Tom and Mary Foster Ch. 01

Story Info
A small group at the Fosters.
6k words
4.4
62k
12
0
Story does not have any tags

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/06/2022
Created 11/28/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mary and Tom Foster are an average American couple who, at the time our story takes place, have been happily married for 12 years. When the events of our story unfolded, they were living in Houston, Texas where Tom worked as a high profile database administrator for IBM. Tom could easily have been described as an average guy. He was 38 years old, approximately 5'9" tall, and weighed in around 175 pounds. His brown hair was thinning a bit at the top, and he had worn glasses since his freshman year in high school, earning him the ever-original nickname of 'four eyes' at that time. As Tom grew up, he closely fit the cruel (though somewhat accurate) 'nerd' stereotype. As a teenager, this idea mortified the young Tom. As he grew older, and more confident in who he was, he embraced it. He remembered hearing Bill Gates lecture high school kids about the wisdom of being nice to nerds. As he aptly stated, 'you might work for one someday'.

Tom's young wife Mary would definitely not be described as average. Evidently she was privy to the wisdom Mr. Gates had tried to impart on those high school kids. Though she was a classic girl-next-door beauty, she was able to see Tom's many virtues, and the whole 'nerd' stereotype was never an issue for her. Even when her sister and more than a few of her friends teased her about dating a total geek, she knew that Tom was the man for her.

At the time of our story, Mary was 36 years old, stood 5'4" tall, and weighed somewhere around 105 pounds, give or take. She was wearing shoulder length auburn hair, had a pretty and captivating smile, and an innocent face that often caused men to look twice at her. Her figure, though somewhat petite in many ways, could certainly be most noted for her wonderfully perky 36C chest. Being an otherwise petite girl, the 36Cs stood out wonderfully against her frame, and often drew stares.

Mary worked at the local Houston library. Part of the reason she got this job was because, during college, she took several courses that certified her to teach marriage seminars. Though this was a rarity for Mary, it still looked good as something that the library could offer to new young couples.

Tom and Mary had pretty much grown up together. As they got older, they had become boyfriend/girlfriend in the beginning of Tom's junior year in high school. They first 'noticed' each other in the computer lab. Each was working on assignments, and Mary was having problems getting a paper she had been working on to print. Of course, this fell into Tom's area of expertise, so he helped Mary by showing her that the little router box was set to 'A' when actually the printer she was sending her output to was 'B'. A simple click of the switch from A to B, and suddenly Tom was her hero!

After discovering each other in computer lab, the two started talking everyday they had class together. Finally, Tom mustered the courage to ask Mary out to a movie, and voila, a new couple was born at Richmond High. On the 3rd date, Tom asked Mary if she would consider going steady with him, to which she readily agreed. They continued to date even when Tom went off the college. It was a local state college, so they still got to see each other quite a bit for the two years that Tom was away.

When Mary graduated, she attended the same college that Tom went to. Upon graduating, Tom was offered a great job working for IBM in Houston. He accepted, and the next weekend proposed to Mary. Mary accepted the proposal on the grounds that the wedding would have to take place after she graduated. This would give Tom a couple of years in Houston to get settled, save some money, and prepare.

Shortly after getting married, they started their family, having two wonderful children -- a girl, then a boy, and settled down into a happy suburban family life. Neither Tom nor Mary really dated anyone else as they were growing up. As far as either of them was concerned, they had always simply been together.

Tom and Mary had lived in the Houston area for nearly four years. They were very active in the local church, which is where they met most of their friends. Most recently, Tom had signed them up to lead a small group for the church. Small groups met at the group leaders houses once or twice a month, and was an effort to bring a sense of community and closeness to the people of the congregation. It was meant to enable relationships to be formed that would otherwise be impossible in such a large church.

When Tom first approached Mary about his idea to become small group leaders, Mary was a bit skeptical. She was more than a little nervous about the whole notion of being small group leaders.

