Tom Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're looking amazing," Tom said, as they kissed.

She squeezed him and as she sat down on the patio under a glassed roof said she'd made an effort to look nice for him.

"I work for an advertising company, still here on Madison, that allows me to work in jeans, polo shirt and casual jacket. I should have dressed up for you."

"No, you are a cowboy. Cowboys look awkward when they dress up."

"Spoken like an attorney"

She smiled hugely and said it was so lovely seeing him again.

Tom's heart lifted. Was she preparing to come back to him? He tossed a bait: "How's you love life, pretty one?"

Jane's face clouded. "It's partly about that and discontent at work that are the reasons why I'm here. I'm paying for this lunch: it's my way of seeing you again and to say goodbye."

Tom went to reply but Jane hushed him.

"I've had three relationships since being with you and all have been unsatisfactory. In the first one I stupidly took up with one of the senior partners in my law firm; he's married. When I saw him one day with his wife and two young teenagers I was shocked at my blatant invasion into their family life. There were times I had taken the husband and father away from that family. I broke it off and he ranted but didn't threaten me. But recently for the second time I was proposed for a junior partnership and again someone slipped in ahead of me. I made careful inquiries and found there was one veto and for the second time by the same person. Guess who?"

"That dumb bastard fucker."

"Oooh, that's a great name for him. Well I've resigned and have a job out of New York. I'm quite excited about it."

"Where?"

"Dallas."

"Dallas, Texas?"

Jane smiled and pretended to look confused. "I think Dallas is in Texas."

"Oh god, you'll love it. I've been there once when I competed in junior finals at a nearby rodeo. The place really hums. May I come and visit?"

"Yes, I'd love that. I'll be in touch when I get settled."

When they were leaving Tom hugged Jane and said, "I'm allowing you to pay for this lunch so that I owe you one and will date you in Dallas to repay your hospitality."

"I'd like that, really like it Tom. I'll be in touch very soon."

They kissed and both must have noticed some of the old magic was back in that final kiss.

Tom walked back to the office barely noticing the tits straining to escape and the swaying asses. He called for a meeting of partners but had to wait more than two hours before all three were free.

"Guys, do you want to open an office in Dallas?"

They looked at one another and shook their heads.

Tom told them there was this woman in Dallas he'd connected with unexpectedly and he wanted to relocate there.

"When?"

"Within a month, two at the longest."

Ben said, "A guy Terry Struthers we were at university with has a big public relations business in Dallas. I could get you a position with his company perhaps. You crossover into PR anyway. You could always find a slot in advertising agency once you become known for your work."

"Right Ben, my CV and work examples are on our website. Please forward them to your buddy with your commendation and you guys get anything else you require my involvement with placed under my nose for me to clean up. It's been lovely working with you guys. Shona you gave me a huge break when I needed that."

"Well you've repaid me in terms of bringing in new business and my mother-in-law-to-be thinks I'm wonderful finding you to clean up her messy business. She thinks you are Christmas. You haven't been fucking her have you?"

"Who me? Cut it out Sharon, she's married!"

The three partners looked at Tom very suspiciously.

Terry Struthers called Tom next day and they chatted amicably and Terry sounded very interested.

"We require a senior to work with medical clients."

"Yuk no. Too boring to do that fulltime. Use me as Mr Fix-it. Talk to Ben because that's really how I'm used here. I'm known in the office as The Specialist Mr Fix-it."

"Your CV doesn't mention that?"

"Talk to Ben. What company wants it know it has problems that new fixing?"

"You talk in PR language."

"Well – advertising, PR and bullshit have that affinity."

Terry laughed and said Tom sounded quite a character and had the advantage of being Texan with New York experience. Unfortunately I do the fix-it work here."

"Well, you'll be able to loaf around running the business won't you? I'll be better a fixer than you are and will bring in new clients because I turn on a big personality for clients and especially women love it. I'm also the guy who comes up with something when all leads have been tried and rejected."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

There was silence and Tom allowed Terry to think.

"I admit you come highly recommended; Ben is no fool and wouldn't over-sell to me. Here's the deal: you start as a junior on $30,000 and will be promoted on performance."

"I'm not coming to Dallas for less than 80k."

"I couldn't justify that."

"Start me on that and fire me after two weeks if you fail to have registered performance from me."

"You'd come to Dallas on that basis?"

"Yeah, why not? I know how good I can perform because I have what some people call vision and my mind ticks away creatively."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Okay, here's a test. What did you think of the name of our outfit?"

"What, Benson, Michaels and Struthers PR?"

'Yes."

"It would be impolite of me to comment."

Terry sighed. "Sonny, you are pitching for a job, big money and sight unseen."

"For a locality which has the enterprise to come up with a name like Cowtown Coliseum the name of your firm is a disgrace."

"We have been in discussions about it. What would you suggest?"

"PR Action if it hasn't been taken or perhaps PR Solutions but I'd think someone would have been smart enough to grab that one and Dallas PR is likely to be the oldest PR firm in town. I'd think about OK PR or if you feel like taking a risk, and I would if starting up, why not Cowtown Communications or even Think Big Communications?"

"Jesus – are all those just off the top of your head or are most of them PR firms you know in New York?"

"PR companies in New York have names like Benson, Michaels and Struthers PR."

Terry laughed and said Tom should email a couple of days before arriving. "I agree to 80k and you being our Mr Fix-it Guy at Large – Ben recommend I hire you with that title. Secondly you will fired at the end of two weeks should you have failed to impress but already I'm thinking that would seem unlikely."

"Bye Terry, and thanks."

Tom and Julie had a great time at the wedding and Julie was appalled late in the evening that the bridegroom's stepmother appeared to be attempting to drag Tom into the women's restroom.

Kissing Julie goodnight on the porch of her parent's home Julie said he could sleep with her if he wished. Tom thought about it and seeing her face fall as a result of the delayed response he said he was a little concerned about her mother.

"Oh I don't figure mom is expecting to join us."

"Although Julie was a little drunk never had she joked like that. Tom was impressed and said okay and was told Dorothy had expected he would stay as it was his last night in New York and would be a lovely way to say goodbye to Julie.

Tom gave Julie a goodbye to remember.

More to Come

12