To Love a Were Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I only take away memories of those who have died, to make the loss bearable, but the person in your memories is still alive... and these memories belong to him as well so you have no right to have them removed. Do you understand that, my sweet?" he asked.

"What if he doesn't want those memories too? What if he wants them gone?" she pleaded.

"Fiona... my sweet child, don't be too influenced by Alaron... he can be quite radical at times and definitely temperamental. You on the other hand, have always been sweet and gentle. If you can manage to control even that impossible Alaron, I'm sure you could thaw the Duke's heart. You have done it before," he said as he caressed her cheek.

Fiona knew that her request had been denied, no matter how kindly Draven had put it. She gave him a hug before running out of his room. Draven leaned back against his armchair and sighed. With a flick of his fingers, the doors to his chambers closed by themselves.

***

The moment he was discharged, Eian knew he had no intention of going home. He didn't mean to drive up north but somehow he found himself driving in that direction; driving towards her. He wanted to thank her for saving his life, that's all- nothing more, nothing less.

A few hours later, he was sitting in Aramis's drawing room once again, waiting for the Vampire to greet him. As he sat admiring the room, he noticed that Aramis had had a portrait taken of his new family; Fiona's hair clearly stood out amidst the long black hair so famous of the Culzean. Even her fair features seemed to make her glow slightly apart from the others.

"Ah, I see you've seen our portrait," said Aramis when he came in and saw Eian standing there admiring it.

"Yes, a very fine work of art indeed," he replied before turning around. "Do you know why I'm here, old friend?"

"I'd like to say I know why, but one must never be too presumptuous."

Eian gave a laugh and said, "That is a very good answer, Aramis..." Eian paused to smile before giving a gentle bow, "I would like to see my ward please."

"Oh, Keiran..." sighed Aramis happily.

"I'm not saying I accept your proposal Aramis..." Eian said, cutting him midsentence. "I just want to see her." Aramis gave Eian a curious look but told one of the servants to call for Fiona.

"Have you considered the fact that she might not want to see you, Keiran?" said Aramis after awhile.

"Truthfully, no... but if that is the case, then I will take my leave," he replied with a calm smile. Aramis gave a huff before shaking his head.

"She's not a little child anymore who fears you. She's now a free-spirited young woman who will talk back if she is frustrated. She takes after Alaron in some ways, I regret. He seemed to have passed on his temperamental behavior to her."

Eian was about to reply him when the servant came back relaying news that Fiona had refused to come down to meet her guest. Aramis tried his best not to give Eian the 'I told you so' look.

"Ah, it seems that you are right after all, Aramis..." said Eian with a laugh. "Such a willful child," he added as he began to walk out of the drawing room. Aramis didn't try and stop his friend. Somehow deep inside him, he was convinced that a man did not just drive for six hours only to leave within half an hour.

He was right.

Eian did not go down the stairs to the main entrance but instead walked down the corridor towards the East Wing. He didn't need to know where she was for he could scent her so strongly the moment he had stepped into the castle walls. He strode quietly and calmly down towards her room, admiring the paintings that he passed by. He wasn't going to give her the pleasure of knowing that his heart was desperate to see her.

Finally, he reached outside her door but didn't make any move to knock on it. Instead he simply stood outside and gave a small laugh. What the hell was happening to him? Driving through sleet and snow just to meet a girl- no, woman who was being frustratingly stubborn towards him. Even then, he would not let her know that.

"Fiona," he said her name gently. "I am leaving now," he said and started to walk away. A second later, he heard her door open and felt something soft hitting the back of his head. Raising an eyebrow, he turned to see a pillow lying on the floor. "Fine! Leave! I don't want to ever see you again! Ever!" she screamed and slammed her door. Eian stood at his place for some time, trying to absorb what just happened. Was that really the little girl he had brought here a month ago? Such a temper!

Picking up the pillow, he raised his voice just a little louder to make sure that she could hear, "Pack your things, Fiona and tell your grandfather to send you to my house when you're not so angry at me anymore." Then he turned and strode to his car, carrying the pillow with him.

***

Sydney was staring at the ceiling of her room feeling as though she had just woken up from a really bad dream. She remembered being in the hospital with Dominic, meeting his sister and brother-in-law and then having sex with him... before... before he turned into that thing. But now that woke up to find herself in her own room, she began to doubt if that really happened.

