To Hire a Cheerleader Pt. 02

Story Info
Tori discovers the world of BBWs.
7.6k words
4.71
35k
5

Part 2 of the 6 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 06/25/2004
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JewelTran
JewelTran
335 Followers

Chapter Four

Tori rushed into her apartment and slipped into the only dress that she owned. It was a nice, dark blue shapeless outfit that left anyone who saw her wondering if there was actually a body hiding under that tentlike monstrosity! Adding her old, black flats to the outfit, she shrugged her shoulders at the bland image staring back from her mirror. But she didn't have time to worry about it. She had to practically run out the door in order to meet her dad on time.

Tori's dad was just stepping out of his car when he saw Tori. She motioned for him to wait, then she crossed the street to him. He kissed her on the cheek, then opened the car door for her. She was buckling up when he climbed in the driver's side.

"So, how was the first day at your real job?" her dad asked, barely hiding his smile. Paul Weaver was a handsome man with broad shoulders and jet black hair. His blue eyes made Tori think of blueberries. She had no trouble understanding why her mother had fallen for him. Her mother had told Tori once that she had been tall and skinny in high school. She must have been overwhelmed when a hunk like Tori's dad paid her attention. Tori knew she would have been. Just being around him now made her a little uncomfortable. He was so good looking and she felt like a washed up little fat farm girl.

Tori realized that she hadn't answered her dad and that he was waiting. "I'm sorry, Daddy. It was a long day. It turned out to be really good, though. I think I helped Jake find some sort of information that he was looking for and that made me feel like I had accomplished something. The way this day started out, I needed for it to end on a positive note!"

Her dad laughed and squeezed her hand. "I knew my little girl could handle herself. I just didn't realize that I was going to be the one who sent you into the lion's den. I'm really sorry about the mix up this morning."

Tori just rolled her eyes and shook her head, "Don't worry too much about it. But I am glad that man isn't a friend of yours. I was really wondering just what kind of a father you were!"

When Tori looked back out the car window, she realized that they were parking in front of a mall, rather than at a restaurant. "Daddy? Where are we going?"

Paul seemed somewhat hesitant to answer. Finally, he blurted out, "Now, Tori, don't take this wrong. But you are in California now. I know that your clothes were sufficient in Georgia for taking care of dying relatives. But they really don't work for being a professional. I want to introduce you to a friend of mine and let her help you pick out some new outfits."

Tori could feel the blood drain out of her face. She had seen advertisements for the women that you could hire to help you make over your appearance. Each one of the pictures she had seen featured a woman who was the epitome of elegance - fashionably slim with perfectly styled hair and professionally applied make-up - the exact opposite of Tori.

But Tori couldn't hurt her dad's feelings. She had to go through with this. It was his idea and he wanted her to fit in and be comfortable in his world. Maybe she would be able to purchase one or two items and satisfy him. Then she could buy some other clothes as soon as she got her first pay check.

The sound of her father clearing his throat made Tori realize that she was still sitting in the car. Paul was standing beside her, holding her door open, waiting for her to get out of the car. She grimaced and resolved to do the best she could to muddle through the next hour of her life. Taking her father's extended hand, she pulled herself out of the vehicle and waited for him to lock the doors. Then her dad dropped his arm around her shoulders and guided her into the mall.

Tori was glad to see that her father wasn't taking her to the well known department stores that dominated each corner of the mall. Instead, he turned down a short corridor and into a small boutique. At least her humiliation wouldn't be witnessed by dozens of shoppers.

Tori heard a woman's voice say, "Paul, you made it!" Tori could feel the sudden excitement that shot through her father's body. Suddenly, Tori realized part of the reason her dad had brought her here. This woman was special to him. She schooled her features as she turned to meet the owner of the voice, not sure what to expect.

What Tori didn't expect was the woman who was walking toward them. Tori had spent her whole life believing she weighed too much to be beautiful, but the woman in front of her blew that argument clear out of the water. The lady stood only a few inches shorter than Paul and had the body of a goddess. Tori could only stare as the woman seemed to float to them in the sleeveless, low cut, form fitting dress that hid none of her curves. A scarf fluttered around her throat and bracelets cascaded down her arms. An anklet jingled somewhere near her low heeled sandals. The woman was breathtaking. And when Tori looked up at her dad, she noticed that he was having the same problem that she was. He couldn't seem to take his eyes off of the woman, either.

