Tormented Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She pulled out her phone and dialled quickly. It went straight to voice mail.

"Fuck," taking hold of Lily's hand she squeezed gently. "I can't get through."

"Oh shit, I cant even call him."

"Call him? Would your phone work? I can go get it?"

She moved to get off the bed but Lily grabbed her hand tighter. "No I mean the bond. When a Demon is in labour they are rendered mortal. I'm not bonded with him until the baby comes."

"Will he feel it? Will he know the bonds been broken?"

"I hope so. I need him here."

Lucy moved closer unsure of what to do, she softly stroked the Demons hair and spoke quietly trying to keep her calm.

"Hurry up Ryan."

-

Aaron and Ryan returned late that evening, they had stayed for drinks with the employees at the restaurant and now, slightly tipsy, they stumbled back through the portal.

The minute they entered Purgatory each felt a agonising ripping sensation in their chest.

"Shit!" Ryan's face immediately turned sober and he looked over the mist covered moors towards the tiny light that was their home.

"Lily?"

"Yeah, the bonds been broken."

"Is she OK?" Aaron seemed to shiver beside him a strange energy coming from him.

"My closest friend," Ryan placed a hand on Aaron's shoulder. "Are you ready to become an uncle?"

Aaron instantly calmed and smiled. "Go."

Together they set off at a sprint towards the light, as they got closer the ache in their chests grew until they were panting with the pain.

Crashing through the door they skidded to a halt and Ryan looked up to the ceiling. A soft cry caught their attention and Ryan shifted where he stood.

"What are you waiting for dude, go up."

"I cant." Ryan sounded pained, his fists clenching and unclenching at his side.

"Why?"

"I cant, the Angels cursed the birth of any Fallen child. If the mate is present I don't want to think what might happen, the last reported incident of a Fallen witnessing the birth of his first child didn't end well. A couple of months after the birth the mother became ill, very ill. She died a week later. He had to watch her waste away because he wanted to be their to see his son born."

"So you cant go to her?"

"I cant." Ryan's voice raised in a shout and he punched the wall. "I cant be there for her because of what might happen to her!"

"Ryan, she'll know you're here. That's all she needs."

Together they sat on the sofa and waited, an hour passed, then two, when the third hour hit Ryan stood again.

"I cant take this!" He went to the bottom of the stairs and paced angrily. "What's taking so long?!"

"Dude you know what's happening up there right? I hear it takes a while."

"Don't be a smartass!"

"It's why we get on so well. Now sit the fuck down and stop worrying!"

Ryan slumped back onto the sofa and dropped his head in his hands, almost immediately though, he leapt back up.

Aaron listened to soft footsteps as they came down the stairs and Lucy entered the room.

"They're waiting for you."

She fell onto Aaron's lap exhausted and smiled at the Demon who now stood still, unsure of what to do.

"Go on, You've been whining for the last three hours hurry up."

Ryan nodded and slowly walked upstairs, suddenly terrified he slowed outside their room. What if he didn't know what to do? What if he didn't bond with his child? What if having a child hurt his relationship with Lily?

A sound caught his ear and he listened carefully, a sweet voice drifted from the room. An old Demon lullaby, slowly he pushed open the door and his heart tugged at the sight.

She lay on her side, her hair was tousled, her face exhausted but when she looked at him the love in her eyes was beautiful. She was perfect.

By her side a tiny figure was swaddled in a cream blanket, a tiny hand clutched at Lily's finger as she sang and she smiled at him.

"Would you like to meet your child?"

He nodded unable to say anything and moved tentatively towards the bed, looking down into the tiny face he felt breathless. The head was covered in soft blonde hair, a tiny button nose and soft lips reminding him of his mate and when the eyes finally moved to him he smiled. They were dark, almost black like Lily's, with bright green flecks showed against the black.

"Meet Mae Tayana Forsteer, Mae say hi to your daddy."

"You named her?"

"After your mum," she smiled down at her daughter. "I thought she would have liked that."

"She's perfect." He took another small step towards them. "Can I hold her?"

She said nothing just raised an eyebrow, he laughed nervously and picked up his daughter, holding her gently to his chest he stroked her soft cheek with the back of one knuckle and she grasped his finger with her whole hand.

Tears welled in his eyes and he laughed. "She looks like you."

"Thank Lucifer for that." She joked sleepily, her eyes were already closing and she curled into a tight ball, carefully he leant down to kiss her and whispered in her ear.

"I love you so much." She smiled in her sleep and quietly he walked downstairs to show his famiily the new addition.

12