Timeros: A Clash Of Gods Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mountain of the Daemon's

Lucan looked at himself in the mirror. How strange he looked after such a long time. He had been away from home for over five years. He had left as a man of almost forty years, too old to fight said some, others had seen him battle and knew different. Where Lucan of Aldemar walked men trembled, had trembled, time had moved on. His beard was far longer and had tufts of grey throughout his now shoulder length unkempt hair also showed grey. Forty years he may have been but battle and war made him look older still. His Armour was beyond repair. All that he now had left were his pants, boots and Gambeson. "How can a Crusader fall so far?" Lucan muttered to himself staring into the mirror at a disheveled figure that once brought kings to their knees.

"Not too far I would hope?" The red haired girl had entered his chamber and stood behind him looking round his large form to see the reflection in the mirror. "I would suggest a hair cut and a trim of that beard though." Lucan noticed that she held her hands behind her back and so asked what she was hiding. The girl smiled and with what he assumed was meant to be a bit of flourish produced his sword and sheath.

He took hold of it, feeling the leather sheath and pattern sown into it, he ran his hand along the winding pattern to the sword hilt. It felt cold, he realized that she had not been carrying it by the hilt. 'Even their young know the way of warriors' Lucan mused to his impressed self. He gripped the hilt and drew the blade. He was amazed at the clean brightness of the steel. He noticed what he assumed was a small nick in the blade near the hilt, upon closer inspection he found intricate runes had been etched into the blade, his fingers danced across the foreign markings and he looked at the girl questioningly.

She said with pride "A gift from Dianna, your blade will never need sharpening again."

Lucan shook his head, suddenly it seemed that the blade was tarnished, "witchcraft" he muttered.

"We are not witches," The girl placed her hands firmly on her hips and straightened her shoulders trying to look authoritative but instead only succeeding in drawing Lucan's attention to her breasts. "We are priestess' of Dianna, shield maidens and warriors alike and know magic that this world has long since lost. Without us, darkness would have descended a long time ago. What you have there is a gift. Please accept it as one."

Lucan lifted his eyes and stared into the grayness of her own, he felt himself stir, an argument on his lips but then he stopped himself aware suddenly that since being here he had not once asked for her name had in fact not shown a butcher's ounce of respect to her. "I apologize," He said holding her gaze making sure that she knew that it was fully meant. He broke the gaze and fastened his sword to his side, feeling the welcome weight return. "I would thank you, but..."

"Amberlee. My name is Amberlee." She said a smile crossing her face.

Lucan could not help but smile back "Then thank you Amberlee for this gift, it will come in handy I am sure perhaps I'll tell you about it upon my return."

Amberlee looked at him quizzically her eyebrows rising. "Cazadora has not told you?" but Amberlee did not continue she bit her full lower lip let out a sigh, turned and left the room, leaving the question hanging.

The site of two horses in the courtyard had the instant reaction of getting Lucan's back up, he did not need a tutor of any type to tell him that he would have a travelling companion, a deadly curse it seemed would not be enough of an incentive. Cazadora stood by the horses about her stood perhaps another twenty females all dressed in the sheer gown's, as much as he tried Lucan could not help but look upon their forms, taking in breasts of all sizes and colour as well as pubic hair of all colour and in some cases none whatsoever. 'I must be feeling better, all I can think about is how long it would take me to get through all these women' Lucan chuckled to himself.

He noticed that Cazadora looked fuller in the belly than he remembered but perhaps that simply because he had not truly paid much attention the first time. "You have the best horses we could provide Lucan of Aldemar." Cazadora said handing the reins of the larger black horse to him.

"I see a second horse and no rider." He said.

Cazadora gave that wicked smile of hers, "You will have a companion, someone to help you in your quest."

Lucan shook his head, "someone to spy on me you mean."

Cazadora simply shrugged, "I can see far but not at all times call her what you may, but she will come in handy." Lucan turned to look behind him following Cazadora's gaze. Amberlee was striding across the courtyard, gone was the gown instead she wore attire more fitting for the outside world, black boots, pants and a dark brown tunic and hanging from around her neck and down her back was a long black cloak. "Amberlee is one of our finest warriors. Many have let her looks and age fool them, much to their demise. She can be as deadly as any curse and just as fast."

Lucan looked back at Cazadora, must she continue to inform him of his possible demise at the hands of a curse. "I have not forgotten, but I would prefer someone a little older I am not a baby sitter."

"And I am not a nurse for the elderly, but we both most accept our fates at the moment." Amberlee retorted for herself. Her voice had hardened and she acted almost like a different person. She mounted the second horse with fluid ease and stared down at Lucan. "If you are too feeble to mount your horse we can get a stable hand to help you up."

The gathered women laughed at this, Lucan felt his face redden beneath his beard. He mounted his own horse a little slower perhaps but with no help. Cazadora handed him a sheaf of paper. "The three items and the people who last had them, our spies are resourceful." Lucan took a quick look at the list. The names were familiar, in one case too familiar. His own name stood out, top of the list. He remembered the amulet, gold and silver with runes along the outer edge it did not seem like much when he held it and giving it away had been a necessity that had prolonged his life, now he cursed his own luck. "Once they are returned to me, the curse will be removed and you will be free to go," Lucan stared at Cazadora "My words are honest and truthful Lucan. I do not shirk from my duties or my promises. I pray you are the same."

Lucan nodded and folded the list up placing it in the pocket close to his heart. With a flick of the reins her turned his horse and left the courtyard past a procession of women and out into the world he had not stepped in for almost six months.

12