Todd & Marty's New Beginning Ch. 06

Story Info
Todd's out on bail & decides to contact Marty.
2.7k words
4.33
5.7k
1
0

Part 6 of the 10 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 05/29/2009
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

AUTHOR'S NOTE ::: This is the love story of Marty and Todd starting from the very beginning when they first met in college. It also includes several other characters as well as their storylines. This story is based off the hit soap One Life to Live, yet the "history" has been changed somewhat to suit the purposes of this story. Not all the parts of this story will contain erotic sex scenes as there is a plot. First and foremost, this story is a romance/drama, not a sex story. This story also deals with the topic of nonconsensual sex as well as other disturbing material, so if you are bothered by that please do not read any further.

Also, I'd like to note that I do not own ABC's One Life to Live or the characters and I will NOT be receiving any payment whatsoever for writing this story. It is intended for entertainment purposes only.

*~o~*

Marty had just finished giving Vicki a smile. "I hope you'll learn to like him or her, Jess," she said as she spoke of the baby. "Because he or she will definitely need someone like you to show them how to do things once they get older."

Marty then looked up at the woman who entered when she spoke and assumed it was Tina. Marty's face went white with shock when Tina announced she had posted Todd's bail.

Tina didn't miss Marty's reaction to her news, and she secretly felt satisfaction. But remembering Vicki's words earlier, Tina did her best to at least "appear" gracious to Marty. "Well, hello there, you must be Marty. I've heard ALL about you," Tina said, walking up and shaking Marty's hand. "I guess you're like part of the family now, since you are carrying my dear little brother's baby."

Tina gave Marty a fake smile as she began sipping at the brandy which was in her glass while taking a seat next to Vicki on the loveseat. "Sis, Todd had no where to go... They kicked him out of the frat house.. and off the football team. The college is right now trying to make a decision. Sounds like he's going to be suspended... or maybe they will decide he can't come back campus. He said it didn't matter to him though... he didn't like school much anyway," Tina spoke to Vicki. "I set Todd up in a motel room. Once the lawyers see the proof I got that he's our little brother, Todd will be a millionaire... and he can hire a great lawyer. He will be out of prison in no time."

Vicki turned to give Tina a glare. "Stop it, Tina. This isn't a discussion we should be having now. Not in front of Jessica."

"Why is my Uncle Todd going to prison?" Jessi then asked.

"See what you've done," Vicki said to her sister angrily.

Then Vicki reached over to caress Jessi's blond hair. "Honey, remember when I said Todd has made some bad choices... that's why he's going to prison. A judge will decide."

"But what did he do?"

Tina looked at Marty, a smug look on her face. Vicki was looking at Jessi, not sure what to say. "He hurt someone, sweetie. Someone I truly believes he loves," Vicki finally spoke. Her gaze then moved to Marty, feeling so bad that any of this was happening.

Marty knew none of this was Vicki's fault as Megan had warned her about Tina. Certainly it wouldn't be easy living with Tina. She would just have to do her best to keepher mouth shut most of the time and try to keep the peace. "Nice to meet you," Marty said as politely as she could to Tina, yet she didn't like the fact that Todd would be getting out of jail so easily.

"Tina, I'm going to show Marty upstairs now to her room. I'm sure she needs her rest as she was just released from the hospital. Come on, Jess, let's go show Marty the room right beside yours," said Vicki. Vicki stood and so did Jessi, taking Marty's hand.

"Come on, Marty. I put some fresh flowers from the garden on your nightstand. Mommy helped me pick them," said Jessica as the three of them went to the foyer, then walked up the immense staircase to the upper floor of Llanfair.

They went down a long hallway, then Vicki pushed open the door to Marty's room. "Do you like it?" Jessi asked sweetly.

*~o~*

Todd lay down on the bed in the motel room, staring up at the ceiling. He called his attorney first, announcing he had been let out on bail. "Stay clear of Marty," warned Sam. "All you need is more charges brought up against you... and for them to throw you right back in the slammer."

"But I miss her. I need to talk to her," Todd said as he was seriously wanting to speak to her and try to settle a few things.

"Listen to me, Todd. Don't chase after her right now. If Bo Buchanun even THINKS you are going to contact her, he's going to arrest you again."

