To Love a Stray

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,330 Followers

"That thick piece of steak nearest me," I pitch my voice low as well but hold his gaze as he watches me. A faint smile curves his lips and reaches his eyes as he picks the piece of steak up in the tongs and places it on the plate before putting a mixed selection on his own plate. I take my plate and retreat to a single deck chair near where Pete is sitting before I sit down and tuck my legs beneath the chair. Micah moves to stand behind me on the other side and I freeze for a few moments before turning my head to glance at his feet nervously. After a moment I turn my attention back to my food cutting all of the steak into tiny pieces and close my eyes in satisfaction as the warm juices from the piece of steak ooze across my tongue.

There is silence while we eat, broken only by the soft sound of music coming from the radio inside. A large hand appears over my shoulder to take my empty plate and I am surprised by the fact Micah hasn't scared me with his silent movements.

"Will you have bourbon as well Tawny?" Pete asks on his way past me to the kitchen.

"Going on the call outs the past day I'd better not," I say regretfully. "I might need to be able to drive to another vet job."

"I'm putting a movie on. Who wants to watch it?" Steven calls from inside.

"What are you putting on?" Micah asks from the kitchen. I lean back and close my eyes enjoying the last of the cool evening breeze. I can hear the muted conversation inside but ignore it as I feel the tension slowly draining from my body. Maybe I won't loose control and change after all. The faint scrape of a chair near mine makes me open my eyes lazily and I turn my head to see Micah settling into the chair he has placed near mine. He hands me a can of coke and stretches out comfortably in his chair as he sips his beer. The silence between us is soothing on my nerves and I close my eyes before leaning my head back against the back of the chair.

"Looks like it's going to be a full moon tonight," Micah says softly.

"Full moon was last night but it'll be bright tonight since there isn't much cloud around," I correct him without opening my eyes. My phone vibrates silently in my pocket, I get it out and check the text message I have received.

On a call out to foaling difficulties, phone diverted to your mobile.

I take a deep breath surprisingly disappointed that I will have to answer any calls.

"Problem?" Micah asks.

"Just got put on emergency calls by the vet," I answer quietly.

"Pete told us there's been some trouble," Micah said. I recognise his gentle probe for information and realise this is why Pete invited me over. Not because Micah was interested in me but because I had first hand information on the 'maulings'.

"Yeah. Shit happens and rich arseholes that get exotic pets and don't house them securely cause it," I say bitterly.

"Exotic pets?" Micah questions gently.

"Yeah exotic pets as in possibly a couple of African lions or some huge tigers," I answer tightly.

"Shit!" If my hearing weren't so acute I would have believed the stunned disbelief in his voice but I also catch the forced note to his remark.

"Can we change the subject? I've had enough of looking at the results to last me a life time." I say.

"That bad?" This time his gentle tone is believable to my ears and I nod. I open my can of drink and take several swallows and try to ignore the fact that the can smells like Micah. I glance down at the can and push the pull-tab down flat before glancing at Micah where he is sitting near me silently. I can see his face clearly in the moonlight and he is watching me.

"How long have you lived around here?" He asks with interest.

"For as long as I can remember," I answer softly. I am enjoying the quietness of the night and hate disrupting it. We sit there in silence for a good ten minutes and I shift in my chair stretching my legs out in front of me comfortably. I feel something nudge my left shoe and glance down to see I have placed my feet beside Micah's feet. He moves his right shoe touching mine lightly as if he has just discovered this too. I glance at his face startled and he meets my eyes as I feel his shoe settle against mine. He raises his beer and takes several mouthfuls before meeting my eyes once again. I feel myself shudder as I look away and take a deep breath.

"I don't mind if you don't," I control the urge to pull my feet away from his and give a jerky nod.

"Pete explained you don't like people in your personal space," Micah says lightly. I give a nod but leave my feet where they are; the longer I do this the easier it is. My heartbeat is loud in my ears and I close my eyes as I concentrate on keeping my breathing steady.

"So you're a qualified vet?" Micah asks.

"No," My reply comes quickly and I swallow uneasily, "I'm a vet nurse. Doc Caruthers type of took me in when I was younger. I learnt a lot watching him work." Yeah a heck of a lot I muse. Like certain substances cut through the natural scent of an animal and others help mask scents. Some, like chlorophyll, hide smells nearly completely.