However, she was beginning to feel soreness in her pussy that she had recently learnt to associate with the aftermath of having rough, hot sex with Dominic. Therefore, whatever happened last night had to be real. A quick check at her bedside clock told her that it was nearly three in the afternoon. She couldn't even remember getting home, much less getting to bed but she was thankful that at least it was a weekend, so she wouldn't feel guilty about not going to work.

As she sat up on her bed, she opened her laptop and began to do as many searches as she could about Werewolves. Did they even exist in the first place?

After an hour of surfing, Sydney was beginning to have a headache. The internet provided so much information about Werewolves yet she couldn't really tell which was true and which was not. A thought just occurred to her- if Dominic was a Werewolf, does that mean that his whole family were Werewolves too? She shuddered at the thought.

Suddenly, her phone gave a ring and Sydney gave a shout of surprise. The number on her phone was of an unknown source, but her gut feeling told her to pick it up.

"Hello," she said.

"Miss Sandilands? This is Eian MacFarlane here. I hope you still remember me," said the voice on the other line.

"Oh, Sir... yes, how can I help you?"

"I think we need to talk. I will send a car to your place in an hour's time. Big Mike will be there to pick you up. I'll see you soon," he said before putting down the phone. Sydney stared at her phone as the line got disconnected. What's with the mysterious phone call? He didn't even ask if it was okay for her to be picked up! And how did he even know she was at home?

As her mind raced over the contents of the phone call, Sydney hurried around her house getting ready to go out. She was looking like a mess with her hair all over the place and her body reeking slightly of the medical centre. It took her nearly 45minutes to get dressed. She wasn't sure what was the right attire to wear when meeting your boss on a weekend but she opted for a blouse and Capri pants.

Big Mike picked her up as planned and together they set off for the MacFarlane compound. Sydney didn't ask Big Mike anything and he didn't attempt to make small talk either, so they sat in silence throughout the journey. The silence only made her more queasy and nervous

Finally they stopped outside a large two storey house. Sydney saw that there were few other houses aligned down the street but this house stood apart, on its own.

"This way please," Big Mike said as he ushered Sydney up the porch and through the door. She had expected that he would follow her but he simply shut the door once she was inside. Sydney continued walking past the stairs and into the living room. Eian was already seated there waiting for her.

"Miss Sandilands," he greeted her with a nod. "I'm glad that you could make it here."

"Please, just call me Sydney," she stammered.

"Sit down, Sydney." The words were said with such gentleness that it didn't sound like an order at all. Once she was seated, he offered her a drink but she declined.

"Do you know why you're here Sydney?" he asked.

"I don't really know... I mean... I have a hunch but I do not know for sure."

"A hunch? I like hunches; they're very good for business. So tell me," he said with a smile and leaned back. Sydney felt stupid. Was she really going to tell this distinguished man in front of her about her stupid Werewolf theory? As if!

"I... I don't think that's a good idea, Sir... It is rather... unscientific," she added nervously.

Eian gave a laugh but didn't say anything. From the way he was smiling, Sydney felt that he was urging her to tell him anyway.

"Please sir... please don't think I am going crazy. It's just a theory..." she said with a plea.

"Sydney, I never push away any idea out the window. If one can stand to support his or her idea so convincingly, then I will always credit them, even if I do not agree," he said, trying to reassure her.

Sydney took a few deep breaths before she opened her mouth again. "I think I'm here because I think I saw wolf... I mean, I think I saw a wolf... but I don't think it's a wolf... it's more like a Werewolf 'coz before, I saw a man, then I saw a wolf and I've been doing some research and I must say I was perplexed at first but then... well, I don't know what else to think! It's just a myth isn't it... so it can't be real and what I'm saying doesn't really make sense... I'm sorry..." she said everything in a breath.

Eian gave a lighthearted laugh and shook his head slightly.

"I assure you Miss Sandilands that Werewolves are not a myth at all," he said but didn't elaborate. Something had distracted him for he was looking expectantly at the door. "Give me a minute," he told her as he got up.

Sydney watched Eian walking to the door but before he could open it, it opened by itself and there stood a beautiful woman dressed in a long overcoat. However, it was her hair that caught her attention; long silvery ropes of hair hanging loose from her head. Sydney recalled the same colouring off the little girl she had seen a month ago. Could this be her?

Whatever Sydney was thinking was immediately put to rest as the woman was staring at her with the utmost dislike on her face. She didn't say a word but simply turned and walked away.

"I'll be back," sighed Eian before he broke into a run after her.

***