Total Career Wipeout Ch. 01

Story Info
University students compete on sexy gameshow.
12.1k words
4.44
85.4k
131

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 10/06/2022
Created 03/25/2014
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All characters involved in the following story are over eighteen. Please note that this is a work of fiction set in the near future, is not based on any real persons or TV shows, and certainly not intended to excuse acts of non-consensual sex under any circumstances. Do not read on if you are likely to be offended by explicit material, black humour or bad puns! Do let me know of any mistakes or suggestions.

This story was checked by Volunteer Editor Robertreams

(from News Nightly, 11th October:)

On TV screens over the past year, a surprising new ratings hit has emerged. "Total Career Wipeout" is a live broadcast quiz show with a difference. Every Saturday night, under-performing undergraduates are given the opportunity to redeem themselves by showing off their knowledge in a winner-takes-all contest. Four failing female university students compete in each bout, and there's a rich reward for the winner, who is readmitted on their chosen course, with her tuition fees paid off in full!

But for the losers, as the title suggests, humiliation beckons. At the start of each bout, students are paired up with a male counterpart whose job it is to administer penalties whenever a girl comes up with a wrong answer. To begin with, these forfeits involve losing items of clothing. But in the latter stages, the punishments become ever more severe, culminating in the most clueless contestant being served up naked to her allotted partner for a full-blown sex session!

Naturally, the show has to comply with broadcasting regulations, so all "below the belt" action is tastefully concealed behind screens. But although viewers only get to see the ladies from the waist up, their expressions say it all as the game hots up and both points and pants are dropped!

Though the show finally cleared the censors early last year, it still sparks huge controversy. Over the past eighteen months, the UK media regulator has received a record number of viewer complaints concerning "TCW" (as it's known to its fans), with some accusing it of being "...the most outrageously indecent program ever seen on television".

Hoping to address this criticism, the production company's press officer, Ms Nina Letverson, spoke to our reporter last week:

"I'd ask people to remember that whenever we see original programming that pushes the boundaries, it always meets resistance from some sectors of the audience. In part, I think this arises from confusion: what is the TCW show actually about? Well, first and foremost it's meant to entertain, but of course there's a lot more to it than that. In this age of austerity we really appreciate what a struggle it is for students to fund their university education and, through this program, we hope to contribute some small measure of help. That's how the show was originally conceived, and it still gives me huge personal satisfaction knowing we've set so many young women on the path to an exciting new future.

"When we first appealed for contestants, we really didn't know what the response would be. As it turned out we were deluged with thousands of applicants to sift through. I have to confess, for the pilot show, we did pick out the most "camera-friendly" candidates at auditions. Unsurprisingly that drew some cynical comments from the critics! But it's totally untrue that we only ever choose the prettiest students; what you witness on screen is simply their natural beauty and personality coming out.

"Of course, there'd be no show at all without the men to partner the girls! We'd expected that finding them would be the hard part, but luckily we came across a great source of helpful, co-operative chaps who couldn't wait to get stuck in. Let's be honest, the public should be thanking those guys for injecting some life into the dreary Saturday night TV schedules - and the girls too, of course!"

However, a rather different view is taken by Tammy Shobuern, media affairs student and spokeswoman for the protest group "Studies Not Studs". From the outset, Tammy has angrily condemned the TCW show, branding it "a cynical ploy, working to a hidden agenda". And this young lady should know what she's talking about, because she was a contestant on the very first show, back in spring last year! Interviewed by our reporter yesterday, Tammy explained her change of heart towards the program:

(Tammy): "What your readers should bear in mind is the socio-political background here. This government is desperate to halt the falling birth-rate, and the resulting national population decline. Basically the "Total Career Wipeout" show is just an exercise in social engineering, aimed at raising the rate of conception among young women. The whole thing is very cleverly contrived: by focussing on the lucky winners and celebrating their achievement, they divert attention from the fate of the losers, who suddenly find themselves consigned to pregnancy and motherhood. Although these girls eventually settle down happily with their new families, the way their education and career prospects are effectively trashed for the foreseeable future is totally unacceptable. But the authorities know they can get away with this kind of thing because, frankly, lazy students never inspire much sympathy; the public just love to see us humiliated!"

