To Love a Were Ch. 07

Story Info
Fiona tries to remember the past.
9.4k words
4.75
36k
29

Part 7 of the 11 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 12/11/2010
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers

NB: Once again, many thanks toangin_berhembusandwildheartedangelfor their great job at editing!

I enjoyed writing this chapter a lot so I hope you liked it too. =)

***

"Are you ready for this?" asked Dominic as they stood at the edge of the water.

"Yeah," replied Sydney holding his hand for support.

"Call out to her, in your head. Let her come out by herself."

Sydney was finally ready for her first transformation and Dominic had decided that they should do it near their new home, even if it was still just a plot of land. Dominic watched as she closed her eyes in full concentration but nothing seemed to be happening. He knew she was ready by the scent of her, but somehow she seemed scared to bring out her wolf.

"Darling, what's holding you back?" he asked gently. He didn't want to push her too much.

"I don't know Dominic... Will I... I mean... will it change me in any way?" she asked, uncertain.

"You'll still be yourself Darling... your wolf is a part of you and always will be. Come on... I'll shift too then you won't be alone ok?" he reassured her. Taking off his clothes, he made sure that Sydney's eyes were on him as he shifted into a big shaggy grey wolf.

Sydney saw the ease in which Dominic shifted and her worries subsided a little.

Come on little wolf... Don't you want to come out and play with Dominic's wolf too?

Apparently that was the right thing to say for Sydney felt something moving inside her before she heard a distinct howl in her head. She thought it would hurt but it didn't. It only felt slightly ticklish as though ants were crawling on her skin. When she blinked again, she was on four feet instead of two, breathing through what looked like a beautiful grey snout.

She felt delirious with energy; breathing in the clear spring air and padding her feet slightly on the slowly thawing ground. Then she saw him, patiently looking at her, waiting for her to come with him.

I'll race you!Was that Dominic's voice in her head? Sydney tried to look for him but he was already gone. She was panicking inside but her wolf seemed to know what to do for she was leaping and bounding over the fallen branches and stones after him. Sydney could smell him. His scent was warm and getting closer.

Found you!She heard herself saying.

Good, very good. You can hear me?

Yes. Are we really talking in our minds?

Yes we are. Humans can't understand us though. I think we sound like we're growling or barking to each other. So... how does it feel little wolf?

Deliciously free! I... I feel like I want to run some more Dominic!

Dominic watched his fiancée dash off and felt his heart leap for joy. He couldn't believe he had found her, his equal, his mate.

When he caught up with her awhile later, she had already shifted back to her human self and was sitting at the water's edge. He came close to her and rested his wolf head on her thighs.

"Dominic... shall we go up North and see my parents soon? I want to tell them about our wedding. I'm sure they'll be excited," she said as she smoothed the fur on his head.

Yes, we should. Maybe this weekend?

"Yeah, this weekend sounds good. You know... I just thought about it and realize that I'd probably outlive my parents and siblings now that I'm a werewolf. It makes me quite sad knowing that they'll grow old and die but I guess there's nothing I can do about it right?"

The wolf on her thigh began to shift and when she looked down, Dominic was staring into her eyes with concern. "I suppose so darling... You can't tell them about our existence now that you're officially adopted in the pack. I guess at a certain age when everyone around you gets old, we'll have to arrange for you to die."

"What?!" she exclaimed.

"You'll just have to die for the world's records. It's something that we're all used to. It's the same with Fiona too."

"But she's a Vampire!"

"Oh, you can tell? Yeah, it's the same for her too. We had to wipe out all her birth records and everything else that existed prior to her adoption into the pack."

"How can you do that Dominic? She has been searching for answers about her past all this time and no one's going to tell her? How cruel!"

"It has to be done. Besides, she has no other relatives. None at all. What good would it do for her to go hunting for memories? Her life is here now with us."

Sydney didn't want to say anything else. It was obvious that no one knew about Fiona's Vampire status. Didn't she say she wasn't a MacFarlane? She promised Fiona that it would be their secret, so she would keep it. However, she couldn't help but feel sorry for the woman remembering how she had craved for another woman's attention and love. Sydney decided that she would talk to Eian about it, to see if there was anything of Fiona's past that she could hold on to, to make the pain more manageable.

