Tom Ch. 06

Story Info
Tom finds great interactions in PR; Jane calls.
5.3k words
4.69
15k
00

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 10/30/2022
Created 01/08/2008
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

CHAPTER 6

An irritated older guy was standing at reception waiting for a receptionist to appear when Tom entered the dingy offices of Benson, Michaels and Struthers PR.

"May I help you sir?"

"Do you work here?"

"Yes."

"I own Robinson's Clearance House and had advertised heavily to promote the clearance of a line of five gallon ceramic pickling pots. We'd ordered 150 pots but they failed to arrive on time and this morning a container of 1500 was dumped outside our premises. It's a complete fuck-up. I want assistance to prepare an advertisement apologizing to customers and then I'm off to my attorney to sue the stupid supplier who is refusing to take back the shipment."

"You are a trader Mr Robinson. You must NEVER apologize to the public. That would be interpreted as a sign of weakness and encourage consumers to complain. Come over here and sit with me while I draft an ad for you on that back of your piece of paper. How many pots have we to clear?"

"Fifteen fucking hundred."

"Hmmm. That's a bit of a challenge but Benson, Michaels and Struthers PR is up to it Mr Robinson."

Tom scribbled away. "I hope you can read this Mr Robinson. I've only started here today so don't have a computer yet to provide a printout."

Mr Robinson read the advertisement:

'COLOSSAL OPPORTUNITY

Golden opportunity for a never-to-be-repeated purchase of precious old-style unadorned five-gallon kitchen ceramic pickling pots. Will last a lifetime with care. Granny kept honey and pickles in hers and the supplies lasted all year, if you remember. Ten thousand uses -- honey, pickles, rice, potatoes, shoe polish equipment, front porch decoration (they paint up well), baby's living room toys... need we go on? Think nostalgia and buy a pot for twenty-five bucks. You probably will be carried away and buy two. Load up the trunk with them. But hurry, delay going to Robinson's Clearance House and you'll miss out. These pots only arrived a few hours ago and will be all cleared out before the end of trading today.'

"Twenty-five bucks each? I was only asking for fifteen."

"People pay more money if they perceive value, and how much value Mr Robinson, would you put on nostalgia?"

"I really don't know. In some cases heaps I suppose."

"Exactly and that's what people will read into this newspaper advertisement tomorrow morning. It won't matter if you haven't sold out by nightfall because next day's customers will simply assume another shipment has arrived."

"It could take three weeks to clear 1500 ceramic pots."

"Mr Robinson. I'm charging you $300 for this work. Place it as a half page advertisement and I guarantee you'll be clean out of pots before end of trading tomorrow. You best notify police some traffic control might be necessary."

"Oh yeah, says who? And three hundred bucks for some scribbled words is rather steep."

"Pay at the counter Mr Robinson. I ask you to play fair: I'll pay you one thousand dollars tomorrow if there are any pristine pots unsold after 4:00 pm."

"You're kidding. If you think nostalgia will do it why don't your feature that in the heading and first sentence of the advertisement?"

"I'm serious about that thousand dollar payment Mr Robinson. It doesn't apply to unsold pots with significant flaws. When people read deep into that advertisement the word nostalgia will ring their bell, or so I believe. It's part of the magic of advertising."

Tom took Mr Robinson over to the receptionist, now back in her seat and filing her nails.

"Hi, I'm Tom Briscoe."

"Oh hi Tom. We were expecting you today."

"Please run out an invoice for Mr Robinson for $300 for advertising services via Tom Briscoe and he'll give you the check now."

"Thank you sir. It has been a pleasure to serve you. I shall call in on you tomorrow at 4:00 for you to pour my a whisky."

"And to hand over a thousand bucks," Mr Robinson said, smiling, two gaps in his bottom teeth prominent.

Thirty-eight people worked at the agency and Tom met most of them before being taken into the partner's inner sanctum where Terry Struthers clasped him by the shoulders affectionately and introduced him to Sadie Michaels and Manson Benson.

"We decided on Friday, unanimously and I must say with enthusiasm, to re-register our company as Think Big Communications Inc. We will take you to lunch today to celebrate this big rejig and for your splendid contribution."

"Thank you Jerry. I hope to serve you guys well. My desk awaits me so off I go unless I'm wanted for anything else?"

"No, off you go," Jerry said. "Welcome aboard."

