To Love a Were Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers

"Okay sweetie. Can you go wait in the car?" he replied. When he saw that she was buckled safely inside, he turned slightly towards Pearl.

"I really appreciate you taking the time to babysit her. Did she give you any trouble?" he asked, concerned.

"No, Alpha. Not the slightest bit." At Eian's sharp gaze, she immediately swallowed hard. "Umm, I don't know if it's supposed to be like this but she had not asked for anything to eat the whole day."

"I'll take care of it. Don't worry. You've done a good job, Pearl. Thank you," he said with a smile in his eyes. "Let Dominic know that he has done a good job too okay?" Eian's eyes momentarily darted towards the stairs. Pearl nodded and waved them both off.

When he got into the car, Fiona was dozing off slightly.

"Are you hungry?" he asked. Her eyes opened slightly then widened with fear.

"I didn't ask for anything! I promise! I kept my fangs in all the time and never asked Pearl for anything, not even a drink," she said with a desperation in her voice to make him understand.

"I know you didn't. I was merely asking if you're hungry, Fiona."

"Yes," she said meekly before curling into a ball.

"I'm not angry at you," he said simply and parked the car in their driveway. Nevertheless, he picked her up seeing that she was dozing and carried her to the door but was surprised to find that he had a visitor waiting for him outside.

"Amber," he said gently. "What may I do for you at this late hour?"

"You know what I want, Eian..." she said breathlessly. Eian pressed Fiona closer to him in an attempt to stop her from inhaling Amber's heat scent. Fiona lightly stirred from her daze and gave a soft yawn.

"Pretty doctor..." she said groggily before closing her eyes again.

"I need to put her to sleep," he said with a finality in his voice. Amber stepped back, clearly hurt but she did not leave. Ignoring her, Eian got into his house and climbed upstairs as quickly as he could. He refused to stand at the porch any longer with her offensive scent reaching the child.

After he laid Fiona down and tucked her in, he went back down. It wasn't that sexuality was a problem in the pack. In fact, nakedness and sex was something accepted in public and encouraged for un-mated Weres. But Fiona was still a child and she was not used to pack life yet. He didn't want her to think he was abandoning her if he went off having sex with other women.

"How is she?" asked Amber when he came out awhile later.

"She's better now although she still gets frightened easily, still screaming in her sleep." Eian watched Amber closely as she moved towards him. "I know what you want Amber, but I cannot give it to you."

"Why?" she asked, exasperated. "I've been in heat for a few days now but I've rejected all the other men that come to me... why? Why is it I want only you?"

"It's only natural Amber that a wolf in heat wants the best. I'm not saying I am the best choice for you... but perhaps your mating call has not reached the intended mate yet and that is why your psyche tells you to pick the second best choice you could find."

Amber was stunned by her Alpha's revelation and it made her embarrassed as hell too.

"I apologize, Alpha..." she said after awhile, although tears threatened to fall from her eyes.

"Listen to me Amber... your mate will come for you when he is ready. In the meantime, you should enjoy your freedom." Eian's smile was gentle as he lighly pat her shoulder. She didn't say anything to him but simply gave a short bow and left his house.

***

Early the next morning, Eian had gotten dressed and was heading to Fiona's room when he scented that she wasn't there. A slight panic came over him. There were still traces of her scent lingering around the house so he sniffed her out as quickly as possible and tracked her down. She had apparently left the house!

He didn't bother to take off his clothes but shifted as he ran to follow the scent. He moved so fast that to a human eye, he was no more than a grey blur.

He must have covered at least a mile or so but she was no where in sight. Panic came over him. He still hadn't taught her how to control herself in front of the other Weres. What if she had attacked them? He didn't know what else to do for he had somehow lost her scent, so he gave a pained howl.

Slowly one by one, some of his wolves appeared around him.

Help me find the girl!

At his command, they dispersed, running off to different directions. Still feeling hopeful, he continued searching for her. She was still so small and fragile; hardly more than 4ft and by the ease in which he carried her around she was probably not more than 85pounds. She was just a little girl... he couldn't let her be attacked again...

Alpha! I've found her!

