Touched by Moonlight Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Katrok and Joshua stood tense, their eyes on their sister, who stood proud and unafraid of what laid ahead. Katrok knew she was probably the best trained female there, he'd made sure of that but then why was he sensing her stark outrage and apprehension through their link. Did she not want to win against the others. Katrok watcher their mother biting her lips nervously, her palms pressed against her chest. His father pressed tightly to her side with an arm wrapped around her waist.

"This is your choice! Prove your blood is worthy to us all."

A heavy silence filled the air, the crackling of the portals energy breezed through, electrifying all those in attendances. Katrina stood still as her mind raced and the temperature dropped. 'For my family... How do I win this without—' She gazed down at her hands, they trembled as a torrent of energy boiled in her body unrestrained and against her will. Whatever stood behind the portal was bringing her Maiden energy upwards, edging it to be released. She looked to the side towards her family, from the corner of her eyes she could see the Elder, Raven sitting just as tense as she felt. She avoided Luciano's gaze, couldn't focus on the rage she sensed there.

A second later their eyes fell on her, four pair of eyes to be precise. She could feel them glaring at her by the way the small hairs on the back of her neck stood. Immediately she knew who they were. They'd been waiting for a chance like this for a years, most of Luciano's lovers did.

She could hear feet shuffling, all of the females spreading, moving to opposite directions. 'Their movements are loud. Clumsy. Pathetic.' Katrina snorted at the thought. She watched the Matrone's reactions carefully but found only apathy. Katrina felt the air shift around her and side stepped a second before she saw the flash of talons heading for her head. Rolling her eyes, shifting on the balls of her feet and flipping backwards to avoid the attack. Katrina's eyes connected with a familiar pair of brown eyes. She forced the shock out of her face. 'Wilona?'

The four white, robbed females circled Katrina, ignoring each other as their focused lied on her. Katrina's eyes followed their movements. On the other side of the stadium Mildred Cloud stood poised against Tonia Arkena who's deadly talons where thrusting at her at a speed Katrina found hilarious. Rial Vormento, Annabelle Mariña, Hazel Riveria and Balia Doch'e flew past each other, drawing blood. She could hear the sounds of their struggle loud and clear. These elite females were definitely not trained in the art of war. They'd been sheltered, expecting their natural predator nature would be enough to survive and the lack of training showed through. Katrina chuckled dryly.

Balia fell first, crying out as Hazels talons slid deep into her thigh. They all watched as one of the two Maidens stepped forth "Here forth Saliandra, we witness your mark." Balia, now named Saliandra screamed as fire exploded in her veins. A bright blue light glowed around her, simmering around her figure, she gripped her left shoulder as a spark of blue light grew from under her robe. 'Her mark.'

Saliandra panted, her eyes moving directly to her family. Tears flooded her eyes, her hands reaching out to them, she cried out once more as the energy fled her body surrounding her like blue fog and she fell forward on her knees. Her mothers dark hair glowed as she pressed tightly to her fathers' chest unable to watch. Her fathers' eyes dark and distant. Saliandra gasped, sensed Hazel moving towards her a moment too late, felt the kick to her ribs and her body went sailing through the air and into the swirling portal.

The Matrone smiled. 'That's one.'

Katrina swallowed, watching Hazel flip over, a tight expression on her face as she moved toward Rial. "How ironic you'd stand with us, sister." Siria's sneer was full of venom, a promise of agony in her eyes but Katrina wouldn't rise to her bait. She couldn't afford to lose her cool, if her energy became rampant... No. Katrina took a deep breath and faced the women circling her.

The Matrone's eyes followed the small group surrounding the Morvant daughter, their hatred clear in their eyes as she spoke, loud and terse.

"Prove your worth to us."

Katrina's eyes blazed gold. Siria. Wilona. Annabelle and Melindra circled her like sharks, their fangs extended, talons sharp and lethal. All at once, they descended. 'No.' She would prove her worth to herself.

***

Luciano watched it unfold, baffled as they swarmed Katrina. They fell on her like a pack of wolves, greatly underestimating her as she dodged, spun and blocked their attacks, making sure to deflect their attacks and aim them towards each other.

On the other side of the stadium, the next female fell, Tonia Arkena. A Maiden stood before her, lifting her palms towards the kneeling shape of Tonia, blood blossomed over her side. She cried out as purple light expanded from her body. "Here forth Archie, we witness your mark."