"So you help him out," Micah guesses.

"He pays me a decent wage and I'm putting myself through college part time," I say smoothly.

"So there is a method to your madness?" Micah jokes lightly, "You must get paid well for helping with his work." I turn my head and listen as Steven and Pete yell loudly with excitement in the house and Micah laughs pulling my gaze to him abruptly. He glances my way as if he feels my eyes on him and the corners of his mouth lift in a smile.

"I guess the movie is getting to the good parts," He explains and glances towards the door as if in explanation.

"Must be," I agree and look away from him.

"You want another drink?" Micah asks as he gets to his feet.

I realise my can is empty but I shake my head, "I'm all right thanks."

"I'll be back in a few moments," he tells me before heading inside. I get to my feet and move to where I can look out at the land between Pete's house and mine. I'm still standing there when Micah returns and I hear him move to stand beside me.

"Your house is out that way isn't it?"

"I'm sure you know that," I tell him bluntly.

"Yeah I do," He admits as he shifts his weight from one foot to the other. His upper arm brushes my shoulder and I gasp in surprise as I jerk away instinctively. I raise a shaking hand to my face and brush my hair back from my cheeks nervously. I take several deep breaths and close my eyes for a few moments before moving to sit on the bench seat near by.

"Mind if I sit there too?" Micah asks.

"Just give me a bit of room," I tell him nervously. When he has settled himself comfortably not far from me I glance towards him cautiously, "What type of work you in?"

I hear him grit his teeth for a few moments, "Security," he finally offers.

Shit! A warrior!

I am suddenly aware that he and Steve are what are called 'warriors' in the werecat community and this means they are like police or military police. They chase strays out of clan territory and handle problems like the livestock maulings, anything that may bring their existence to human attention.

I listen as he sips his beer and turn my head enough to glance at him from the corner of my eye. He seems totally relaxed even though I can smell the tension coming from him. It seems my question wasn't appreciated. We sit in silence while he finishes his drink and I take a deep breath to breath in his scent concentrating on remembering it.

"I'm heading home. I want to get some sleep," I tell him as I sit up straight and arch my back prior to standing. Micah stands up smoothly and turns to hold one hand out towards me. I eye it nervously for a few seconds before reaching out with a trembling hand. His grip is gentle but firm and I allow him to keep hold of my hand once I am standing.

"I'll walk you to your car," I hesitate a moment when Micah takes a step towards the door, he stops and looks back at me.

"You'll tell Pete I said see him later?" I ask uncertainly.

"If that's what you want," Micah assures me as his thumb rubs the back of my hand while there is a subtle new tone to his voice. I swallow suddenly sure of what I want to happen between us. I take one hesitant step towards the path that leads around the outside of the house and pull my hand free. I keep sneaking glances at Micah as he follows me. When I reach my pick-up I turn and face him. I look away suddenly scared as he stops in front of me. I know he can smell my fear and I take a shaky breath as I try to calm down.

"What do you want?" Micah asks as he places a large hand each side of my shoulders and leans against my car effectively caging me without touching me.

"Jus ...just a kiss," my answer is whisper quiet but Micah evidently hears me and leans in close. Only his lips touch me as they brush against mine softly. I close my eyes and exhale shakily as I allow my mouth to open slightly. My breath catches in my throat and my heart begins racing wildly as his tongue slips between my lips. He lifts his head for a moment breaking contact between our lips and I give a soft sigh of disappointment. His hands cup my face and then he is kissing me, his lips hard as his tongue plunges into my mouth. I break free with a jerk my chest heaving as I gulp deep breaths of cool night air. I push against his chest and he stumbles back a step as shocked as I am by our kiss.

I am terrified by how badly my cat wants this tom and I rush to get in my vehicle slamming the door and smashing the door lock on. I know this won't stop him if he decides to come after me but I need the barrier as I scramble to get my keys and put them in the ignition. I see Micah standing where I left him as I speed off. I rush to put the headlights on and steer shakily for home. White-hot heat shoots up my backbone and I grit my teeth as I fight to stay in human form. I am forced to pull the vehicle to the side of the road near my driveway entrance as my body shudders and shakes uncontrollably.