(NN): "But surely this is an independent business venture, nothing to do with government policy?"

(Tammy): "Check it out - the C.E.O. of the show's production company and the Deputy Minister for Fertility are first cousins! As I said, the relentless decline in the birth-rate has got these people worried, and they'll try anything to curb it, even though their own education policies are largely to blame for that downward trend in the first place."

(NN): "That's quite a contentious argument: aren't there many factors behind the falling birth rate? Isn't it just that more women are choosing career over family these days?"

(Tammy): "Absolutely - and it can all be traced back to the mounting cost of higher education. Ever since the banks stopped issuing student loans, finding £10,000 a year for tuition fees has become a Herculean task for Britain's undergraduates. There's only one way that most full-time students can get their hands on that kind of money: every evening, thousands of sophisticated, respectable young women are finishing off their assignments and heading downtown to flaunt their bodies at strip joints or lap-dancing clubs. Of course, it's much easier for the ladies to get this kind of work, hence the gender imbalance on campus with women now comprising four-fifths of all undergraduates. And it's reckoned over eighty percent of those find employment in so-called "gentlemen's clubs", often working seven nights a week just to keep up with their course fees. No wonder we hear about students falling asleep during lectures!

"Most ironically, this limitless supply of willing girls has depressed the very wage rates that attracted them to the business in the first place. To make up the shortfall, they're now having to work even harder, spreading their legs ever wider in the quest for punters' tips! After enduring three years of that, is it surprising that most women opt for professional careers over having babies? We believe they've earned their right to choose."

(NN): "And, by the same token, surely they can choose whether to go on this TV show or not?"

(Tammy): "Look, you have to appreciate the level of desperation that would make somebody audition for a show like this. The new "constant assessment" rules at university are so draconian that it only takes a few bad test scores for a student to be suspended - at which point she becomes legally liable for the full course fees. Just at that moment, a letter lands on her mat offering her the chance to re-enrol on her course, have her fees paid off in full and magically solve all her financial problems - all in exchange for simply appearing on some gameshow! Still recovering from the shock of being suspended, you can understand how some students might see this as their only option."

(NN): "Some would seem a bit of an understatement; every Thursday, hundreds of new hopefuls can be seen waiting outside the studios for auditions. They all seem like sensible, intelligent young women - surely they know what they're doing?"

(Tammy): "The trouble is, the internet is so full of rumours, nobody knows what to believe. While one forum is denouncing it as a front for an escort agency, saying the losing girls are actually hookers, somewhere else somebody's claiming the whole show's a fraud and the sex is all simulated! When I auditioned for the show last year, I seriously believed that all I needed to do was sit in that "bondage chair" thing and answer a few questions - at worst, I thought I might lose my top and have to perform my best fake orgasm! It was only when the manacles clicked shut that I realised the truth, and by then it was too late. Thankfully I came through my experience unscathed; but many aren't so fortunate."

(NN): "And yet, people are queuing up to play - surely they must know nudity is involved, if they've ever seen an episode of the show?"

(Tammy): "Well, yes but... look, these are just ordinary girls with hopes and dreams like everybody else. Just because many of them work in establishments where they shake their bits for men's entertainment doesn't make them sluts. But don't you think that having to do that kind of work, night after night, might have left their judgement a little distorted? Besides which, most of them believe they'll answer all the questions easily without doing any forfeits. And under normal circumstances, they would - they're all highly educated young women. But as any quiz show contestant will tell you, it's totally different when those lights come on and the floor manager shouts "we're live!" In that moment, your mind goes blank - especially with an added distraction pointing right between your legs!"

(NN): "The show's supporters (and there are many) point to programs like "The Weakest Link", claiming the losers' humiliation on TCW is no worse than that show's infamous "walk of shame". Shouldn't we keep a sense of humour about things? The primary aim of the show is to entertain, after all?"