Well Jerry was okay but the other two were a little surly, Tom thought. At his desk Tom checked for emails (none, understandably) and on the electronic staff notice board found a message from Jerry welcoming him and a statement that Tom was a gifted concepts person and was available to help anyone at anytime as his role was to act in developing concepts and being available as an adviser to get personal out of deep trouble.

A thin, nervous guy came up to Tom's desk and said a client was coming in to review his draft announcement in which last year's Rodeo Queen was refuting suggestions she was gay. Tom was about to read the press release when reception called on the speaker system that Mrs Conway was waiting for Jasper Coglan.

Tom went with Jasper and asked who was Mrs Conway.

"Head of consumer relations at the chemical company that sponsored Wendy Poole, last year's Rodeo Queen. She's uptight because her job could be on the line over this because she talked her company into sponsoring Wendy. Of course the company was delighted she won the contest but that has now turned to custard."

Jasper walked into the small meeting room confidently and introduced Tom to Mrs Tina Conway and Miss Wendy Poole, calling him a senior executive of the public relations company, attending to give support if required. Both women didn't lick their lips when they spotted Tom but he thought they almost did. The reaction from Wendy encouraged him.

Tina put on reading glasses and read aloud: "Last year's Rodeo Queen strenuously denies she is gay and wants to put the record straight. She respects gays but isn't one of them. She is extremely upset that this nasty rumor is circulating and threatens to take anyone found spreading it to court. 'This despicable lie must stop,' Miss Poole said in a statement today."

"And that's it?" Tina asked sarcastically. "My 4-year old could have done better than that."

Cheeks flaming Jasper said he very much doubted that.

Tom cut in smoothly. "Jasper and I thought perhaps that was the type of statement you wanted but we do have another in mind, the one we think you'd accept."

"Do we?" Jasper asked but before Tina could crush him with her curled lip Tom cut across her bow: Tell me Wendy, do you fuck women?"

"Of course she doesn't," Tina fumed. "How dare you ask such a question. This is outrageous."

"By quiet Mrs Conway. Answer me Wendy."

"Of course not, well not since college. But then all women experiment at college, don't they?"

"No they don't," Tina said. "And you didn't."

"Actually I've heard a couple of female graduates admit that was one of the best things about going to college," Tom said.

The women looked shocked.

"Wendy, I ask you to confirm or deny: have you had sexual connection of the vulva or rectum with any female in the last two years."

"No, absolutely not. I'll swear my denial on the flag. Guys fuck me, not females."

Tom smiled. "I believe you Wendy, absolutely. We needed that assurance before we put this foul rumor to bed."

Tom said to Jasper to duck out and fetch his other draft and when Jasper looked blank Tom said it didn't matter he thought he could remember it:

Last year's Rodeo Queen Wendy Poole chuckled last night when told a rumor was circulating she was gay.

'If I were taking anyone to bed or ducking into the backseat of a vehicle it would be a guy, absolutely. I love women, but not in that way. Great Scott, what do you take me for? My mom would kill me if that were true and here I am alive and without a bruise on me. Some sick weirdo will be jealous of my success -- probably some bitch who can't even ride a mule and who is resentful of my brief time of fame whereas she just sat on her butt and fumed. And then she thought she was Einstein and began to spread the lie that I was gay. People who adored me last year when I was crowned and led the procession, I ask you please keep the faith. I performed to the highest level to represent you all as a worthy -- um I can't quite say maiden -- as a worthy and idealistic young woman. Nothing has changed. I hope gay people recognize I have been wrongly labeled and will accept that morally I'm as straight as an arrow. Long live rodeo and God protect future Rodeo Queens'.

"T-that's amazing Jasper," Tina said. "It's sensitive and paints positive and uplifting images."

"Jasper thanks you Mrs Conway. What do you think Wendy?"

"I thought my absolute denial I was gay should appear right at the start of the statement."

"Jasper, answer our client please."

"Er and have at least have the readers laugh and say you lying bitch?"

Mrs Conway said, "He's right Wendy. Some readers will appreciate your somewhat lighthearted response and think the rumor is foul and mischievous and you are virtually ignoring it with contempt. Then that 'straight as an arrow' line will ring true."

"Agreed Tina," Tom said using her first name now he was more happier with her. "Being openly dismissive is far stronger than being heavily in denial simply because some people suspect anyone who denies something is lying. It's a funny world."

Jasper asked, "Mrs Conway, do you authorize me to blitz the media forthwith with our second statement beginning, 'Last year's Rodeo Queen Wendy Poole chuckled last night...'? We have a charming photo of Wendy taken at last year's parade to go with it."

