Time Testing 101: Tim's New Book

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Initially, Timothy noticed no change in anything. More time passed and he began to notice nothing had changed. "Guess the spells do not work after all guys," Timothy said resignedly getting up.

Looking at them, he noticed their faces remained the same intent nervousness he saw when he spoke the words. Not paying too much attention, he walked over to the window shaking his head at how he got swindled for the book (sneaky old fart, he sighed) Timothy suddenly heard that ringing noise in his head. He only heard that noise when it was absolutely quiet...

Peering out the window, Timothy's mouth dropped. The noise of cars and people moving about in the small town was gone; everything was frozen in place – even the few pigeons flying overhead were stuck in mid-motion between wing flaps. Turning back to his friends, he saw that they too were silent and still as statues. It was like looking a portraits; eerily lifelike yet not real because there was no life from them.

"Guys! Yo guys! Joke's over – say something!" He kept yelling until he found it useless. Standing still himself, he listened for certain noises – the fridge running, the overhead clock ticking, someone breathing besides himself (he actually held his breath)... but heard nothing. It was as if everything just shut off –

"Holy shit, the spell worked." He whispered to himself. He felt giddy excitement and anxiety; he wanted to jump up and down for joy. The spell worked! It fucking worked! Yet...

"What the fuck did I just do? Freeze time? Did I stop it forever?" He quickly ran to the wall clock and saw what time it stopped on – 6:15 PM. He checked his digital watch and saw that it too had stopped at 6:15 PM; it was eerie seeing the LED screen so still and permanent on that hour, minute and second.

Going into the kitchen, Timothy wanted one more test. At the sink, he turned on both faucets and waited... nothing. Not a single drop of water came out – not even the sound of it running through the pipes was heard. Grabbing a glass, he turned and blindly threw it into the living room. The sight fascinated him; as the glass left his hand, it began to slow down. Slowly it tumbled end over end (the light glinting off it) in the air then stopped mid-air in the doorway to the living room. Timothy's mouth was agape again; this shit was TOO REAL to believe!

This time he did yell and jump for joy. "Hot fucking DAMN!!! That book is MAGIC!! The POWER I HAVE! POWER!!!" His yells of joy became manic in their intensity; his mind finally overloaded with the severity that the spell worked. EVERYTHING WAS STUCK IN TIME...

Screams startled Timothy from the living room. The sudden gushing of water from the faucet caused him to jump back in surprise – then the glass he threw crashed causing more screams from the living room. He rushed into the room and saw his friends standing, Cheddar with a deep cut on his forehead (the cup hit him). The outside world began moving as well as sounds of screeching vehicles and yelling people overwhelmed Timothy's ears. He winced at that – then at seeing Cheddar's face sported more cuts from the glass hitting him.

"Hey Timothy! What the hell happened?" Jason yelled looking at him upset. "One second you sitting there reading, next you're gone. Then, this glass comes flying through the air hitting Cheddar –"

"I'm sorry," Timothy said coming closer. Seeing Cheddar stare at him angrily, he stopped approaching. "The spell worked! It worked!"

"Who the fuck cares!" Cheddar yelled. His face grew red with fury (and with blood from the cuts). Looking closely, Timothy saw a few shards were stuck in his skin! "Why did you throw the glass at me! You know I couldn't move!"

"It worked?" Hannah asked speaking softly. Timothy nodded as Jason returned with a wet cloth, broom and dustpan. Giving Timothy a cold glare, he didn't speak as he treated Cheddar. Timothy approached cautiously, his joy at the spell working now gone hoping his friend wasn't disfigured...

"OWW Jason! Careful, the glass is STUCK in my skin!" Cheddar shrieked as Jason attempted to pull pieces of glass from his face.

"That book of yours is something... powerful. I don't think you should keep it after what just happened-"

"What Hannah? I'm not giving this book up. The spell worked. Everything around me stopped – the birds, cars, the clocks,"

"Shut the HELL up Tim!" Cheddar yelled wincing as Jason treated his cuts. His gaze tore into Timothy; he didn't care if the spell worked because his face was cut by a flying glass... one HE threw and watched hover than stop (not minding to take it down).

"I'm sorry about that Ched," Timothy tried to explain, "I forgot I had thrown it. Was just soooo happy the spell worked."