Eian immediately looked up, alerted by the direction in which the mental link was coming from. He raced towards the source, his heart beat accelerating. He could vaguely hear the sound of the stream. It was no wonder he lost her scent! She must be in the water! Sure enough when he reached the wolf, Fiona was really there. The wolf had backed away from her, clearly fearful. She was submerged in the water, just so that only the top of her head was visible; her silvery white hair floating in the water. However, that was not what scared the wolf that found her. It was the sight of an unconscious man at the bank that frightened him.

Stay back!

Not wanting to take his chances, Eian remained in his wolf form as he approached her, even though he knew that he couldn't talk to her this way. He approached the man first to check if he was still breathing; relieved that he was, he slowly approached the water, giving a sniff to check if she was still alive. With his snout, he gently nudged the top of her head, capturing a lock of her hair and pulling her out of the water.

She was still clothed but soaked to the skin. Her clothes had stains of blood on them; a whiff told him they belonged to the man. Eian's worry grew as the minutes passed and her heart beat did not improve. It reminded him so much of the time he found her, almost left for dead on his lands. Pushing his thoughts aside, Eian licked her face, trying to circulate the blood flow, hoping to revive her again but to no avail.

Get back to the compound and get Amber to my place as fast as you can. Go now! The wolf whimpered slightly before bounding off towards the compound. Eian then summoned another wolf to help him carry the unconscious man back as well before he turned his attention to Fiona. He didn't dare to trust any other with this girl, in case she woke up and attacked again.

Eian slowly grabbed the collar of her dress in between his jaw and raced back home.

An hour later, Fiona was lying on her bed, dressed in fresh clothes with Pearl and Dominic sitting beside her. Eian was in the kitchen with Amber.

"Pneumonia you say?"

"Yes Alpha... it seems she tried to drown herself and her lungs were filled with too much water."

"But you're prescribing only rest?" Eian's flat tone took Amber by surprise such that she inched a bit back.

"No, Alpha... I'm not doing this on purpose! Please believe me!"

"Amber... if she dies... you will be banished from this pack forever, do you understand me?" he said in a cold low voice.

"I understand Alpha!" the lump in her throat went down cautiously.

"What of the man?" he asked.

"The human is still unconscious but he'll pull through. I've put him up at your guest room with the two Weres that accompanied you as their guards. His body is more in a state of shock than actual trauma."

"Is he... changed?"

"Changed? Oh! No Alpha. His scent is clearly human. I... I don't think that he has changed because he still bears the puncture marks," she said with a gasp and shuddered.

"Does it scare you, Amber?" The coldness in his voice was unmistakable.

"Al... Alpha! Yes... it does," she said close to tears. "I... I cannot understand why you still brought that girl home after all this." Her last words had a slight note of sadness to it but she did not say more but turned to tend to her patients.

Eian didn't follow her. His temper was just boiling beneath his skin. How could he have been so careless? He had planned to take the girl hunting that morning so that she could feed but she had beaten him to it. It was the thought of his stupid rules that angered him. She was hungry and weak but feared to anger him too much that she didn't dare to say so. Eian slammed the mug he was holding on the table, breaking it into a few pieces.

When he finally came up to Fiona's room, he saw that Amber was gone.

"Eian... Please don't be angry at her," said Pearl in a gentle voice. "She was caught by surprise and didn't come with any medical supplies but she's gone back to the medical centre to get some. She says not to worry too much; Vampires have unnatural healing abilities- the burst air sacs in her lungs have already healed."

"She's a bitch in heat and sees this child as a threat. I will try not to take offense with that for the time being," he replied. Turning slightly to Dominic, he frowned. "And you, Mr. Casanova... why have you not answered her mating call? I thought you were famous for that."

His question clearly took Dominic by surprise for her gave a jolt and stared at his Alpha sheepishly.

"Eh? I didn't notice it..."

Eian looked at his Beta with a vague interest before taking a seat beside Fiona's bed.

"Leave us," he said quietly.

"Would that be safe, Eian?" Pearl asked as she placed a gentle hand on his shoulder. Eian looked into her kind eyes and smiled.

"It will be. I have imposed on you too much Pearl... have enough rest today," he said. Pearl could understand a dismissal when she heard one. Taking Dominic's hand, she pulled him out of the room and closed the door.

