Trailing Home Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers

Before she could completely relax, he resumed his stroking, forcing her onto a new plane of desire, where he knew her need would flay her even more fiercely until her emotions were as raw and exposed as his. When he felt her body start to respond, when she had flowered for him once again, when she was trembling as her body helplessly clenched around his fingers, he withdrew his hand but kept her anchored in place before him. He stroked her throbbing folds with just the pads of his fingers, gently blowing cool air across her heated, wet flesh as he let the moments stretch out, knowing that she was feeling exposed, uncertain, and utterly, achingly empty.

Selena choked back a sob, trembling with anticipation until at last he rose on his knees behind her. She waited breathlessly for him to unbutton his breeches, biting her bottom lip as the moments stretched out into an eternity. At last, she felt his erection hot and heavy against her buttocks, sliding and rubbing against her, but he made no move to enter her, and she tilted her hips backward in brazen invitation. She didn't care that she was humbling herself in this way before him. The emptiness he had created inside her was driving her mad. She needed him inside her. He seemed oblivious to her desires, and she released a heart-felt groan.

"Liam, please," she gasped, her voice trembling with her plea.

Liam grasped hold of her hips and plunged into her with one forceful stroke. He emitted a low growl of satisfaction when her scalding sheath clasped eagerly around him, clinging to hold him inside. Selena submitted completely to his possession, feeling as if her body had become more his than hers. He ruthlessly demanded that she yield, and she gladly did so, using her body to soothe his fury and provide reassurance for his vulnerable soul.

They had always made love in only the dimmest of firelight, and for the first time, Liam was able to fully appreciate Selena's beauty by the light of the lantern. Her skin glowed pale and lustrous beneath his darkly tanned fingers, and he kneaded the reddened globes of her bottom, watching her skin flush beneath his palms. His erection was slick and shiny from her wetness, and he watched in fascination as he penetrated her to a relentlessly slow, hypnotic rhythm. With every stroke, she grew increasingly desperate, and quivering sobs escaped as she tried to urge him to go faster.

Liam gripped her hips and stubbornly refused to speed up the pace. From his vantage point, he enjoyed her splayed bottom, her arched back, and her violently bobbing breasts, barely glimpsed from the sides. He kept up the leisurely torture, invading her with increasingly forceful strokes until she became keenly sensitized to how deeply he was plunging into her, how wantonly her body was receiving him. Even as his hands anchored her in place, each powerful thrust impaled her further onto his erection.

The more blatantly Liam demanded, the more willingly Selena flowered beneath him, opening her knees and bracing on her arms for his thrusts. He knew he was winding her tension ever tighter but not going fast enough for her to reach fulfillment. His own body was clamoring for release, but he fought back the urge with determination, intent on maintaining the maddeningly slow rhythm. He wouldn't be satisfied until she felt as helpless as he had felt when he was searching for her. Only then would she be able to understand the depth of the vulnerability he felt where she was concerned.

Liam released her hips and bent close over her back to seize her breasts, his clever fingers sending shards of pleasure straight to her loins as he kneaded the heavy globes, still aching and sore from his earlier attentions. He squeezed hard on her sore nipples, rolling them between his fingers until they were once again throbbing, aching buds. Selena moaned with delight, arching her back and pressing them more fully into his hands, wordlessly begging for more.

"Promise you won't ever do anything so foolish again," Liam growled in her ear as he continued to torment her nipples and thrust deep within her.

His voice was so low and savage, she barely recognized it as his. Selena couldn't think clearly enough to process his words much less summon enough breath to respond.

"Promise!" he demanded with an even sharper squeeze, a deeper thrust.

"I promise!" she gasped. She would have promised anything just to get him to go faster.

Selena's agreement soothed a bit more of Liam's fury, although he continued to torment her nipples. He consented to speed up his pace. She could feel his hot ragged breath along her neck, and his teeth nipped at her shoulder. His body seemed to surround hers as he thrust within her again and again, harder, faster, deeper.

This was no gentle lovemaking but possession, clear and simple. He demanded; she yielded. He ravished; she acquiesced. He conquered; she trembled with desire. With greedy hunger, he consumed her, and her body lovingly submitted to satisfy his craving. After an eternity, their coupling finally culminated. Selena buried her face in the blankets to muffle her scream, and Liam's fingers dug into her hips to hold her immobile as he spilled himself inside her, shuddering violently as he found release. She felt his seed pour into her in hot, pulsing waves as her own body welcomed it deep into her womb. Spasms of pleasure wracked her so intensely that Selena could barely breathe.

