Tragedy and Love

Story Info
A young widow finds love again.
20.9k words
4.66
21.1k
41
7

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 02/09/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
kim2734c
kim2734c
49 Followers

This is my first story in quite a while. I want to thank my editors for rereading it and offering suggestions. It is a little longer than I originally intended, but I got carried away.

If you do not care for interracial sex, please do not read it. As always, I welcome your thoughts and critiques, but be nice! I have already started part two.

Tragedy and Love

-

Tragedy

I looked at myself in the mirror and thought, "I look beautiful." I know it sounds vain, and it probably is, but I had worked hard for months getting ready for this day. I had been a regular at the gym and had lost those last few pounds I wanted to shed before my wedding. I loved the way my wedding dress hung off my shoulders and the way my long blonde hair hung to one side of my head. Being tall (I am 6'1"), I have always struggled with clothes and worried about the way they look on me.

My maid of honor and my mother helped me get dressed. Mom could not stop smiling as she helped me with my bodice. "Amelia, Mike is going to love this," she whispered as she finished buttoning the back. "I am so proud of you and happy."

Stephanie, my maid of honor, was as usual a little more direct. "I love it! With all that cleavage showing, Mike may not be able to make it through the ceremony!"

My mom winced but kept smiling. She had wanted me to wear something a little more conservative, but I wanted something more revealing. This off the shoulder, V-neck, A-line dress with a lace bodice was perfect.

Mike and I met at UNC while I was in law school. Stephanie had introduced the two of us, and we hit it off immediately. After two years of dating, we decided to get married. Mom and dad had spared nothing so that their only child would have the perfect wedding.

Daddy, yes I still call him daddy, walked me down the aisle as the trumpet and organ played. Mike and the groomsmen looked handsome in their black tuxes. Mike's broad shoulders and beautiful smile made my heart race. His dark hair and blue eyes had captured my heart the first time I saw him.

I walked down the center aisle of the largest Methodist church in Chapel Hill. Candles were lit, the bridesmaids were smiling and beautiful, and there stood Mike, the man I was going to be with for the rest of my life. I was a princess, and he was my prince.

I turned to face Mike, and I could see all my friends smiling. My family and Mike's were watching the two of us, and I could sense their happiness. We both said, "I do" and turned to face the crowd. The pastor presented Mr. and Mrs. Conner to the crowd, the trumpet and organ sounded again, and we walked down the aisle hand-in-hand.

The ceremony was over too quickly. We had been planning the wedding for months, and it was over in the blink of an eye. The photographer took the traditional pictures with all our family members and the wedding party, and then we all headed over to the Carolina Inn for the reception. There was a band, toasts, wonderful food, and dancing; everyone was happy, and I was in love.

After the reception, I went to my parent's room to change. My mom was there to help me out of the dress. I pulled on a tangerine sundress and kissed my mother. We both knew our lives would never be the same, and we wanted to share this special moment together.

The best man, Jack, who was Mike's closest friend, drove Mike's Jaguar around front for us to leave. We ran through a shower of birdseed and jumped inside. We were taking our first trip as husband and wife. We didn't go very far—Mike had rented a wonderful bed-and-breakfast nearby since we were leaving early in the morning to fly to Costa Rica for two weeks. We hopped out of the car, and I grabbed my little bag. I left my luggage for the honeymoon packed in the trunk. Mike and I walked in, and he signed us in as Mr. and Mrs. Conner. I smiled as I watched him sign our married name. He took my hand as we walked to the elevator. As soon as the door closed, he was kissing me. "Why Mr. Mike Conner," I teased, "whatever has gotten into you?"

He pressed his lips against my ear and whispered, "Well Mrs. Amelia Conner, just wait and see what gets into you!" I felt myself blush. We walked into the honeymoon suite. It was beautiful! He dropped his bag while I sat my little one on the antique dresser. He said, "We had better get to bed pretty quickly, we have an early day tomorrow."

I laughed at him and asked, "Are you sure you want to go to sleep now, or is this one of your ploys to get me into bed?"

