Tommy - A Life Pt. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
RolandQ
RolandQ
71 Followers

Tommy, Thor, and Ben sat distractedly through the evening until Thor suggested that they go to bed. Tommy and Thor settled Ben into his bed in his room, then went to bed themselves. They communicated their emotions and sadness through touch and gave in to sleep.

At some time during the night, Tommy heard the bedroom door open. A small form crossed the space and climbed over the footboard into the bed between them. It was then that Ben let loose the tides of emotion brought by the death of his mother. Tommy and Thor comforted as they could. Tommy got up to get the boy a drink of water and returned to find him at last asleep, snuggled against Thor. Tommy got into the bed completing the envelope of care.

Ben slept late into the morning. This gave Tommy and Thor an opportunity to set the funeral arrangements in motion. All the plans had been completed by Elaine and her attorney some months before. Elaine was to be buried in a family plot in the rural town where she had lived. She owned a small house there that had been Ben's home. The attorney indicated that he had arranged for it to be sold. They could stop by the house for any personal items or mementos they wished to keep for Ben. The rest would be sold at auction and proceeds turned over as a contribution to Ben's care.

Thor called Bobby at the gym and told him of Elaine's death. Tommy notified the university that he would need a few days to deal with matters related to Elaine's death and his new charge of Ben.

Two days later they traveled by hired car to the funeral home. Tommy went into the funeral director's office to finish a few details. When he came out, he was surprised to see the chapel filling with people. There were the Hopkins's, Bobby and Billy, many of the regulars at the gym, the entire literature department and staff. Even Piggy showed up, late and disheveled, but he was there.

A tall, thin, rigid man introduced himself as Elaine's pastor. His face might have been kindly, but greeted Tommy and Thor coldly, with an air of disapproval. "You are the guardians? Perhaps our community could find a more suitable home for the boy, not exposed to improper goings on."

Tommy looked around the room. Here, too was a community. A community of concern and care, mostly men, mostly gay, and all there. A community that had closed around this boy in his hour of need, supporting Tommy and Thor. "It was his mother's wish that he be entrusted to me and my partner." He took Thor's hand, "No one could care for him better."

The ceremony was to be held at the graveside. Tommy watched with pride as his friends gathered, a testament to their generosity, kindness, and concern. Only a few people from the town arrived. They spoke among themselves about this gathering from the city. The pastor said the fewest words possible. Ben's mother was respectfully buried.

After the ceremony, Thor and Tommy took Ben to his former home. It was a small house, sparsely furnished. Tommy reasoned that Elaine's resources had been consumed in fighting her illness. Ben led them through the house. He picked out some things to bring with him. Tommy collected all the photographs and albums he found. These would be Ben's only connection to his past. He took from the wall a large wedding photograph of Elaine and her husband. How very sad this family had come to this end.

They gathered the things into a box and returned to the car. The ride back to the city was quiet, only a few bits of conversation along the way. Billy had arranged with the Hopkins's for a buffet meal and had invited everyone who had attended the funeral. It was served with the customary perfection in Tommy's dining room. Tommy was grateful for this caring gesture. It reinforced the closeness of the group of friends.

Ben spent the night with Tommy and Thor again. By morning, the mood tolerated at little tickling and teasing. Thor lifted Ben off the bed. "Why don't you see if Mrs. Hopkins has something for breakfast?"

Ben gave Thor an exaggerated wink. "I see, you want to be alone. That's cool, but next time, just say so. I'm ten, remember? I know what goes on." He hopped out of the room.

"Well, no secrets there." Thor concluded. He rolled over and grabbed hold of Tommy and held him tightly. "I've needed to do that for days. It just didn't seem right. But I think its time now. Make love to me Tommy. We've got to start our life as a family. And that starts by telling you that I love you. Then making love. Then showing that boy that his life goes on. Now then, about the I love you part."

They lost themselves in each other's satisfaction, exchanging healing loving. They were enjoying the after glow of lovemaking when a not so discrete knock came at the door. "Hey, you guys done yet? Mrs. Hopkins has breakfast ready and said you'd better come and get it while it's hot. Jeez, lovebirds."

Laughter burst from them both as they exchanged looks of wonder at this new member of what was now a family.

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE: School Moms

Tommy was working in his study when the bell for the street door rang. Hopkins had accompanied Mrs. Hopkins for some extensive shopping, so he knew that he would need to answer the intercom.

