Tom Greer, P.I.

Story Info
Detective finds TV lover.
5.6k words
4.44
33.8k
5
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I looked up as the door to my office opened. The girl who walked in was stunning. She was dressed in a shirtwaist dress that was perfect for her. She had on high heeled shoes and was really lovely to look at.

"Mr. Tom Greer?"

"Yes, I am Tom Greer. How may I help you? What is Your Name?"

"My name is Samantha Douglas, Mr. Greer. A man told me you were the very best in this area at finding cheating husbands."

"Who told you that?"

"He was a police officer and he said to tell you he hated your guts."

I laughed, "Now I know who you mean, he thought he could never be caught."

"Please help me, I don't know where to turn."

"Please sit down and relax. If you cry I won't be able to help you. Now tell me why you think your husband is crazy."

"I didn't say that. I said he was cheating."

"Young lady, if he is cheating on you he is absolutely crazy."

"Oh! Thank you. I guess I can be a bitch sometimes. When he doesn't come home at night and says he has worked all night. Then I called his office in the morning and ask for him and they tell me he isn't in yet, and that they don't know if he is coming in or not because he was home sick yesterday. Then when I ask he gets angry, tells me to butt out of his work. Then we fight. He works late a lot, he works late Saturdays. No one answers the phone at his work on Saturdays. I have found lipstick on his clothes that is not my shade. Now I am afraid to let him touch me. Not that he has tried in months. I don't know what to do."

Tears were running down her cheeks. I picked up the phone and dialed a speed number. It was answered right away. "Betty, Tom here, I have a young lady over here I want you to talk to. I'll bring her right over if you have time, good. Bye."

I watched as she wiped her eyes, "I have an attorney I want you to talk to first, OK."

"An attorney?"

"Yes she can give you much better advise than I can. She is the very best I have ever seen, I have worked with her for five years. I have never seen a unhappy client. You will like her, follow me. She is in this building."

We entered the office two doors down and the receptionist waved us on through. I opened the door for the girl and the very lovely woman behind the desk rose to shake her hand. He introduced herself as Betty Burke.

We sat and I listened to Samantha tell her story to Betty, she had many more incidents she hadn't revealed to me. I could tell she was much more at ease with Betty.

Betty looked at her. "What do you want from Tom, what is your goal?"

"What do you mean?"

"If Tommy finds he is cheating on you, what do you plan on doing about it? Shooting him, divorcing him? Do you have somewhere to go, do you have money, money to live on, do you have kids?"

"No kids, I have my own money, I don't want him hurt. If he is cheating on me, counseling may be an option but I doubt he would agree to it. I don't think I could stay with him if he is cheating, and I know he is."

"Well that would just leave a divorce. Under Florida law he would have to pay for the divorce. If you want I can outline what we do to insure a quiet settlement. We will retain your assets and try to keep every thing as peaceful as possible. You need to sign a agreement with Tom and retain this firm to represent you in the divorce. Basically for now, every thing depends on Tommy. He is very, very good. He doesn't believe in entrapment. He will generally let the husband prove himself guilty. Can I answer any questions for you?" Samantha shook her head and I led her back to my office to get more information from her.

I seated her at my desk and gave her a form to fill out. I watched her struggle with herself as she filled it out. As betrayed as she felt, she still felt she was doing him wrong.

I pulled my chair over beside her. I took her little hand in mine. "Sweetheart, Let me ask you a few things. Has he ever used condoms when he makes love to you?"

"No, he hates them."

"Do you think he would use them with someone else?"

"I doubt it."

"Then if he is cheating on you he is playing Russian Roulette with your life. He is trusting that who ever he is having sex with has never had sex with someone who has AIDS.

He is also trusting that the person he is having sex with never had sex with anyone who ever had sex with anyone who has Aids. As you can see, if one of those people has had ten partners and each of them had ten partners he is trusting thousands of people. Damned poor odds. Go get yourself tested. Please do that for me. And no matter what he says, do not let him touch you."

"I will do what you say. Thank you for caring."'

"Hey, we have had enough of this depressing stuff, let me take you to lunch at a little Deli around the corner, OK?"

We sat and talked for two hours after lunch. If I wasn't one of their best customers they would have thrown us out. Every minute I spent with her was a revelation to me. I had never met as sweet and caring a person in my life. Wanted to learn every thing I could about her. I wanted to put and keep a smile on her beautiful face.

