Trading in Strange Places Pt. 09

Story Info
Getting to Thanksgiving.
5k words
4.83
8.4k
3

Part 9 of the 10 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 03/21/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Getting to Thanksgiving

Ellen, Amelia and I were clustered in the temporary computer room in the rented house after sending Kathleen, Rya and Toni off to New York to gather intelligence about possible attacks on WIL, its clients and its staff.

As we watched the screens, volume was up. The end of September was close and the big mutual funds were positioning themselves for their quarterly reports. Some of their discards looked pretty good to the three of us.

Six intense hours later, we had committed fifty million of the clients' and our own money. C-M watched for bad things on her machines and was the food lady and chief critic. "Electric cars? You are insane. There won't be profits for years!"

"Catherine, think of the future. Electric is in! I'll bet you a dinner out that we make 10% on that stake within 90 days."

"Done! You will be sorry when I bring all my friends along too."

After the markets closed, I said we should check with Claire and Richard at the B&B about evening plans. Richard answered and said we were welcome to come over. Claire was testing all the new kitchen appliances. The entree was shrimp fettucini. Lyn was there.

Walking into the new-old house, we were impressed. The painting wasn't finished, and there were punch list items, but Claire and the chef from Paris were in their element. Richard fixed me a martini to match his and we took stools to one side from which to watch.

Chapter 27 - The French Chef

C-M looked up from slicing vegetables for salad and said, "Lucas, we have a problem. My cousin from Dijon says there will be big trouble if I impersonate a Parisian chef. An international incident, even, she said."

"What do we do?" I said, suspecting a trap because of her big smile.

"Her name is Aimee, and she is very nice. It just so happens that she married a real chef last month and thinks we should invite them to prepare meals for the christening of the B&B. A photographer from one of the important cooking magazines is sure to come. The publicity will put us on the map!"

Hands over head, I groaned piteously. "Broke before we even start. This is a plot to get an all expenses trip to the U.S."

Ellen and Mely sandwiched me. "They are right, Lucas. The publicity will be terrific."

Ellen said, "I have been meaning to talk to you about Thanksgiving. We haven't even announced the opening and people are calling to tell me about their travel plans!

Mely said, "The only thing to do is stretch the opening celebration over ten days or so. What about the Friday before Thanksgiving until the Monday after?"

Lyn walked up and punched me in the ribs with her free hand, offering a sip with the other. "Lucas, there is early snow forecast for next week. Have you been on the weights yet?"

Knowing nothing would stick this soon, I gave her a quick kiss and said, "I have plenty of time. You are so wasted from work, it will be easy to win at least one of those races."

She backed into me, resting gently. "Speaking of work, who is going to take care of the reservation mess? Poor Claire is underwater with all the finishing details."

Instead of drowning in luscious females, I realized the possibility of attack had depleted our ranks. Ellen and I needed to lend a hand with chores. I kept an arm around Lyn and summoned Ellen with the other.

She banged hard into us. "You are looking entirely too comfortable."

"We are actually not. Lyn pointed out that the Thanksgiving invitations are going to need a lot of TLC."

She laughed and butted my chest. "You mean the WIL executives must get in the trenches and help?"

I tightened an arm around each waist. "You two make it very hard to concentrate on work. These holiday invitations could get out of hand. Somebody tell me how to avoid faux pas."

We swayed together and I kissed cheeks while they considered the problem. Lyn pushed her hip into me and smiled.

"First, we invite from the top of the investor list against the most desirable dates. Lots of them have family obligations on holidays that won't let them come this time. Maybe we can offer early reservations for January and February as an alternate."

Ellen had her own item. "For this inaugural period only, the price is discounted 50%, even though they are rich enough not to need it. Will build good word of mouth."

Lyn added, "Yes. And to go with the discount is a list of no-no behavior. Bring your own partner, and no chasing or trading bodies! The last thing we need is gossip about swinging!"

C-M heard us and said, "Totally American plan and prepaid in advance. No refunds! But they can roll it over to a future date!"

Richard and Claire joined the group. "No guarantees about skiing. The hill is unpredictable that early in the season, even if they do use snow making machines."

I gave him a worried look, "The high speed Internet will be installed? We are toast if it isn't live, especially if there is bad weather."

