him pay. I'll do whatever it takes, use everything I got but he will pay."

"Listen to me!" Celeste shook her daughter. "You'll do exactly the opposite, you'll keep a low profile, you will not raise any more fusses and, maybe, just maybe, we can still pull through."

Horatia freed herself from her mother's grip, her thoughts in complete disarray. "You want me to quit?"

"I want you to stop being reckless! Alex was shot in the leg and, luckily, it turned out to be a flesh wound, but what if he had been killed? How would you be able to live with yourself knowing you were responsible for his demise? Do you really want that burden? Yes, I hate that we've come down to this as much as you, yes, I wish there was a way to reset the clock somehow and go back to simpler days but there isn't. Time only flows in one direction and that is forward. Stop dreaming of a past you never knew, stop treating the present as an illusion you can somehow shatter! You can't. This is the world we have to live in and, as much as I don't like it, I'd rather stay alive."

"So you're the one who's quitting."

Celeste sighed again. "I'm being pragmatic and looking out for you as I've always did. Sometimes, you can't win, but that doesn't mean you have to lose, either. Compromises must be made to ensure survival. I've already made mine and I suggest you do, too."

"I don't like the idea of a stalemate. The frustration alone is enough to..."

"... drive you crazy, I know. You forget I was your age once and felt things as intensely or even more as you're feeling right now."

"Fuck, mom! Then why are you criticizing me so much?"

"Because I soon realized that continuing down that path of defiance would spell the end of all my aspirations. If the rebel in me had won the war, I would have never met your father, and you would have never been born. I have no doubt I would be six feet under by now. I had to let Lazendorf get away with it then. You have to let him get way with it now."

Horatia blinked. "Hold on a second... what do you mean you had to let him get away with it then? What are you not telling me? What did he do to you?"

"It doesn't matter," Celeste tried to deflect the conversation. "Right now, you need to..."

"The hell it doesn't!" Horatia interrupted her. "Did he rape you back then, is that it? Did that snivelling pig rape you?"

"No."

"I don't believe you."

"He didn't rape me but he hurt others I cared about. Just like you, I found out some things I shouldn't have found out. Just like you, I tried to make my voice heard in some way but he already had far too many connections back then and I found myself in a very precarious position. I was lucky enough to meet your father at the lowest point of my life and it was his cool-headedness that saved me. He was able to call off The Super Patriarchy's hounds and let our family live."

SBstories
SBstories
262 Followers
12