Finally I could keep her no longer. We went back to the office and she gave me a retainer, I asked her for a hundred dollars, my normal retainer for a job like this was one to two thousand dollars. I didn't tell her that. She went over to Betty's office and retained her.

She stopped back and stood in front of my desk looking at me. She smiled, "I asked what your normal retainer is for this kind of case, Betty told me you charged $1000 to $2000 on a surveillance case. Here is a check for $900. I don't want to be beholden to you. I like you too much for that. Please call me after a while, I love talking to you, call even if it is just to say hi! OK?"

"I'll give you a call shortly. I need to go to where he works and see where he goes after work. I will call you in a while. Can I call you Sam?"

"Certainly you can, if I can call you Tommy." She grinned at me and turned and walked out the door. I got all the gear together I thought I might need. I couldn't keep my mind off of her. I put the stuff in my small van. I changed the magnetic signs on it to those of an electronic security firm I owned as a cover.

I drove to the office where he worked. I drove round the block. There was a big parking lot for their employees behind the building. There was a bar across the street from the lot. I dug through the stuff I had printed off my computer and found what I needed and got my self ready. I checked the time. Plenty of time.

I called Sam. She answered the phone. We talked for about a half hour, Then I told her I had to get to work. She told me to be careful, her husband Fred had a brown belt in Karate. Peachy Keen. That is all I needed, a nut who was into martial arts. They could hurt you if you weren't careful. I said Goodbye, she said, "Wait, Please don't let him hurt you." I chuckled, "Sweetheart, if he hurts me it will be my fault. I will be careful."

"Still be careful, please."

"I will. I'll call you when I am clear, OK?"

"OK."

I walked down the street to the bar. It was almost empty. I sat at the end of the bar and ordered a Bud Light. I put a fifty dollar bill on the bar and asked the bar tender if he knew Fred Douglas. He looked at he and picked up the fifty and looked at me, "You a cop or sumpin'?"

"Naw, I ain't a cop. No way."

He looked at the fifty, "Yeah, I know him, why?"

"Does he come in every night?"

He looked at me and folded the fifty and put it in his shirt pocket. "He comes in 'most every night. A crowd from the offices 'cross the street will be here in ten minutes, He will likely be with them. Oh! Wait, see the person who just came in? Buy her a drink and Fred will sit next to her."

I smiled at the tall blond as she neared me. She smiled back and sat down next to me. "How are ya?" she asked.

"Want a drink?" I grinned.

"Sure I do? What is your name?"

"I'm Tom, Tom Green, what's your name?"

"I'm Josie, Tom, I haven't seen you in here before. You new in town?"

"Not really, I just don't get to this part of town very often. I am really trying to get some information on Fred Douglas. I understand you know him."

"Yeah, I know him. Come on lets go sit in the back room. He will be here any second." I followed her through a door to another room. I noticed her give the bar tender some sort of signal. The room was just an additional bar room. She led me to a booth in the back. The bartender was right behind us with a drink for her. I gave him a ten this time.

"What do you want with Freddy."

"Well, I have a buddy who is very fond of Fred's wife. Oh! Nothing going on between them. He thinks Fred is doing her wrong. I mentioned the other day I had to be down here for a day or two and he asked me to check this guy out. Evidently she is a sweet little thing who helped him with his wife when his wife was in bad shape a while ago and he can't stand to see her cry over this Fred all the time."

"I will tell you right now, tell her to get a divorce."

"Why do you say that?"

"He will give her AIDS sooner or later. He is just nuts for Trannies. He fucks any of them he can get his hands on. I am afraid to touch him anymore."

"You are one aren't you?"

"Sure I am, he is after me all the time. I run a string of Shemale whores, he scares me. He just don't give a shit, so long as he can have sex with one of us. Spend his whole paycheck on whores. He's crazy."

"Listen, I have a little digital camcorder. It is voice sound activated. I would pay real well if you could set it up so I could get some scenes of him in action."

"Shit you don't have to do that. I already have those on a CD. I'll sell you all you want. How about $500 bucks for an hour of them?"

"You have a deal. When can I get them?"

"I'll have to go get them. Where can I meet you?"

"There is a blue van around the corner on 6th about half way up the block. How long will you be?"