"Lucas, there is a special treat for our guests. Lyn has grabbed a permit and a guy with a DitchWitch is going to run fiber in conduit from here to the B&B. It is about five blocks. Access points on every floor. Firewalled by C-M. Fast and secure."

I said, "Damn, wish I was a customer of WIL being treated like this."

Chapter 28 - Counterattack

I was in the basement workout room, groaning at the burn in my legs, when Claire shouted down the stair that Catherine-Marie needed me in the computer room. I scrambled to my car and roared over to the rented house, still all sweaty.

There were lots of flashing lights and a grim face on C-M. "Denial of service attack. The public facing site is down, and they are after the firewall and other machines."

I watched for a minute, wondering whether this was a routine and random attack, or something planned. Kathleen had made several reports from New York over the past week, but the bottom line was inconclusive. Lots of gossip but no pattern and no hard links to anyone. I had jokingly told her to nip any budding romances among her two charges and their new barroom friends, and head back.

C-M needed a hug. "Lucas, you feel good, but hugs aren't the answer to that, are they?" She nodded at the rack of servers.

One of the standard juvenile hacker games was to escalate the tempo of attacks, trying to scare the target into expensive investments in more and more server capacity. But I wasn't playing that game, preferring to take down our visible external server and wait for them to get bored and go away. Our limited number of online clients had already been warned that this would be our response and that they could always reach us by landline.

"This isn't a very big deal, and Kathleen hasn't found anything significant on the East Coast. Do you suppose the McGinnis arrest has solved our problem?"

"I wouldn't count on that. McGinnis probably doesn't have the technical smarts for this, so he has to have partners in crime who do and who are still out there."

"What is their next tactic?"

"If it really is knowledgeable guys trying specifically to damage us, they are working on breaking our encryption in order to get at client data."

"The ISP must be seeing this attack. Will they go to the FBI?"

The two of us were pondering the pros and cons of law enforcement involvement when the phone rang. It was Kathleen.

"Hi, I just got off a call from one of Ross Cahill's assistants. He said their IT people saw our address on a list of today's denial of service attacks. Ross wants to know if we would like a helping hand?"

Catherine and I looked at each other in shock. The former employer offering help?

I almost shouted, "Yes, of course. Do you have a number for C-M to call?"

The next few hours were amazing. One of the biggest and most sophisticated IT shops in the world turned its big guns loose on our problem. They wanted an open landline to our server room, and as many statistics as we could feed them.

In less than an hour, they had a list of the main sites pounding on us. The techie on their end of the line said some bad guys had recognizable signatures to their attacks, which helped localize the machines they were currently using.

Without saying much about details, they turned their info over to a network of self-defense sites, and within minutes the tempo of inbound traffic to us dropped abruptly. In half an hour, it appeared to be gone entirely. C-M hugged me again, "Lucas, we have to be especially nice to Ross."

The Wall Street helper, whose name was Josh, said the bad guys usually ran for cover when the self-defense network opened up on them, since Interpol and military intelligence would be close behind.

We signed off with effusive thanks as Ellen and Richard came forward from the back wall with high fives. "Lucas, that was some show."

I dialed Kathleen. "They smashed our bad guys flat. What a relief. Please call Ross's helper and see if we can't do something for the people in IT who made it happen."

She put the phone on speaker. "Lucas, we are so happy. Just when we were feeling bad about not accomplishing anything back here, it all turns around!"

Ellen said, "Hey, that intelligence you gathered will help in other ways. Are you headed west?"

"Yes. We are road weary and will see you for dinner tomorrow."

We headed to the B&B for some lunch. C-M tried to stay behind to guard the shop, but Richard propelled her out the door. "You need a rest. Send Claire over with a sandwich."

After collecting my senses sitting on the back patio, I called Steve Waldron.

"Thanks again, Steve, for the tip. I think we found the source of the problem in a guy that got fired by Ross Cahill's shop ten days ago. And after that, Ross's people helped today to take down the hackers McGinnis hired to make life tough for us."

"Your former employer is being damn nice. You better invite him for a holiday."

"He is on the Thanksgiving list. What about yourself? Do you want to be here the same time he is? Or another date?"