In addition, she knew that both Tom and her self were very busy with work, family, and other activities they were involved in. She knew that being small group leaders would be a huge commitment for both Tom and her. Since they would be meeting in their house, she would have to be certain that the house was cleaned up and immaculate, a thought she quietly dreaded, not being the tidiest housekeeper in the world. In addition, she would also be in charge of refreshments for a group of 6 other couples -- another notion that didn't exactly thrill her.

"Are you sure we're up for this commitment," asked Mary when Tom brought the whole idea up to her.

"Listen honey, I know it will be a big commitment, but it just seemed like a wonderful way for us to meet more people and make new friends," answered Tom. "I know my work pulls me away from home a lot, and I just want for you to be able to make more friends in our area and have more things to do."

"Well you know, all I really need is you. You are my life and you make me very happy," said Mary.

"I feel exactly the same way. But maybe we can share our marriage success story with other young couples. This might be where we are needed most in a society where marriages are falling apart right and left. Plus with your background, I bet you will have a great deal to offer the other couples in a small group," offered Tom.

"True. We are pretty rock solid, and maybe we can share our success with others," replied Mary. "I just don't want another activity to take away from OUR relationship, or our ability to spend time with our kids."

"I think we can handle it. We've done pretty good so far," replied Tom.

As Tom looked at his wife, he was still impressed by the fact that, even after all these years, he still found her exceptionally attractive. He certainly couldn't complain about their sex life. Mary was a very open and willing sex partner.

In fact, after being married for just a short time, Tom discovered that pretty much anytime he had a desire for sex, Mary was certainly up for it. And whatever his imagination could bring up, within their morals, Mary would go along with whole-heartedly.

Mary loved both giving and receiving oral sex -- in fact, if Tom were to have to venture a guess, he would have to say that she might even like oral better than intercourse. This certainly wasn't a problem for him, as he also loved both giving and receiving. And some evenings, if he was too tired to actually perform, satisfying Mary orally was always a viable alternative.

Tom knew that he was fairly average in the penis department. His measured somewhere between 5 and 6 inches, so he suspected this might have something to do with Mary's infatuation with oral sex. For the most part, it normally required either oral, or using his fingers to bring Mary to an orgasm. She normally did not climax during intercourse. So, their normal routine was: some degree of foreplay -- kissing and touching, followed by a sampling of oral for Tom, then he would normally go down on Mary until she climaxed, then they would fuck until Tom came. If Tom was too tired for sex, it would end after Mary's orgasm. It worked for both of them, and they were quite happy with their sex life. Nobody was ever left unsatisfied.

In fact, Mary and Tom were both quite satisfied with their sex lives. They were also quite content in their marriage. They worked together as a team, sharing in household chores and the raising of their small children. They both respected and loved one another completely.

The only thing missing for Tom was the fact that his wife tended to be extremely conservative compared with what he would be willing to try. Even though they had a great sex life that satisfied both of them completely, Mary was really not open to trying anything overly unusual. For instance, at one point it seemed to Tom that their sex life had gotten a bit routine, and become a bit of the same old/same old. In an attempt to stir the mix a bit, one night Tom brought home a porno movie. Tom figured, what the heck, it might give them a few ideas to liven things up a bit.

The movie was some kind of an interracial theme. The cover immediately caught Tom's attention, as it showed a very attractive blonde woman sitting on an exceptionally handsome looking black man. Tom thought the contrast between the two looked exceptional, and it captured his eye a bit.

Tom attempted to sneak the movie on and surprise his lovely wife. As was common when they first went to bed, Tom would put on some kind of movie. It would enable them to unwind a bit and relax before trying to go to sleep. Tonight, before his wife came in, he cued up the porn to a place where the action had started, skipping over the initial advertisements and introductions of the movie. As his wife climbed into bed, he turned on the porno movie without warning.

The screen was immediately filled with a fairly intense smutty action scene. An attractive young blonde was topless and on her knees in front of an incredibly hung black man. She was sucking his cock and occasionally begging him to fuck her. Tom had NEVER seen tits as large as those on this young nymph, and he knew that Mary had never seen a cock like the one displayed on the screen.

