To Be The Last Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I dropped out of med and focused on business and technology since that was what my father majored in and I wanted to follow his dream of furthering the world into technology. So...now how about you?" Alex gave him a big smile.

Blake didn't know what to say. Either the fabricated version he worked so long on about being an orphan and working his way to where he was now or the truth. "I'm sorry that your parents had to pass in such a way. What happened to your grandfather?"

"Oh, he's still very much alive." Alex laughed. "Still ordering me around and demanding I return home and let him pamper me. The only thing I agreed to is that he can pay for my apartment at the Plaza."

With a small smile, Blake was pleased that she didn't look so sad anymore. "My father was a rich businessman and my mother was a rising model. He got her pregnant at one of the parties he was hosting, but he was already engaged to someone his parents wanted him to marry. My mother explained to me that the only reason he married the woman he did and not her was because his family's business was in financial straits and really needed the marriage. And that if he had a choice, he would have married her. I don't believe that, but I'd nod my head and say 'oui mama'. It was better to agree than make her cry more. She cried too much over him already. She also told me that the reason I never met my father was because she was protecting his political standing and what not. We traveled all around the world and I learned many languages. My mother passed away and I went to live with my mother's brother and we continued to travel all over Europe, the Middle East and Asia."

"I am also sorry about your mother, Blake." He shrugged and Alex got the hint he didn't want to go into further details so she changed the subject. "So when you traveled to Asia is that when you went to college in Japan and got into technology?" Alex inquired. "Megan Brynna said you came from a Japanese firm."

Blake's breath caught. Shit, he should have just lied. What was he thinking by telling Alex the truth? "Right. My uncle went back to the Middle East and I wanted to stay in Japan and pursue my interest in technology. And that is all the personal information I'm going to divulge to you."

"Aw, that's no fair. Okay, answer me this. Have you ever thought of finding your father?"

"No." He answered quickly and it almost came out as a growl that made Alex jump. "I don't want to find him."

Alex laid a hand on his arm and glanced up at him. "Blake...I know how hard forgiveness can be. After my parents died...I felt so horrible that I never accepted their apology. Maybe your father would like to apologize. And-" Blake cut her off with a kiss.

He knew it probably wasn't the best thing to do, but he wanted to shut her up. The first thing that popped into his head was kissing those delectable lips he had been thinking about since he first saw her. And it was another plus if it got her to stop talking about his sperm donor.

Alex vaguely recalled Blake tracing his fingers over her knee. She was suddenly very upset that dress code insisted she wear panty hose. His fingers moved to the inside of her thigh and Alex gasped against his mouth. Their kiss deepened and he shifted to bring Alex closer to him. Her chest was against his and her hand seemed to have a mind of its own as it made its way into his hair. Blake resisted the urge to smile against her lips as he nibbled and sucked.

Deftly, he slid his tongue into her mouth, coaxing Alex to play. Which she did gladly. Suddenly, he had her pinned down as he took control. He circled his tongue around hers painfully slow as his hands went even higher until he was rubbing right over her clit. Alex gasped again which turned into a moan. He began to kiss down her neck as his hand left her and began to unbutton her top. Unable to wait, Alex helped him unbutton her shirt and he laughed against her neck.

"You're impatient." He said before going back to nibbling on her neck.

"Mmm...no, just greedy." Alex tossed him a smile as she struggled out of her top.

Blake returned to kissing her mouth and Alex wrapped her arms around his neck. His fingers dipped under her bra and he cupped her breast. Alex moaned into his mouth as he pinched her nipple.

Suddenly the door was being rattled. Alex jumped away from Blake and began to frantically button up her shirt. Seeing that she needed assistance, Blake moved her hands and made quick work. He yanked her skirt back into place and helped her stand.

"Wow, you're fast." Alex laughed softly, running her hands down herself to straighten her clothes.

"Alex! Blake! Are you two in there?" Clara's voice shouted from the other side.

"I'm tempted to say 'no'." Blake whispered in Alexia's ear and she giggled.

"There you two are!" Clara said as she finally forced the door open.

She gave Alex a look and motioned for her to leave as a bunch of people crowded around. Majority of the people there were hoping to catch Blake and Alexia in compromising position. Everyone in the office could feel the sexual tension between the two. They were all unfortunately disappointed.

"Okay everyone who came to check out the scene, but didn't assist in helping get the door open...you now all have to get lost." Clara looked at the others lingering. "I said go..." They quickly scampered off.

"I'll see you later tonight for our date." Blake smiled at Alex as he walked pass.

Alex whirled around and gave him a big smile. "See you then." She said softly as he walked away. Alex was brought back to reality with a punch to her arm.

"Owww." She whined, rubbing her arm and glaring at Clara.

