Touched by Moonlight Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers

A Maiden approached, took a look at Mildred's unconscious body and gave her a nod. "Here forth Digit, we witness your mark." Katrina watched Digit's body jolt forward, heard the gasps from her family's tent and saw the rivers of crystal clear tears pouring down her closed eyes. Katrina let out a breath of relief, picked up the unconscious woman and in a blink stood beside the portal. "See you on the other side." Katrina whispered as she watched the white fog envelop Digit's body gently and swept her up into the vortex.

The Matrone stood by the side, watching, clearly rattled as she saw it all unfold. She had helped her fellow Maidens stand and they now stood quietly beside her. If this kept up they'd have to force the claiming themselves.

"Looks like it's you and me, eh puppy." Katrina turned at Siria's venom. Katrina watched the female bounce on her toes. Somewhere from the crowd, Siria's name was called out and a flash of metal cross their path and landed between them, a sword. Katrina let out a sigh, tucking a lose hair into place. 'Natasha just couldn't stay away.' She thought dryly. Siria was beside the sword on the next breath, her vampire speed was up to par at least. Katrina took note of her weakness, her strengths and injuries. It seemed her healing abilities were blocked as hers were. They weren't healing as they should be, she wondered why that was. Katrina strained her neck, getting a good stretch.

"Tell me. What is your actual problem with me, because I never understood it?"

Siria hissed, her glowing red eyes freaky. "Really. I thought I'd been pretty obvious." Katrina dodged enough as Siria zoomed past, swinging the sword. She let out a sigh. Such misuse of a beautiful blade.

Katrina's eyes narrowed sensing a shift in the air only to smile triumphantly, jumping out of Siria's way. She heard her name being called, his beautiful voice soothed her senses and as she lifted her hand in tune the sword fell perfectly across her palm, she used it's momentum to slash downwards. Her eyes blazed. "You're right. I didn't want to believe you were that pathetic."

Luciano panted as he stood in front of his seat. The taste of her name on his lips left him breathless, needy and hot. He saw her stand proud as she held his sword. His family insignia emblazoned on the mantle, the blade glowed wickedly in her hands. He saw Siria give him a glance, disbelief and madness colored her eyes. Much as the crowds' reaction. His blade had never touched another's hands, had never been held, much less wielded by another. And yet without thought or reservations he'd called it forward and had thrown it her way before he could take a breath. Without looking back she'd caught it perfectly mid air, a beautiful show of mastery over the weapon and skill. Over his chosen weapon. His breath ragged, adrenaline pumping through his veins. She was a sight for sore eyes.

Siria glared at Katrina, the thick, wide-flat blade glowed in Katrina's hands. 'His sword!' Katrina shifted on her feet, testing out the weight of the blade. She'd seen it countless times, had watched him train with it, kill with it but had never held it. Now that she did, the blade sung against her palms, vibrating happily as if it loved the feel of her warmth. She smiled. He'd understood.

Siria hissed. "The only pathetic one was you, pet. How easily he dismissed you for centuries." Katrina tensed, ignoring the crack at her heart, she shivered as a breeze passed them through, then Siria moved and she would hold back no longer. 'Pissing me off.' She hissed inside her mind, furious.

After that, Katrina's vision got a little fuzzy. She remembered going into immediate and quick offense, striking while still stunned by Siria's verbal attack. Her eyes burned, a burning that spread to her stomach, to each of her arm and legs, every finger, every toe. Katrina felt as though her hair was made of flame. She roared in response. All that fire rushed out, came pouring back into her center. Her arms came up. Luciano's blade, weightless yet impossibly heavy, moved like it was an extension of her body. Katrina pivoted, whirled, turned and feinted, all the while slashing wildly with the sword. She shoved it downward, holding it parallel to her body so that the tip pointed at her toes. It sliced like a hot knife through butter.

She heard a gasp- and Luciano yelled her name.

Katrina blinked, bringing the arena into focus as her chest heaved and her lungs greedily sucked in air. Everyone stared, could feel their eyes on her. Some like her brothers and her father- looked triumphant. Others, like Luciano- and her mother, looked slightly shocked. There were others who glared blatantly.

A gurgling sound at her feet drew her gaze down. On the ground, Siria laid like a butterfly, Luciano's sword sticking out in the middle of her chest, leaking bubbles of blood as she tried to speak.

Katrina pulled out the sword and tossed it aside as she fell to her knees beside Siria. Pressing her hands to the wound in her chest. She tried to bring forth her healing energy, but couldn't control it. Siria looked up at Katrina and blinked. She didn't look as mean anymore. She didn't look cold or scary. She looked young and bewildered. Siria looked like another vampire who was about to give up her entire life for something she didn't understand. Like her. Siria closed her eyes and her body eased of all tension.

Katrina saw the shadow of a Maiden approach.

"Here forth Saria, we witness your mark." Siria's body jolted as if electrocuted. Her body was picked up by the Maidens and taken to the portal swiftly and without a moments notice.

Silence fell and Katrina sat back on her heels, holding tightly onto Luciano's sword. She felt relief sweep through her. She'd won. She'd made her family proud... Her eyes glistened and looked up to her family. They watched in awe of her and she gave them a small smile. 'You've taught me well.' She sent out on their family bond, possibly the last thought she'd send.

Luciano let out a breath as soon as Siria was taken into the portal. But now Katrina stood alone, facing the Maidens. The tension rolling of Raven's body made Luciano stiffen further.

"It seems you have your champion." The Matrone's voice burst through, setting the crowd on a frenzy.

*****

It has not been my intention to leave for so long, Life has been crazy, as usual. A huge Thank you to Inverted Fool who edits my chaos. Again, I want to say that this is only meant to be a small story that will be feeding into a much larger one. So please have patience and keep checking back for more.

Leave me a thought!

SilverDawn
SilverDawn
955 Followers