Tom's Trial

Story Info
His step-daughter has her eye on his fidelity.
5.9k words
4.44
131.2k
129
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
AJ_Watson
AJ_Watson
169 Followers

Author's note : First, I hope you enjoy reading this. I'm very interested in any feedback anyone has for me so please leave a comment or get in touch with any thoughts you have on what is good and what could be done better. All votes and comments are much appreciated.

*

Tom drummed his fingers absent mindedly on the armrest of his seat. Cursing his luck he checked the time again. Somehow he felt he should have known that having offered to pick up his wife's daughter from the airport that her flight would inevitably be delayed.

Still, he thought, better me sitting here than Kate, she's got enough to stress her out as it is. The thought of his wife cheered him up as it always did.

They had found each other less than a year ago, both of them with failed marriages behind them and little hope ahead of them. Their paths crossed through work and from the first meeting there was a chemistry between them that kindled a thrilling few months where they rediscovered the joy of sharing their lives with someone. The days since he met her had been the best of his life.

Then, out of the blue, a few weeks ago Kate had received a takeover approach for her company. The money she stood to make from the deal would set them up for life, the opportunity was too good to refuse but came at the cost of a few months of frenetic meetings and negotiations. They knew the reward would be worthwhile but at times it seemed impossibly remote as the number of business trips and late nights increased. That was why tonight, when Kate was at home and had a free evening for the first time in weeks he had been happy to do the airport run and let her relax while she had the chance.

Her daughter, Claire, was returning from travelling around the world in a gap year of her studies. Consequently Tom had not met her before. Both having failed marriages, he and Kate had not had any desire for a lavish wedding and didn't feel they needed to wait on Claire coming home for the ceremony.

Tom perked up as he saw a swarm of people round the corner of the terminal. Getting to his feet he scanned the crowd and located the tired face of his step-daughter. She saw him thread his way towards her through the throng.

"Welcome home," he said, giving her a hug and a friendly smile.

"Thanks," she said, rubbing her dark eyes tiredly. "And thanks for sitting about to wait for me all night. I thought we would never get out of Prague, it was just one delay after another."

"No problem," he said, grabbing a bag in each hand and setting off toward the exit. "So how was your year around the world?"

The drive home passed by smoothly as Claire recounted various tales from her travels. Immediately before flying home she had criss-crossed various European cities, before that she had been in Egypt and Israel.

When they reached the house they found Kate had gone to bed early. Tom dumped Claire's suitcase in the hall, sank onto a sofa and stretched, muscles cramped from hours of sitting uncomfortably. Claire followed him in and headed to the kitchen.

"I need a drink to unwind a bit before I sleep," she said, peering over her shoulder at him. "Do you want one?"

"I better not," he said. "Early start tomorrow."

"I insist," she said, returning to the room with a couple of glasses and an uncorked bottle of wine. "You deserve it after wasting your evening."

"Alright then," he conceded. "Just one glass."

She poured two glasses and settled back into an armchair.

"I'm glad you two got together," she said. "Mum really needed a man in her life after all the years as a single parent."

"I'm glad too," he said. "Meeting your mother probably saved me from careering into a stereotypical mid life crisis."

Claire smirked knowingly. "How's she coping with the whole work takeover?"

Tom sighed. "She'll be fine when the deal is done but until then she''ll keep stressing herself over the details, wants to supervise everything herself and be everywhere at once."

"Maybe she's worried about letting go of the company, it's been her life for so long."

Tom shrugged and finished his glass. "Could be but when she closes the deal she'll be able to do what she likes, nothing to stop her starting up another one if she gets bored of a life of leisure."

Claire nodded and bent forward to refill his glass but Tom shook his head. "That's enough for me, I better get some sleep."

"Another glass wouldn't hurt," she said. "You've got plenty of time to sleep."

"I'm a terrible riser," said Tom, standing up. "Need all the sleep I can get, believe me."

Claire gave an acknowledging shrug. "Good night then."

"Good night."

* * *

Kate was busy cooking by the time Tom got back from work the next day. He walked into the kitchen and gave her a quick kiss.

"How was your day?" he asked, peering over her shoulder to see what she was cooking.