"Fess up." Clara arched a brow. "What happened in there? I gave you ample warning to fix yourself. I even pretended the door was jammed. Now, I want the details."

"There's nothing to tell." Alex lowered her voice. "Maybe there'll be something to tell you tomorrow morning." She grinned.

"I'm holding you to that." Clara slapped Alex's ass. "Now get, everyone was wondering if you two were baby making in there."

Alex yelped at the sting. "That might cost you some juicy details."

Clara rolled her eyes and looped her arm with Alex's and they walked back to the party together.

"As if. But I'm coming over and doing your makeup and choosing what you're wearing. No complaints."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"But he already bought the tickets to the opera!" Alex shouted at Clara.

"Stop moving." Clara slapped Alex on the arm lightly as she went back to putting eyeliner on Alex. "I'm just saying...after dinner, do you really want to go to an opera when you two can instead go back to his place or yours and have mind blowing sex?"

Clara had already given in to the fact that Blake wasn't going to leave Alex alone. And as long as Clara got Alex to realize that nothing more could happen between her and Blake than a fling, this little affair could boost Alex's self confidence. Since Alex's last boyfriend cheated on her, Alex's self confidence took a plummet. It didn't help that the woman he cheated on Alex with was twice her age with two grown children.

"Well..." Alex thought about it. "Why am I even contemplating this? We have work tomorrow. I can't be having sex with him all night and expect myself to go to work the next day."

"I've done it before." Clara stated like it wasn't a big deal. She finished with Alex's makeup and stepped back to take a look. "Gorgeous."

"Thank you so much." Alex looked at her reflection and was stunned that it was really her looking back. "And even though you've done it before, it's never been with someone we work with." Clara was quiet as she inspected her nails. "No ways! Who did you sleep with from the office?"

"Ben Granger." Clara shrugged as she moved away from Alex to get her bag. "It's the quiet ones that are the kinkiest. We broke it off well enough. He got married last year to some cute girl on the floor below us." Clara checked her watch. "Shit. I have to go. Blake should be here soon. Have fun! And think about it...sex or opera?"

Before Alex could get a word in, Clara had let herself out. Looking at the clock on her nightstand, Alex felt her heart rate speeding. Was he going to show up this time? Well if he planned to show, he had fifteen minutes. Her cell rang and Alex stumbled over herself to pick it up and answer the restricted number.

"Hello?" Alex asked breathily.

"Hello, Alexia."

Alex frowned. "Hi, grandpa. How are you?"

"You sound disappointed. Were you expecting someone else?" The voice was clipped. It wasn't because he was upset, more so than English being his second language after German.

"Of course not! How can I be disappointed with a call from you?"

"You remind me of your father when you evade my questions with rhetorical questions. But very diplomatic like your mother." The voice held a note of disdain when mentioning Alex's father.

Alex sighed. "Grandpa...I love you. Unfortunately, you called when I'm on my way out on a date. The person I was expecting is Blake Xander. I work with him and he asked me out to dinner." She glanced at the clock. "And he should be here in five minutes."

"Blake Xander? Alexia Rosaline..."

Cutting her grandfather off quickly, Alex made kissing sounds. "I love you. I have to go. Bye! I'll call you after my date so you know I'm safe and he didn't kill me and throw me in some ditch." She hung up, knowing her grandfather had too much pride to call her again.

The second time her phone rang; Alex eyed the restricted number and wondered when her grandfather lost some of his arrogance to call her again. She picked up the phone with intentions of keeping it short.

"I love you, I have to go. Bye grandpa."

"Well, I suppose I've been called worse things than grandpa." Came a laughing reply.

"Blake!" Alex said happily. "I'm sorry, my grandpa called me earlier and I had to hang up on him before he told me I wasn't allowed to go out with you until you two meet."

"I thought you were over exaggerating when you said your grandfather wanted to control the way you live your life." Blake was a little worried.

"I never over exaggerate." Alex laughed. "But don't worry about my grandfather. He still thinks I'm in high school. So how soon will you be here by?"

"Well I'm already waiting in the lobby."

"I'll be there in two minutes." Alex smiled, overjoyed that he hadn't stood her up.

"Alright. I'll see you in two minutes. Bye."

"Bye." Alex hung up the phone, her smile becoming ridiculously wide. She grabbed her bag and darted out the door. The elevator wasn't arriving fast enough. Alex told herself that pressing the button more didn't mean the elevator arrived any faster, but she just had to be certain.

When she got to the lobby, she found Blake sitting down in one of the plush chairs. Blake froze for a moment when he saw her. Regaining his composure, Blake smiled and got up.

