To Freeze Fire Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She tried to control the shiver that ran up her spine, and lashed out in a humored tone, "Call me silly, but I think it would be a fair price to get a little banged up, just to watch him knock that smug look off your face. With just the three of you, it shouldn't take too long."

Once again, the frail man smiled, "the next house down there are more of my allies, waiting for my word to move in. Of course, if you come with us quietly, and there will be no more bloodshed. I will even spare my competition."

After all these years of running, she was faced with an alternative for her future. One where she could be happy, be with Michael. She was almost certain they would both make it out of this alive against these three. But if there were indeed, more people waiting for the frail man's order to move in, she was less than certain they that Michael would be spared.

"So what will it be Mia?" he asked, as if he already knew what her response would be. "I think enough lives have been wasted on your account, don't you?"

With defeat, she clenched her hands together, and released a long and terrified breath. She couldn't be responsible for another death. Not an innocent by stander, let alone someone she had gotten so close to. Helpless, having an out of body experience, she felt her head give a short reluctant nod. Then, with one last glance back at the house, she started her way down the dirt road, once more a captive.

The desire to be accepted had long since passed. For too long had he been running, just to survive. There was no place in his life for sentimental things, everything he had once held so dear, having been taken from him. From that moment he had been given a second chance, he had sworn an oath. Never love another soul, take only wanted he needed. He had made a vow to himself, to make this his existence. It was enough for him, merely to survive, if not to live. At least, it had been.

Then he meet Mia.

Mia, with her intoxicating scent and free spirit. It was her, the way she carried herself, the very fiber of who she was when they were around each other, that change everything he had once thought. Calling upon how she felt pressed up against him, and the feeling of her mouth on his cock immediately made him hard.

It was insane. He had only known her for less than a week! How was this possible to feel the things he felt?

Christ, he couldn't remember how many times he had asked himself that. Always coming to the same conclusion that he found himself coming to now. How, did not matter. All that mattered now, was that they felt the same for one another, and more importantly, they now had each other.

Running his hand along the other side of the mattress, his brow furrowed when he felt only the bare sheets. Lifting his head, his eyes opened, confirming what he had felt. The woman he sought to find no longer lay beside him. His eyes wanted the room, searching. With a yawn, he rubbed the back of his neck, attempting to roll on his side. "Mia?"

His eyes locked onto the bathroom door, which he just now realized was open. Trying to shake the groggy feeling left from the seemingly short nap, he assembled where she could be. It felt like more than enough time had passed for her to have retrieved her clothes from outside. Which left him with one thing left to think.

Quickly, he put on his shoes, tugging his shirt and jacket over his chest, and darted out of the room, up the stairs, and out onto the porch of the house, stopping at the line of sunlight that drew very close to the front door. The sudden change in light hurt his eyes, making everything appear blurry within the range that it touched. Midst it all, he could distinctly could see the black truck still sitting in the drive, and felt the keys in his jacket with his hand deep within the pocket. Then his head turned to see the cloths line was empty.

All at once he realized what had happened. His jaw clenched, and his grip tightened around the keys so tightly he thought surely, his hand would start to bleed.

'Mia, you idiot! You didn't...'

He shouldn't have allowed her to go outside. It was foolish to think they could get away with allowing her outside alone. Just as he began cursing her again, he caught a scent on the air. Not so far from where he stood, he could make out footprints vaguely in the ground. One pair where Mia's, the others we most certainly not his. Mia hadn't left on her own. Someone had taken her! Looking towards the truck, and taking the keys from his pocket, then clenching his jaw once more, he stepped into the sunlight.