"Paul, I'm so glad you're here," the lady said, as she reached up to kiss Tori's father's cheek. Tori watched the blush rise in her dad's face as he continued to look adoringly at the woman in front of him. Tori couldn't believe that this was the type of woman that could turn her father's head. She watched as the two of them pulled slightly apart and stood, staring into one another's eyes.

It was like watching a romantic movie. Tori tried to stop her giggles, but didn't quiet manage. Both her father and the lady he was so taken with turned to look at Tori at the same time. Obviously embarrassed, they both tried to speak at the exact same moment, and ended up apologizing profusely to one another. From the level of sexual anxiety that was zinging back and forth between the two, Tori was afraid they would start making out right in the middle of the store if she didn't do something quick, so she said, "Are you the lady Daddy was telling me about? The one who is going to help me with my clothes?"

The woman smiled warmly at her, apparently sensing what Tori was trying to accomplish with her question. "Of course! Paul told me all about bringing you out here so suddenly, without giving you a chance to really outfit yourself for the change. I would love to give you some pointers and show you what I have here in this store. My assistant comes to work in about an hour, then I can take you to a few other really good stores and we can see what appeals to you."

If there had been any doubt in her mind about liking this woman, it was put to rest in that moment. Tori was impressed by anyone who would not only sell the clothes in her own shop, but would help someone find clothes elsewhere as well. Paul cleared his throat and said, "Tori, I'm sorry, I don't know where my manners are. This is Estella Cline. Stella, this is my daughter, Tori Banner. Tori, I met Stella last week at a banquet to help raise funds for a new project that helps women get back on their feet after a divorce. While we were talking, I told Stella about you finding me and me moving you out here. Stella offered to help you adjust to the California style scene, and I have to assure you, I trust her judgement. If there is anything special you need, just tell Stella. She can help you with all of the basics and . . . "

Tori rolled her eyes. Her father had been talking to her, but when he looked Stella in the eye, he seemed to lose his train of thought. The man had it bad. And Stella seemed equally hooked as she didn't seem to notice that Paul had stopped speaking. Tori could tell that she needed to go home early tonight and let these two have some time alone. "Dad? Dad? Are you going to stay here while we do this? If you are, I'm afraid that we aren't ever going to get finished. You keep distracting Stella and vise versa," Tori teased.

Paul blushed like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar. "No, I was just going. I will leave you two lovely ladies alone. I'll pick you up in about two hours. Stella, it was good to see you again."

Tori suddenly realized that her dad hadn't asked Stella to come to dinner with them. She had just assumed that, with all of the heat that was vibrating in the room, that Stella and her dad were an item. It occurred to her that, since they had only known one another for a week, she might be mistaken. "Dad? Isn't Stella going to supper with us?"

At the same moment, both Stella and Paul said, "No!" Tori looked back and forth between them. Tori's dad was the first to recover, "I mean, no, I hadn't thought to ask her. Would you like to come to supper with us, Stella?" he asked hopefully.

It was Stella's turn to blush. She said, "You don't have to do that."

Tori was proud of her dad when he said, "I know I don't have to, but I would really like for you to join us. Please?"

Stella seemed at a loss for words and finally nodded her head in agreement. Tori cocked her eyebrow at her dad and gave him a mental thumbs up. He rolled his eyes and headed out of the store, saying over his shoulder, "I'll see you two in a few hours."

Stella took one look at Tori and said, "We need to talk!" She motioned Tori over to a few chairs in the back of the store and they sat down.

Stella said, "Tori, I need you to tell me about yourself. I have to know a little about you before we get started. Who are you? What have you been doing for the past ten years? Who do you want to be when you grow up - that kind of thing."

