Tom's Sweet Homecoming

Story Info
Returning home to face the love he had run from.
3.7k words
4.39
28.3k
29
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sara stood in the cold shivering. She should have known that Carrie would be late, despite the promises, and the dress she was wearing wasn't enough to keep the cold out even though, by some standards it would be considered frumpy. She hadn't even wanted to come to the party, the least Carrie could do was turn up so she didn't have to stand out in the cold. As she thought this she spotted her best friend rushing along the street, her heels high enough that Sara expected her to break an ankle any minute.

"You look so cute," Carrie said as she swept her up in a hug. "It's really NOT my fault this time," she laughed "The cab broke down a few streets away."

"Yeah yeah, let's just get inside so I can thaw out."

"Really Sara, you have got to learn to relax. Where'd you get the dress?" Carrie was already running her fingers over the sleeve.

Sara tried to remember, "Some vintage place I think, I was with Debbie when I got it, maybe she'll remember."

Shaking her head Carrie laughed again. She was always so amused by her friends' scatterbrain.

"How are you the wishy washy, disorganised one, but I'm always the late one?"

Sara grinned back at her. "We almost make one whole, completely organised person. Let's get married. We could go now, elope. I'll treat you like a princess."

Too late, she thought as Carrie started dragging her down the hallway. "Carrie, I love you, you know I do, so why do you make me come to these parties?"

Rolling her eyes at this frequent argument she replied "Because I love you too, and that's why I want everyone else to see how amazing you are. And because there will be hot guys, and we deserve them."

The door opened at that, a small pretty brunette smiling at them. "Where the hell have you guys been?" Debbie shouted over the noise.

Sara pointed at Carrie and shrugged, "Look I'm here and if I'm going to stay I need a drink." Wandering off towards the kitchen she didn't notice Debs and Carrie exchanging glances.

"Oh, shit, I forgot to mention that Dan is here," Debbie said worriedly, looking around. "Or at least he was."

"Probably off banging some chick in the toilet," Carrie replied just as Sara came back with drinks.

"Who is banging who in the toilet?" She asked, looking between them quizzically.

"Oh no one," Carrie rushed in cheerfully before Debbie could speak. "Let's dance."

An hour later, Sara's feet were killing and her voice was hoarse from screaming over the music. She was surprised that the neighbours hadn't called the police about the noise, but she was actually having a good time. Carrie had disappeared, and she spotted Debs in the corner, lip locked with some guy she didn't recognise, so she went to grab another drink.

Wandering over to the balcony for some air, she spotted him. She hadn't seen him in a year, and as she stood, her eyes taking in the small changes in his profile, he turned and looked right at her. Her breath caught as she saw him breakaway from the guys he was talking to and start towards her. Just as she was about to move, a hand grabbed her and spun her around.

She pulled free as she saw it was Dan. "Get off me; you have no right putting your hands on me." She said shortly as she pushed him away.

"Sara, come on. You're not still mad at me are you? I thought we could be friends." His fingers were running down her arm as she stood silently fuming, shocked by his nerve. "Special friends. Come on it's been weeks, you know we were good together."

Carrie lowered her voice, but the tone was steely and final. "Dan, I don't want to be friends with you. I don't want to talk to you. I don't even want to breathe the same air as you. Leave me alone."

As she started to walk away, his hand came out and grabbed her, harder than he'd meant to, but he wasn't done.

A voice came from behind them, low and dangerous. She felt the chill of it brush over her "I don't think she wants to talk to you friend. Let the lady go."

"Mind your own business" Dan replied.

Sara looked over and saw Tom tense. Pulling her arm away from Dan, she walked to him and put her hand on Tom's, gesturing him to the balcony.

"It's over Dan, don't talk to me again!" she shouted over her shoulder as she and Tom walked out and closed the balcony doors behind them.

Tom looked down at her. He always forgot how small she was when he hadn't seen her for a while. He put his hands on the railing and looked out over the city "Did he hurt you?" he asked. His voice was mild, but Sara had seen his temper fire up before, and he was the last person she wanted to get into trouble on her account.

"No, he annoyed me, but I'm fine. When did you get back?" She asked.