He answered, "I am married to you sexy woman. I don't need a ploy to get you into bed. Why don't you change into something a little more comfortable while I open the bottle of champagne I ordered for us?" I smiled and grabbed my bag as I headed into the bathroom. I had picked a beautiful white negligee to wear tonight. I wanted our first night together as husband and wife to be full of love and passion.

I walked out of the bathroom, and he was already pouring the drinks. He looked at me and said, "You are beautiful." I slinked up beside him and pressed my breasts against his arm. "I am the lucky one," I said. I took my drink, and together we sipped from champagne flutes.

We finished quickly as there were other things on our agenda. Mike took the glass from my hand and pulled me towards him. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me into his body. We kissed each other, and I could feel his excitement. Mike had changed into some slacks and a polo shirt after the reception and had already taken off his socks and shoes. He pushed me back so I sat on the edge of the bed, and he stood in front of me. I reached up and started undoing his belt and pants. "Why Mrs. Conner, whatever do you have on your mind?" he slyly asked. I looked up at him and said, "I think you have something down here that I need."

As soon as I unfastened his belt and pants, he pulled his shirt over his head and threw it to the floor. I pulled his pants down, and he kicked them off. His hard cock was in front of my face straining to escape from his boxers. I reached around and grabbed his butt and pulled him towards me. I started kissing him through his boxers, and I could hear him moan. I know he loves me to please him orally, and I wanted to make this night perfect. I pulled his shorts down and took him in my mouth. I wrapped my lips around his shaft and slowly started moving my head back and forth as I felt him get even harder in my mouth. I love feeling him in my mouth.

He reached down and held my head as he started slowly thrusting, matching my rhythm. "Baby, I love the way you suck me. You make me feel so good." I wrapped my hand around his hardness and stroked him as I continued to suck.

He pulled away and looked down at me. "Slide over baby," he said. He kicked his shorts off, and I slid over to my side of the bed. He moved beside me and ran his hands up and down my body. I could feel that little tingle in my stomach.

He ran his hands under my negligee and began to explore my breasts. My nipples responded, and he began to play with them. I was already wet with excitement as he slid his hand into my panties. His hand found my special spot.

"You know exactly what to do," I purred. It was my turn to moan. I sat up and pulled off my negligee and slid my panties off. We were both naked and aroused. We passionately kissed each other, tasting each other as our tongues danced in each other's mouths. He rolled over on top of me, and I spread my legs. I wrapped mine around his as he reached down and rubbed his hardness against me, sliding it up and down against my wet slit. He was teasing me, knowing I wanted to feel him inside me.

"Please, I need you," I pleaded. He slowly pushed his thick head inside of me and began to move in and out of me. I held his face and kissed him as he began to slide in deeper and deeper.

"I love you", he said as he began to move faster. I reached around and grabbed his hard butt and pulled him into me. I wanted him. He started that rhythmic thrust that puts me where I need to be. The base of his cock was sliding against my swollen clit. Knowing what he likes, I leaned up and began to lick and bite his nipples as he slid in and out of my hungry body.

I heard him begin to moan, and I lost control. "Yes baby," I groaned as a wave of pleasure rocked me. Knowing I am pleasing him is such a turn-on. I could feel his orgasm begin as he grunted and emptied himself inside me. "Oh baby, it's just so good. I cannot believe I get to spend the rest of my life with you," he said.

He collapsed on top of me and didn't move. I could feel him throbbing inside my wetness. He eventually rolled off, and I got up and went to the bathroom to get clean. When I came back with a towel for him, he was already asleep. I climbed into the bed and slid next to him. He wrapped his strong arms around me, and we spooned as I fell asleep. I woke up the next morning to a clap of thunder as rain pounded against the windows of our suite. Mike pulled me closer and held me against him. I thought, "This is the way it is supposed to be."

Mike's alarm went off a little later, and we both showered and got ready to go. We had an early flight and had to rush. We ran downstairs and had a quick breakfast before we left. He ran out with an umbrella and pulled the car up as I ran out with my bag. I threw it in the backseat and jumped into the front. He beamed at me and said, "Good morning Mrs. Conner." I loved this man!