Hazel fell next, her body slamming against the stone walls. A yellow glow lit up her skin. "Here forth Thistle, we witness your mark." The Maiden's tone vibrated, rocked them backwards. Thistle screamed feeling the rapture of her familiar bond as Rial picked her up and kicked her into the vortex. Rial seemed particularly driven today.

Luciano vaguely noticed Tonia's body fly in directly afterwards, the vortex reaching up and dragging her in with it's thick fog. His gaze moved over Katrina, her hair was tied up in a pony tail and it swung around her as she moved. If he hadn't been wracked by anger, he'd be amused at her obvious display. She was avoiding their every move, only taking the hits she purposely chose not to avoid. He frowned. 'What is she thinking?'

Katrina's head snapped back as Annabelle landed a hit, shifting her position Katrina dragged her hands up into Annabelle's bright red hair and pushed her out with more force she intended and then momentarily crashed against the stone wall. Katrina jumped, flipping over Melindra's on coming body. As Katrina's body moved above her, Katrina's hands landed on Melindra's shoulder spinning her and tossing her to the side harshly, all while mid air. Katrina landed on her feet as Melindra's body hit the ground. 'Left.' Katrina swung left, her arm blocked Wilona's leg, Katrina's body was thrust backwards from the force.

From the corner of her eyes she saw Mildred move over Melindra, picked her up and swung her above, kicking her body outwards. Katrina panted as she straightened, a second before Siria's body crashed into hers.

Rial's red hair was tied up in a bun, she blurred with tremendous speed before slamming into Annabelle's shaking form. She picked up the other red headed female and slammed her down onto the ground. A Maiden appeared behind them as Rial dug her talons into Annabelle's stomach, the female screamed. An orange fog floated from Annabelle's body, undulating around Rial. Rial grounded her teeth, hissing at the force of the orange light pierced her mental barriers. "Here forth Bella, we witness your mark." Annabelle shrieked as fire raced through her body, severing her connection to her family.

Rial hissed, her fangs throbbing as she swung around, grabbed Annabelle, now Bella by the hair and pushed her whole into the portal. Passing by the Matrone who gave her a calm nod.

Luciano tensed, watching Katrina's body spiral sideways, midair she changed her angle and landed crouched, her eyes trained on Siria. His gaze flew between the both of them, and Siria's obvious distaste of Katrina. Guilt flooded him. It was no coincidence that his past lovers had gone after Katrina... He hissed. Rage blinded him. 'How dare they touch what belonged to him.'

Mildred joisted Melindra's body by her throat, holding the trashing woman immobile. The lack of oxygen wouldn't kill her but smashing her windpipes would hurt. Mildred smirked, the vampire inside her hissed, wanting to drench herself in blood. A Maiden materialized behind her and spoke, "Here forth Ulkria, we witness your mark." Milendra, now Ulkria groaned, biting her tongue as her body felt like it was tearing apart. Mildred tossed her back into the portal, without a second glance she jumped high. Her dark blue eyes watched Katrina fighting Siria and Wilona. Her eyes narrowed, gasped when something grasped her ankle and slammed her down onto the ground.

Rial stood above Mildred, leaned forward only to find Mildred planting her feet on her chest and throwing her backwards. Mildred flipped onto her feet, watched as Rial slammed into Siria, both crashing into a wall. The Maidens closed in on their fight, making sure to avoid them as they walked through, waiting for the next claiming, much like a referee. Mildred was flying high over Wilona, her fingers glowed a bright reddish pink as she yanked her energy back and slammed it into Wilona, throwing her body back and away from Katrina. Mildred landed crouched beside Katrina who watched her with cautious eyes.

"Seems to me you're a bit outnumbered. Kinda seems personal doesn't it." Katrina watched Mildred from the corner of her eye, the females voice was very serene as if she wasn't fighting for her family's honor and noted that Mildred actually seemed to be enjoying herself.

Katrina tensed, twirled. Her palm flat as she grasped onto Rials' fist, her eyes flashed sensing her other one coming at her, braced herself for the pain and was shocked to see Mildred intercept it. She smirked, tossing Rial back to the side. Laughing as the female grunted from impact.

"I've got a bone to pick with this one. Be right back, Kitty." Katrina shook her head. 'Strange female.' Spreading her feet wide and jousting her body forwards she met Siria's body head on, deflecting the other woman's quick attacks. Their bodies twirled and turned mid-air before they both pushed away from the other. Katrina landed crouched, her eyes looked up into the glowing red irises of Siria.