"Not yet!" I sob to myself as I squeeze my eyes closed tightly and try to remain human. Left with no option I pull back onto the road while I am temporarily in control and drive past my turn. I am heading for the nearest forest reserve that is in the opposite direction to where the roving stray werecats have been attacking. I feel like I am being burnt alive during the seemingly endless drive and when I reach my destination I open my door and fall from my vehicle onto my hands and knees. I struggle to pull my clothes off as I grit my teeth against the searing agony raging through my body. I barely get my jeans and shirt off before my body shape-shifts ruining my underwear and shoes. I snarl and race for the shadows beneath the trees.

I feel the smooth play of muscles in my shoulders as I race through the trees. I hear the sounds of nature around me and slow to listen more closely to the rustle and scurry of night creatures. I slow to a walk and head for the stream I know is at the bottom of the small hill. The water is cold and clear as I lap to drink my fill. A memory niggles at the back of my mind and I lift my head while water dribbles down my chin to drip back onto the surface of the stream. With my thirst satisfied I look around for food to replace the energy I used changing forms.

Memories of the mauled cows, not being able to feed from my own kill rush into my mind. There are other cats in my territory! Interlopers who are threatening to expose my existence. I roar my fury and turn my head towards the west and the country there. I set off at a trot the only thought was to see these intruders and chase them off.

I move swiftly across country, my body is hard and toned from the life I lead on both two feet and four. As a human I keep busy in an attempt to keep from dwelling on this cruel twist fate has dealt me. While in cat form I am generally on the run from male clan cats and strays alike. As I travel I pause every now and then to listen for any sounds bore on the night air. As I listen I lift my head and sniff the air currents searching for any clues to what lies ahead of me. I move in wide arcs as I trot at a good pace, my passing is silent from long habit and I avoid moving out of the shadows into clear spaces.

My ears pick up what is ahead before my nose and I smother a growl deep in my throat as I identify the sounds of a fight. Angry with the trespassers on my territory I race forward looking for the source of the noise. I reach the top of a small rise and look down into the field below. An angry snarl rises in my throat as I see the cause of the noise I followed here. There is a group of werecats fighting in the clearing. I count seven as my keen eyesight follows the fight.

One werecat breaks from the group and runs for the trees on the far side of the field but a large black form races after him pulling him down before he reaches the shelter of the trees. There is a brief struggle before the larger werecat stands over his defeated foe and roars in victory. This display of savagery makes me tremble and crouch close to the ground melting totally into the shadows as I narrow my eyes to lessen the chance of moonlight reflecting in them. I slink closer to the edge of the trees on my belly and settle down motionless as I watch the fight continue. One more werecat is killed then the remaining cats move around each other rubbing against their companions; several are licking themselves as if they are wounded.

Commonsense keeps me hidden as the group of werecats move to a small dam and drink from the water there. I tremble as I watch the cats playing in the water. I stay hidden even though I long to join in the fun they appear to be having.

When they move off over an hour later I shadow them as they move towards a larger field on the far side of the dam. I watch in horror as they begin stalking three large Brahman bulls standing dozing at the far end of the field. The largest bull, a big red behemoth known as Red Devil by his owners, swings around to face the advancing werecats. He lowers his head and moves it from side to side menacingly.

The werecats rush forward as one, descending on Red Devil. I watch as he staggers then bellows his rage as many claws slash at his hide. He has his head lowered and I hear a werecat scream as the bull plunges forward and grinds his head against the ground. The scream is cut short and I watch as the bull goes down beneath the combined weight of the werecats. Unwilling to stay any longer and watch the carnage I turn to slink back the way I came.

As I turn a slight movement catches my eye and I crouch once again as I search for what moved. After a few moments I make out three black forms crouched watching from the far tree line. I creep along the ground on my stomach and once out of sight of both groups of werecats I break into a lope as I head for my vehicle. I miss my stride and tumble into an undignified heap as a loud roar comes from behind me. I get to my feet hurriedly and shake the leaves and twigs from my pelt before heading off as fast as I can go.

I wake the next morning feeling irritable as soon as I open my eyes then frown at the corner where two walls meet the ceiling as I stretch while still lying down. I take a deep breath and groan as my sensitive nose picks up my own personal scent.

"Great! I should have known!" I head for the shower and work my magic with my daily routine. Only today a faint undertone similar to the spice cinnamon lingers. I head downstairs and slip some frozen prepared cinnamon rolls into the oven. While I wait for them to cook I take a double dose of my special drink.

