Traditions Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“Sounds beautiful.” Cheyanne spoke after a moment.

“It was.” He answered. “Every year my mom goes out and gets my youngest sister Joanne new dresses for Christmas. It’s some’ting the mothers tend ta do for their youngest daughters. My mom gets at least…” he paused to count, “three dresses made each year, I think. One of them tends to be red, cause it represents the blood of Christ. This year, however, my mom didn’t get new dresses for my little sister. The twins, Patrick and Joanne, went ta thar first communion this year. So my mom spent loads of money to make sure they had the best outfits out of all the kids at church.” He smiled. “We’re very religious if you can’t tell.”

Declan heard a faint laugh. “I can tell.” She was silent for a moment. “Why are you telling me this?”

He sighed. “Before ya left, ya told me that you’d be will’in to wait until I felt comfortable sharing my secrets wit ya. And honestly…I can’t think of anyone who’d be will’in to be that patient wit me. No one. Even my parents get frustrated when they think I’m hide’in some’ting from them. That’s just the way I’ve always been, though. It’s just easier to be closed off towards people because then they won’t be able ta find a reason ta hurt me family.”

“But I dona want to hide any secrets from you Cheyanne. I dona have any secrets wit ya. I trust ya, and I know ya won’t do anything to hurt me or me family.”

The line was silent for a moment, as both tried to gather their thoughts and feelings together. Declan had certainly thrown a lot on to Cheyanne, and she hadn’t expected their conversation to go in this direction when she first picked up the phone.

“Declan, I want you to know I would never do anything to purposely hurt you or your family. I don’t know what else to say to make you believe that…”

“Baby, ya dona have to say any’ting. I told ya that. You’ve proven ta me that I can trust ya, and ya don’t have ta convience me otherwise.” He shook his head. “I care about you Cheyanne…a whole lot more than I ever expected, and I want us to work. Yar different from any other girl I know. My parents, hell, my whole family doesn’t really like different. But I don’t give a damn any more. As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to you, they can all just kiss my ass.”

She smiled. “You make it sound like I’m the perfect girl.” She said.

After a moment he said, “Maybe you are.”

Cheyanne knew that he had admitted a lot in that statement, and she would be lying if she didn’t say it made her unbelievably happy to hear him say those things.

“Declan…” She began.

“That’s my name.”

She gave a small laugh before taking a deep breath to steady herself. “You could not possibly imagine what I’m feeling right now. Hell, I don’t even know what I’m feeling right now. I couldn’t even put it to words.”

“Is…that a good thing?” He asked hesitantly.

She gave a hardy laugh this time. “Yes, that’s a good thing.”

“Good.” He lowered his voice and whispered. “Come home.”

“I am. I’ll be home before you know it.” She said. “Although I do wish I had picked an earlier flight now.”

“When are you leaving?”

“In four days.”

“Can I pick you up?”

“Do you even have to ask?” She countered. They both shared a small laugh.

“Cheyanne, you better hurry up and get in here.” Renee shouted from the living room. “Your little niece over here has been eyeing your present, and if you don’t hurry up, there might not be anything for you to unwrap.”

Cheyanne smiled and playfully grunted. “I have to go.”

“Okay baby.” Declan said. “I’ll call you later?”

“I’d be made if you didn’t.” She replied.

After a few seconds, the line disconnected, and Cheyanne slowly removed the phone from her ear. She calmly basked in the happiness of the moment before walking down the hall and into the living room.