To Save a World Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Armed with this discovery, the solution was to secure Lydia to the raft in such a way that her magical output would make the vehicle move forward along with her, which was why Lydia sat with her back to the heavy wooden box, which was firmly secured to the raft itself. And it was working.

Lydia seemed to get the hang of being a magical machine pretty quick, and soon their lumbering, twenty-foot barge sped down along the emerald river at speeds that were enough to raise the front of the raft a little. Aaron could not even begin to think how much magic moving this clumsy, non-streamlined craft cost, but their diminutive demon-touched friend didn't seem to sweat it.

Well, that wasn't entirely true. They had to stop at least twice every hour to let Lydia drink, eat, and just breathe. Expending huge amounts of magic for such a long time can't be good for anyone, even if you're a sex-demon with near-unlimited magical potential. She insisted that she was alright, but both Aaron and Serche saw her rub at her temples as if to ward away a developing headache. Nevertheless, their respect grew for Lydia every time she resolutely sat at her post.

It was midday when Serche shouted something that made Aaron's heart leap.

"Smoke!" the Shaman pointed straight ahead. "I see smoke!"

Aaron craned his neck and strained his eyes, excitement bubbling in his chest. "Where? I don't see anything."

"It's right there, master! Just a little bit more and you will -" There was a sound like a thud, and the Shaman grunted painfully. Aaron whirled around to see her knelt, an arrow sticking out of her right calf. Lydia's magic cut short as she started to sit up. A split second later, an arrow thudded on the raft from his right.

'Both sides' Aaron thought, numbly. 'We're surrounded.'

"Halt!" A booming voice commanded from the trees. "Do not move, or we will not hesitate to kill you!"

* * *

Hey all!

I know it's been a while, and I know I have a lot to apologize for with this chapter; the pacing is still slow, and not much happened plot-wise. It's just, I figured if I didn't post this soon, I'd procrastinate even MORE. As I said before, this is mostly for my benefit, to kickstart my writing spirit. To this end, a little support goes a long way! *nudges the five-star button*

Still, thank you for reading TSAW!

What's going to happen next? Will the group meet friends, or foes? As usual, feedback is well-appreciated.