Mary just stared at the screen, and said, "What the hell is this crap?"

Tom replied, "I thought it might be kinda sexy to watch a movie like this together."

Mary immediately got angry and turned defensive. "So I'm not exciting enough for you in bed? You need some stupid SMUT movie like this to get you going? Is that it?"

"No baby, I just thought it might be fun for us to try something a little bit different. You're all I need," answered Tom.

"Then turn that crap off! That is simply ridiculous, look at that guy's fake penis. We BOTH know they don't get that large! What's more, I don't need some porno movie to get my juices going, and if you do, then maybe you picked the wrong girl!"

Needless to say, Tom never tried the dreaded porno ploy again. For the most part, he was completely satisfied, and didn't really need anything like that. There were just times when he wondered what it would be like to try some more adventurous and maybe more dangerous kinds of love making.

Another failed attempt came one day when they were in the park together, before they had children. They were out for a nice afternoon walk. Autumn was approaching, so the Houston temperatures weren't as unbearably hot as they had been over most of the summer.

The couple had been walking for about an hour when they decided to stop and catch their breath on an out of the way park bench for a moment. Tom began to feel a bit amorous, and had started kissing his wife. She seemed OK with this, but when he attempted to touch one of her breasts through her shirt she had pulled away.

"I don't think making out in public is such a great idea," said Mary.

"Why not, we're alone here, and looking at you is making me totally HOT," answered Tom.

"I just don't feel comfortable with doing that. It just seems wrong to me to carry on like that out in public where anyone could come along at any moment," said Mary.

The list went on and on. The bottom line, Mary was willing in the privacy of their home, as long as things didn't go outside what she considered to be morally ok. This was really fine with Tom, other than things did get somewhat dull from time to time. However, Mary was a great catch -- probably better than what he ever deserved, so he was willing to go along with whatever she considered 'morally OK'.

Tom figured to him self, "who knows, maybe someday she'll come around a bit." Until that day, he was willing to wait patiently.

*
SMALL GROUPS

The small group was an immediate success. At the very first meeting, the Fosters had six other young couples attend their small group. Most notably, there was a young newly married black couple that attended came, Anita and Jerome Senvil. They had just moved to the area, and they were a brand new couple in the church.

Everyone in the group took time to get to know the Senvils, and Tom could tell that Mary and Anita were sure to become close friends, as they just seemed to click with one another right away.

Anita and Jerome were indeed newlyweds, having been married for just under three months. Most of the other couples in the group, like the Fosters, had been married for several years. The other couples in the group did their best to welcome the Senviels in and make them feel at home.

Tom could tell that his wife was very excited by the idea of having a fresh, young, newly married couple in their group that they could mentor and help along the crooked and complicated paths of marriage.

"It certainly will be exciting having a couple as most recently married to add a fresh perspective to our group," Mary had later confided in her husband.

Tom completely agreed. He also thought to himself that it would be interesting to actually get to know a couple that was black. Both him self and Mary had grown up in a small town that was pretty much exclusively white. They were not at all racist, but had simply never been around black people.

The other couples in the group were practically carbon copies of Tom and Mary. A couple of the guys actually worked with Tom, so they obviously had a great deal in common. A couple of the other wives had done other activities with Mary, so they already knew each other and had plenty in common as well.

The first couple of get-togethers were mostly just get to know you kind of meetings in which the couples met and discussed everyday life issues and found all the things that they had in common. It turned out that Anita had also spent a few years working at a library, so her and Mary immediately had a great deal in common and a number of things to talk about. Mary immediately went about the business of becoming the young girl's mentor. She made a point of letting the group know that she would be taking the young girl under her wing, as it were.

Jerome worked at a nearby car assembly plant, so he seemed to be filled with interesting tales to share. He had a way of simply captivating the group as he told stories of the misfortunes of the American Assembly plant. Other than Jerome, most of the men in the group were white-collar office workers. He certainly did add another dimension to the group.