Tori pondered her response. Never in her life had a stranger cared about finding out about her, but now here was Stella who seemed to be waiting expectantly, apparently interested in what she had to say. Tori managed to stammer out a short version of her life story and was surprised to find that Stella followed every word.

When Tori finished, Stella nodded her head. "I've got some things that I can teach you in the next few hours - both about fashion and about yourself. Are you ready to start the next phase of your life?"

The next few hours were something out of a storybook for Tori. Stella not only showed her clothes, but she gave her a serious lesson about body image. It was the first time in Tori's entire life that someone told her that she didn't need to be skinny to be happy. It was the first time she had ever heard that she didn't need to be thin to be beautiful. And it was the first time she had ever looked in the mirror and realized that she was attractive, just the way she was. That was a dramatic revelation for Tori.

The lessons didn't end when they finished picking out Tori's clothes, though. After Stella and Tori picked out two dresses, a couple of shirts, and a few mini skirts, Stella took her to the shoe store. A pair of low heeled dress shoes and a cute pair of sandals rounded out the outfits.

Stella used her cell phone to call Paul and tell him to give them an extra hour, then they headed to the salon. Stella had a standing appointment and the salon was willing to take Tori, as well.

Tori had always disliked her natural hair color. It was difficult to be a wall flower with stop sign red hair. She had always minimized it by pulling it away from her face and tying it up in a pony tail or a top knot. But, after an hour in the seat of a professional hair artist, Tori promised herself that she would never hide her hair again. The red tresses had been shaped to frame her face in soft curls and to hang over her shoulders, brushing down her back. The layers that were cut in gave some height to her hair and showed off the shape of her face. The make up artist had stopped by while her hair was drying and had brushed on a few strokes of eye shadow. The finished product was a woman that Tori barely recognized.

Stella then took Tori over to a coffee shop to wait for Paul. "Tori, I told you that I wanted to teach you some things today and now, I need to share the rest of your lesson with you. I know that I have overwhelmed you today. I'm willing to bet that you haven't ever done anything like this, before. It's all new and exciting. And I'm sure it doesn't feel at all real for you, yet.

"But, before we finish for the day, I've got just a little bit more to say. I want to tell you a story about myself. A few years ago, I lost quiet a bit of weight. I thought that if I lost the weight that I would be happy and my life would be exciting and full. Lots of the men who had known me for years began asking me out and telling me that I was really sexy.

"Instead of being happy, though, I kind of freaked out. I was confused by the attention that I was getting and ended up gaining my weight back. At the time, it was a conscious decision that I made in order to keep those men away from me, while I tried to get my head on straight.

"You see, being a truly attractive woman isn't about size - it is about attitude. When these men were attracted by my body, they were scaring me because my attitude hadn't changed. I didn't feel sexy. Yeah, apparently I suddenly had a body that some of them liked the shape of, but I was still the quiet woman with low self esteem who would much rather be in a corner than at the center of attention.

"Then a few years ago, all of that began changing. I was working with a man who simply stormed through my mental defenses like a bull in a china shop. He walked into my office one day and without so much as a hello, marched around my desk, stood me up and kissed me. Now, this man was a dear friend of mine. And one that I had always thought of as handsome and attractive - the kind that I figured could get any woman that he wanted. It was a shocking revelation to realize that what he wanted was me! Now, the down side to this story is that the man was married - not happily, but still married. And I'm just not an affair type of woman. By the grace of God, I was able to get away from him before we went too far with our relationship.

"But the important thing that happened was that, because of this man, I finally realized that there were men out there who truly found me attractive - that I didn't need to change my appearance - that I didn't need to become someone new in order for others to find me appealing, Tori.

"That knowledge freed me up to start believing in myself. And I realized that I did need to change, but not on the outside. I needed to change on the inside - in how I felt about myself. Working on how I view myself has changed everything about me. I will never a shrinking violet again, because now, I believe in me. I am a sexy woman because I have the attitude of a confident, self assured adult who knows her own mind.

"The point of telling you all of this is that, today, you bought some very attractive clothes. Well, your daddy bought you some very attractive clothes! But you have the body to show the world how those clothes were meant to be worn. You have a new hairstyle and you look like a million bucks. But you are still you. And that is what has to change in order to become the woman I can make you look like.