"Funny you should mention that, Lucas. I have an idea or two to bounce off both of you. Can we work a little shop talk into the holiday festivities? Do you want me to call Ross?"

"No. If you don't mind, Ellen and I will go to work bringing the four of us together. Details to follow."

Chapter 29 - A Giant Exhale

Not a lot of work got done that afternoon. The margaritas started before five, and after a fine buffet dinner of roll your own tacos, our group was mostly on the floor in the rented house.

Ellen's head was on my thigh and she waved her arms in the air. "Lucas, that felt like Star Wars this morning. All we could see was lights and flashing numbers, and Josh's voice coming out of the speaker phone like he was on the bridge manning the weapons system." Murmurs around the room agreed.

"You have friends in high places, Ellen. I guess our decision not to burn bridges with Ross was a good one."

C-M crawled over and kissed Ellen. "Damn right, Lucas. You have this fine woman here to thank for that."

I rolled the French chef who was not a chef into me and tickled. "Yes, yes. I am simply useless in the face of all this feminine talent."

Four furies dropped on me as Richard and Claire watched with amusement. Tensions flowed out of their bodies into mine. Tough muscular bodies that were already working out every day as the aspens yellowed and night time temperatures dipped below freezing.

The next morning, over coffee, I suggested to C-M that we should rig up some remote screens for monitoring the computer room. "If we put a screen in a corner of each kitchen, maybe someone doesn't have to be in the server room all the time."

She nodded and asked, with a glint in her eye, "What about when you are giving us stress relief?"

"I heard that."

Ellen was pulling on a tee shirt as she came into the kitchen, but stopped and instead took off her bra. The finest tits in Colorado marched across the room and into my chest.

In her best silky voice, she whispered, "Yes, Lucas, when I'm just about to come and the alarm goes off, then what?"

Bending, I took a ripe nipple in my mouth and worked it over for a moment, then responded, "Why, of course, I give you a terrific swat on your ass, you scream, and the alarm stops."

A voice from across the room said, "Lucas, that is not the right answer." Lyn was standing in the doorway, dropping the last of the clothes she had just put on. "You haven't touched us in days, and the three coming this afternoon are sure to attack as soon as they arrive. Isn't it time to demonstrate that you are not totally useless?"

The others were staring at the athletic body and reaching for their buttons. Oh boy, I'm in trouble. These were the bodies that were going to destroy me on the hill in a few more weeks.

"Wait. Hold on. You are absolutely right, but I'm not screwing anyone in this miserable rented house. It looks like a nice fall day. What about a lunch with benefits?"

Heads nodded and clothes went back on. Ellen kissed under my ear and asked if I was going to chase her and take her in the forest?

I mumbled, "We need to talk."

Her fingers pinched the front of my jeans, "Not before my benefits!"

During the morning, it was decided that I was the lunch mule, and Richard was asked to guard the machines so that C-M could come along on the hike. The four women disappeared up the trail in a hurry, showing their pentup energies. I guessed that I was supposed to be conserving my energy for the benefit part of lunch. All the plants along the path were brown with frost, although the sun still warmed us in the midday.

When I arrived at what was now known as the WIL official log, they were topless and giggling.

"Lucas, this is so much fun after that nasty attack business. Are you really going to do us?"

Two blankets and a tablecloth made a cozy spot. I passed out sandwiches with throaty growls which didn't intimidate anyone. I sat in the middle and feinted with them. Mely tried growling back and was pulled into my lap for punishment.

"You want to be first? You are going to ride me in front of your friends? I thought you were a woman with standards?"

My ears grabbed fiercely, she applied a torrid kiss as others made my shorts disappear and stroked what they found beneath.

"Lucas," she hissed, "I'm wet as can be. You are going in there right now!"

We had hardly gotten tight when she howled as loudly as she could. "Yesssss!"

I pushed her back and attacked the dusky Italian boobs, not sparing my teeth. "Yes, yes, yes. Ahhhh!" She shuddered her climax as Lyn elbowed her way ahead of C-M and pushed Amelia to the side.

"You don't mind if I am happy-bouncy, do you? I just love the way you look after your architect, Lucas!"