"Why now?" I complain to myself as I sniff once again to check my scent. Yes, it's definitely there. I am coming into oestrous. In simple terms I am coming into heat and my smell will attract every mature tom within a ten-mile radius. This I do not want to do. A quick phone call to my uncle with some vague excuse of a college lecture I must catch frees me from work for a week. As I eat my make shift breakfast I am thinking of where to go. The only other time I came into heat I camped out in a national park for the week.

The phone call to Pete letting him know I am going away and asking him to watch my place for me is much harder and I grimace as I hear Micah asking questions softly in the background, questions that Pete asks me. It seems Micah had been hoping to see me again today. I pack several changes of clothes, enough dried food for a week as well as my tent and several heavy blankets. I can't rely on changing into cat form to hunt or keep warm so I pack as if I am a human. Chances are I'll shape-shift but I don't rely on that.

The drive to the national park I plan to camp in seems to take forever as I become slightly feverish and find it difficult sitting in the car to drive. The place I pick is well back beyond where people prefer to camp and there is no signs of humans around as I get out of my vehicle. By the time I have set my camp up it is mid afternoon and I dismiss the idea of lunch. I am in no mood to eat and instead I gear up for a hike in the forest. I follow an animal track to a small pond several miles from my campsite and I settle myself on a small rocky shelf where I sit gazing out over the water.

It is getting late when I pick up my backpack and head back towards my camp. I take time on my way to stop and pick juicy blackberries that grow wild in the woods. The surrounding area is lush with new growth and I glimpse several feral goats as I pause looking westward. At my campsite I quickly make a meal for myself knowing I'll need the energy to keep warm tonight. I clean up and hang my food high in a tree out of reach of any four footed predators before rolling my sleeping bag out for the night.

"Miss Pretty Kitty Cat has decided to go for a walk on the wild side has she?" The masculine voice startles me and I spin around to face the intruder to my campsite. He steps out of the shadows into the moonlight that filters through the trees and I can smell him from where I stand in front of my tent. He is taller than me by several inches and outweighs me by a good forty pounds. The strong stench of male werecat comes from him and I wrinkle my nose in nervous distaste.

"Go and leave me alone Jasper!" I hiss angrily.

He lifts his chin slightly and makes a big deal out of sniffing the air. "I don't think so. You smell real good ..." His voice breaks off as he makes a grab for me but I am off and running even as his fingers brush my upper arm. I under estimate how fast he is and I hit the ground heavily as he tackles me from behind. The breath whooshes from my lungs and I gasp as I begin to struggle.

"Finders keepers," he says in a singsong voice and pins me to the ground beneath him.

"I'm not ready yet!" I protest as he tries to reach beneath my stomach to unfasten my jeans.

"That just means I'll have fun for longer," he chuckles as he manages to locate the brass button above my zipper.

"Just wait until the morning!" I beg as he fumbles with the zipper.

"No, I'm having you now and if you fight me then it'll be just that bit more painful for you. I want to hear you scream when I lockup in you," he mutters against my ear, his breath hot and heavy already. I stop struggling knowing he is right and it will be easier on me if I allow him to mate with me without fighting him.

I feel the zipper go down and then he is struggling to push my jeans down without letting go of me. He quickly grows impatient and reaches for the knife he always carries. He flips me over onto my back and slips the blade under the fabric at the bottom of the zipper and I hear the material tear as he jerks the blade. Another quick motion and he flips me back onto my stomach.

I grunt as he jerks me onto my knees roughly and forces my face against the ground. I feel something hard probe the opening of my passage and then he surges forward with a rough thrust. I give a soft cry as he slams into me as deep as he can go before he almost withdraws completely only to plunge into me with a hard thrust once more. He grasps my hips firmly and pulls me back against him hard. I feel him throbbing and swelling within me and whimper in pain. He almost pulls out of my body before lunging forward again and I squeal with pain as the growing swelling at the base of his penis is forced past the opening of my passage. He attempts to withdraw once again but the swelling is now too large to be pulled past my opening and I cry out in pain as his jerk drags me backwards. Jasper laughs and moves as much as he can as he attempts to thrust into me and withdraw repeatedly. I sob with pain as his swollen penis stretches my passage. I bear down struggling to expel his intrusion, I feel him throb and waves of pain flood my loins.

Mygypsy
Mygypsy
1,330 Followers