To Serve and Protect

Story Info
A present to Linda.
3k words
4.42
14.6k
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/26/2003
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
linda_s
linda_s
5 Followers

Captain Linda Shannon stared out the window of her new office at the Jackson County Sheriff's Headquarters, where she was now the new Commander of the Narcotics and Alcohol Enforcement Division.

Tears rolling softly down her cheeks as she clasped in her hand a yellowing photo of her son and daughter.

Just than Carol Gibson's cheerful voice fill the air, "Hi, Aunt Linda, I need you to sign something for me.” She slid the document across Linda's desk

Linda wiped her eyes and tried to hide the photo before turning to look over the application on her desk. "Are you sure this is what you want?" Asked Linda, her bright green eyes scanning the application for the Academy. "Being a law enforcement officer requires great dedication."

"Aunt Linda, Stephanie is going to medical school. I have always admired Dad, Mom and you for what you all do." Carol explained. "I know I have something to offer the Department."

Linda looked into Carol's eyes as she spoke, than affixed her signature to the form. "I'm sure you will be a credit to this department Carol."

"Aunt Linda are you alright? You look like you've been crying."

"Everything is fine, just these allergies are making my eyes water." replied Linda in her soft soprano voice.

Linda watched as the lovely young woman left her office. Her thoughts racing back to the first time she had met the precious young girl in pigtails.

That day Linda had become the first woman to complete the Jackson County Sheriff's SWAT training program. Her final trial was the infamous Hogan's alley. A handsome young Mike Gibson she had befriended during her training had just set the course record at 3 minutes and 14 seconds.

"Hey Linda, spot you three seconds and if you beat that I'll buy you dinner." shouted Mike in mock torment.

Just what I need thought Linda, pulling the slide back on her Browning Hi-Power 9MM sidearm, more pressure. "You're on." She shouted back.

Mike watched in awe as Linda began her walk down the alley, targets falling at an alarming rate. Than Linda called out. "Clear." signaling she was done.

"I think you got him." said Lieutenant Saddler, the commanding officer of the Swat team.

Than came the announcement. "Detective Linda Shannon has tied the course record with Corporal Mike Gibson.

Linda smirked as she walked back, crossing her eyes and sticking her tongue out at Mike. "7 PM Friday and don't be late." She said with a smile.

Friday at precisely 7 PM Mike knocked on Linda's door. His mouth dropped when she answered the door. There stood Linda in a black cocktail dress her long shapely legs accented by the 4 inch heels she wore. Her dark hair and dress offset by the single strand of white pearls around her neck. Mike just turned as she glided passed him. As she reached the end of the walkway Linda turned to Mike and asked. "You are taking me to dinner aren't you?"

Mike finally found words. "YEAH."

After a wonderful dinner and some dancing. Mike asked Linda if she would mind if he checked on his daughters before he took her home. Linda smiled warmly. "Can I get a cup of tea there?"

Mike checked the girls’ room and went into the kitchen to make Linda her tea and a coffee for himself. Sitting in the living room Linda heard noises upstairs. Mike returning not finding Linda there went upstairs as he peeked into the girls' room to find Linda sitting in Lori's (his wife who had recently died of cancer) rocking chair reading Carol's favorite bedtime story to them. A position even after their breakup he would find her sleeping in when she would sit for the 7 and 5 years old girls while he worked second or third out.

Finally satisfied that the girls were asleep Linda quietly picked up her heels and tiptoed towards the door. "Thank you that was very nice of you Linda." Said Mike.

Linda stretched up on her toes to softly kiss Mike, her heart racing as their lips met. She felt his gentle caresses as he responded lifting her gently cradling her in his strong arms before laying her back on his bed.

The next few hours were heaven for them both. Linda had just gone through a terrible divorce. Mike's soft touch and gentle caresses soon had her lost deeply in a long deep passionate kiss. Linda tore at Mike's shirt and pants finally undressing each other. As Mike penetrated her warm moist depths, Linda wrapped her shapely legs around his waist locking her ankles behind him pulling him deeper into her.

Linda began to tighten her muscles as Mike slowly and gently started a rhythm inside her moist depths. Their moans of passion stiffened by hot passionate kisses.

Mike slowly built Linda to a fever pitch she spasmed and rocked under him, feeling his thick hard member as it drove in and out her setting off a series of orgasms deep within her.

As her body recovered Linda gently rolled over on top of Mike, her velvety soft tongue gently trailing down his hard muscular chest finally to slip the head of his penis between her hungrily lips.

Linda tasted her own sweet self on his penis, mixing with the salty taste of the droplets of precum dripping from Mike's penis. Suddenly he let out a massive moan, as Linda pressed him deeply into her mouth and throat feeling the thick semen hitting the back of her throat Linda swallowed and gently tongued his member till his orgasm and jerking subsided.

Linda's thoughts returned to the present. She was expecting Pat Gibson soon. Her intercom buzzed "Sgt. Gibson is here to see you Captain."