(Tammy): "If it's all about entertainment, then why don't the male volunteers wear condoms? When challenged on this point, the program makers insist that the intercourse needs to be "as authentic as possible, to maintain a real sense of drama"; apparently this also extends to giving the girls blood tests to check they're not on the pill. Unsurprisingly, every week up to half-a-dozen girls are sent home with an unwanted reminder of their illicit liaisons. And what happens when they try to track down the fathers of the babies they're carrying? It turns out all these men are failed asylum seekers who've just been deported! I've spoken to scores of tearful students who've spent months trying to trace their absconded partners, some even flying out to Africa or Asia and wandering the slums and shanties, brandishing photos of their wayward lovers. But with just a name and country of origin to go on, it's hopeless. Nobody has ever explained how these men are chosen, or why they're always deported so quickly after the show. All we have are rumours that they're being medically screened, apparently looking for individuals with high sperm counts - sounds like somebody's trying to guarantee lots of fruitful unions!"

(NN): "The asylum seekers accusation is a controversial one; how come, in over eighty shows, no contestant has ever raised this issue?"

(Tammy): "True, you never hear direct criticisms from the players. But if you watch the girls' expressions when they first lay eyes on their partners, it's easy to guess what they're thinking! What a comment on our politically-correct times, that you can pick any college student, shove her into the arms of some random stranger and she won't say a word of complaint in case she looks prejudiced. When I took part in the show, I found myself sitting next to a very well-mannered linguistics undergraduate from Exeter who got paired up with a huge Jamaican man. I felt so sorry for this lass - she was clearly nervous and kept fluffing every question, and you just knew how it would all end. When the inevitable "crunch point" arrived, it was obvious from all the grunting and gasping that she was having real trouble accommodating his manhood. But she never uttered a word of protest, even when her partner informed everybody (in quite obscene language) that he was about to ejaculate inside of her - in fact she complemented him with a noisy climax of her own as he did so! That's how afraid these girls are of coming across as racist!"

(NN): "But, many would argue that this is exactly the kind of work incentive students need. You can't deny university test scores have climbed remarkably since the program was first broadcast last year?"

(Tammy): "Yes, but as I say that's not the real reason for its existence. Besides, for those students who lose, it's a disaster: that aspiring linguistics student I mentioned is now a single mum on a council estate. She loves her baby twins of course, but her fifteen minutes of fame turned out to be a career-ending calamity!"

(NN): "As you know, the highest number of viewer complaints about TCW are over the obscene nature of its content. Are they right to be more concerned about this than any political agenda the show might have?"

(Tammy): "Well of course, regardless of the political arguments, TCW ought to be banned for obscenity. But it neatly sidesteps the broadcasting regulations by only filming the women from the waist up. In theory, only the other contestants and a few crew members see what happens behind those screens; but what they don't tell people about are the hi-def zoom-lens cameras concealed in the lighting rigs and the pinhole devices hidden in the stalls. When questioned over these, the production company claim this taping is necessary "for legal reasons", and assure us that none of the material is intended for broadcast. But I recently managed to view some of those recordings and believe me, they spare no blushes - full penetration and everything! I for one would like to know what happens to all that footage. In the disclaimer which the students sign, there's no mention of it. Someone, somewhere is amassing a huge stockpile of hardcore pornographic material with no legal restrictions over what they might do with it; no wonder they're happy to pay off a few course fees!

(NN): "And yet, even with its "modest" camera angles, the show is wildly popular: from its original Saturday late slot, it's now poised to conquer the airwaves. Surely the public are voting with their remote controls?"

(Tammy): "If this despicable show really goes out three times a week as planned, it will be an outrage. We'll be looking at a baby factory operating at full tilt, pumping out over four hundred pregnancies a year while the viewing public sits there applauding the whole thing! Our organisation is trying to alert people to what's really happening; it's been slow going, but at last the message seems to be getting through. We're seeing the number of auditionees drop off, and I'm confident that a year from now, the whole show will be nothing more than a bad memory - unfortunately, every week it's still running, TCW is providing the cream of our nation's youth with plenty of bad memories and more..."

