Tom & Sue & John & Debbie Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Tom picked up good blocks from his lineman and turned the corner and headed toward the south end zone. The crowd was no longer booing Tom as he broke a tackle and was finally knocked out of bounds in front of Jenny and the cheerleaders at the Lion 17-yard line!

Tom got up and pitched the football to Jenny and gave her a thumbs up!

The chains were moved and the clock restarted as Mickey downed the ball.

John yelled, "Kick it now!"

Steve nodded his head in approval.

I reminded everyone of Coach Lewis' interview on ESPN, 'We just don't want to be in the Sugar Bowl—we came down to win the damn thing.'

Debbie was excited, telling Sally, "I have to be a cheerleader next year—this is awesome!"

State wasn't going for the tying field goal. Mickey brought the offense to the line.

Steve said, "One shot into the end zone on a fade route—in the far corner—it'll either be a touchdown or incomplete pass."

Mickey dropped back and threw the fade route toward Richardson, but the pass was overthrown. Four seconds remained on the clock, and the State field goal team trotted onto the field.

John yelled, "SHIT! They can't fuck up the snap or the hold—it has to be perfect."

Steve agreed, "They'll bring the house to try and block it."

The Superdome crowd—both State and Lion fans gave Mickey Lucas a standing ovation, as he left the field for the last time in a State uniform. The senior captain from Henderson provided the leadership to hold this young State team together this Sugar Bowl afternoon. Now with four seconds left, State was going for the tying field goal.

I watch Jenny and felt the joy she must have, as Mickey left the field. Beth and Lois gave Jenny a hug.

The field goal team came to the line, but the Lions called time out in an effort to 'ice' State's young kicker.

I mentioned to everyone, "Y'all remember what Coach Pete said at the University game, 'Coach Lewis sometimes will roll the dice when you least expect it.' Surely he wouldn't try it here—would he?"

Steve said, "I seriously doubt it." Everyone agreed with Steve. I had my doubts.

State lined up for the field goal attempt and John yelled, "What the hell is Timmy Johnson doing out there? He never holds for field goals. Tom's on the wide side of the field. Holy shit, they're going to fake the damn thing!"

The ball was snapped and State faked the kick. Timmy got up and rolled out toward Tom who was in the end zone in front of Jenny and the cheerleaders. Timmy was pressured and as he was going down, he slung a 'Hail Mary' in Tom's direction. Tom leaped high in the air and grabbed the pass in the back of the end zone. He was hit and upended by two Lion defenders—landing upside down in the end zone.

John yelled, "He caught the damn thing!"

The referee confirmed the catch with the 'touchdown' signal.

The State crowd went wild! I was hugging Ma and Pop and Debbie with tears of joy rolling down my cheeks—I didn't hear any boo birds! 'The bum' just won the game for State!

The State sideline was going wild as the players dumped the bucket of ice water on Coach Lewis.

The crowd was yelling, "State #1." We were all hugging and giving each other high five's. Suddenly I realized Tom was still lying on the ground in the end zone in front of Jenny and the cheerleaders.

I cried out, "Tom's hurt!"

Everyone quit celebrating and looked toward the field. Tom slowly got up and held the football above his head to the crowd. Tom wasn't hurt, but he was exhausted, using every ounce of strength he had on the field. I couldn't wait to hug and kiss him.

Coach Pete ran toward Tom, giving him a hug. Tom handed Coach Pete the football he caught for the winning touchdown.

I told Ma, "I'm going down there," and quickly ran down the 25 rows to the front railing and yelled, "Hey babe—I love you."

Tom saw me and came over to the railing. I bent over to kiss him and he grabbed me under my arms and lifted me over the railing. My arms were around his neck and I wrapped my legs around his waist to keep from falling, while we kissed in the Louisiana Superdome. It didn't matter to me about the sweat and blood on his uniform or the sweat, blood, and smeared charcoal on his face.

I heard Angie yelling while Tom and I kissed again, "Ride'm cowgirl!"

Tom and I waved to Ma and Pop and the rest of our group as we hugged each other and walked toward State's locker room.

Jenny and Mickey joined us. Mickey said, "One hell of a catch stud," while rubbing Tom's sweaty head.

Tom replied, "I wouldn't have even been in the game if it weren't for you. Did you mean what you said to Coach?"

Mickey replied, "Damn right I did!"

Tom answered, "No one ever did anything like that for me before—it meant a lot."

I was puzzled as to what the two were talking about, but didn't say anything.

The State football team finally walked toward the locker hearing the public address system: Final score—State 34, Lions 31. There was no need to try the meaningless extra point. State was the only team to win 11 games in the nation as the Bucks defeated #1 Bruins in the Rose Bowl 29-7. The National championship was up for grabs with the final AP and UPI voting due the next evening.

Superdome security contained the crowd, so there was no wild, on the field, celebration like when State beat University. Bourbon Street would be a different story tonight!

Jenny and I waited in the player's tunnel for Mickey and Tom to come out of the locker room.

Jenny said, "None of the others can experience what we did today—our guys playing their hearts out in the Sugar Bowl. Makes me so proud."

I said, "Same here, but I was so sad when they booed Tom and called him a 'bum'. It broke my heart."

Jenny replied, "I know—they booed Mickey quite a bit last year. I think that is one reason he took up for Tom so much today when things were going bad.

"I was standing close to the coaches during that time out and heard Mickey tell Lewis, 'Me and Tom today—no one else—he goes I go.' Lewis left Tom in the game and look what happened."

I now knew what Mickey and Tom were talking about while walking toward the locker room. I realized there is a special bond between teammates that can't be explained.

Tom and Mickey finally came out of the locker room and we walked together toward the ramp where family and friends were waiting for us.

Everyone was hugging Tom and congratulating him on the game—especially the winning catch!

Angie and Jamie gave Tom a 'smacker' on the lips, not to be outdone, my best girlfriend did the same, only with a little more feeling and grinned at me, "Hope you didn't mind."

I gave my best friend a 'go to hell' look.

Steve said, "I've never seen a catch like that one!"

Tom replied, "Those two guys really hit me hard and when I fell upside down it knocked the wind out of me."

Everyone was preparing for the shuttle ride back to the hotels and the team back to the Riverside when Debbie once again suggested, "Let's fuck'm all night tonight in our room—best friends fucking their boyfriends together!"

John answered, "Oh shit, I'm all for that bud. Me and you fucking our girlfriends next to each other—it would be hot!"

Bourbon Street and the French Quarter would be HOT this New Year's night!