The rain was bouncing off the windshield as we sped to the airport. A couple of times we hit standing water, and I could feel the car slide as we hydroplaned. I told Mike not to speed, but he said he wanted to get to the airport before we missed our flight.

As we were hurrying down the interstate, there was another flash of lightning. Suddenly, I heard a horn blow and saw a truck coming directly at us. I remember screaming and the airbag hitting my face.

I woke up in the hospital two days later. I was in a bed with tubes coming out of my arms and nose. The room was spinning, but I could make out the shapes of my mother and father sitting beside my bed. I was in a fog, but I remember asking my parents, "Where am I?" My mother was crying and holding my hand.

My dad answered, "You are in the hospital sweetie. You have been here for two days."

"What happened Daddy?" I asked. I couldn't think. My mind was molasses.

He told me that a big truck had pulled onto the interstate going in the wrong direction. Apparently, the driver had been drinking and the rain had confused him. He had pulled into our lane and hit our car head-on. Still dazed I asked, "Where is Mike?" My mother started crying more and squeezed my hand even harder. The nurse came into the room and stood beside me. I tried to turn my head and asked in a louder voice, "Where is Mike?"

Daddy looked at me and said, "He didn't survive the wreck. I am so sorry baby."

I could feel my world crashing around me. I tried to get out of the bed and began screaming. The nurse turned a valve on one of the bags that was connected to a tube running in my arm. I went to sleep again.

Recovery

I was in the hospital for nearly a week. I missed my own husband's funeral. I had a broken leg and cuts on my arms and face from the airbag. I had a concussion and had two black eyes. My body was bruised. The orthopedic surgeon told me that I was lucky to be alive. I wasn't so sure. Besides the obvious physical damage, I was an emotional wreck. When I left the hospital, my parents insisted that I stay with them while I recovered. After a week, I was able to move with the help of a walker.

In the corner of my room was my luggage that the police had recovered from the wreckage. There in my bags were the clothes I had packed for my honeymoon. I pulled out an old t-shirt of Mike's that I loved to wear when I was sleeping. I held it against my face and could smell him. I sobbed.

Mike's parents came to see me, and I could see their pain. We could not talk without crying. I was empty inside and wanted to die.

The physical therapists had me trying to walk almost immediately. My sweet parents drove me to the office and stayed with me while the therapists did their best to torture me. Eventually I was able to walk, and over time, most of the outward signs of the accident began to heal.

Mike had taken care of many things before we married. He had purchased a large life insurance policy that meant that I would never have to work unless I wanted to. I was already on his health insurance as a spouse and still had my individual policy from the firm. The senior partner at my law firm visited me. She told me to take all the time I needed and not to worry about anything at work.

I started seeing a counselor to help with my emotional recovery. I was damaged and knew I needed help. I finally was able to go to the gravesite. Both Mike's and my parents went with me. We all cried as we recounted the wedding and our short life together as husband and wife. I had been married for less than 24 hours when he was taken from me. Slowly, I began to heal. The counselor I was seeing suggested starting an exercise routine and to slowly reinsert myself back into society. Many of the bridesmaids and other friends came to visit me while I rehabilitated.

I had been on the college tennis team when I was an undergrad before going to law school. I had always loved playing and played number-one singles during my senior year. I started going to the court and hitting with some of the pros that worked there.

Even though I was moving slower and had to work on my timing, it felt good to push my body. The exercise seemed to help with my emotional stability. I called my office and asked if I could come in and talk. The law firm I worked for had offices all over the Southeast. I talked to one of the partners and asked her for my options.

She offered me my old position back if I wanted it. I told her it might be better if I moved away for a while in order to get my life back together. She said she would make a few calls and get back with me. The next day she called and said that the Atlanta office had a position that was perfect for me. I told her I was ready.

I talked to my parents and explained what I was doing. They were a little upset that I was going so far, but they understood. I also talked to Mike's parents who were grateful that I had included them. It had been over six months since the accident, and I was ready to try to start living again

The Move

I found a relator who helped me find a nice apartment in Buckhead, which is in North Atlanta. It was near my new office and seemed like a good location for me.