Sighing to himself, Eian looked at Fiona and clasped her tiny hands in his.

"This is all my fault little one... Please wake up..." Fiona remained motionless. Eian let go of her hands and pulled up the blanket to under her chin. She needed rest. He pressed a kiss to her forehead and left the room to check on the man in the other room.

"Thank you Eric, Stephan for staying watch. It's been a long day... go home and have a rest." The two men looked at their Alpha curiously but followed his orders nonetheless. Eian had stepped into the room and found that the man had already regained consciousness. His eyes immediately darted towards Eian; fear evident in them.

"I'm not here to hurt you," said Eian soothingly. He laid a gentle hand on the man's head and he became calm. Eian smiled. It was one of the gifts that he had; the ability to calm others and manipulate their emotions.

"Tell me what happened to you. Can you do that for me?"

The man's eyes filled with fear again but he did not attempt to run away or hide. Instead he closed his eyes and talked.

"I went into the forest... to look for the wanted man... the... the... killer of the family at the edge of the forest. The police are putting up a reward for his capture. I needed the money so I went into the forest early in the morning. I heard... there are wolves but... but... the creature! It was disgusting and fearsome!"

"What happened then?"

"It... it attacked me! Tried to rip my neck off in half! I screamed and struggle and kicked it away but it came back. It was a ghost I tell you! No wolf looks like a human."

Eian didn't bother to correct the man but just nodded in agreement.

"It... it was the ghost of the dead girl! I swear! She had ghost white hair and blood on her face! Oh!!!!" he shrieked.

"What did she do to you?"

The man's eyes immediately opened and he let out a silent scream before clapping his palm at the side of his neck.

Eian sighed. That little girl was really in big trouble now. It was up to him to clean up the mess. He placed his hand on the man's head once more but this time it was not to calm him down.

"You must have really seen a ghost... a little girl cannot possibly attack you. You have to believe that it was a ghost and never come back to this forest again. This is private property do you understand? This is my land. If I catch you on it again, I will send you to the police."

His hypnotism seemed to work for the man began nodding slowly then stammered, "Puh Puh Please sir! I am sorry! Please don't tell the police that I trespassed today! Please sir! My wife is expecting and we have no place to live... I will do anything sir! Please..." he begged. Eian felt disgusted by the human but his hand reached into his pocket nonetheless.

He opened his cheque book and signed out a bill for five thousand dollars and gave it to the man. The man's eyes widened and he shook with gratitude as he accepted it.

"Take care of your wife... She doesn't need a husband risking his life for money do you understand me?" Eian said calmly. As an afterthought, he took out a card from his wallet and passed it to him as well. "If you are willing to work hard for a decent salary, give this number a call."

With that, he left the room.

***

"Alaron... where have you been?"

The man known as Alaron looked up to see the face of his brother looking down at him with worry. When his brother tried to help him up, Alaron pushed his hand and spat on the ground.

"I don't need you help Draven! Get away from me!" he roared.

"Alaron..." whispered his brother. "Don't do this to yourself..."

"Get away from me you traitor! Where were you when she was mercilessly raped and killed? Didn't you promise to help me take care of her?!" he shouted spitefully as tears began to sting his eyes.

Draven didn't reply but knelt down to gather his brother in his arms. There will be another time for explainations... for now, his brother needed to stop hurting. Alaron was sobbing hard against his brother's robes. Draven knew that what he was about to do was for the best...

He placed his palm on his brother's forehead and for a moment, Alaron realized what he was about to do for his eyes widened before they slackened and fell close.

"Sleep now... Those painful memories won't hurt you anymore, my brother..."

***

It was almost ten o'clock when Dominic reached the office. The little saga in the morning had taken him away from his paperwork and Dominic was a workaholic in that sense. He hated having backlog and would often stay overtime till he finished everything. It helped of course that he was a Werewolf and they were generally stronger and able to withstand such treatment of lack of sleep or food.

Dominic made his way carefully to his office. Although he had enhanced vision at night, it didn't mean that he could afford to be careless and knock into things. Furthermore, he liked the solitude that the darkness seemed to afford him. As his office was right at the end of the level, he had to walk past the other directors' offices and it was then that he sensed that he was not alone in the building.