***

He had kept his promise and not touched her until she was ready but as the weeks went by, Eian was finding it harder and harder not to hope that she would come to him soon. He didn't like knowing she was just down the corridor sleeping in her own room and not beside him. He had thought long and hard about what was happening between them and resigned himself to the fate awaiting him. He will accept Culzean's proposal and bind her to him legally. Perhaps that's why she was staying away from him?

As he passed by on his way downstairs to get ready for work, he suddenly realized that it had been almost three months since she had her last feeding. Perhaps it was time to make arrangements to have her return to the castle to meet her adopted family as well. But this time, Eian was going to give specific instructions.

"Lord Culzean's office," said a cheerful female voice.

"This is Keiran MacFarlane speaking. Please let Lord Culzean know that I want a car at my house by noon to fetch his granddaughter. Let him know also that she needs to replenish her dietary intake and tell him that I specifically do not want anything out of the ordinary for her. He will understand."

"Oh! Yes Your Grace, yes I will let him know straight away."

Eian smiled as he disconnected. He knocked gently on her door and saw that she was still asleep. Tiptoeing towards her softly, he left a note on her bedside table before kissing her forehead and leaving for work. It was still early in the morning but he wanted to be early to catch Sydney at the office before she was held up at meetings and such. He had quite a few things he needed to settle with her.

He reached the office slightly before 8am and was pleased to see that she was already inside her office, drinking a cup of coffee and relaxing. He liked having his employees come in early to settle in before working hours actually began.

"Good morning Sydney," he said when she gestured for him to come in.

"Good morning, Sir. Have a seat," she said as she went to her coffee maker to make another cup for Eian. "So, what can I do for you this early in the day?"

"Always to the point, Miss Sandilands. I like that. Right, firstly, if your guest list is ready, I'll take it before I leave. Secondly, I'd like to confirm if you really did bring my ward home on the night Pearl gave birth," he said calmly as he took a sip of his coffee. Sydney gave a nervous laugh and nodded.

"She was angry and lonely Eian... I just took her home to make sure she didn't do anything rash," she replied calmly, knowing how Eian was very protective over Fiona.

"Thank you," he said, bringing a look of surprise on Sydney's face. She didn't say anything for awhile as she settled herself in her chair after finishing her coffee.

"Eian... I know that I'm now technically supposed to address you as Alpha and also Sir since you're still my boss... but could I speak my mind about something just as a friend and not as your subordinate?" she asked cautiously.

"Sydney, the reason why I decided to hire humans was because I want them to express their thoughts openly without being too concerned with pack hierarchies. I've told you before that if you support your argument strongly enough, I'll listen to it even if I don't agree to it. So what do you have to say?" he asked.

"I'm very concerned about Fiona... and her lack of female relatives in her life. I mean Pearl and I aren't real substitutes. She... she needs a woman's guidance in this world and from what she's told me she has none," she said slowly watching Eian's expression carefully. "I know about the loss of her family and of her adopted family too. It must have been really difficult for her, being forced to grow up like that."

Eian regarded Sydney seriously before he spoke, "Get to the point Sydney..."

"She should at least get to know her mother... even if the woman's dead, her daughter will still look up to her as a role model- her dressing, her manners, her likes and dislikes... these are things that will carry on even after death. She doesn't even remember what her mother looks like Eian... how could a child not even know that?" Sydney looked at Eian sadly.

"I can't do that Sydney... if I force her to recall her past, it might trigger some bad memory that might hurt her. There is a reason that her mind refuses to recall her past. It's traumatic for her and how could I force her to do something that is unpleasant?" replied Eian. "But... I guess it is a big possibility that she might want to go back to her home someday," he gave a long sigh. "Alright... Sydney, try and see if the property is for sale."

"Yes Sir, it is..." she said. "Truth is... I bought the house and the land."

Eian turned his eyes slowly to look at her, giving her a cold look.

"It's my own investment," she added quickly.