"Good, finally got Jones to agree to preserving all the supervisor jobs for 24 months. Boy can that man talk, I was on the phone for 3 hours. Food's just about done, can you set the table for me?"

"Sure, is Claire eating with us?"

"No, she's gone out to catch up with a friend," she said, dishing up two plates of chicken curry and moving to the table. "She seemed to think you were annoyed at having to wait for her last night."

Tom's fork paused on the way to his mouth.

"Really? Why?" he said.

"Said you shot off to bed and left her to it when you got in last night."

"Maybe I was grumpier than I thought," he said. "You know what I'm like in the morning, I wanted to get a good sleep in."

"I want you two to get on," Kate said wistfully. "We've never had a real family and I've always wanted her to have a father figure."

"I know," he said. "I'll apologise for being a grumpy old man."

Kate smiled wanly. "It's important to me."

"I know," he repeated, reaching across the table to squeeze her hand. "Tell you what, I'll phone her and offer to pick her up when she's on her way home to show I don't mind her being around."

Tom felt the butterflies in his stomach he still got every time a smile lit up Kate's face and thought playing chauffeur to her daughter was a small price to pay to get to see it.

"Thank you," she said.

* * *

Later that night Tom waited in his car for Claire to emerge from the bar she was in. After a few minutes she came out with a group of other young people, wearing a t-shirt at least three sizes too small for her. Waving to her friends, she sauntered over to the car and got in.

"How was your night?" he said as he drove off into the road.

"Fantastic, I didn't realise how much I'd missed everyone until now. I've met some fascinating people and had a lot of great times in the last year but it's just not the same as being around your old friends."

Tom glanced in the mirror as he turned into a side road.

"Planning on staying a while then?" he asked.

"Haven't decided yet," she said. "I don't want to be in the way."

"You wouldn't be, we'd both love to have you around. Speaking of which, your mother tells me I came across as annoyed last night. I really wasn't, just tired."

Claire gave him a sympathetic look. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have mentioned it, did she give you a hard time?"

"Nah, she's just anxious that we get on."

"It seems to me," she said with a grin. "In the interests of keeping her happy you'll just have to listen to me the next time I tell you to do something."

Tom laughed. "I'll keep that in mind."

* * *

Kate was wearing an uncharacteristically sour expression when Tom got home on Wednesday. Despite being single for many years he quickly picked up on the cold vibe coming his way.

"Brrrrr," he said. "Chilly in here."

Kate gave him a look that said "You're not six year old" but the corners of her mouth twitched upward slightly.

"Come on then," he said. "What did I do?"

Tom knew from bitter experience that avoiding problems was never a good idea and he made a conscious effort to always be open with Kate and tackle any issues as soon as they emerged.

"It's.. it's about Claire," she said at length.

"Really?" he asked, perplexed. "I thought I'd redeemed myself for my early to bed antics. She seemed happy enough when I picked her up last night."

"She showed me this," said Kate, handing him a mobile phone.

My pleasure. Wear more of those tight tops and I'll do it more often ;-)

Tom looked at it, nonplussed. Then he noticed the sender.

"I didn't send that!" he exclaimed.

"It's okay," said Kate.

"You don't understand," he said, frowning. "I really didn't send it."

"I'm not angry," she said. "I know you don't mean anything by it. I trust you. But Claire is young, she doesn't know how to deal with that sort of banter. Just speak to her and make sure she understands you were only being playful."

"Kate," he said softly. "I wouldn't lie to you."

"It's not about that," she said. "You know how much she means to me."

"I'll speak to her," he said at last.

Kate kissed him softly.

"Thank you."

Tom smiled as Kate's face regained its usual warmth but inside he was concerned. For the first time since had had met her, his wife didn't believe him.

* * *

It was early on Thursday morning when Tom saw Claire next. Ever since he'd seen that message he'd been in a foul mood. Claire clearly had issues but it was his wife's failure to believe him that troubled him.

"What the hell are you trying to do?" he asked, as she sauntered into the kitchen.

Claire turned to face him, hand on hip.

"Good morning to you too."

"I mean it Claire, what are you playing at?"

"You mean your little message?" she asked coyly.

"Yes!"

She looked at him with a deliberately fake, innocent expression.

"The one where you were naughty and flirted with me?"