"About five minutes, You can pay me then?"

"If you are alone. I have 45 buddies with me."

She grinned, "You won't need them." She got up and went out another door. I went out the way I had come in. The bar keep waved at me."

She was right on time. I could see she was alone. She got in the passenger side door. It was locked when she closed it. She handed me a CD. I gave her ten fifties. She tried to get out. I smiled, "Wait until I check this out. I pulled out my laptop and put the DVD in the slot. The picture came up of Fred sucking a Trannie's cock. He was obviously really enjoying the job in a big way. It went on for several minutes. Then he screwed the TV in the ass. There was no doubt it was him from the picture she had given me of him. I grinned at Josie, "Thank you. The door will open now."

She grinned back at me. "Treat her better than he did."

"I'll sure do that. How did you know?"

"Hell, I make my living off of reading men. You got it real bad."

"Yeah! I sure do, I hope I can pull this off without her hating me."

"Tom, I have confidence in you, You are a sweet guy, just be yourself. Bye-bye." And she/he was gone.

I called Sam on the phone, "Sam, how are you, Good, How far is it to your Mom and Dads house?"

"About thirty miles."

"Good, do this for your own protection, OK. Just pack what you need for a couple of nights and go there if you can. Can you do that?"

"Yes, I can spend a few nights with Mom and Dad, no problem. What did you find out?"

Can you be at Betty Burke's office in the early afternoon?"

"I sure can. What did you learn?"

"Please don't ask me. Please!"

"Is it that bad?"

"Please, do not make me do this, Please."

"Will you be there in the early afternoon?"

"Yes, I will be there ."

"Thank you Tommy. I think I will need you."

"Listen Dear Girl, get out of there as fast as you can. Call me when you are on your way, please."

My phone rang fifteen minutes later. She was on her way. We talked for a while. She never knew I was right behind her until she reached her parents home. An hour later she called me and told me she was going to bed. I wished her a good night. I dreamed of her all night. Damn, how could I live like this?" I was waiting in Betty Burke's office when she got there in the morning. She grinned at me. "poor Tommy, you have it bad don't you?"

"Yeah, I guess I do. She is so damned sweet and beautiful. I never felt like this before."

"I know how you feel Tommy. It is wonderful, yet a little scary, isn't it?"

"Yeah, that is right." I showed her what I had gotten. We watched the DVD all the way through. "How did you get this so fast?" she wanted to know.

I told her the whole sordid story. She grinned, "Damn you are good. This is just what we need. He is dead in his tracks,"

"What will this do to her?"

"Let's go easy with this, you are right, Tommy, she doesn't need to see this. Let me handle this."

"I promised I would be here with her this afternoon."

"Hey!, that is fine, I think perhaps you can get lunch for us while she and I talk."

"Sounds good to me, Betty. Thanks!"

I went back to my office and worked on my paperwork, my least favorite part of the business. I slugged away at it all morning. I heard an "Ahem!" I looked up and there she was smiling at me. I jumped to my feet. "Wow! You look great today. I didn't hear you come in. Please forgive me."

"What are you concentrating on so hard?"

"I am doing my written reports. I hate doing them."

"Tommy, I am early, let me help you with them. Do you have a pad of paper and a pencil?"

"I sure do, how can you help me?"

"Dear Tommy, just lean back in your chair and tell me what you want to say."

I dictated three reports to her in about ten minutes. She chased me away from my computer and I was dumbfounded by the way her fingers flew over the keyboard. In another five minutes I had three printed, flawless, reports in my hands. It would have taken me another two or three hours to finish them. I couldn't believe she was that good. I picked her up from the chair and hugged her. "Thank you so much. Damn you are good. I can't believe you are so fast." I looked down at her lips, they were right under mine. I couldn't resist the urge to kiss her. She made no effort to pull away so I kissed her longer. Then I saw her eyes were closed. I pulled back and her eyes opened and we stared at each other. She put her hand to her lips, "Oh! We can't do that, I am a married woman."

"I am sorry, I just couldn't help it. Please forgive me."

"Oh! I loved it. I never had such a sweet kiss. Kiss me again."

I kissed her softly until she put her arms around my neck and pulled me closer and parted her lips. Our tongues met and explored each other. This was a really hot sexy kiss. She gently pushed me back. She looked up at me with wide eyes. "OH! Tommy, now I know!"