"Get Out."

"Huh Jason?'

"Get out of my house Timothy. Take the book with you." The tone in Jason's voice stunned Timothy. Looking at Jason, he saw the inflexible face. Turning to Hannah, he saw that she was agreeing with Jason. Not having to look at Cheddar's face (and not wanting to knowing he would see scars – most likely permanent ones), Timothy silently stood.

"Tim, Jase means it. He wants you to go," Hannah said softly rubbing Cheddar's shoulders while Jason continued treating the wounds.

"Fine." Timothy said annoyed. Grabbing the book, he got a sudden rush of feeling from it (like a rush of adrenaline). Pausing, he closed his eyes and breathed deeply before heading for the door. Before he left he said over his shoulder, "Can I call you all later?" Hearing no answer, "Ok... bye. And I'm very sorry Cheddar. I really am." With that, he walked out of the apartment.

Outside, he took one last look at the window to Jason's apartment, then grabbed a cab for the crosstown trek to his apartment knowing that, despite the glass hitting Cheddar's face (he did forget he threw it you know), the spell was a SUCCESS. S-U-C-C-E-S-S success...

Back at his apartment, Timothy was upset that his friends reacted the way they did to the spell – though he understood remembering how Cheddar's face is going to look from now on – yet thrilled at what the spell allowed him to do. While the world halted, HE had free reign to travel around, do whatever he wanted – though for a few moments. A shudder of excitement made him hug his arms to his body tightly. The book was magical and it was HIS.

In his bedroom, Timothy sat with his legs spread – the book open in front of him. He had returned to the TIMELINE/REALITY ALTERATIONS section of the book. Here before him was a different page within the Time Testing 101 part; the spells were shorter (two lines) except for a big one on the top of the next page. The style it was written in was different; the text seemed more elegant than the rest, and the way the letters were written suggested great care was taken to jotting them down correctly. Timothy's eyes fixed on that spell disregarding the others. It was if that one spell was calling for him to say it...

"Say it," Timothy heard the whisper, but realized he didn't say it. Whirling his head around wildly, he saw no one else in his room. Just him and the book of spells...

"What could happen," he said loudly steeling his resolve. Clearing his throat, he began reciting the words very slowly (not wanting to mispronounce them messing up what would happen). The addition of hyphens in the words made reciting the spell harder and longer, but Timothy was determined to say this one.

As he continued, the hair on the back of his neck stood as a sudden whirlwind engulfed the room. Him and the bed was surrounded by the swirling wind as the rushing air drowned out all noise but Timothy's voice – and he had to raise his voice to hear himself say the spell. Timothy wanted to see this spell to the end (even if it killed him – though he hoped to heaven it didn't). When he finished, the air grew calm and silent. All around his room his belongings lay strewn on the floor, the desks and dressers lying on their sides on the floor around his bed. Him and the bed remained unchanged.

"Whoa. Some special effects." Timothy stood surveying his room. Slowly he made his way out into his small living room passing the kitchen (and seeing that the floor was littered with utensils, pots and pans); to his surprise he heard the television on. He remembered not having it on when he went to his room to do the spell. As he entered the living room, his ears popped loudly disorienting him and making his eyes water. Wiping them he approached the window and saw that the sun was at its peak – MIDDAY PEAK!

But I got home a 7:30 PM! Timothy thought. Looking out the window, he saw the normal vision of the main expressway that wove past his apartment complex. Nearby, the three huge smokestacks of the Municipal Plant plumed huge volumes of smoke – which it did only in the early afternoon. He kept staring out the window at the sudden midday traffic (though he swore it was close to 8 PM) when he heard a slight cough behind him.

Turning around quickly, Timothy caught sight of someone on his couch! His mouth dropped as he leaned against the window; he took in his intruder. He was about Timothy's height and build (lean towards skinny), with blond hair cut short and spiky (like Timothy's), intelligent and alert green eyes (wide with shock), wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt with a design on it – a navy blue circle background with two red streaks streaking through it forming the letter V – which was Timothy's company logo...

"What the Fuck!!" Timothy hollered as he realized he was staring at HIMSELF sitting on the couch!

But... How is that possible?

To Be Continued...

12