Her not very tan jock body was in constant motion. I was about to come with this treatment. The friction on my cock was unbelievable. I leaned forward and finished her with a flurry of missionary thrusts that put me over the top at the same time she screamed her own release.

Minutes later, Catherine eyed the limpness of my slimy weapon and declared a recess. "He's finished for a while. Needs to recoup. Let's eat and talk about getting to Thanksgiving."

Five naked bodies munched and relaxed in the sun. Ellen announced, "Lucas, I'm taking my benefits tonight, so you only have to deal with C-M here. I realize that is a challenge."

Marie, my original lover, stared at me with a knowing look. Invited to her bed after climbing Rainier together and never looking back. The fierce French woman who made things work by talent and force of will. I pulled her tight and kissed her ear.

Arm around my neck, she said, "We don't have to do this here. I'm not like that young kid who was bouncing on you."

While Lyn was complaining loudly, C-M was raised in my arms and lowered onto a revived cock that immediately felt right at home. I had her facing outward and said, "No bounce left in you?"

With an oath, she tried to squirm away, but I had a tight grip, and gave her a strong thrust to shake up her attempt at control. We were like that, two partners vying for the lead in every contest. I loved her, and I loved the others too.

Cursing, she went to hands and knees and cried, "Finish me, useless brute!"

A little later, we were flat and still shaking. The three women sat laughing. "Didn't need that, C-M? Why are you pink all over?"

She sat up with a smile. "Damn, he is a good fuck. I guess we need to keep him around!"

It was clouding up and cooling off, so we decided to talk about the work calendar back in town. Claire and Richard were needed for that discussion anyway. When we reached the B&B, there were delicious smells coming from the kitchen. I hugged Claire and asked, "You are doing something special for the East Coasters?"

"Yes, beef bourguignon. They will be tired and can have as much or as little as they want."

I tilted her head up for a quick kiss, "You are a marvel, Claire." She looked across the room at Richard, who was frowning. "See, someone appreciates me!"

Cleaned up, I asked Ellen if she wanted to do the airport pickup, volunteering to go myself if she wished. Suddenly, I had my back against the wall and Ellen was saying, "Lucas, I was a good girl at lunch, but I can be a very bad girl tonight if I don't get the proper attention!"

With head on my chest, her hips worked against mine. I pushed back and asked, "Lover, you have me in a corner. How am I supposed to deal with three horny women from the East and you too?"

Her tongue swept back and forth across my lips. "You will have to promise another orgy."

I sighed and sank to the floor with her in my arms. Her eyes danced and a hand slapped at my cheeks.

"I shouldn't admit this, but you are very lovable at this moment. Caring for us, looking out for us, and providing great sex. At least most of the time."

"Most of the time?!" I made the outrage obvious.

"Yes, most of the time. Just today, I had to get you out of trouble at lunch."

Groaning, I sank further to the floor. I seemed to be spending time there fending off the attentions of my women.

"We are going to the airport together. You need protection."

Walking to the car, Ellen was still on a high from the lunch. I poked her bum and said, "You like being done with that high tech attack stuff, don't you."

She stopped me for a hug and a hot kiss. "God, yes, Lucas. I know it is part of the future, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. How does C-M take all that pressure?"

"She has so much talent and determination. When we came off Rainier and she invited me in for a drink and then her bed, I couldn't figure what a woman like that saw in the oddball guy making money in the stock market."

I pulled into a slot at the airport and Ellen promptly crawled over the console and into my lap.

"Yes, definitely oddball. How else does one guy get into the panties of so many otherwise intelligent women?"

We were in such a tender moment, pressed tightly together, that we didn't even notice the three frowning faces until they tapped on the window.

Ellen didn't move, just smiled, gave them a finger wave and went back to kissing me.

"Bad girl." I reached over and opened the door and tripped the trunk latch.

We were driving away when the lovely Finnish accent said, "Ellen, was that something special? Are we supposed to be getting a message?"

The CEO demonstrated she was out of control by climbing over the seat into their laps and applying kisses everywhere. "I am so happy you are back safe and sound. I was just saying the same thing to Lucas about the net attack."

Maybe she didn't realize it, but the tough CFO from Wall Street had gone into soft mode, rubbing and caressing her kittens like a Mommy cat. All the way to the house, there were little loving sounds from the back seat.

12