"You know what dearest girl."

"I know how I feel about you, and I think I know how you feel about me."

"Sweetheart, all I know is that you are the most beautiful, sweetest, most wonderful girl I have ever met. I haven't been able to think of anything but you since I met you."

We stood holding hands, looking at each other. She smiled softly at me, "I know, Tommy, I feel the same way about you."

I looked down at my watch, "Hey, we need to go see Betty Burke, she will be waiting for us." We walked to Betty's Office and her receptionist told us to go on in. Betty seated us and told Sam I had gotten all the evidence she needed to get her a fast divorce. Sam looked at me. "So fast?"

"Honey this guy is damned good. I know of none better. Listen, I am a little hungry, why don't we let Tommy go get us lunch while we talk."

Sam smiled at me, "I am hungry, just surprise me."

Betty said, "Hey, that's a good idea, I'll have the same thing." I got up and left.

Half an hour later I was back with three small bags. We moved to a seating arrangement of a table with chairs. They opened their bags to find everyone had a mixed seafood salad. It was pretty damned good.

When we were through and everything was cleaned up, Betty said, "Tommy, I am going to ask you to look after Sam for a few days until I have a meeting with her husband. Can you put Sam and her mother and father up where they won't be found? I would do it but my new husband and I are living in my one bedroom place while our house is being built."

"I know the perfect place, they will enjoy it. I wonder if Sam can come to work with me and help me get caught up on my paperwork. She is so fast at it you wouldn't believe it."

"I don't think that would be a problem. I'll try and get this done as fast as I can."

We got Sam's parents squared away in a Bed and Breakfast and got Sam a room there too. It was only twenty minutes away and the owners were friends of mine. I didn't try to see Sam that night. I really wanted to be with her but I didn't want to rush her.

I was at my desk the next morning when the door opened and Fred Douglas walked in. I got up and stepped from behind my desk.

"I just wanted to take a look at the cocksucker who is screwing up my life. I may just kick the shit out of you."

"Douglas, I don't think you can do it, but you are the one who screwed up your life, not me."

He shot a leg kick at me. I easily stepped aside and gently pulled him in the direction of the kick. I twisted his right arm behind his back and applied finger pressure to the point between his neck and shoulder. He dropped like rock to the floor. I stepped back. He struggled to his feet. He shook his head, "What did you do to me? I know you didn't hit me. I know I missed with my kick, then I lost my balance."

"I didn't hit you, you fell down. You look as if you had a bad night, please sit down." He dusted himself off and I all most laughed because I knew what he would try. He used the dusting motion to get set up for a backhand karate chop at my throat. When it came I went under the chop and pulled the arm behind his back again and put him out again.

He got back to his feet. I smiled, "Watch it the floor is very slippery here."

He stared at me. I looked him in the eye, "Be careful, one more slip could injure you badly. Would you like to see? I gently tapped him on the nose, on his chest and jabbed him lightly in the ribs. He never saw any of them coming. He froze.

"Shit, you are damned good. You could have really hurt me if you wanted to, right?"

"Yep, you appear to have a rudimentary understanding of Karate. You evidently didn't learn the basic tenants of the sport. Go back to page one, regarding the uses of martial arts. It may save your life. Sit down, please and tell me your problem."

"Someone got some tapes of me and gave them to the lawyer a couple doors down. My wife wants a divorce now and she has me by the balls."

"What made you think it was me?"

"I saw the report on her desk. Then there was a stack of your cards at the reception desk, I took one."

"You are right, I did the investigation of you. Anyone could do it. Would you like to read what I wrote?"

"I sure would."

I handed him a copy of my report to Betty, including my recommendations. He read it carefully. He looked at me. I asked, "Any questions?"

He shook his head, "No, I never thought of what a risk I was putting her at. She is way too good for me."

"Can you or will you give up your life style with the T-Girls?"

He stared at the wall. "No, I don't think I can."

"Then, if you have, or have ever had, any feelings for the girl, save her life. Give her a divorce and never see her again."

He looked into my eyes, "Yeah, I need to save her alright, I'll go back and sign the papers."

"I'll walk back over there with you." I patted his shoulder and assured him he was doing the right thing as we walked back to Betty's office. Betty's secretary looked surprised to see us together and picked up a phone and said we were there. She motioned us in.

12