* * * *

So, that's the situation according to the protest group "Studies Not Studs". Who is right on this issue? American audiences will soon be able to make up their own minds, because the show's first run is due to be repeated on the States Wide Network in the new year. However, in order to properly assess all the evidence, our reporter was recently given access to one set of complete recordings, including the secret footage alluded to by Tammy Shobuern. It made interesting viewing...

* * * *

Behind the curtain, the four students line up on stage, fidgeting self-consciously as they shuffle into place. It's the first time any of them have laid eyes on each other, and they glance sidelong at their opponents, swapping polite smiles while covertly sizing up the opposition. For they are about be pitted against each other in ruthless mental combat, and the stakes couldn't be higher: whatever happens next, at least two of these young women are destined for a life-changing experience before the night is out!

Despite the risk, several of tonight's contestants have used their free ticket allocation to bring friends along. Confident of victory, Felicity has invited along her college pals Lori and Clarissa to be in the audience tonight. She's brought them partly for moral support but also, she hopes, to witness her triumph. The regulations completely prohibit parents from attending - not that any of the players would have wanted that anyway! In particular, young Hazel is praying her mum and dad never find out about tonight's show - she hasn't even told them about failing her mid-terms yet.

"Ladies and gentlemen, if you could all take your seats please?" the familiar voice of the show's glamorous host, Ursula, booms out from behind the curtain, making them all jump. The ladies had all assumed that Ursula would come round for a friendly chat before the show; but in fact, they are about to have their very first meeting right now, during recording! Nothing could be less conducive to settling their nerves. That, and the fact they're all wearing bikinis of course.

On the far side of the curtain, spotlights sweep around randomly. The excited babble of the crowd sounds incredibly close. All the girls' instincts are telling them to run screaming from the building, but it's much too late to back out now. Then the host's clear tones ring out again:

"It's time... for the Total Career Wipeout Show!" Ursula pauses while the crowd cheer.

"So, let's meet our first four brave contestants!" and the curtain flies up to the ceiling, spotlights homing in on the first girl on the right.

"Amanda, who's reading Classical Studies at Hull!"

A curvaceous, buck-toothed girl blinks under the dazzling light, her bikini-clad bod brightly illuminated for scrutiny as the audience erupt in appreciation. Mercifully she only has to endure a brief moment under the spotlights before everyone's attention passes to the next girl in line:

"Felicity, who's studying Ethnic Relations at Manchester!"

Red-haired Felicity manages an uncertain smile as all spotlights focus on her. Feeling rather exposed, she has her arms folded across her bust, suddenly conscious of her smallish boobs.

"Hazel, who's doing Music at Warwick!"

There's a noticeably louder roar for Hazel, probably the prettiest girl on show tonight. Her wide doe eyes flash from side to side and she squirms uncomfortably, all too aware of the hundreds of hungry male eyes scrutinizing her petite body. It's a relief to her when the lights move on to the next contestant:

"And last but not least, Jasmine, who's reading Biology at Cardiff!"

The tallest girl in the line-up, blonde Jasmine appears much more confident then the others. She poses hands on hips, seemingly with no compunctions about displaying her well-toned figure in her favourite designer beachwear. Was it all bravado? They would soon find out!

"Wow, what a gorgeous line up - shame this isn't a beauty contest!" Ursula trills, "But the real question tonight is: who's top of the form, and who is finding university a challenge? So, without further ado, if you could take your positions please, ladies?"

Directly behind each of the girls is a stainless steel frame of unusual design. Steel beams with strategically placed pads for arms and legs make them resemble some sort of gym equipment, and as in rehearsals the girls all step backwards astride their respective frames. Their knees are now spread out to their sides, arms outstretched above their heads where their hands grip the top bar. The purpose of the frames becomes clear as two sets of chrome-steel manacles suddenly click shut around the ladies' wrists and ankles, and then a third set slides across to restrain their legs just above the knee. All four girls are now stuck in a highly compromising position, one that provides the viewers with an even clearer view of their scantily-clad bods!