"Send her in please, Thomas." Replied Captain Shannon

Pat Gibson entered the Office, her eyes scanning the room. "So this is how the other half lives. The two giggled like schoolgirls before Linda hugged and kissed Pat on the cheek.

"Please sit down, Pat. Can I get you anything?"

Pat shook her head. "What's up boss? You didn't call me from the Academy just to ask me to tea."

Linda smiled softly "No Pat I didn't call you for that. How would you like to work for me again?"

"Linda I can't go undercover now. I just had the babies."

Linda held up her hand. “Still have that temper I see. I know you just had Bob and Danny. I'm their godmother, besides I want you commanding the Strike Force is that clear Lieutenant Gibson?"

"What?" Exclaimed Pat.

"Here, see for yourself." Answered Linda, passing her a copy of the latest promotion list.

Pat's eyes widened with surprise as she carefully scrutinized the list. Her name was at the very top. "Oh my god, Linda, does Mike know? I mean." Suddenly she threw her arms around her dearest friend.

"No, I though I would let you tell him about it." Linda answered in a bubbly voice. "Besides I Know he's been busy now that He is the Commander of Tactical Division."

"Pat, one word of advice before I sign these transfer papers." Linda paused for a moment to find just the right words.

The expression on both their faces changed from the carefree spirited conversation of a moment ago to those of officers talking of a serious matter.

"If you think I'm doing you a favor, forget it. Being the Commander of the Narcotics Strike Force isn't easy. First and foremost take care of Sue and the other officers under you. Remember they are very good at what they do you know that, Second be careful, there are going to be a lot of temptations out there. You’re going to be offered lots of money to look the other way." Advised Linda.

"I won't let you down Captain and certainly not my Officers." replied Pat in an official tone.

"I know I can depend on you, I knew that from the first time we met. Now get out of here and tell Mike." Said Linda. "See you Monday." She handed Pat her set of the official transfer papers.

Linda watched with a smile as Pat scurried off to find her husband and daughters to tell them the news.

Linda remembered fondly how Pat had handled her first undercover assignment. A smile brightened her face as she remembered the sight of Terry Roberts flying through the air before crashing through a wooden table in the warehouse she had followed Pat and Maria to. Pat's quick thinking had given Linda the chance to disarm and render useless Terry's huge bodyguard.

Linda fondly remembered decorating Pat for bravery at the Academy graduation exercises.

Pat found her husband talking with Detective Sue Adams. Sue, under Linda's careful training had become the department’s best undercover narcotics officer with a growing arrest record that was beginning to rival that of her lover and mentor Linda Shannon.

Both were ecstatic at the news of Pat's promotion and new assignment as Commander of the Narcotics Strike Force.

"Pat, Carol has asked to see us all together for lunch today." said Mike. "So I guess we should just meet in the cafeteria."

The group of officers soon met with Carol.

"Ok, Carol what did you want to see us about?" Asked her father.

Carol looked from her mother and father to Sue Adams, "I saw Linda today. She looked like she had been crying. She tried to hide a picture. I think it was of some kids."

"Linda has been acting a little strange lately." Agreed Sue. "To say the least."

Mike Gibson took a deep breath. "Well I guess this was going to happen someday. The picture is of Linda's children."

"Linda has children?" asked a startled Pat. "She's never said anything about having children."

"Linda was married to Joe Shannon, a bank loan manager. He never liked the idea of Linda being a cop and when she started deep undercover work he divorced her." Explained Mike.

"But Dad that couldn't have stopped Linda from seeing them." Said Carol. "Linda would have found someway."

"Bill argued that her work was too dangerous. Given the fact that a drug ring had placed a $100,000 bounty on Linda's head the courts agreed."

"And Linda would never do anything to hurt them." Added Pat. "That would have killed her if anything would have happened to them."

"Ok, we all agree on that, but what can we do?" Asked Sue.

Captain Mike Gibson looked at his wife, "Hon is Josh Williams still with intelligence?"

Pat nodded." I'll talk to him and see if he can find out where the Shannon’s live now."

A few days later Mike had the address of Miriam Shannon and her younger brother Joe. Sue had supplied the transcripts of the divorce hearings and a full copy of Linda's service record.

"I hope this will help you Captain Gibson." Said the senior-grade detective.

"Oh, I'm sure it will. Pat and I will have a talk with them and try to explain things to them." Answered Mike.

*************************************************

That night Linda spent another restless night. Sue curled up behind her hugging her preventing Linda from tossing and turning as had now become her custom to do.

"Linda, honey please tell me what's bothering you?" Whispered Sue her voice betraying her tears of concern for her beloved Linda.

Linda turned towards Sue snuggling into her warm arms. "Oh, god honey, I'm sorry I know I haven't been very attentive to your needs."

Sue brushed Linda's dark hair from her eyes as Linda's soft lips covered her's in a gentle intimate kiss. "I know this hasn't been easy for you Sue, but it's just that once I kind of made a deal with the devil, I have to work this out for myself." Linda explained.