Jerome definitely stood out the most in the small group that the Fosters led. Where all the other men of the group were average, middle class, white men, Jerome was anything but average.

Jerome was an extremely attractive and well-built black man. He towered over all the other people in the group, standing at an amazing 6'6" tall. In addition, he was also extremely well conditioned and muscular, and could easily fit into a professional basketball or football role. Though, at some point he laughingly confided to the group that he was anything but athletic, and apart from an extremely disciplined weight lifting program he was in, he was not at all active in sports. Though you certainly never would guess this by looking at him.

Anita also stood out quite a bit, but in entirely different ways. Anita was an extremely energetic and outgoing person. She had a personality that just somewhat took over in any group setting. She had a very bubbly personality as well as a contagious laugh that automatically drew people to her and made people like her. She was also very open and willing to share the most intimate details of her life -- with perfect strangers! This made her a wonderful addition to the group.

The first few meetings of the group would have to be considered a success. Everyone was getting to know each other, and it seemed that everyone in the group clicked with one another. Friendships and close bonds were being formed as the meetings went on, and everyone just seemed to get along smashingly!

Several weeks into the small group meetings, Tom and Mary had planned to split off into two separate groups. They would split the men into one group, and the women into a separate group.

The purpose of this was to allow them to discuss sexual purity and how to stay true to your spouse. The idea was for everyone to share, in a group setting, strategies for keeping your sex life alive in your marriage, and thus keep your marriage from failing. The idea of splitting up by men and women was to make it easier for people to share and get ideas without putting their spouses on the spot.

This seemed to be a good idea, and it was in theory.

The problem, from Tom's perspective was that when you separate guys into a small group -- with just other guys, they really don't talk a lot. So, while it went extremely well with the girls, and they shared and poured their hearts out to each other, the guys mostly sat and talked about sports the whole time. How well the Cowboys would do this year was the main point of discussion for the men, while the women openly discussed the victories and pitfalls of their marriages. So, later on the first night:

*
An Unexpected Call

"I really don't think this whole separating the group was such a great idea," Tom confided to Mary.

"Why not? Our meeting went awesome! I never knew women could be so open and honest about their sex lives. We got right down to the nitty gritty right off the bat. And that nice young Anita, she is so receptive to teaching. I really think she is learning a great deal from the group! It makes me feel like all that training I received wasn't a total waste of time now! Did you guy's meeting not do as well?" asked Mary.

"Ummm...you could say....no," answered Tom.

"What was the problem?" asked Mary.

"Well, unless you count discussions on the possibility of who would be in this year's Super Bowl. We covered that quite well," laughed Tom.

"Typical. Leave it to MEN to only be able to talk about sports. You can't hold a decent conversation unless women are in the room to guide you from topic to topic," teased Mary.

"You know, I think you might just be right," laughed Tom. "So do you have any great advice for me, oh master?"

"As a matter of fact, I do," replied Mary. "Next time we meet, you should create an agenda ahead of time. Make a list of points that you need to cover during your meeting, and hand it out to everyone. That way, you can try to hold everyone on topic and avoid too many Dallas Cowboy discussions."

"I married a genius," laughed Tom.

"Aww...shucks," giggled Mary as Tom grabbed her and began kissing her.

Tom began to quietly congratulate himself for this idea. He knew deep down inside that it would be a good thing for his young wife. This idea was going a long ways towards helping her self esteem as well as validating her training that she had while she was in college. He could tell that the idea had been a good one, and what's more, he could tell that his wife was happy with him for coming up with it in the first place.

"SCORE!" thought Tom to himself, almost breaking his arm patting himself on the back.

One symptom that would indicate that this was a great idea and that it was working marvelously was the fact that Mary had been nothing short of crazy in bed. She seemed to want sex ALL the time. Tom was convinced it was mostly because she was just plain happier these days. She had found a purpose and was feeling good about it.

12