"If you don't try to start seeing yourself as the beautiful woman that you are, then none of these things will make a difference in the long run. I don't think anyone has ever told you how attractive you are. But you really are beautiful. Here in San Jose, you have a chance to start over. No one here knows anything about you. Become who you want to be. I'll do anything I can to help. And I think your dad will, too. And remember, you determine how you let the world affect you. Be a player in life and not a bench warmer."

It was at that very moment that Tori's dad stepped up to their table. He was looking at Stella as if he were about to speak to her. Before the words came out of his mouth, though, he glanced over at Tori. He smiled a polite smile, murmured "Hello", then turned his gaze back to Stella. Suddenly he stopped, and almost in slow motion, he turned back to look at Tori. His mouth fell open and he stared at her. His voice was filled with shock, "Tori?"

At the look on Paul's face, Tori and Stella burst into laughter. Paul shook his head, trying to recover. He asked, "Honey, what did she do to you?"

With a frown on her face, Tori said, "Daddy, don't you like it?"

"Like it?" Paul parroted. "I love it! But I didn't recognize you. I thought Stella had ditched you somewhere to have coffee with another gorgeous woman. My God, I almost made a pass at my daughter!"

That only caused Stella and Tori to laugh even harder. Paul shook his head as he picked up their bill and headed to the cashier. He paid for their drinks, then directed them out of the coffee shop. He guided them out the door to his car and settled them in, while they both still were giggling at his reaction.

After getting in himself, he turned to face Tori, who was in the back seat. With a serious look on his face, Paul said, "Baby, I knew that Stella would do you right. I just didn't expect such a drastic change. I didn't mean to imply that you weren't beautiful before. I was just shocked by the new you."

"It's ok, Daddy. I didn't think you were being mean. Anyway, I appreciated the compliment! Now, drop me off by my apartment," Tori said.

Paul looked confused. "By your apartment? We're going to supper."

Tori just shook her head, "No, Daddy. Tonight I'm not going out with you. Stella is. You two need to spend a little time alone."

It amused Tori to watch both Stella's and Paul's face turn red. She wondered if her dad always blushed as easily as he did around Stella. She had never noticed it before, but she had only known him for a few months. Tori made a mental note to pay attention, but she had a strong suspicion that his proximity to Stella was the major deciding factor in causing his red face.

Tori also noticed that neither her father nor Stella put up too much of an argument to change her mind about not going to supper with them. When they dropped her off in front of her apartment, it was all she could do not to laugh at the looks they were trying to hide from one another. Tori didn't want to imagine too much about how the rest of their evening was going to go. After all, Paul was her father, and all good children know that their parents have never had sex!

After hanging up her new purchases and changing into her pajamas, Tori made herself a bowl of cereal. It wasn't exactly the dinner she had expected to have, but the evening hadn't exactly turned out the way she had expected it too, either. For that matter, neither had her day. She had a new job, new clothes, new concepts to ponder and, quiet possibly, a new step mother to get to know. It had been a really wild day!

Chapter Five

The next morning, Tori dressed in one of her new outfits, brushed out her hair and slipped on her brand new shoes. Looking in the mirror, she almost wished that Jake wasn't visually impaired. She would like to have seen the look on his face when he saw all the changes in her. But that wasn't possible. She would just have to settle for shocking George and Beatrice.

Tori went down to the bus stop, a block away from her apartment. Since it was only 7:30 in the morning, and Tori had discovered that the majority of San Jose didn't roll out of bed until after 9:00, the place was deserted. She walked up to the posted schedule and started trying to decipher it. Tori had never had to ride on public transportation before, and she was having some difficulty trying to find a pattern in the schedule so she could memorize it. A deep voice from behind her said, "Do you see the schedule that you need?"

Surprised that someone would be speaking to her, Tori turned around to find a well dressed man standing behind her, looking at her expectantly. She stammered, "I think I have it figured out . . . "

The man smiled and said, "Where are you headed?"

JewelTran
JewelTran
335 Followers