"Ever since you came back here you've been trying to make trouble. I don't care what your problem is, just cut it out."

"It's only a bit of fun," she pouted. "Don't you enjoy having me stay with you guys?"

"On current evidence no, I don't."

"That's a shame," she said. "I'm planning on staying quite a while."

Tom decided this conversation wasn't going anywhere and decided to leave for work. She stepped in front of him as he got up from the table. Claire was a tall young woman, their eyes were about level.

"Aren't you gong to apologise to me for being so naughty?"

"Go to hell."

* * *

"You said you would apologise," said Kate.

Tom carefully held back a sigh. They never went down well.

"I said I'd talk to her and I did. We spoke this morning at breakfast."

"But you didn't tell her you were sorry."

"I've done nothing to be sorry about," he said. "I don't know how but she must have got her hands on my phone and send it to herself as a joke."

"Of course, she's the one at fault here."

"All I'm saying is I didn't send it, someone else must have done and she's the most obvious possibility."

"Tom, I told you I wasn't mad about it!" she said, emotion rising in her voice. "You know much I love her being here, I don't want her to feel unwelcome."

"Trust me, she doesn't."

Tom instantly realised he'd said the wrong thing.

"Oh no," she snarled. "Because you've gone out of your way to be accommodating. Just apologise!"

Kate stormed out and left a weary Tom to reflect on how complicated life had suddenly become.

* * *

He saw Claire again at breakfast. Tom had decided after sitting by himself with a scotch for a long time the night before that Claire was outmanoeuvring him.

Clearly Kate was prone to believing whatever she told her. Tom could understand that, when her husband had left it would have been a difficult time raising a child alone. Kate had probably spoilt Claire and been lenient with her as she'd grown up.

There was nothing to be gained by just stubbornly saying the daughter she idolised was manipulating her. Rather he would have to show Kate in irrefutable ways that Claire was not the golden child she saw her as. In the meantime he resolved to play along with Claire's games to avoid making the situation worse.

"Good morning," she chirped.

"Good morning Claire," he said, gritting his teeth. "Listen, I'd just like to apologise. Clearly we've got off on the wrong foot. That's my fault. I hope we can put that behind us and get on better."

"I'm glad to hear it," she said, smiling. "Can I get a hug?"

Tom hesitated but decided not to ruffle any feathers before he could work on his bid to show Kate her flaws. She leapt at him when he stood up, throwing her arms around his back and wrapping her long legs around behind him.

Her breasts compressed against his chest and Tom was sure he felt her nipples through the undersized t-shirt she was sporting. Mortified at the intimacy of the pose he tentatively he patted her back as his face was tickled by her hair. Tom froze as she ground her hips against him slightly and hot breath caressed his neck.

"You've done the right thing," she whispered in his ear and dropped back to the floor.

* * *

"There you go," said Claire, as she set down a plate in front of Tom.

"Thanks Claire," he said.

Kate smiled at him as she took her seat. She had been smiling a lot more since he had apologised to Claire that morning. Tom was pleased at her change in mood but also disturbed at just how much sway her daughter had over her.

"This is great mum," said Claire, tucking into her meal.

"Delicious again," he said. "We'll make a housewife of you yet."

Kate gave him a pointed look but smiled all the same.

A bare foot brushed against Tom's ankle. He automatically straightened up and drew his legs back closer to the chair.

"It wont be too long now I hope," said Kate. "We may even get the deal closed this weekend."

"That's great," said Tom.

The slender foot returned and slipped under his trouser leg, brushing fleetingly up and down his shin.

"I'm really excited for you," said Claire, smiling brightly.

Tom told himself to ignore her ministrations on his leg. She was obviously fishing for a reaction. He wasn't about to give her one. The situation was complicated somewhat when Tom was distracted from his wife's description of the remaining loose ends by Claire pressing her foot into his crotch. Abruptly he was aware a response was expected from him.

"Sounds like you have things figured out," he hazarded.

Claire rubbed her foot in circles over his lap, pressing firmly into the growing bulge. Tom studiously ignored her efforts to concentrate on what Kate was saying. She on the other hand appeared to have no problem tormenting him while holding down conversation.

Tom couldn't help but steal a glance at her shapely foot writhing in his groin, pink toenails set against bronzed flesh. Claire's mouth curled into a wicked grin as she saw his eyes flicker.