"Yes?"

"I'm Fran Smith, the mother of one of Ben's friends from school."

"Of course, Ben has mentioned Ken. I'll buzz you in. We're on the top floor."

Tommy made a quick dash to the sitting room to make sure everything was in order. A glance showed that Hopkins had set things right before going out. Tommy heard the approaching footsteps and met Fran Smith at the top of the stairs.

"I'm sorry to drop by, but I was on the street and thought it would be a chance to meet you and follow up on Ken's request to visit with Ben."

"I'm Tommy, Ben's father. Do come in to the sitting room." She followed him into the room, observing every detail.

"I hope I'm not disturbing you."

"Oh not at all. I was just reading some term papers. I teach at the university. I work at home when I can. Ben has said he'd like to get together with Ken after school. I'm pleased that he's made a friend so quickly after moving here. I appreciate your coming over. I'm afraid I should have made the effort to meet you and help set things up."

"I hate to be paranoid, but I do check to make sure I know something about Ken's friends and where they live."

"I'm afraid I'm rather new to parenting. It seems a good idea. Can I get you something to drink? Tea?"

"Tea would be nice, thank you." She followed Tommy through the dining room into the small kitchen, still observing.

"Shall we sit at the table here?" Tommy set the teapot and cups on the dining room table.

"You said you were new to parenting. I don't understand." Fran posed.

"Ah. Well it's a complicated story. Ben just came into my life a few months ago, when he moved here. His mother died quite suddenly."

"Your wife?"

"This is all rather personal and as I said it's all quite recent."

They were sitting a moment in an awkward silence when a loud voice boomed up the stairwell, "Tommy, get your sweet ass into that bed." Heavy steps raced up the stairs. "Come on, baby, I can't live without you for another minute. Let's fuck."

Thor burst into the sitting room looking for Tommy. He turned and looked into the dining room. His jaw dropped. He blushed from the top of his head to his toes. "Ohmygod, I'm sorry, I didn't know anyone else was here."

"This, Fran, is my partner, Thor. Thor, this is Ben's classmates' mother. She stopped by to make sure it would be ok for Ben and her Ken to play together. We've been going through big changes and I'm afraid we miss our private time together."

Fran sat erect in the chair, looking from Tommy to Thor. As she stood, she said, "I'll not keep you."

"If you'll let me, I'd like to explain. I don't want anything to interfere with Ben's friendships."

The woman looked nervously about her. Thor had slumped into a chair in the sitting room, his head in his hands.

"While I am Ben's father, he was conceived in a surrogate father program. His mother's husband could not have children. Ben's family had all died and his mother searched me out rather than have him be an orphan. My partner, Thor, and I agreed to raise him. We are his legal guardians. We want Ben's life to be as full and complete as we can make it."

"You mean you two are, uh, together?"

"I think you might have guessed that from the comments you could not help from overhearing. Yes we are a couple, partners, lovers, however you want to phrase it. I sincerely hope you don't see that as a problem to our sons' friendship. As I said, we're still figuring things out as parents."

"I'm so sorry, Mrs. uh..." Thor said, coming into the dining room. "We never, I never say anything, you know, around the boy. I thought Tommy was here alone."

"Fran, our relationship is completely open to Ben. It was acceptable to his mother. We've been together over ten years."

Fran sat visibly working over this information in here mind. "I don't know how comfortable I am with this kind of household. I came expecting to ask Ben's mother to join the other mothers in helping out in the classroom and with class trips."

"Sure, we'll help." Thor volunteered.

Fran was even more uncomfortable as she looked over the large, muscular man. "This is all so very different than other households."

"Not really," Tommy defended. "We get up, brush our teeth, get dressed, have breakfast, go to school and work, then come back in the evening for dinner and bed. We're a new household, but we're a loving household. And we're all Ben's got. Please think about the boys."

"I'm thinking about my own son, first." The woman walked out the door as Tommy and Thor looked at each other.

***

"Oh, Tommy, I'm so sorry. I didn't know. I've fucked it up again." Thor was desolate.

Tommy walked over and took him in his arms. "It would have come out anyway. It shouldn't matter, but I guess we'll have to do what we can for Ben's sake."

Tommy kissed Thor. "Anyway, I was pretty flattered that you wanted to make love so desperately. Come on, there's still time before Ben comes home - and he's smart enough to knock first," Tommy chided.