"You look beautiful." He whispered in her ear as he placed his hand at the small of her back and led her outside to his car.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This was bad. Very bad. Blake was seriously screwed. He was able to resist Alex so far. But the moment he spotted her in that clinging dress, he was gone. Although she looked stunning, Blake preferred Alex with less makeup. It was her dress that kept him distracted. In the office, he had an idea of her curves, but in her form-fitting dress, he had more than an idea. And a glance of her creamy breasts earlier in the day as well as that kiss? It was no wonder he was sporting a hard-on that was well hidden beneath their dinner table.

The more he talked to Alex, the more he realized that he really liked her laugh. Her animated way of speaking captivated him. What annoyed Blake was the insistent urge he had to touch that wavy lock of hair that kept falling over her left cheek. Alex was oblivious to this fact as she merely tucked the errant lock over her ear repeatedly.

They were done with dinner and talking over dessert. Blake had successfully diverted the conversation from any personal things about him, keeping Alex preoccupied with telling him about her childhood.

"It was such a cliché too." Alex laughed. "It was raining like crazy and there was this adorable puppy in a soggy cardboard box. I was about ten years old and ran away from home. I was convinced that if my parents heard that I was missing, they'd come home to look for me. Gods, I was so foolish. When my grandfather found me, I was sitting at the bus stop out in the rain with the puppy under my coat. My grandfather promised me that if I left the puppy behind, I could talk to my parents. And I guess that is when I first started to despise my parents' line of work. And I later misplaced that animosity onto my parents." Alex sighed deeply, lost in the melancholy of her childhood.

"Well I refused to leave the puppy behind, even if that meant grandpa wouldn't let me talk to my parents. So grandfather took the puppy and had our butler bathe him. Matthew hated my baby Leo. But Leo loved Matthew to no end. The crappy thing about being from a rich family is that I never knew who to trust. One night when grandpa was out at a business meeting, I was at home sick with Matthew and there was a break in. Leo was huge by then. We found out from the vet that Leo was half Lab, half Golden Retriever. Matthew isn't just a butler you know."

"Really?" Blake grinned at the mysteriousness in her voice. "What is Matthew?"

"A stone-cold killer." Alex said seriously.

Blake's grin fell. "What?"

She lowered her voice, taking on a tinge of playfullness similiar to girls discussing juicy gossip. "Well I wouldn't know that for a fact. It's just things I heard whispered around the house. It was dark that night and Matthew rushed into my room and made me hide in the closet and told me to stay there until he came back for me. There were gun shots and I stayed in the closet like Matthew instructed. I waited for what seemed like hours. Finally, Matthew came back and he was wearing crisp new clothes. I thought it was odd. My grandfather was already home with his army of bodyguards. I always thought it was weird that the police hadn't gotten involved. Looking for any sign of the break in, I found none. Everything was spotless. Then I demanded to know where my Leo was. My grandfather was busy on the phone talking to someone in German. I could tell he was upset. He dropped to his knees when he saw me and gave me a hug, then sent me away to go upstairs with Matthew. He took me upstairs and sat me at the edge of my bed. He bent down beside me and took my hands in his. I should tell you now that I had a huge crush on Matthew."

Blake let out a soft laugh. "The young girl of twelve in love with her grandfather's forty year old butler?"

"No!" Alex laughed. "Matthew is only thirteen years older than me. Matthew's father worked for my grandfather. When his dad died, my grandfather took him in. Paid for his education and everything and Matthew came back and said he wanted to work for my grandfather. Anyways," Alex continued. "He sat me down and looked me in the eyes and said 'I'm really sorry, Alexia...but Leo-'" Alex stopped and cleared her throat. "'Leo was shot and he died instantly.' Matthew asked for me to forgive him because Leo died protecting him. I didn't know what to say." Alex paused again and didn't continue.

Blake reached across the table and held Alex's hand. She smiled up at him and sniffled.

"Ack, Clara is going to kill me if I mess up all her hard work." Alex used her free hand to fan her face.

"I thought the makeup was something Clara would wear." Blake grinned. He looked down at his watch and whistled low. "If we want to make that opera, we better go now."

Alex bit on her lower lip and looked down at Blake's hand over hers. He went to pull his hand away, but Alex stopped him and held his hand firmly. She looked up at him from beneath her lashes. Her heart was pounding furiously in her ears. Clara had already told Alex not to expect a relationship with Blake. But after the dinner, Alex was convinced that at least he would know how to please her. And after her last boyfriend, Alex really wanted to remember what it was like to be desired.

"Blake, I know that we probably can't have a relationship, but I want to know what it's like to be wanted." Alex chewed on her lower lip.

Watching Alex made Blake want to suck that plump, lower lip into his mouth. She looked at him uncertainly and he wanted to kiss away her worry.

"What are you saying exactly?" Blake didn't want to get too hopeful.

"Can we skip the opera and go to your place instead?" Alex held her breath for his answer.

12