Sue responded by kissing her lover deeply, Linda gently rolled Sue on her back as the two women kissed with growing passion and the lust that comes from love denied much too long. Linda's lips and tongue gently working their way down Sue's neck to the swell of her breasts. Than taking each nipple in turn into her warm mouth, her tongue teased each rubbery bud into rock hard points of sensitive flesh. As Linda slowly work her velvet tongue teasingly down Sue's toned body, stopping at her navel to tenderly swirl her tongue into it.

Sue moaned her fingers digging into the sheets. "OOOOHHHHHHH! God mmmmmmmm." As Linda continued her tender kisses and gentle caresses of her tongue down Sue's burning flesh. Till she found the pouting petals of Sue's swollen vulva. Linda sucked the moist folds of Sue's inner lips between her's as her fingertips gently teased the smooth flesh of Sue's shaking inner thighs.

Linda rolled her tongue gently just inside Sue's lips tracing the outline of her pussy from bottom to just under the hood of her exposed clitoris. Ever so softly taking the hard pink bud between her lips as her tongue fluttered over its tip sending Sue off into a twisting mass of lust filled moans and gyrations. Moaning in her own pleasure Linda slowly slipped two long slim fingers into Sue's quivering vagina carefully stimulating her sensitive g-spot. Sue arched her hips tightly towards Linda's probing tongue suddenly losing control she shook and spasmed under Linda’s gently caresses.

As her orgasm subsides the two women laid together drifting into a sound sleep.

**********************************************

The next morning at breakfast Mike told Pat of his plans to see Linda's children.

"I'm going with you dad." Interjected Carol. "I started this I have to see it through."

Pat hugged her daughter. "Take her with you Mike, she's right. Carol you don't know how proud you just made me to hear you say that."

As Mike and his daughter drove across the county he warned her about getting her hopes up too high. "There is no telling what can happen. They don't know their mother at all and there is no telling what stories they have grown up with."

"I know dad, but Linda has never let us down. I can't do any less for her can I?" Quizzed Carol.

Mike could only smile. "Your mother was so right, both of us are very proud of you."

Mike stopped the SUV in front of an old home in one of the more affluent sections of the county. Taking his daughter's hand they walked towards the door. Before ringing the bell he handed Carol the two folders he had brought with them. "Ok, cadet let's see how you handle yourself."

Carol rang the bell, almost dropping the papers as she stared into the face of Miriam Shannon. It was a perfect twin to that of Linda's in almost every way. "Miss Shannon, I'm Carol Gibson and this is my father Captain Gibson. Could we please speak to you and you brother for a few moments? It concerns your mother."

Miriam led them into the living room and called her brother. "Look if she's dead we really don't care. She's never bothered with us and I doubt if there is anything you have to say we really want to hear."

Miriam's words cut Carol as deeply as any knife could have, but the determined young woman held her ground. "I think you should read these before you judge her." Carol passed the copies of the divorce transcripts and Linda's service record to Miriam who tossed them to the side.

Young Joey, a law clerk, began to read the transcripts as Carol tried to reason with his sister. Suddenly Carol's anger she tried to hold in check took over. "Listen here, you spoiled brat, you sleep safely in this big house because of men and women, like my parents and your own mother that put their lives on the line every day to protect you."

"Sis, I think you should read this before you say anything else." Joey said pointing to a passage of the transcript.

Miriam read the passages than looking at her brother said. "Why did dad lie to us for all these years?"

Carol handed Miriam a note bearing the Gibson's address. "Be here New Year's Eve. I think the three of you need to talk. I think you should also read the rest of the information."

Miriam nodded to Carol. "Just don't expect too much from me. It's going to take time."

As they left Joe and Miriam sat together reading their mother's service record. "God." said Miriam. "Look at this, six times decorated for valor, including the department’s highest award."

"And just look here." Joe replied pointing to her arrest record. "Not one narcotics arrest without a conviction. Letters of Commendation from the DEA, the States Attorney General's Office, and the State Patrol. Sis, I don't know about you but I've just got to meet her."

Two weeks later Carol again visited Linda. She showed her with delight her letter of acceptance to the Academy. "Oh, almost forgot New Year's at our house, everyone in full dress uniform." Not wanting Linda to question her, Carol made a quick exit.

On New Year's Eve Linda and Sue dressed in their formal dress uniforms and drove to the Gibson's home. Pat met them at the door. After the hugs and kisses were over. Linda asked, "Why are we all dressed like this?"

"Better ask her." Pat replied. "It's her party."

Before Linda could say a word Stephanie took her by the hands, As Carol tied a scarf over her eyes. "Just relax Aunt Linda we have a big surprise for you." The two girls lead Linda into the next room, as the scarf dropped from her eyes; they yelled "Surprise!"

Linda's hands covered her open mouth as she stood before the children she only hoped to see. Tears quickly rolled down her cheeks as she and Joey embraced. All eyes fell to Miriam as she slowly circled Joey and Linda. Suddenly she blurted out. "Mom" in a tearful voice ran to join Joey and her mother in their first family hug.

Seeing this the Gibson's and Sue left the room to allow the three time to get acquainted on their own.

linda_s
linda_s
5 Followers