Todd hung up the phone, feeling horrible. He was out, but he still felt imprisoned. He wasn't even allowed to speak to the woman he loved. He sat down and got a pad of motel stationery from the desk drawer. Grabbing a pen, he began writing a note to Marty.

The message read :

Marty,

I'm sure you've heard, I'm out on bail. I swear on my life I will never hurt you again. I really need to talk to you. There is so much I have to say. If you want to talk to me, too, meet me at the docks tomorrow night at 8 PM next to pier number seven. And don't tell anyone! If the cops find out I am speaking to you, it wouldn't be good.

Todd

He put the letter in an envelope, then he got a taxi to Llanfair. He saw Marty's car parked outside of the house. However would he get this message to her?

Seeing a gardener right outside, Todd approached the man. "I have a message for Marty Saybrooke, a house guest in Llanfair," said Todd, slipping the man some cash. "Will you make sure she gets it?"

"Sure," said the man as he put his rake aside and took the note from Todd. He promised to make sure Marty got the envelope.

*~o~*

Marty was smiling as she walked upstairs, holding Jessica's hand. "I bet the flowers are just gorgeous," she said.

A moment later, she saw the room and her eyes lit up. "It's beautiful! Thank you," she said happily. "Oh my gosh! It's just perfect."

Jessi showed off the lilacs on Marty's nightstand as their sweet scent filled the room. "Excuse me," Vicki said as she gave Marty a quick hug. "Make yourself at home here... and feel free to get some rest... Right now though, I must go downstairs to make a phone call." She kissed Marty's cheek, then she left, leaving Jessi and Marty alone.

"Tell me about my Uncle Todd," said the little girl as she went to sit on Marty's bed. "Is he cute?" Jessi and Marty didn't even notice when an envelope had been quietly slipped under Marty's bedroom door.

Marty wasn't sure what to say about Todd as she sat on her new bed with Jessi. "We-ell," Marty began quietly. "I guess so; I mean he's popular, ya know. Football Star of the college and all that. Girls like him, so yeah, I guess he's cute."

Jessi nodded as she heard Marty speak. "You must like him a WHOLE lot if you are going to have a baby with him," said Jessica. "I know all about that stuff, I do watch TV you know. And I always see Aunt Tina and my brother Cord. They are always so mushy, kissing and hugging and stuff..."

Jessica shuddered. "I think boys are icky," she said as she fluffed Marty's pillows.

She then got up and looked out the window from the French doors of the balcony. As she walked across the floor, she found an envelope. "It's for you," she said, handing it to Marty when she saw Marty's name written on it. "Who put it there?"

"Umm... my situation is a bit different than what you see on TV; its kindda complicated," she responded.

Then she saw the envelope and frowned. "I don't know," she said as she accepted the envelope and just sat there staring at it.

"I don't know where it came from either. Maybe someone dropped it," said Jessica with a shrug.

"Do you want a snack, Marty? I can ask Cooke to fix us some cookies and milk or something..." Jessi suggested as her tummy growled. "Be right back; I'll go get them." Jessi left and disappeared down the hallway, in search of a snack from the kitchen for herself and Marty.

"That does sound good," Marty said to Jess, and after she had left, she slowly opened the letter and began to read it.

She frowned after reading Todd's scrawled handwriting. She put the letter back into the envelope, stuffing it in the top drawer of the dresser. What in the world could he want with her?

Jessica came back a few minutes later, carrying a tray of fresh hot chocolate- chip cookies and couple of glasses of cold milk. She set the tray down on the table near the French doors. "Cooke always makes such good snacks," said Jess as she offered Marty some of the cookies.

"CJ and Sarah are awake downstairs. You haven't met them yet, have you?" asked Jessi.

Marty smiled at Jessi. "Wow, those cookies look awesome," she said.

"And no I haven't met CJ and Sarah," she replied. It was so nice that Jess was making her feel welcome in her house as it took Marty's mind off all the unpleasantness that was going on regarding Todd and Tina.

Jessi nibbled on a cookie, then sipped at her milk. "CJ is six and Sarah is four. They're both really cute," said Jessica as she sat across from Marty at the table. "They are so excited about meeting you as I told them all about you."

As Marty and Jessica were chatting and enjoying their snack, the help carried up Marty's belongings. Vicki returned a few minutes later. "Sorry about that, Marty, but I really had to give a call to The Banner in regards to tomorrow's front page. I see Jessi has brought you up a yummy snack," Vicki said with a smile as she snatched a cookie off the tray. Jessica laughed as she bit into another cookie.