He still wouldn't look at her. He'd been back less than a week and one sight of her had made him weak. That urge to protect her had always been so strong. It had been one of the reasons he had enlisted, hoping that being away from her would help him get over her. He saw now how foolish that had been.

"I got back a week ago. I'm here for a few more before I head back out to do some training."

Sara sighed. When he'd first left, she'd missed him miserably. He'd been her best friend for so long, but he hadn't told her, hadn't told anyone what he had planned to do.

"You never told me you were coming back. Just like you never told me you were leaving. What did I do Tom? I thought we were friends." Her eyes were filling with tears, which made her furious enough that she almost missed his reply.

"I couldn't tell you I was leaving. You wouldn't have wanted me to go, and I couldn't stay."

Wrapping her arms around herself Sara stared out over the city, "You left me, alone." Her voice, barely a whisper, almost broke at the last.

He turned to look at her then, finally, his heart breaking as he saw how hurt and fragile she looked. "You had Carrie, and Debs. You had your family."

"I didn't have YOU!" she shouted, suddenly more furious at herself than at him as she rushed back into the party.

Carrie grabbed her as she reached the door, "Hey. Where are you going? I thought we were going to sleep at my place." she asked.

"No, I need to go home. I'll call you tomorrow," Sara replied, brushing her off.

Carrie looked worried, her frown increasing as she spotted Tom.

"What did you say to her?" She demanded as he reached her.

Tom sighed. He'd known they would be at the party, but he'd expected them to be happy to see him. He hadn't imagined handling it so badly. "I didn't say anything. But I need to."

Carrie blocked his way, "Tom. She's hurting right now. If you upset her any more I swear I'll hurt you."

Leaning in, he kissed her cheek, "I can't make any promises. But you know I'd never hurt her on purpose."

Softening at the look in his eyes, she hugged him. "No, it wouldn't be on purpose. But hurt is hurt. It's good to see you," she said as she stepped out of the way.

He found her by the river. He'd known he would. She stood shivering as she sat and stared into the water. The sound of it was always endlessly soothing to her. He wrapped his jacket around her shoulders as h sat down beside her, not speaking for a minute as he took in the peacefulness of the moment.

"I'm sorry Sara. I had to get away from here. I should have told you, but I thought it would be easier..."

"To just leave without a word?" she interrupted. "To not have to face what you were leaving behind? It was cowardly and it was cruel."

He looked over at her, she was still shivering and he was beginning to realise how cold it was. "You're right. It was both of those things. I wish I could change what I did Sara. But the result would have been the same. I needed to do it."

Hearing a small sob come from her, he pulled her to him, alarmed. "You could have been killed," She said, pulling away from him.

He stared at her horrified. Is that what she'd thought? He'd needed to have the distance so he hadn't written to her for months. She hadn't replied. Now he was beginning to understand why.

"Sara..." "Don't," she hissed. "You're alive. You're back. I'm happy for you. But don't." She threw his jacket at him and began to walk away.

"Sara wait!" He grabbed her arm, surprised when her fist came around and connected with his jaw.

"I've had just about enough of men grabbing at me tonight." She said, vibrating with anger. Seeing the barb hit home as he stepped back, she felt a small prick of shame. She knew he would never hurt her.

"At least let me walk you home. We don't have to talk. But I want to make sure you're safe."

Nodding, she started to walk again. She could start a conversation; of course she was curious about how things had been and how he was. She could see the physical changes, his hair was shorter, his body seemed more solid, and he held himself differently. But there was more. His manner had changed. He seemed more apart from people than he had ever been before. She wanted to just hold him and tell him it was ok, that they were ok. But the hurt was so fresh; the pain at his desertion had almost broken her.

When they reached her apartment she turned to him, "I really am glad you're ok Tom."

He smiled, and for a minute he was her Tom again. That smile he only ever seemed to give to her, and her heart ached so much she thought it would break.

They stood there for a minute, frozen, neither daring to move. Suddenly she heard him whisper, "Damn it," as his arms came around her and he crushed his mouth to hers.

Surprised, she kissed him back, he still smelled exactly as she remembered, his scent filling her senses as his tongue teased her lips apart and found hers. He pulled away just as suddenly. They stood there for a moment, breathing ragged until she finally spoke.

"Come up for coffee, we need to talk."