Liam enjoyed the contractions of her pussy, as he remained buried to the hilt inside her, panting just as heavily as she was while he stroked the dewy sweat from her back and buttocks. When the waves of their mutual fulfillment finally subsided, Liam held Selena motionless and delayed withdrawing from her for what seemed like an eon, long enough for her to know that he would release her only when it suited him.

When he finally withdrew, he kept one hand clamped on her hip, holding her still as he parted her folds and gave her yet another thoroughly intimate caress with two long, searching fingers. Selena bit her lip as her pussy tightened convulsively around his fingers and without conscious thought, she rocked her hips backward against his hand, wordlessly inviting his touch. She couldn't have denied him even if she had wanted to. They both knew at that moment that her body was his to command. Apparently, her acquiescence appeased him, for Liam grunted his approval and stood up without a word. Helping her to her feet, his eyes locked with hers, and the look he gave her as he fastened his breeches promised further retribution.

"The night is young, Selena."

The growling timbre of his voice sent another shiver of anticipation tickling through her belly and loins causing her to shudder lightly, and his eyes flared in response. He searched her face, seeing that her eyes were still limpid with desire as he pulled her, unresisting, into his embrace. She was still so warm and willing. Damn if he wasn't tempted to take her again, then and there! He stroked the backs of his knuckles over her abused nipples, gratified to see them crinkle into tightly furled buds. He claimed her lips in a demanding kiss, and she submitted willingly to his thorough exploration of her mouth. Apparently she had understood his message, she was his! When he finally raised his head, his eyes were full of possessive heat.

"Just remember, I'll eat the soup, but you're still not off the hook. You're going to spend the rest of the night convincing me that you've learned your lesson, so don't plan on getting any sleep." With one final slap on her sore bottom, Liam released her and stalked out of the tent.

Selena waited until he was gone before she collapsed onto the pallet and allowed a smug feminine smile to emerge. She knew their neighbors must have heard the spanking and the sounds of her submission afterward, and her cheeks flamed at the thought. However, the thought of them knowing did nothing to diminish the satisfaction she felt.

Selena stretched sensuously on the blanket, wincing as her bruised buttocks connected with the hard ground. She couldn't help feeling much like the proverbial cat with the cream as her hands skimmed over her sore, aching nipples and still throbbing womanhood. Her body felt like it was glowing, literally tingling from his touch, and she giggled softly as she felt the sticky heat of his seed flowing down her thigh. She felt both completely sated and hungry for more. The fact that she had been able to goad Liam into forgetting his usual reserve thrilled her.

She had finally breached the final barrier between them, and for the first time, painful memories had not intruded on their lovemaking. Liam had meant to teach her a lesson, but he had unconsciously bared his soul and had proven beyond a doubt that he belonged to her as much as she belonged to him. Selena's grin widened. For the first time in her life, she was eagerly anticipating receiving the rest of her punishment.

***********

They knew they were on schedule when they reached Independence Rock on the 2nd of July. It was a large, low granite structure that resembled a huge hulking turtle. It covered several acres of prairie, and since there was abundant grass and clean water, they decided to camp there for a couple of days to rest and celebrate the holiday. It was a popular stop for emigrants, and there were dozens of other families camped nearby.

"Folks are happy to get here before the fourth of July," Liam said, "so they know they can make it across the mountains before the first heavy snowfalls. Falling behind could leave you stranded in the mountains without food or shelter."

"So we're doing well," Selena smiled, hugging his arm.

"Yeah," Liam grinned, "I guess bringing you along wasn't such a bad idea after all." He yelped as she hit him, but he was laughing. "Come on. Let's take a look around."

They walked around the base of the rock, and Liam pointed out where countless emigrants and fur traders had carved their names into the granite. There were thousands of names, and Selena laughed at some of the inscriptions.

"I love L.M.," she quoted, raising a suspicious eyebrow at Liam. "Was that carved by some love-sick maiden that met you on your earlier crossing?" she asked.

"I'll never tell, my sweet," Liam laughed, putting his arms around her waist. "But if it makes you feel any better, you can carve your initials just below it, canceling out any earlier claims to my affections."

They enjoyed a lovely two days at Independence Rock. Pies were baked and fiddles were brought out. There was much singing, dancing, and revelry. As they sat around the campfires listening to stories, Selena was struck by the hearty spirit of the emigrants, and she felt proud to be one of them. She reached over and clasped Liam's hand, and when he looked at her and smiled, everything was right in her world.

Their break from the endless traveling was short lived, and by the fifth of July, they were back on the trail. They covered increasingly rough terrain, and both the oxen and the wagons took a beating. Sometimes the wagon ruts were several feet deep where emigrants had passed before them, and the bumps became bone jarring. They reached another wide river, and since there was good grass and water, they decided to camp for a couple of days to rest the animals and overhaul the wagons. Their campsite was idyllic, but the heat and the mosquitoes kept it from being totally enjoyable.