Tommy dragged Thor toward the bedroom. "I do love you, Tommy," Thor said sheepishly.

"Then off with these clothes and into that bed," Tommy ordered. Thor obeyed. He lay down, his embarrassed genitals shrunken. Tommy rolled him onto his back and sucked Thor's still small cock into his mouth. Thor eased into the bed, feeling the pleasure of Tommy's mouth, feeling his cock respond, filling then overflowing Tommy's mouth.

Tommy tried to keep Thor's cock in his mouth, but it kept swelling and lengthening until he had to back off.

"Oh, Tommy, that is divine."

"I had to act fast while I still had a chance. It's a rare day I can suck all of you. Oh baby, come on, let's fuck. Isn't that why you came home?"

"Yeah, I wanted, want, to make love to you. To show you how I feel about you."

"Come on then, Thor, make love to me. I want you, too."

Thor's first moves were tentative. Tommy reached back and lubed Thor's hard cock and pressed the head against his ass. Thor was gentle, easing into Tommy. Tommy pushed back, hungrily, taking more cock, encouraging higher passion. Thor fell under the spell of their lovemaking and became bold, seeking to pleasure Tommy as he stroked in and out of his ass. The pressure on Tommy's prostate had started him leaking pre-cum and became more intense with each of Thor's thrusts, the thickness of Thor's cock applying tremendous pressure. Thor pumped harder, deeper. Tommy felt his abdomen go numb with the fucking until suddenly he felt his orgasm gush from his cock. Thor kept thrusting, holding onto Tommy's bucking ass until he let go his own orgasm, flooding Tommy's ass.

They collapsed onto the bed. Thor clung to Tommy, both breathing heavily. "Yeah baby, that's what I wanted."

"Me, too."

As they drowsed in each other's arms, a knock came at the bedroom door. A moment later, Ben's head peaked around the door. "Hi. I'm home. Why are you guys in bed? "

Tommy leaned over and kissed Thor.

"Oh, love stuff," said the boy. "My mom was always alone, but she loved watching those romantic movies - no fights or anything good. I'm going to go see Mrs. Hopkins, I'm hungry." They heard his footsteps on the stairs.

"So, what about Ben's friend?" Thor asked.

"I guess we need to get involved in the school and show them the wonderful family we're trying to be. I didn't live with my parents and I turned out alright," Tommy asserted.

Thor reached under the blankets to grab Tommy's cock and balls. "Yup, you turned out just fine. Yum, I love you."

***

One of the many papers Ben brought home from school later that week was an invitation for all 'mothers' to come to class to organize school activities. "Here's our chance," Tommy told Thor.

They both cleared their schedules for the meeting time on Friday of that week.

They went into the school, stopping at the principal's office. Tommy had met the principal briefly on the day he had registered Ben. The principal, a large, bluff man, stood to greet him.

"Mr. James, this is my partner Thor Johanson, also Ben's guardian," Tommy introduced.

Mr. James' eyebrows rose on his head in surprise, but he extended his hand.

"We're attending the class activity meeting in Mrs. Berg's class," Tommy explained.

Mr. James escorted them to the classroom, promising to keep an eye out for Ben as he transitioned into the new school. As he opened the classroom door, he muttered half to himself,

"This I gotta see."

He gestured for Tommy and Thor to enter. The students were all in their seats, with Mrs. Berg, the teacher, at the head of the room. In the back, a clutch of women stood whispering. All talk and noise stopped as Tommy and Thor entered the room. Tommy recognized Fran among the women. He offered a small wave of greeting. Tommy, in reply to Mrs. Berg's questioning glance, said, "Hi, we're Ben's parents."

Tommy saw Fran give an affirmative nod to the women gathered around her. He walked toward the group, wearing his best friendly smile. He looked back to make sure Thor was following. Thor, a large man in any space, looked enormous in the room designed for children. Every child's eyes looked up at him as he towered over the room.

Ben ventured, "Hi Thor." Thor waved back, then followed Tommy toward the women.

"I think you men can take care of yourselves," Mr. James offered with a chuckle. He turned and left the room.

"Children, your mothers and uh, well parents, are here to help us organize class activities. Please get out your reading books and do today's assignment while we get organized," the teacher directed. Every child took out his book, but all heads craned around to follow the scene of tension at the back of the classroom.