"How ironic, the moment Luciano gets rid of you, I get stuck with you. I might consider letting you be my lackey, too. Woof-woof, Katrina. Wanna fetch for me? You did for him!" Siria's words enraged her, producing a rage in Katrina she fought to contain.

The tops of her fingers sparkled green dust, Katrina fought for breath, holding the energy at bay. The darkness inside her shifted, hissing, demanding blood. Katrina closed her eyes as Siria pounced, her body blurring and Katrina spun out of her way. And so it went, Siria attacked and she'd avoid it, deflected it and only gave some of it back.

Luciano's body froze. Hearing those words leave Siria filled him with a dark, freezing fury he had no idea he could feel. A foul taste filled his mouth, unable to believe that he'd wasted his time on that poor excuse of a female. He growled, the sound low in his throat. The idea that anyone would think this way about Katrina pissed him off. She was his best friend... and after last night she was more. She had always been— 'Fuck!' He couldn't even form the thought. It didn't matter. She was fighting a battle for purely political reasons and those who sought to harm her did so because of him. Because of his foolishness. Once it was over, she'd leave. Tremors rocked his body at the thought of her absence. She would spend her entire existence in isolation, imprisoned by how she'd been born and he- he would never lay eyes on her again. Grief tore through him.

Wilona groaned, kneeling on the ground. Her head pounding from the crash. She looked up into the pale eyes of a Maiden and fear crawled up her spine. She hadn't been injured, she-

"Here forth Fie, we witness your mark." Wilona, now Fie felt the world shift and cried out as a violent tug at her mothers bond tore apart and dissolved. Tears fell down her cheeks. Her trembling gaze flew desperately to her mother, who's crest fallen expression filled her with fury. Fie cried out as a dark orange energy separated from her body and the mark along her ankle pulsed. The energy, swirled visible around her, unrestrained. It moved over her like a coat. Her eyes narrowed, feeling the waves of her energy pulsing outwards. She hissed. Fangs elongated. The energy around her moved before her body did and they flew at Katrina, taking her by surprise.

Katrina felt something cold grab onto her, surround her and yank her forward and second before Wilona's body slammed into her. She grunted as her back smashed against a wall. Wilona groaned, her energy draining her violently. From above she heard her cousins voice, Elvira, shout her name and looked up just in time to see a dagger fly through the air and land a couple of feet beside her. She smiled. Her fangs peaking through her lips. 'He'll see me now.' Madness filled her mind.

Mildred groaned as Rial landed a hard kick to her stomach, sending her back. She growled. Her vision momentarily clouding with rage. 'Enough.' She thought. She raised her palms, walking towards Rial. The redhead's green eyes looked at her confused as fear filled her eyes.

'Not as dumb as you look.' Mildred thought dryly, conjuring her power. She could feel it tingling over her fingertips before it exploded, Mildred made sure to aim it directly in Rial's direction, the electric strawberry red energy rushed out of her like a mist and went through Rials' body like blades. Her body was thrust backwards as she screamed, tumbling to her knees feet from the portal. A Maiden stood before her as she cried. "Here forth Luvia, we witness your mark."

Rial, now Luvia grunted, hissing through clenched teeth, her forehead leaning towards the ground. She gasped, crying out for the loss of the delicate bond that held her to the only family she'd ever known. Her eyes lingered sideways, meeting the eyes of her sister as tentacles of translucent white fog spilled from the vortex, wrapped around her and violently yanked her into it's fold.

***

Katrina felt rock beneath her, her focus momentarily disoriented Groaning, she brought a hand up to her throbbing temple. "It was always you.." Katrina glanced at Wilona—Fie lean down to pick something up from the ground as she spoke. "He never saw me, because all he could see was you!" There was an unfamiliar edge to her voice, something dark and vicious and unlike the Wilona she knew. Katrina couldn't for the life of her understand what her problem was. 'All this time, had she fancied Luciano?' Katrina tensed as the dagger pierced her upper shoulder. She gasped in pain but otherwise remained silent. Her eyes widened. Fie stood before Katrina, the dagger embedded into her shoulder was pure silver, encrusted with her cousins' family crest. Her red hued eyes glinted evilly, the orange electric energy lifted above her, taking on the shape of a snake with a sharp tipped edge for a head.