Eventually Kate got up to take the dishes away from the table. Claire gave the head of his cock a last tickle with her toes and winked at him before leaving the room. Tom did his best to retreat upstairs without his wife noticing his raging erection.

* * *

Kate left early on Friday morning for her latest round of meetings. She admitted apologetically she probably wouldn't be back before Monday evening as she kissed Tom goodbye.

There was no sign of Claire downstairs when he returned from work.

"Claire," he called. "Are you in?"

"I'm in my room," she hollered back.

Tom made his way to her door and knocked, deciding he should try to play the good host and see what she wanted for dinner.

"Come in," she said.

Claire was sitting at her desk wearing a white, silk bathrobe. She had her tanned legs crossed and the robe barely covered her thighs. Forcing himself to avoid looking at or thinking about the expanse of smooth flesh on show, he met her gaze.

"Do you want anything in particular for dinner?" he asked jovially. "I'm not as good a cook as your mother but I haven't killed anyone so far."

She turned her chair towards him and uncrossed her legs. Tom was unable to prevent the brief glance at the creamy skin on the insides of her thighs.

"Whatever is easy for you," she said.

"I'll put together spaghetti bolognese," he said, nodding. "Can't go too far wrong with that."

Claire got up, Tom was uncomfortably aware of how her breasts pressed against the fabric.

"In a way I'm glad mum's not here," she said. "Gives us a chance to get to know each other."

"Yeah," he said, swallowing awkwardly. "I'll get dinner started."

Tom hurriedly left the room as she smirked at him. Later he made his apologies and retreated to his study to avoid her.

* * *

Claire had vanished again. Tom was both pleased and annoyed that he couldn't find her. Kate had phoned the night before and asked if he wouldn't mind spending time with her while she was away. Tom certainly did mind but didn't want to make Claire's task in convincing his wife he didn't like her any easier than she already found it.

To that end he decided to take her out for lunch, reasoning that a public setting should stop her from doing anything outrageous. His plan was currently being ruined by his inability to locate her. He rang her mobile and heard it ring in her room but she wasn't in it. Deciding that she wouldn't have left the house without it he went downstairs to check if she was in the garden.

The splashing of water let him know she was in the pool. What he didn't notice until he called to her and she climbed out was that she had elected to swim nude. Tom stood gaping at her as she strolled towards him with no hint of embarrassment.

She stopped right in front of him. Too close for his liking. Rivulets of water fell from her peroxide blonde hair, down her elegant neck and across her breasts, still heaving slightly from the exertion of her swim. Her whole body was beautifully toned. Tom noted guiltily her pussy was shaven bare.

"Did you have something to say?" she asked slyly, dark eyebrow arching quizzically into her blonde hair.

"W-would you like to go out for a bite to eat?" he asked, trying to fix his eyes on hers.

"Sure," she said, rubbing her hand across her stomach and smiling as his gaze followed it. "I better go and put some clothes on though. Not everyone will be happy as you to see me nude."

She winked lasciviously at him and sashayed toward the house, knowing his eyes would follow the sway of her tight ass. Tom sighed and went inside to wait for her.

* * *

"Let's sit in that booth," she said.

Tom nodded and followed her. He sat on the opposite side of the table from where she stood but to his dismay she turned and followed his lead, forcing him to move into the corner as she settled in next to him.

"Hey Tom," a familiar voice said. "How you doing buddy?"

The middle of the room in the restaurant was taken up by two rows of booths, split up the middle by a wicker partition to offer some privacy. Tom hadn't noticed that John and Heather were sitting in the booth on the other side of the partition from them with their children.

"Hey guys," he said. "I'm doing great. Kate's away on business but Claire is here."

"Claire!" Heather squealed in delight. "It's been ages since I've seen you. How have you been?"

Claire spent a few minutes exchanging small talk with her mother's friends until their food arrived and a waiter appeared to take their own order.

"What can I get for you?"

Tom opened his mouth to speak and shut it quickly as he felt a hand on his thigh. Was she insane? The waiter would see her. John and Heather would see her!

"I'll have a steak, medium-rare," he said at last.

AJ_Watson
AJ_Watson
169 Followers
12