Top of the World

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's time to pack." I sighed. Today we pack, and tomorrow we leave."

__________________________________________________

Long years have passed since that fateful morning when we towed Aiden's tiny craft out to the slim river which had formed in the frozen wasteland of the polar icecap. The way south was hard and demanding, but together we were invincible. Finally, as the days lengthened into their eternal, circling vigilance, we made camp along a narrow inlet far to the south, among the barrier islands of the southeast, and our son was born.

Wet and slippery he greeted his new life with lusty abandon, a true father's son, and after a brief respite we decided to make a home in that place, a land neither of his memory, nor or mine...but of ours. A new beginning.

Times have changed since then. People are now coming out of seclusion, forming villages and towns once more. The Kiss, while not forgotten, has never returned, and those of us who are left will make this world anew.

Aiden and our seven sons are contented, filling each day with the pure joy of being alive, and with the challenges of guiding a toddling community to become a place not plagued by the ills of the past. We are one with the land, and one with each other. In the ashes of tragedy, we have been given a second chance to make this world a better place.

And, as I sit holding my Love in the soft evening hours, this time I know we'll succeed.