A Maiden appeared behind Fie, her eyes bored into Katrina's searching for something. Through blurry vision Katrina saw the strange expression cross the females pale eyes and something violent inside her shifted in resonance. The woman's eyes narrowed. Silence fell across the spectators as they waited for Katrina's claiming, shocked when the Maiden stepped back quietly, no claim made.

"Why you? Why is it always you?" Fie hissed, the delirium in her voice made Katrina swallow, her empath sensed the woman's fury rise to dangerous levels. She heard a scream in the background, a second later realized that it was her own raw throat that made that noise. Shutting her mouth, biting on her tongue, breathing through the pain. She jerked.

Katrina's body jolted as the translucent, orange energy swirling behind Fie pierced into her the shoulder pinning her to the wall. Her hands rose, grasping at the electric air desperately, groaning when it held her frozen on the spot. Katrina felt the electric energy shock her violently and felt her own rising energy react viciously in response. "No!" She shrieked and like whiplash, completely without her control, the shockwave of her power struck out like an explosion from her body. Fie's body was thrust away and into the portal, Katrina shielded her eyes as the shockwave instantly cracked at the stone around the entire coliseum, sending shards of stone and concrete outward in a dazzling and dangerous display. Spectators everywhere shielded themselves from the impact.

Heated seconds passed before, Katrina blinked her eyes opened, her ears ringing. Siria, Mildred, the Matrone and the other Maiden's were groaning as they fought to get back up to their feet. Katrina swallowed, looking around bewildered. Her hands trembled, her eyes looked around at the silence that fell across the stadium. Katrina reached up and yanked out the dagger in her shoulder, tossing it aside. She leaned forward, working her energy at healing her shoulder. She could sense the shock through her empath senses. She could feel their outrage, their surprise and — horror. Fear. No vampire would admit to being fearful of any one thing but here, their combined emotions made her tremble in shame. She fought for breath, the energy in her body slipping past her fingertips. Her gaze swung wildly and found a pair of familiar eyes.

Raven sat at the edge of his seat. His eyes narrowed as he met Katrina's shocking gold eyes. He let out a sigh, rubbing at the juncture of his nose. His irritation rising. This wouldn't do.

Luciano felt his body freeze. He'd been momentarily blinded by the brightness of the out-lash of power, the destruction that laid to waste was shocking and familiar. 'Is this what happened last night?' He saw her hands shaking. His eyes moved to Katrina's beautiful face, finally facing his direction. He didn't miss the way her eyes dismissed him, automatically locking with her brother and he tensed. He swung around to look at his brother who gazed back at her through low lids. "What the fuck is going on?" Luciano hissed low under his breath. His brother ignored him and instead let out a sad sigh, giving Katrina a look, 'Finish it.' Luciano saw Katrina give them a tight nod in response.

Katrina's eyes gradually moving onto Luciano. He saw the ravaged determination in her eyes and placed a hand to his chest, an ache blooming in his heart at the resigned look in her expression. She was his to protect, to care for and he hadn't known. Katrina's eyes warmed and for a moment everything faded and he saw, he finally saw everything she'd been hiding from him. She dropped the facade she'd lived with all her life. Her love shone bright in her eyes as they watered. Her lips trembled in his presence.

He understood that she sought his forgiveness. Not for leaving, not for hiding who and what she was, not even for hiding the love that he could now clearly see. He swallowed hard. No, her eyes watered for an entirely different reason. She sought forgiveness for last night, forgiveness for losing control over something she had no hope to possibly control. He saw her despair at what she'd done to him, to them. 'Forgive me, Luciano.' He heard the soft whispered thought almost as if he'd imagined it. Her voice was fragile and tired... So tired as it brushed across the tendrils of his mind. He shut his eyes, unable to watch her any longer. He couldn't process. Couldn't deal with the swarm off emotions filling him.

'I will not fail you.'

*

Siria's head throbbed, madness beat at her circuits. Her gaze snapped up to find Katrina, followed her gaze to Luciano, her body trembled. Jealousy and rage filled her. She stood on shaky knees, her hands reached to grab an unconscious Mildred. Throwing her up and out.

Katrina snapped. Her body catapulting forward, reaching Mildred's body half way, tucked Mildred safely into her body, taking the hit as they slammed into the ground. Katrina groaned, saw Siria's shadow and spun into motion without pause. Getting back to her feet, she tucked her arm back and slammed it into Siria's body, thrusting her backwards. 'Stay down!' Katrina thought viciously, wiping the blood off her mouth.