"Who the hell stays at work till 10pm?" he grumbled to himself. He saw the light coming from under one of the doors and frowned. He didn't bother to knock but simply open the rosewood door to come face to face with Sydney.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" they shouted at each other at the same time. She seemed to be slapping him with something but Dominic had forgotten everything, including the reason why he had barged in. Sydney was wearing a cute stripped t-shirt with a pair of shorts that revealed more legs than he wanted to imagine. Her green eyes were staring at him curiously but he didn't seem to be paying attention.

He only snapped out of his daze when she slapped his head with a file.

"Hey! Don't look at me like that!"

"Why are you not wearing office clothes?" Dominic demanded but he heard the slight tremor in his voice.

"It is after office hours around here right? After my secretary left, I decided to relax too and get my paperwork down. You seemed to have left quite a pile for me to tidy up," she said accusingly.

"What! I came back to take the bloody paper work to do it myself! That's mine!" he exclaimed.

"I don't think so. It's on my desk so it's my work. I've looked through it Dominic and it clearly is marketing stuff," she said haughtily but Dominic could hear the hint of pride in her voice. She was really good at her work and she didn't like to share.

"I see... well, in that case then I'll just head home since you're Miss. Efficiency," he retorted and left the room.

However, Dominic didn't exit the building but continued to his own office. Since she's clearing his backlog, then he'd do a bit of research for Eian. If Fiona was to be homeschooled, Eian needed the right resources and other legal documentations. It was a first for them really as the other children in the pack went to normal schools but after this morning's incident, Dominic was sure that Eian would not even consider that option.

His thoughts were interrupted slightly when his desk phone rang. Annoyed, he picked it up, knowing full well who had called.

"Do you want coffee?" she asked flatly. Dominic's eyes narrowed. What is she up to?

"Why?"

"Because I'm going down to the 24hrs Starbucks to get coffee. That's just my way of saying that you're going to be alone in the office... don't be too scared of the dark." Dominic could swear he could sense her rolling her eyes at him. He was about to rebut her when a thought came over him. No way was he allowing her to walk down the streets in that skimpy little pair of shorts. Does she know how many lechers there are out there?

"Sydney... I don't think it's a good idea for you to go out at such a late hour like this. I'm noticed that your office has no coffee machine yet but mine has. Is it okay if we just get our coffee from here? I think the pantry's locked as well so no use arguing."

Sydney was taken aback slightly by his change of tone. He sounded... concerned.

"Okay," she said simply and put down the phone. Dominic was a confusing man. He was either blowing hot then cold or just plain passive-aggressive towards her.

When Dominic had placed the receiver down, he felt his heart beating faster. He shouldn't have bothered with her; he couldn't trust himself around her. His head turned sharply to the door. He could smell her; the scent of strawberries coming closer and closer till he heard the click of the door opening.

"Hey," she said. Dominic didn't dare to look at her but gave a curt nod in the direction of the coffee maker.

"Help yourself," he said.

"Umm... Dominic?"

"What?"

"About the other day... I apologize..." she began slowly. "I don't usually behave like that... it was unprofessional of me."

"Huh? Oh... yeah, I guess I should apologize too. It was... a heat of the moment thing. I'm sorry, Sydney." Dominic couldn't believe he was actually saying sorry. He never apologized to women except maybe his late mother and sister. Who was this woman? Why was she making him do things against his usual principles? Dominic felt resentment brewing inside him such that when she placed a cup of coffee on his desk, he grabbed her wrist and pulled her on top of his lap.

"Oww... What are you doing?!" she shrieked. The coffee she had placed on his desk had spilled and was staining the papers around it but he simply ignored everything but the woman sitting on his lap. "Please, Dominic..." she whimpered. Dominic narrowed his eyes and looked intensely at her.

"Please what?" he growled. "Please maybe do this?" he said before he pressed his lips roughly on hers, demanding that she returned his kiss. She was beating against his chest, struggling against him but it only served to ignite the fire within his wolf.

Pulling away from her for a second, Dominic kept his gaze locked on hers, "Or maybe this?" his hand was tugging at her t-shirt; he could feel his nails elongating, piercing through the flimsy material and finally ripping it away.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,147 Followers