"For those of you who are new, I'm Mrs. Berg," the teacher explained in her classroom voice. "We need help with some in-classroom activities and field trips. I'd also like to have a special party of some kind to serve as a reward for special effort by the class. I've found that it can serve to foster cooperation among the students."

The women, all of whom had worked together in past years quickly took on assignments and made arrangements. Tommy and Thor stood by, unsure of how to offer help.

"Now about the party..." Mrs. Berg began.

Thor interrupted. "I've just put in a full size basketball court at my gym. We could have all the kids come play some games, basketball, have refreshments. It's only a few blocks from the school."

All eyes turned toward Thor. Several of the children cheered. The mother's scowled. Tommy looked with love. Mrs. Berg announced that it would be a 'fine idea. Physical activity was so very important.'

The planning being done, the meeting broke up. The women moved off in a clump. Tommy and Thor followed at a distance.

Ben had become the center of attention with questions about how his parents had a gym with a basketball court. That was so 'neat.' Ben waved as Tommy and Thor went out the door.

The women had gathered outside the school door and were talking feverishly. As Tommy and Thor came through the door, Fran stepped forward. "I don't know how this is going to work out, but it looks like you're in for the toughest assignment. Welcome to the Room Mothers. Maybe now we can get some of the other father's involved."

Tommy felt Thor's hand on his shoulder - chastely - as they began to leave. Fran spoke up again,

"Maybe Ben could come to our house tomorrow afternoon? I'll call with directions."

Thor's hand squeezed Tommy's shoulders and they smiled at each other. Another challenge met.

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO: Ben Grows Up

The next years flew by. Tommy became a tenured professor, on a track to head the department. Offers from other universities were considered and turned down in light of Thor's commitments to his business with the gym, their friends and community and stability for Ben. Thor's gym, now wholly taken over from Mike, prospered and became a noted athletic facility and cornerstone of the gay community.

And Ben, Ben grew up in the loving care of Tommy, Thor and the Hopkins. If asked, Tommy could not have recalled when it had happened. The thin, shy boy had gotten taller, stronger, hairier. Ben had the advantage of Thor's gym and training support by Thor himself. He had become a very handsome young man. Every then and again, Tommy would look across the dining table and seeing Ben, realize the different person he was becoming, had become.

Then one day it happened. The phone rang and a girl's voice asked to speak to Ben. Tommy handed over the phone with a questioning eyebrow, then retreated from the room to give Ben privacy. Later at dinner, Tommy could resist his curiosity no longer. "Ben, who called earlier?"

"Amy."

Thor now raised his eyebrows. "A girl?"

"Yeah, she's a girl."

"From school?"

"Yeah, from school."

"So, uh, is this something we should talk about?"

Ben began to quake with amusement. "If you two aren't the silliest things. I get one phone call from a girl and you're both in terror. Well relax. She's not the first girl I've talked to. And I think she's pretty cool. Other kids have been dating for years, I just never thought about it before, but she asked me to go to a movie on Friday. Is that alright?"

"Yes, well, uh, certainly," Tommy stumbled.

Later that night while in bed, Thor took Tommy in his arms. "It seems he's growing up. I never really thought about Ben being old enough for girls and dates and stuff, but he sure is. How do you feel about it?"

"Thor, I didn't realize it was happening, Ben growing up. Life was going along and taking me, us with it. Ben was my little boy. He appeared suddenly and changed our lives. And now he's starting to leave us. It makes me sad and proud. I really like Ben, not because I'm his father, but as a person."

Thor picked up the theme, "Yes, Ben's a fine boy. I'm thinking this dating stuff may be harder on us than it is for him."

***

Friday arrived. "Ben, what's the plan for the movie?" Tommy asked with an effort that surprised him.

"Oh, Amy's meeting me here. We'll walk over to the Broad Street Cinema."

"Will you ask her in?"

"Sure. I think she's curious about where I live. She lives in those apartments beyond the University."

Ben seemed to spend an unusual amount of time getting ready. Tommy could here the shower running even longer than usual. Thor came home early from the gym and joined Tommy waiting nervously in the sitting room. Tommy poured some wine for them both. Ben appeared in the doorway, and leaned against the frame. "Are you two nervous or something?" he teased. The doorbell rang and Ben raced down the stairs. Tommy could hear him shooing Hopkins from the door, answering it himself. "This is Hopkins and Mrs. Hopkins." Ben was introducing the girl.

RolandQ
RolandQ
71 Followers