"Turn it over to the company and let the company finance it. No Sydney, do not argue with me," he said coldly, trying to maintain his anger. "But do pray tell, why did you buy the property without my knowledge?"

"I'm very sorry Alpha... I really am. Dominic was telling me how someday I would be erased from this world; from any records of myself and appear to be dead so that my family could live on and grow old without being suspicious of me. And I thought about Fiona... how she must feel to not exist in this world apart from her family. At least I will have a choice... I get to remember my past even if it is erased but she will never get a chance to know her past if everything is wiped off and nothing is preserved until it's too late."

Eian leaned back and sighed; the corner of his lips curved slightly, "Truly, Dominic did not make a mistake in hiring you. Very well... I am persuaded. But I insist that the property be turned into the company's."

"Thank you Eian..." she said softly.

"No Sydney... thank you," he said with a small smile before he got up. "Do you have the guest list ready?" She nodded and passed him a piece of paper which he folded and kept in his coat pocket.

"You should have this too," she said, passing him a house key.

After he left the office, Eian drove down to the town area where he had booked an appointment with his choice jeweler. He had called a few days earlier to let them know about his visit so he was expecting a few rings for him to make his selection.

The man who was serving him showed him a selection of both wedding bands and engagement rings. Eian was usually not in the habit of buying jewelry for women but this was an exception. It took him longer than he expected because he was spoilt for choice but in the end he chose two identical slim platinum wedding bands and a brilliant-cut solitaire platinum ring.

After making his purchase, Eian kept the boxes in his pocket and drove back home. He wasn't sure when he would actually pop the question but he wanted to make sure that he had the rings when he did.

***

Fiona was happy to be back even though she wished that Eian had come along. The atmosphere around the castle still looked bleak but Spring had changed the surroundings slightly; the lake had begun to thaw and the first hints of greens were shooting out from the ground. She had pushed open the windows and was breathing in the fresh cool air when she heard someone clearing his throat behind her.

"Grandfather," she smiled and gave a small curtsey before rushing towards him and hugging him fiercely. "I've missed you!"

"That and you're hungry too," he replied, beaming knowingly at her. She nodded and followed him into the family dining room.

She saw her uncle Draven already sitting at the table with a goblet in front of him. He gave her a kind smile and gestured for her to sit down. Fiona always found Draven somewhat like Eian in his cold yet gentle manner but where Eian preferred the company of a pack, Draven was a solitary figure. He was also more interested in his books and research than in making money or politics.

"He'll be here soon," he said when she sat down. She didn't need to ask who he meant for she had been thinking about Alaron and wondering where he was. Fiona had gotten used to his uncanny habit of reading unguarded minds. He always said that if you were not guarding your thoughts, it meant that they were not supposed to be private.

"Sit down and have a drink first my child. Unfortunately, it is just normal human blood from the storage banks today. Eian made it perfectly clear that nothing out of the ordinary," said Aramis when a goblet was presented in front of Fiona.

"I don't think he'd appreciate any more changes." Fiona felt the liquid slide down her throat, warming her up slightly before energizing her. She felt slightly giddy at the strange taste of the human blood for she was used to the dark and rich flavor of Aramis's Pureblood.

"You'll get used to it," said Draven as he emptied his goblet. "We're starting you on a plasma diet for now. It has all the essential nutrients that your body needs to fuel itself. We will only move you to whole blood diet once I've gotten your birth blood type." When she gave him a confused look, he leaned back and explained, "It's a whole complicated process really, much of which many people, including Vampires themselves do not take the time to understand. Vampires in their hunger are at times careless. They do not take the time to scent out the blood of their victims and end up dead. Taking in blood that is not compatible with your own will cause your antibodies to bind to the foreign blood and you literally die from inside. That's a much worst death than having your head severed, I must say."

"What Draven is trying to say actually is that he is very concerned for you. Don't worry too much my child. You're only missing on iron from the red blood cells. Draven will issue you some iron pills to take later," said Aramis as he laughed. "So just drink up and tell me how's everything with Keiran?"

"Ah... everything's fine, grandfather..." she said softly and blushed. Aramis couldn't help smiling to himself. He didn't really need to ask her to know for he could scent Eian all over her. She was trying very hard to guard her thoughts too, not wanting to let him know why she was blushing.