"Yes of course."

"And you agree with that Wendy?"

"Absolutely Jasper."

"This session has been recorded purely for legal purposes," Jasper said. "I shall copy the wording of the release you have approved."

"Thank you Jasper. Mr Briscoe has a wonderfully creative mind, able to fire on the spot, doesn't he?"

Jasper flushed and said. "Yes indeed Mrs Conway. He was inspirational."

Tom escorted the women to the elevators.

Tina said, "Tom, would you meet me at The Library Bar at the Melrose Hotel on Oak Lawn Avenue at about 6:00 this evening. It will take around 15 minutes to get there from here by cab at that time of evening. You just may have saved the day for me."

"The big boss didn't like the rumor?"

"Not one little bit. I should be out of the woods providing a few media run that piece."

"We'll submit it with out best effort to the Morning News as your chairman and president will be bound to read that newspaper."

"Good man. Is 6:00 okay?"

"Very much so. I was wondering what bar to hit tonight."

At the bar that evening Tina waved Tom over and he apologized for being a little late. He asked how long did she have before she had to get home to the family.

She laughed. "Oh, Dave and I have yet to have children. I mentioned the 4-year old to give Jasper a bit of a hurry up."

They conversed. Tina had heard of Loving, Texas, but was unsure where the county was and wasn't really interested in finding out. Tom found out she was thirty-two and married to a 40-year old who was currently in Washington on business.

"Does that fact interest you?"

Tom replied carefully. "Could be."

She laughed. "I intended to take you to dinner as well as coming to this bar."

"As my reward?"

She laughed easily and asked would that be reward enough or did he feel he was worth more?"

"Depends on what's on offer."

Tina looked at him steadily over her glass and laughed and at that point Tom realized his hostess used her laugh very effectively. He'd floated a teaser and she'd responded with a laugh once again, implying an answer but it had not been answered. She was laughing to sound deceptively casual while all the time she was setting him up.

Well, was she worth it? Well they usually all were worth it. Tina was neat, well dressed with beautiful hair and a pleasant face. Tom thought the breasts looked lively for such a slim woman and her legs, from what he'd glimpsed so far, could be rather outstanding. Yes, she was worth a bit of heavy attention.

"This is a very pleasant bar."

"Well?"

"Well what?"

"Have you decided to go for the remainder of what's on offer and seduce me?"

"Yes."

"Oh, a man of few words. Aren't they all?"

* * *

After kissing strenuously -- a good word for it -- just inside the door of the house Thom said, do you mind if we leave out the main bedroom?"

"Not at all and how considerate," Tina said. "The guest room is a suite."

"Perfect."

"I've been married four years Tom and this is only my second outbreak of infidelity. The more I thought of you saving my neck the more I began thinking of taking you to bed. It then began closing in on me but I avoided panting."

"Well I'm not married and turned twenty-five three weeks ago, the event passing unnoticed because I was between girlfriends. I've followed a former flame here and will look her up soon. She's taken a position as an attorney with Macdonald Law Group."

"Never heard of them. I only wanted this to be a one night stand anyway."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes. God what do you take me for Tom -- a slut?"

"A very high-class one."

"You jerk," she yelled, laughing, at attempted to knee him in the balls. But he was too quick and caught her off-balance, pulled her top almost over her head and carried her over his shoulder and into the guest room, she interrupting her yelling to be put down to direct him to the right room.

She lay on her back on the bed, almost panting, heavily aroused. Tom leaned over and tweaked an upright nipple noticeable under her enclosed bra and as her mouth opened she held out her arms and pulled him into a long, long kiss. He knew she was on the verge of screaming for sex. Her body was writhing slowly. How long had hubby been away?

"I don't suck... just push it in. Please."

And then, "Ohmigod, it's curved, almost like a cutlass... here let me steer it in. Just push -- I'm more than adequately moist... I'm dripping!"

Tom looked down at her in admiration. Her talk was helpful and technically correct in a very simplified by pragmatic way. What a change from the usual lies of women: 'Oh Tom, darling, I do love you so... I know I must not do this... Oh god Tom you are too big for me... Never in my entire life have I had my bell rung in such a heavenly way'. That last quote had been voiced in such a breathless, smiling way by Jane Briscoe than Tom had almost been seduced into believing it.

