Time to Think Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Hoisted none too gently to his feet by the two hotel security men James kicked away as he cursed all in the room. When his knee came in contact with one of the men holding him, James received a retaliatory right to the chin. Stunned James came to his senses. He began to calm down and try to apologize. He wanted to talk his way out of this mess. It didn't work.

The confrontation was witnessed by several in the hall. When James was hauled out of the room and off to jail only one bystander remained. She took a good look at James Zackary before turning and walking away.

It was past 11 when the police and hotel security left the room. The hotel manager extended his deepest regrets and offered her another room. Sandra declined and checked out. She called Whitney and went to stay with her. It was Thursday before Sandra thought of her husband. What if he had tried the hotel and found she had checked out? She devised a story about staying with Whitney because the hotel was so boring.

Sandra called Thomas. The call went well as she explained how she had lost track of time enjoying old memories with Whitney. She even gave Thomas the number there at Whitney's so he would know she was telling the truth about where she was.

Through the call Sandra felt there was something wrong. She asked her husband but he said it was just problems with work. As a last thought he said he was sorry for not calling her, but he had been busy preparing a surprise for her homecoming. That made Sandra feel a lot better for she feared Thomas knew more than he was telling.

After she hung up she thought about it. Sandra rationalized that if Thomas knew he would not be able to hold his temper. Thomas was a good man but when properly provoked he would display real anger.

When it was time to head back to St. Louis, Whitney drove her to the airport. Sandra wondered if she would have a job when she returned but felt James Zackary would prefer to forget the incident. His fine wouldn't have been that bad and he could surely have made bail.

As the plane landed she had made up her mind. She would confess her infidelity and trust the love she and Thomas had shared through their marriage. She prayed it would be strong enough to weather this storm.

With her car at the office, Sandra would have to get a cab. She dared not call her husband. When she collected her bag she saw a man holding a sign. It had her company logo and her name. She approached the unknown man.

"I'm Sandra Bridgeman," she said.

"Pleased to meet you Ms. Bridgeman, I'm Franklin Jacobs. I was sent to collect you. If you have all your luggage I have a car waiting," the man said with a British accent.

Sandra tried to smile, "Collect me?"

"Please take no offence. I was sent to meet you and bring you to the office. I understand that is where you automobile is."

"No offence taken Mr. Jacobs. I will be glad to be collected. It will save me riding in a cab."

"Very well, my I carry your bag."

The car was a limousine with chauffeur standing by the open trunk. The ride to the office as pleasant but silent. When the car pulled up to the front of the office there were three people there to great her. Jacobs took her bag and her keys to 'fetch' her automobile.

Inside Sandra was escorted to the executive conference room. A vaguely familiar woman waited in the room. There introductions were made. The men were all from the corporate office of the holding group that owned the company where she worked. They came right to the point.

The two names Sandra remembered were Stan Marble and Jill Thompson. Stan did all the talking. He told Sandra that Jill had witnessed the attack by James Zackary. Mr. Zackary had been terminated while he sat in a jail cell in Atlanta. His things had been removed from his office and he was under court order to never trespass on any holding of their group.

They offered her quite a package as her compensation. She could stay and change departments. She could transfer to any of their other companies in the area with no loss of pay or seniority. She could accept a promotion to assistant in her department. It seemed Mr. Quincy had been retired shortly after Mr. Zackary.

If she wished she could have a handsome severance package with the understanding she would always have a place of employments should she wish to return to work. All they wanted was for the situation, as they put it, to never be brought up in court.

It was a lot for Sandra to consider. She already had so much more on her mind. She asked how long she had to decide. "Take a week off or two if you wish. When you come back you can give us your thoughts," she was told.

Driving home she remembered what she had to do. But she might want to wait. Only time would tell. She was thinking of the call she had made to Thomas just before she boarded her flight. He had said he had everything ready for her return. He was anxious for her to get home. There was a hit of tension in his voice but again he said it was business. He wouldn't be home to greet her but it would be better that way. She would have a few minutes to unwind from her trip he said.