"Do you love him, Fiona?" This time, she blushed an even redder tint but nodded quickly.

Aramis was about to reply, when they were interrupted by an annoyed groan from Alaron.

"Please Father, stop embarrassing her," he said arrogantly before taking a gulp of from his goblet, then hooking an arm around Fiona. "I'm borrowing her for awhile," he said pulling her away from the chair, without waiting for Aramis's answer.

When the two of them left the room, Draven turned to his father lazily and said, "You really shouldn't have let him take her."

Aramis sighed and leaned back, "She'll be able to stand her ground now. She's not a child anymore. Let them be."

Meanwhile, Alaron had taken Fiona out for a walk by the lake. Although she was still hungry, she was happy to be outside, breathing in the fresh air and talking to Alaron. She missed him the most and was pleased that they had a chance to catch up before she left.

"So that guy still giving you problems?" he asked.

"He was just worried, Al. You shouldn't think of him in such negative light all the time," she replied with a slight hint of warning. "Let's not talk about him if you're going to end up sarcastic and bitter. Tell me about you then. What have you been up to?"

For awhile, Alaron actually brightened up. "Well... Draven's been venturing into pharmaceuticals these past few months. It's quite a step from the usual science of blood research at the blood bank. He's trying to see if the lab can engineer a sort of pill that can be dissolved as blood; kinda like blood on the go you know?"

Fiona's eyes widened with surprise, "Wow! That would mean I could just bring home a instead of needing to come here. Not that I don't enjoy being here... but those pills sound really handy," she said reassuringly.

"Yeah, reduces the cost of all those chillers and all that. But I don't think it's going to taste as nice. Drinking from a goblet is civilized enough for me; but piercing your fangs through the bag of blood is still the best," he said almost absent-mindedly. "Nah, not for you. You're too Miss neat and composed. Piercing the blood bag is really messy but fulfilling."

"You should try being more neat and composed too Al. It's much more appealing you know," she chided.

"Well, I guess you're right. A bit of appeal might be useful for me, where I'm going." Fiona took the bait instantly.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to leave with Draven tomorrow because the big pharmaceutical companies are located in the city area and he suggested that we both do an internship there before we set up our own lab," he said slowly before he stopped walking. "I was hoping you could come with me... I mean us."

"Oh Al... I don't think so. I mean I'm happy for you but I cannot follow. My place is with Eian and I'm happy where I am now."

"But once I leave, I may not come back," he sighed. "I may not want to come back..." He turned to face her and took her hands in his before he got down on one knee. "Fiona... Marry me... and we'll always be together."

Fiona pulled her hand away both in shock and disgust. "No!" she exclaimed. "We're family... we can't! And I... my heart belongs to someone else," she cried, trying to hold back the tears. "I care a lot for you Al... but you seem to have misunderstood me..."

Alaron got to his feet and stared at her coldly. He had expected this from her. Anger boiled inside of him even as he pulled her close in an embrace. "I'm sorry Fi... please forgive me for this," he whispered as he placed his face close to her neck, breathing in her scent. Fiona tried to struggle but he was holding her so tightly that she could not move. An instant later, she felt the sharp prick of his fangs piercing the flesh at her neck. Her eyes widen with shock as memories flooded her mind in frightening flashes.

She felt herself sinking to her knees.

Alaron was crouched over her father; her mother and brother already dead on the floor, their blood staining the carpet. She had been hiding in the cupboard because she was playing hide and seek.

"Don't see me, don't see me," she chanted softly under her breath.

When she opened her eyes, she saw him looking at her, his eyes red.

Fiona clutched her throat; felt breathless as she sensed him pulling out his fangs slowly and tilting her chin up to look at him.

"I'm not sorry for what I did... for I would not have met you otherwise... and I would not have fallen in love with you," he whispered, holding her close. Fiona was shaking. She wanted to feel angry, betrayed and hurt... but all she was capable of doing at that moment was feel empty. Her body leaned forward and she supported her weight with her hands.

ArtForm
ArtForm
1,148 Followers