"There we go honey," Tina said, smiling hugely. "It's a beautifully tight fit but I'll expand when you swell and will cope with a couple of fingers added if that is your strategy towards the end."

Hmmm, thought Tom. This woman is free about her sexual experience instead of pretending she only gets it twice a year -- Christmas and on her birthday. Well no deceptions, no surprises. How refreshing.

Tina, stroking the sensitive patch between his balls and asshole with a finger said, "Wendy has been involved in a heavy affair with one of her mother's best girlfriends."

Tom groaned, convulsed and flooded the far depths of Tina's cunt.

"That was rather early," she giggled.

Just before dawn the sated Tina told Tom to go.

"Neighbors talk," she said in explanation, kissing him. Tom couldn't find his underpants and there was no way her panties would fit. She kissed him and rolled over to sleep, leaving him to let himself out. His usefulness had ended.

Tom borrowed the cabby's newspaper and found the picture of virginal Wendy on page 7. Well Tina would be pleased and Wendy would smile cynically. Jasper would be basking in his success and good on him. Glancing through the business section he found a photo of himself -- Struthers, Michaels and Benson announcing his appointment as a senior consultant.

As the cab neared the cheap hotel where he was staying until he found somewhere permanent to hole up his phone went. He thought expansively, Tina's yearning cunt compelling her to request his immediate return?

"Hi."

"Oh hi Jane. It's lovely hearing your sweet voice again. I suppose you are married?"

"You haven't asked me yet."

Shock hit Tom but he let that one slide.

She took up the silence. "I've just read about your appointment. Extremely well done."

"I'm surprised you read the business section; it doesn't feature clothes or makeup?"

"It's compulsory reading for attorneys."

"Ah and also the crime and the social pages?"

"Very good. I'm thrilled you have come to Dallas. When were you going to contact me?"

"After I find permanent accommodation. At present I'm cheap and seedy."

"You always were darling, but I take it you mean your present accommodation. Come stay with me."

"What?"

"Those words were spoken in English darling. What was it about them you didn't understand?"

"You just took me by surprise."

"I hope I always will darling. Welcome to Dallas. I'll phone you later about lunch when we both are into our work schedules for the day. We need to talk about you shifting in. I'm pretty liberal but have a thing about dirty underwear being left about the place. Bye."

"By glorious Jane."

"Oooh."

Tom found they were stopped outside his hotel.

* * *

Jasper rushed up to him with the press cutting, face aglow.

"Yes buddy, I saw it. Well done. You now know to think about the problem rather than charge into it unprepared, won't you?"

"It was a masterful lesson in construction and handling clients Tom. Better than most confrontations we acted out at college. Who was your professor?"

"Oh I never ventured past high school academically."

"Pull the other one," Jasper laughed. "You require a degree in communications or media studies to even start in PR."

Tom walked on, smiling. A pretty young thing intercepted him.

"Ah good morning. Um, Jill isn't it?"

"Close Tom, it's Billie. I just wish to say you were so good with Jasper and that has given him such a confidence boost. He told us everything. I wonder if you could help me out?"

"Sure, just allow me to put my attaché case on my desk. I don't need one but unless I carry around a laptop people won't believe I work in PR. What is it honey?"

"I wonder if you could help me out, um, after work?"

"Sorry darling, I don't do house calls. Try Jasper. The guy has talent, it just needs to be eased out. Sexual experience could be just the thing to do it for him. He's so eager to get into sexual rhythm and I'm sure to an experienced young woman like you would act like an eager puppy and after the sex would be good on fetch and carry."

"Fetch and carry you say?" Billie said, turning to look back as Jasper.

"Go get him darling."

"I will. I'll ask him to invite me out to lunch today."

The female partner Sadie Michaels, cold-faced with a stiff back, stopped at Tom's desk and said, "Well done."

"Huh?"

"The lifebuoy piece that will save Tina Conway."

"Jasper did that. I only went along to give him support."

"Oh yeah? Jasper is a junior under my supervision and is hanging on by his fingertips. I'm advised him to consult with you constantly."

"I'd welcome that. He'll make because he has focus but has to learn how to control it."

"Fine. That piece as published is a piece of PR spin magic. No way was Tina Conway going to survive this one because that stupid beautiful little bitch is in romance with a much older woman. But the president and board at Tina's company will now believe what they are reading in the Morning News rather than listening to rumor. Well done. I didn't think I'd like you, coming here without qualifications, but you are beginning to influence my thinking."

12