Pulling in the drive Thomas's car was not there. Sandra got out, 'collected' her bag from the trunk and went to the door. Unlocking it she got a strange feeling. Something was wrong. Sandra debated on calling Thomas but thought it might sound silly. But still it didn't feel right. Taking her phone she dialed 911 and had her finger on the send button as she walked in.

The house felt strange as if it had been violated in some way. Sandra wrote that off to her guilt. Going to her bedroom she threw the suit case on the bed and stripped off her clothes. At that moment she really felt vulnerable. Sandra wrapped in a robe and checked the house. It was empty but still felt strange.

Sandra went to the bath and showered. She washed several times but still felt a little dirty between her legs. Stepping out, she dried and put on a negligee. If she had gone to the closet instead it would have been apparent what had been wrong all along.

Heading to the kitchen she called Thomas. She heard his cell ring from somewhere down stairs. She smiled and hung up. He was down stairs waiting for her. She strolled slowly expecting her husband to pop out, but he didn't. She stepped into the kitchen to make coffee. She was preoccupied so she didn't notice the table till the sound of a cell phone came to her ear. It was a page to tell the person of a missed call.

Sandra turned with pot of water in hand and looked at the table. There was a phone, an envelope with a letter and a large brown envelope. Her heart sank. She put the pot on the counter and went to the table. There beside the envelopes was a key.

She sat down and looked at the phone. She picked it up and checked the call history. Not much there. It had been used sparingly in the last week. Putting it down, Sandra looked at the white envelope. She wanted to run but knew it was too late. With trembling hands she took the letter out and began to read.

Sandra

This is my third attempt, I will try to be brief and to the point.

If you are reading this you did make it to the house. I use this letter to inform you of our pending divorce. The manila envelope is the evidence that will be used in that proceeding. I give it to you so you can have a look at what you will face in court. I understand you put on quite a show in Atlanta. I say I understand for I have never looked at the evidence. I already knew. I have known for 6 months. I have been married to you for 22 years and I noticed the change. From that point I no longer had or have any sexual desire for you. I will not take seconds.

I don't know who you were unfaithful with nor do I care to know. For if I knew and caught you at it, I would kill both you and him. But no whore is worth ruining my life over. My attorney says I have a good case, documented by the detective she hired. When all the papers are filed she will be in touch with you. I suggest you get an attorney, you will need one.

Just to let you know. She, I got a woman attorney that hates cheating wives, has frozen all our accounts. I got enough money to make my move before that happened. I will document it and it will be part of my half of our personal net worth. She has also helped me protect my retirement assets. Hope you have some money in your purse or your boyfriend will front you some for services rendered.

I have taken all I desire from the house and have left my door key. I was a little surprised at the small amount of personal items I took. Would have thought it would have been more to show for 22 year, but I guess not.

I have told the children that we had parted due to different desires. I am relocating and you wished to stay in St. Louis. I will continue to pay for my children's education. I will assume they are mine, and they have all ways called me dad.

You can keep the house but I will want half the equity. I want only what is mine and have instructed my attorney to negotiate if possible. I do not want your dirty linen out for my friend and children to see.

Please don't try to contact me. I am through with you and if necessary will ask for a court order. It is not I think you capable of violence; I just don't ever want to see or speak with you ever again. I never want to even be in the same room with you.

Now I will wish you the best in your new life and occupation. Do be careful for there are some dreadful STD out there today. But as a professional I am sure you know that.

I have said enough, I won't bother with a good-bye for I said that to you a week ago when you walked out of my life.

Oh and one other thing, I want you to go back to your maiden name (Fulton). Than too will be part of my settlement demand.

Thomas R Bridgeman

All Sandra could do was cry. At midnight she did the only thing she could think to do. She called Whitney. Her friend was on the first plane to St. Louis.

To be continued.

12