Tits for Tats Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
MSTarot
MSTarot
3,096 Followers

When the court resumes I see the judge has made some decision in his mind. His attitude is different.

"Mr. Stone you said in chambers you have evidence from the first conviction that has bearing on this case. You also said you have some new evidence. I would like to see it if you please.

"Yes your honor." I watch our lawyer hand a manila envelope to a bailiff who takes it to the judge. "Your honor those are photos obtained by subpoena of Mrs. Johnson."

The prosecutor gets to his feet.

"Your honor I object to those. I have here more than a dozen statements from former lovers of Miss Johnson that shows her to be into both whipping and flogging. Her behavior in the videotape we just witnessed shows she is a person for whom pain is a sexual turn on. Those scars could have been acquired in many ways do to her unnatural sexual tastes." He hands the bailiff an envelope of his own. He looks down his nose at me.

Mr. Stone gets to his feet calmly.

"Your Honor I said Mrs. Johnson...not Miss. Those photos are of Kevin and Sara's... mother. Whom I would also like to call as my first witness. Mrs. Susan Temple"

My jaw is on the floor when I see a lady get up from the back of the room and come forward. A bailiff brings her through the gate and around the tables. Her eyes glance briefly at the two of us. I can see she has been crying.

Over the next hour I listen to 'Mrs. Temple' do what I would have never believed her capable of. She talks about what her first husband...our father did to us. And to her. The parts that were done to her are as horrifying as what I already know about.

I finally come to feel forgiveness towards my mom before she is finished.

When the prosecutor tries to cross-examine her it gets even worse for his case. His questing only brings out more evidence of abuse. He finally gives into what is clearly a losing witness to be questioning. Mom returns to her new husband at the back of the courtroom.

The prosecutor gives his final words. They are as long and drawn out as his opening speech was.

Then Mr. Stone gets to his feet.

"Ladies and gentlemen. I would like to apologize to you. When you were pooled you had know way of knowing the graphic nature of what you would have to hear or see. I have since the very beginning said that my clients are not wholly innocent of the crime they were accused of. As the videotape showed they clearly did commit it. I however believe that their actions are the result of the nature of both physical and mental abuse that they suffered at first the hands of their father, then that they both suffered do to the wrongful conviction of Mr. Johnson...Kevin. He spent time in prison for protecting his sister. Sara. His sister shows signs in her past of having been clearly damaged by the actions of the father and the estrangement, that Kevin's conviction caused in her life, from her family."

He paused and moved over to stand looking down at one of the jurors that has been looking at us with something far less than disgust. Maybe sympathy.

"I also in my heart of heart believe that as great a miscarriage of justice as Kevin's conviction was it would be a far greater one to allow Kevin and Sara's child to spend the first years of his life in foster care. While his parents are in prison for the crime of his conception."

There is a ten-second pause, and then the bomb goes off. That's as close to the level of sound that I can compare to what I heard.

The prosecutor is screaming objections. The judge is pounding his gavel. The bailiffs are calling for people to settle down. There are reporters screaming questions from the back. I see more than a few of the jurors looking horrified. Mouths covered with hands, eyes the size of dinner plates.

"Order! I will have order or I will clear this court room!" the judge hammers his desk.

Finally the noise settles down.

Mr. Stone is standing next to me. I'm resting my hand on my stomach as he advised I do. My child is to small at seven weeks to feel, but I wish I could. I look over to Kevin. His eyes are wet with tears. We didn't tell him.

Our lawyer clears his throat in the growing silence.

"That's all I have to say your honor." He sits down and slides his chair forward.

The judge is looking a hole in Mr. Stone's face.

"Mr. Stone I am very tempted to have you charged with contempt of court for that statement. You clearly sought to influence this jury with information not truly relevant to the crimes committed by your clients." He takes a deep breath and turns to look at the jury. "Members of the jury I would like to ask you to disavow the information you have just been given by Mr. Stone as it bears no relevance on this case."

He gets to his feet.

"We will now recess while the jury deliberates its decision." His gavel hits with the sound of a prison door shutting. He start to walk towards his chambers then stops and returns to his desk. The bailiffs call everyone back to their seat.

"In regard to the original conviction I rule that there is enough evidence to warrant a miss trial."

I'm hugging Kevin as he's brought to his feet by the bailiffs. I'm crying as the chains are removed. It's the happiest moment of my life. For all of two hours.

I stand unshackled next to my sister as the jury returns after their deliberation. I take my seat when every one else does. I'm numb.

"Jury have you reached your decision?"

The Forman rises to his feet.

"We have your honor."

"Please present your decision." The judge sits back with the look of a man relieved that a decision is not his to make.

The Forman clears his throat and swallows. I can see he's nervous.

"In the case of the People vs Kevin and Sara Johnson the members of the jury find the defendants Kevin Johnson and Sara Johnson guilty. It is the opinion of the jury that do to the history of abuse that both should receive a minimum sentence and psychiatric counseling."

I see the judge look down ad take a deep breath as it comes back to him.

"Thank you Mr. Forman. The jury is dismissed."

I watch the people file out who just sent me back to prison. I feel nothing towards them. I'm numb.

My sister is pregnant with my child?

The judge looks up at us.

"Will the defendants please rise."

I get to my feet next to Sara. The mother of my child?

The judge takes a deep breath.

"By the letter of the law I am required to give you a minimum of two years in prison for a class 'C' felony. Miss Johnson do to your lack of a criminal record I'm sentencing you to two years probation and psychiatric counseling. If at any time you violate that probation you will find your time doubled and served. Do I make myself clear."

"Yes your honor." I hear my sister answer her voice shaking.

He turns to face me.

"Mr. Johnson. I am to the very core of my being disgusted and reviled at you. While at the same time I wish I possessed the courage to stand up to an abusive man at so young an age as you displayed. Do you understand that I have it in my power to send you back to prison for not only the full ten years you had left, but for a full twenty?"

"Yes your honor I do."

"What would you say Mr. Johnson if I said I would give you the same sentence I gave your sister if I made it on the grounds you never have any interaction with her ever again?"

I look down at the wood table and swallow. Freedom had been nice. The air smells so much better. When I look up I take a breath to settle my nerves then seal my fate.

"I would ask that you sentence me to the twenty years, your honor. At least then I would see her at visitation."

I hear the gasp from the audience behind me.

The judge looks me in the eyes with a long silence settling around him.

"Courage, Mr. Johnson. I hope your child inherits it. Two years probation plus counseling."

His gavel sounds, but I don't hear it. All I hear is Sara as she cries against my chest. I hold the mother of my child to me and join her in tears.

Of joy.

(I would like to thank my readers who asked for the story to continue. The first story 'Tits for Tats" was meant as a stand-alone. I decided if I was going to write it as a series, I wanted to have each story be different. The first was about the process of getting a tattoo. The second about what it feels like to be tattooed. The third story was meant to show the uncertainty of life that an older artist has. This one had to do with the fact that people with ink can come together to help one another. Joined by their separate times of pain into a brotherhood. I hope it was enjoyable. I would like to also apologize a bit for the Hollywoodesque feel of the trial, but having sat jury duty twice real trials are boring as hell. Thank you.)

M.S.Tarot

MSTarot
MSTarot
3,096 Followers
12