Traditions Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
honeyblood
honeyblood
183 Followers

"I said, calm down now."

"Let go!"

Somewhere in the darkness, the man holding her had found a door and took them through it. It took a moment for her eyes to adjust to the change in light, but Cheyanne could tell that the door must have led them outside, probably to the ally beside the club.

The large man holding her roughly pushed her against the wall and used his chest to pin her there.

"Why don't ya give me one more kiss before you leave."

Recognizing the voice, Cheyanne looked up into the face of the man she had been dancing with inside.

"You must be crazy."

"Come on, just one kiss." He pleaded. "Of course, I'll opt for your phone number as well."

"In your dreams." She spit at him.

"Fine, then I'll just take your number." He smiled down at her and rubbed his hand against her soft cheek. Closing his eyes, he inhaled her scent once more.

"No." Giving him one good shove, Cheyanne found that she was able to push him back enough to give him one good kick to the knee.

"Ahh!" Declan crumpled over and clutched his left knee.

Putting a good five feet away from him, Cheyanne turned and faced her capture. "What the hell do you think you're doing?"

"Ahh, oww, Damn it!" Declan continued to rub his sore knee.

"Answer me!" she shouted.

He straightened up. "Damn, woman, what the hell you do that..." Turning to her he stopped mid-sentence as he gazed at the beauty he had just tried to grab. He had never gotten the chance to get a good look at her face when they were inside. All the lights were dimmed down, and made it hard to see anyone on the dance floor. Now, standing under the fluorescent lights of the ally, he could see her perfectly. He had made a huge mistake in thinking that she was a gypsy. This girl wasn't even white.

"Yar black."

"Well no dip Sherlock, of course I'm black." Cheyanne paused for a moment before place her hands on her hips. "And what the hell is that supposed to mean?"

Declan was momentarily distracted by the way her hands sat on her sexy hips. "What? Oh, no no, I didn't mean it like that."

"Then what the hell did you mean?"

"I thought you were," he tried to think of a way to put it lightly, "someone else."

She stared at him in disbelief. "Are you serious? Who could you have mistaken me for? You know what, maybe I should go find this person I look so much like and try to warn them about you."

Now he was starting to get annoyed. "Oh come on now, you're just being ridiculous."

Cheyanne gasped. She could not believe what she was hearing. "I'm being ridiculous? I'm not the one grabbing random women and pulling them out into deserted allies."

This girl was getting him all wired up and he didn't like the way she was pushing his buttons. He took a step forward and looked down at her with a hard stare. "Trust me, little dove, if you were any other girl I know, you wouldn't be spitting fire at me like ya are now."

Not intimidated by his tough guy façade she continued. "Oh really, well then I guess the other girls you know must either be crazy or stupid to let you treat them like that. Cause I sure as hell wouldn't."

Declan had had about enough of this girl. "Listen bitch, I'm tired of listening to you rant about shit you clearly don't know about. Ya don't know nothing bout me or my people. So why don't ya just shut the hell up!" He took a step towards her.

"Don't come near me!" Cheyanne got a little weary when she saw him get angry. At the moment, she knew next to nothing about this man and didn't want to test his limits.

Declan noticed the way she backed away from him. He probably scared her more then he meant to. With the whole misunderstanding about the way he grabbed her, he could see why she was so tense. Hell he was tense, too.

Declan sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. "I'm not gona hurt you, little dove."

The woman was silent for a moment before she answered. "Don't call me that. I'm not your 'little dove'."

"Alright, fine," he waved his hand around. "I don't give a shit."

There was silence between the two of them for a couple of minutes, each one sizing up the other one. No one was willing to give in and break the tension between them. After a while though, the silence became awkward.

Cheyanne hesitated before speaking. "I'm Cheyanne."

"What?" Declan had been lost in his own train of thought.

She sighed. "I said I'm Cheyanne. Cheyanne Turner."

He nodded his head. "Declan."

She waited for a moment. "Declan. Just Declan?"

"Yup."

"You're not going to give me a last name to go with that."

"I don't know you, so why should I."

Cheyanne sigh in annoyance. "And what did you mean about 'your people'? Who are your people?"

He looked away from her and put his hands in his jeans. "Nobody."

"Oh, ok I get it. Just treat the black girl like she's some dumb bitch. Maybe she'll just forget after a while. I get it."

Oh this girl was testing him. "Irish Travelers," he looked to her. "Gypsies."

Nodding her head in realization, she finally understood why he was being so closed off and secretive. "I see."

He scoffed. "No you don't, and don't bothering trying to understand. Country folks like you never do. You'll just waste your time."

Cheyanne rolled her eyes. "Hey, I'm not just some country chick, okay. I grew up in Dallas, Texas Einstein."

He sighed. "See that's exactly what I mean." Declan shook his head. "'Country Folk' is a term we use when we talk about non-travelers. You, for instance, would be considered a country girl."

Cheyanne merely nodded. "Fine, I'm a country girl."

After standing there for nearly five minutes now, Cheyanne could start to feel the pain in her feet increase. "Ahh, these damn heels." Walking over to Declan, she pushed her purse at his chest. "Hold this real quick."

Declan looked at the purse as if it were a pair of dirty boxers. "Excuse me?"

Cheyanne gave him an annoyed look. "Look, my feet are killing from these heels and I can't freaking well take them off with my purse in my hand, now can I. So can you just hold it for a sec?"

Declan looked at the poor girl wobbling on her feet for a moment before begrudgingly consenting to the stupid purse. Cheyanne sighed in relief as she removed one shoe, and then the other. She wiggled her toes for a moment and tried to get some feeling back into them.

"Ah, thank you."

"Whatever." Declan grumbled

.

Just then, the side door opened, revealing a very frantic looking Hannah and a very confuse Aidan walking into the ally.

"Oh my God, Cheyanne, where have you been? I've been looking for you for the past ten minutes."

"Yeah sorry," she went to hug her friend and get away from Declan. "I got a little side tracked."

Hannah gave her a confused look. "What?"

Cheyanne shook her head. "Nothing, I'll tell you later." Turning back, she looked and saw that Declan was now conversing with the other guy Hannah had been dancing with. He was distracted and wouldn't even notice her leave. "Look, can we just go?"

"Yeah, of course we can?" Rapping her arm around her friend, Hannah led Cheyanne down the alley and out of sight.

"It looked like ya were enjoying yourself out there on the dance floor."

"Yeah, I was." Declan said simply.

"Didn't know you had a thing for black girls?" Aidan joked.

"I don't." Declan turned back to look at the girls, only to find that both girls were gone.

"She left." He was surprised, although he didn't know why.

"Huh," Aidan shrugged. "Well look on the bright side. If you didn't get her number, at least you got her purse."

"What?" Declan looked down at the purse in his hand and cursed under his breath. Damn girl left her purse.

"At least it matches your eyes." Aidan laughed while dodging a shot that Declan tried to make at him. "T'ink of it this way, mate; now you know you'll to see her again. She'd got to get her purse back sometime."

Looking down at the small black purse in his hands, Declan realized the wisdom behind his cousin's stupid words. The purse was a guarantee that he would have to see her again. He was still trying to decipher why he wanted to see her again. But maybe once he did, he'd find a reason why. Gazing down the narrow corridor, Declan licked his lips and tasted the lingering kiss they shared.

honeyblood
honeyblood
183 Followers