I met the partners at the law office. They were friendly and helpful. I was ready to dive into my work and focus on anything but the accident. I work primarily in contract law. Business was booming in Atlanta, and I immediately settled into work. I was always one of the first there and one of the last to leave.

My routine was to get up early, go for a run, get cleaned up, and go to work. I always dressed in business suits that were very conservative. I kept to myself and worked hard. I still wore my wedding band. I could not take it off.

I mentioned to some of the other attorneys that I played tennis and was looking for a place to play. I did not mention that I had been a college tennis player. One of the interns told me there was a group in Atlanta called the Atlanta Lawn Tennis Association (ALTA). If I could get on a team, I could play a couple of times a week and practice with them.

I contacted them and found a team near my apartment that I could join. I was pretty pumped knowing that I could finally get out and meet some people and play some tennis.

Things were going great at work. I had been in Atlanta for nearly a year now, and the partners recognized my efforts and rewarded me with more responsibility and a promotion. I had my own office and an assistant. My body seemed to have fully healed, and I was beginning to feel strong again.

I met my tennis team on a Wednesday evening for our first practice. It was a mixed team, and there were ten players at practice; there were six girls and four guys. The captain, a nice lady named Sue, told me that several of the regulars were not at practice and only ten of us could play at a match. She told me that since I was new, I would probably begin as an alternate. I told her that would be fine, I would help the team any way I could.

I know this sounds haughty, but one of my favorite things to do is to beat a sexist jock in tennis. It usually begins with some guy saying something cute about having to play against a girl. I will let him keep talking and then kick his butt on the court.

Practice began with me warming up with the other alternates. I was playing with a sweet girl named Robin who was an okay player. We were hitting against two guys named Gerald and Tony. We started at the baseline hitting crosscourt shots. I can do this all day and not miss.

I was hitting against Gerald, and he started being condescending. He was hitting me easy balls and said he did not want to hit them too hard for me. I was focused on hitting deep, consistent returns and did not say anything. I let him keep talking for about 10 minutes and then decided it was time to shut him up.

He was hitting to my forehand, and I started cracking winners. He started hitting them harder, and I just hit them back even harder. He started hitting to my backhand hoping that it would be weak. I personally think it is my better side, and I started popping two-handers back that he could not touch. My partner Robin was watching this and started laughing. I never said a word.

We rotated so Robin was hitting against Gerald, and I was hitting against Tony. We did the same drill, and I never missed a shot. We started hitting serves.

I usually warm up spinning the ball to different parts of the serving box and then popping some serves to the corners. Tony was serving to me and was trying to impress me with his power. He hit a couple of good serves, and I chipped them back to him. I hit my spin serves and then popped two aces. Being tall gives me an advantage when it comes to hitting serves. I was feeling good.

Sue told us to start playing tiebreakers and then we would play 'King of the Court", which is a game where the winners move up a court and the losers move down. Since Robin and I started on the bottom court, we would either stay at the bottom or move up.

We easily won our match and moved up a court. Tony and Gerald looked stunned. We kept winning and moving up. At the end of the practice, we were on court number one with Sue.

Robin and I had a great time, and I believe it was the first time I had really smiled since the accident. Sue came over and said she could tell I had played before. I told her I really enjoy playing tennis but did not mention my college tennis. I got back to the apartment that night and called my parents. I told them what a good time I had playing tennis and how things were going at work. I could tell they were happy that I was finally getting out again.

Mom asked me, "Have you met any nice guys yet?" I told her that I didn't think I was ready for that yet. She said she understood but thought it might do me some good. I got ready for bed and took a long, hot shower. I love the feel of hot water on my body, especially after a good workout. I lathered up and washed my hair. I shaved my arms and legs and then rinsed. I got out of the shower and dried myself with a big, fluffy white towel.

As I did, I looked at myself in the mirror. My long blonde hair hung down below my shoulder. My body was lean and strong, and my 34B breasts looked full and perky. I turned around and looked at my backside. Being tall, I pay particular attention to my legs. I admired how toned they had gotten since the accident. I had not really looked at myself as a woman in nearly two years. I slept like a baby.

kim2734c
kim2734c
49 Followers