Tom nodded and followed her in. She'd moved into the apartment after he left, but it was just like her. Charming and mismatched. A fascinating combination of things that she liked and he felt at home there right away.

She smiled as she sat beside him and handed him his drink. "So, what happened out there?" She asked.

He smiled back at her, "Well, I think what happened is that I kissed you."

Sara rolled her eyes, watching him as she sipped her drink. "What I mean is, why did you kiss me?"

"It could be because I've wanted to do it for just about forever."

He grinned as the flush bloomed on her cheeks, reaching over and placing their cups on the nearby table. She was watching him warily; he understood and tried to ignore the little fear that she might push him away, out of her life if he did what he needed to do now. But he had to take the risk. There was no more running away from her, he'd known that when he came back. If he was honest with himself, it was why he'd come back.

He'd spent a year trying to forget about her, trying to get over her, but it was useless. He had to know once and for all.

"I love you Sara. I always have. I couldn't stay here and be your friend anymore. I couldn't watch you dating guys that weren't me. I couldn't watch you fall in love and get married. I couldn't watch while someone else gave you the life I wanted us to have. So I left. I left to get over you. I left so I didn't have to watch. I left because I love you, and being away from you was better than losing you by telling you this.

"But I didn't get over you. And I don't think I can. Not until I know for sure that you don't feel the same. So I'm asking you Sara. Do you, could you ever love me?"

She was speechless. The last thing she had ever envisaged being the reason for him leaving was this. But she was looking into his eyes and she knew. She knew that not only was he telling the truth, but that she did, and always had felt exactly the same. Leaning in, she pressed her lips to his again, softly, nerves making her hesitant until his arms came around her and pulled her against him.

They stayed locked together on the couch, exploring one another's mouths, their tastes, his hands lightly skimming along her sides as he held her to him. He didn't want to break the kiss, didn't want to pull away from her even for a second but her soft moan undid him.

Both were a little breathless as they stared into one anothers eyes, his fingers were still trailing softly along her arm, making her smile. He wanted to just take her right there, but she looked so sweetly innocent and he knew she deserved better than that, so he stood, taking her hand and following as she led him to the bedroom.

He could sense her nerves as they stood at the foot of the bed, and was surprised to feel them himself. All the years of wanting her coming to end, he could finally be with her, but he was scared to touch her, scared to hurt or disappoint her. He knew it wasn't fair to make her be the one to make the move again, so he moved to her, kissing her softly. His fingers traced along her shoulders, following the neckline of her dress as his lips moved to take their place. Her soft sighs built his confidence. He wanted to make this perfect for her. He wouldn't be able to bear it if she regretted being with him.

She stood as he reached to unzip her dress, her breath catching as he slid it slowly down her body. He could see goosebumps rising on her skin, she looked so pale and fragile, but he knew how tough she was, she might bruise, but she wouldn't break. He'd always been fascinated by that stubborn fierceness in her, so in contrast with her looks. It had always amused him to see her so underestimated and then come out on top, even when it was he that was beaten. He smiled at the memories as the dress pooled at her feet.

Sara made no efforts to step out of it, she just stood, watching him, her breathing becoming a little erratic as he reached back to her bra, barely suppressing a groan as he freed her breasts. His thumbs brushed over her hard nipples and he felt the shudder run through her as she gasped. He couldn't take anymore, her scent was intoxicating and he was uncomfortably hard now. Her hands brushed his aside as he started to unbutton his shirt.

"Let me," she whispered softly, her fingers tackling them quickly and sliding the shirt off of him.

She went to work on his jeans next and soon they were both stood in just their underwear. Her eyes locked on his as she slid her fingers into her panties and pushes them down her legs; finally she stepped out and away from her clothing, never leaving his gaze as she lay on the bed. He hurriedly rid himself of his boxers, taking pleasure in the way her eyes widened at the sight of his erection.

As he joined her on the bed, he pulled her into another deep kiss. He didn't want to rush, but he was lost in her, he needed to feel her, taste her, pleasure her. He broke the kiss as his hands continued to explore her body. Her skin was so soft, his fingers lightly tracing down over her stomach. He smiled, feeling her quiver as he circled over sensitive areas. Her breath catching as he whispered her name and his lips began a slow trail in pursuit of his fingers.