"Marty, while you are here, feel free to come and go as you please and do make this house your home. You're welcome to anything to eat in the kitchen and if you have any special requests for meals or snacks, Cooke is very accomidating," Vicki spoke. "In fact, he's making Jessi's favorite meatloaf and mashed potatoes tonight."

"Yay!" Jess said with a smile.

"Breakfast is at 7 AM, lunch is at noon, and dinner is always at 6 PM sharp," said Vicki. "Everyone comes and goes as they please around here... sometimes it's like a zoo, especially with the three little ones in the house."

"Soon to be four," Jessi spoke up.

Vicki smiled at her daughter. "Yes, so true. Soon there will be four. It's been a long while since we had a baby living here. It's hard to believe that Sarah is four years old already," Vicki stated as she sounded very excited about the coming baby. "And my Jess is growing up wayyyy too fast."

Thanks to Vicki and Jessica, Marty felt very welcome in the house. "Thank you so much," she said to Vicki.

"It's true; the house will be full to capacity once the new baby arrives," Marty quietly agreed.

*~o~*

Todd sat in his motel room, eating a cold sandwich and staring off into space. He couldn't believe that his sister, Tina Roberts had come forward, posting his entire bail. He was free man for now, but his trial was set to begin soon, and after that, he knew once he was sentenced, he would be living in Statesville Prison. As he stared at the wall in front of him, he thought about what he planned to say to Marty the following night on the pier. He had missed her so much the past few days and wished that when he saw her, he could pick her up in his arms and kiss her and hold her.

*That probably wouldn't go over well* he thought to himself. He had really made a mess of things, and he had no clue how to fix any of it. Sam was right though... the best way to start was by being completely honest. It wouldn't be easy, but Todd would have to talk about his feelings.

He went to bed with a headache, sleeping more soundly than he had in days now that he was actually lying on a real bed. Nightmares came in the middle of the night. Marty screaming and begging him to stop. He could see Kevin's KAD room, the fish tank, and Marty's tears. He woke up, his heart pounding in his chest as he tried to catch his breath.

That evening, just before dusk, Todd went for a walk on pier # seven. He had always come here a lot in the past, just to think. For some reason, staring out at the water had managed to calm him. He sat down by a crate, overlooking the water. He tried not panic as his thoughts turned to Marty. How he hoped she would come. He needed to see her.

*~o~*

Everyone in the Buchanun-Roberts household had been very kind to Marty as they all did their best to make her feel welcome. CJ and Sarah both smiled when introduced to her on what was her second day of living there.

"You're very pretty," Sarah said to Marty, softly touching her cheek.

"Yeah, she looks like an angel," said CJ.

"Thank you," Marty told them when they told her she looked pretty and like an angel. Marty was delighted by CJ and Sarah as she loved kids.

Tina rolled her eyes at her children's words, although she did her best to cover her disdain for Marty. Clint and Cord were also very friendly to Marty, offering her any help she might ever need around the house. "Megan says you like playing the piano. I think we have room for it in the parlor," said Cord. "You think you might like to teach little CJ and Sarah here to play?" CJ and Sarah jumped up and down happily, eager to learn how to play the piano.

"Jessi has requested lessons on the piano as well so I wouldn't mind one bit," she assured when C.J and Sarah wanted lessons, too.

"The piano should be here tomorrow. Thank you so much," she said to Cord.

Later that evening Marty was sitting on her bed as she looked at Todd's letter again. He had some nerve writing her and expecting her to come and talk to him. She should turn the note into Bo as evidence of him trying to contact her. It creeped her out most of all that the letter had ended up in her room without her having seen it delivered. What if Todd had actually snuck into this house somehow? The thought scared her as she placed a protective hand on her stomach.

She didn't even like Todd, right? And she didn't need him, did she?

Slowly she rose to her feet with the intention of going tonight to tell him not to ever talk to her again while insisting he never again contact her That would be for the best, right? Even when she thought she knew all the answers, Marty remained indecisive.

She stood, letter in hand, feeling a slight tremble move through her body. So, if that was the right decision, why did she feel so unsure? She would go and see what he had to say and then just be done with him. Without stopping to think another moment about it, she burned his letter and left Llandfair, going to Pier #7 to meet him.