Every soft moan and sharp intake of breath heated his blood. His mouth found her nipple and he gently began to tease it harder with his tongue, biting it gently. He was surprised to hear her moan, "harder," but happily obliged as he tugged it between his teeth. By this time his fingers had travelled over her pubis and into the neat covering of hair to slide between her lips. She was so wet already that he moaned against her breast, her own moans merging with his as she lifted her hips and arched her back.

Tom was throbbing with need, his cock painfully hard, but he wanted so badly to give, that he ignored the desire to just plunge into her. Instead, his mouth trailed quickly down her body, two fingers slipping into her as his tongue finally flicked over her swollen clit. Her hips bucked as he wrapped his lips over the hard nub, his tongue lashing at her as she squirmed and whimpered. His fingers curled inside of her, grazing over her g-spot as his free hand lightly pressed against her pubis, he rolled them as he slid in and out of her, her taste filling his mouth as he sucked and teased her clit.

Sara's moans were like music to him, her groans coming louder, faster as her body writhed wildly beneath him. He could feel her getting wetter as he dragged his tongue along her slit, moaning at the taste of her arousal. She whimpered, drawing him back to her clit and he knew how close she was. His fingers kept pumping into her, keeping the gentle pressure on her g-spot as his tongue lashed over her clit faster, sucking harder.

Her body tightened for an instant before she cried out, his name a low groan from her lips as she shattered. Her orgasm sent spasms through her as he continued to indulge himself in her. Her juices coated his hand and lower face as he ran his tongue over her again, always flicking back over her clit until she begged him to stop, telling him it was too much as her body trembled and slowly came down from the overwhelming sensation.

Smiling, Tom moved back up beside her, planting a soft kiss to her breast before pulling her close and holding her until her shudders subsided. They shared a long, deep kiss, her tongue teasing along his lips as she tasted herself on them. He jerked as he felt her small hand wrapping around him. She stroked him softly, her hand sliding along the length of him as the kiss became more intense.

Tom couldn't wait any longer. Laying her back down, he let her guide him as he slid between her legs. She smiled as his eyes came back to hers; wanting to remember how she looked the first time he slid into her. Teasing the head of his cock along her, he felt her juices coating him, and making sure he was well lubricated, he pressed into her, just gently opening her around him. He groaned as he felt her, so hot and wet, wrapping around him tightly and his name escaped her lips on a sigh,

Fighting the urge to just plunge, he slowly slid, inch by inch, watching her eyes go cloudy as they moaned in unison. Her fingers dug into his shoulders as her legs came around him, her hips slightly elevating and allowing him to slide deep until he was enveloped in her tight walls. He lay there, unmoving for a minute, resting his forehead against hers as his eyes closed. He was so overcome with pleasure, he wasn't sure he could last long, but as her fingers began to trace lightly over his back he began to move slowly, his cock sliding out and back into her. He started to build up a slow rhythm, her hips moving to meet his as his lips pressed to hers. They kissed long and slowly, moaning against one anothers mouths as their tongues entwined.

Wrapped up in each other, so attuned, they began to increase pace, his thrusts becoming faster and harder, her hips rising and falling to meet the thrusts. Tom slid his hand between them to rub gently at her clit, delighting in the way she trembled and tightened around him. His lips ran along her jaw and he buried his face into her neck as she held him close against her. He could feel her heart hammering against her chest, knowing his was beating just as hard as he plunged into her, lost in her completely.

Continuing to tease her clit, Tom felt it swell as he rubbed her wetness over it, her moans becoming more desperate. He wanted her to cum for him again, to feel her release around him as he buried himself in her, knowing he couldn't hold on much longer himself. Her strangled gasp urging him to rub her faster as his cock relentlessly slid home in her.

"Cum for me baby," he said, just as she groaned, "I am."

She clamped around him, his cock buried completely in her as every spasm had her pulsing around him, he groaned. He couldn't take any more, he kissed her hard as he let go, emptying himself into her as her body still shuddered from her own climax.

They lay there for a while, entwined together, kissing softly, neither wanting to break the spell by speaking. Finally he looked up into her eyes, seeing no regrets, he relaxed. They drifted off into sleep, secure in the fact that this was just their beginning.