Liam crawled beneath the wagon and inspected the axles and undercarriage. He greased the wheels and replaced some minor parts that were showing signs of wear. It was hot, difficult work, and he removed his shirt as sweat trickled over his back and chest. This only served as an invitation for the pesky mosquitoes, and Selena couldn't help but smile when she heard him mumbling curses as he swatted the bloodthirsty insects.

Recognizing his sour mood, Selena wisely gave him a wide berth, and she took the opportunity to launder all their blankets and clothes. She spread everything out to dry in the sun and warm breezes. There were some sparse trees lining the river banks, and she set out with the hatchet to collect firewood. She made several trips, stacking the wood in the back of the wagon for future use.

Selena had put a pot of beans on that morning, and she was just about to make some cornbread to go with them when she heard the sound of another wagon approaching. She turned to face the approaching vehicle, shading her eyes against the sun as she squinted to get a better look. When the wagon pulled up close by and she saw the driver, she let out a squeal of delight and ran to greet him.

Still on his back beneath the wagon, Liam craned his neck around and could see Selena's running feet. He heard the excitement in her voice, and he scowled in fierce jealousy when he saw a man's boots jump down from the wagon. It was obvious from the swirl of Selena's skirts that she had reached up to hug the man, and Liam growled as he scrambled out from under the wagon and stalked toward them.

"Oh Hank! It's so good to see you," she laughed, giving the man a fierce hug. "I had begun to think I would never see you again."

Hank laughed with pleasure at her exuberance. "Well, I've been keepin' my eye out for you, little lady." He gave her a wink as he held her at arm's length and gave her a thorough inspection. His smile grew even broader. "It sure looks like you been takin' my advice, 'cause you look even prettier than the last time I saw you."

"And what advice have you been giving my wife?" Liam demanded, approaching them with furious strides.

Hank spun around to face Liam as he came up behind him. Hank's expression registered surprise and then he turned back to Selena with a grin. "So this is your young man?"

"Yes," Selena laughed, hurrying to put her arm around Liam's waist. "Hank Roberts, I'd like you to meet my husband, Liam McKenzie. Liam, this is Hank."

As she made the introductions, Liam's face turned a bright red. Hank looked at least seventy five years old, and his face was weathered and wrinkled. He was missing some of his teeth, and when he grinned, there was a mischievous glint in his eyes. All in all, he had a thoroughly grizzled appearance, and it was instantly clear that there was no threat of the older man stealing Selena's affections.

"Nice to meet you, sonny," said Hank as he thrust out his hand and gave Liam a wink. "Did I make you jealous there, huggin' your missus?"

Liam shook his hand with a sheepish grin and his face turned even brighter. "Yes sir, I guess you did." Liam squeezed Selena to him and gave her a reproving look. "It kind of took me by surprise when I saw her hugging another man."

Hank hooted with laughter. "Well, I can't say I blame you. If I was forty years younger and married to a pretty young thing like Selena, I'd be a jealous husband too."

Selena squeezed Liam's waist and looked up at him with adoring eyes. "He has absolutely no reason to be jealous, Hank. Liam knows that I couldn't possibly even think about another man."

Hank nodded his approval. Turning to look at his companions who were approaching from behind him, he smiled at Selena again. "This is my son that I told you about. This is Matthew and his wife Cassie," he said as he pulled them forward for the introductions, "And these are my two grandsons, Adam and Peter." Hank indicated two handsome young men who were mounted on horseback.

Everyone exchanged greetings and it was quickly decided that they would make camp nearby and join their little traveling group. As the other family set up their camp, the two younger men had a hard time keeping their gazes from straying to Selena. Adam was twenty and Peter was eighteen, and it was clear that they were both smitten by her beauty. Perhaps it was because his jealousy had so recently been inflamed, but Liam scowled at the young men with uncharacteristic intensity when he noticed them staring at his wife. The fact that Selena didn't even seem to notice them did little to soothe his irritation.

Seeing his dark expression, Selena found a private moment with Liam and rubbed her hands along his arm as she smiled up at him. "What's the matter, Liam?"

"Nothing," he muttered, turning away from her probing gaze.

Selena pulled at his arm until he faced her, and the corners of her mouth quivered from suppressing a grin. "You're not still jealous about Hank are you?" she asked with a sweetly innocent expression.

Liam placed his hands on his hips and frowned down at her. "You could have mentioned the fact that Hank was old enough to be your grandfather," he pointed out. "I'm sure you knew even on board the ship that I was jealous of him."

Selena assumed a contrite look but there was still a twinkle in her eye. "Well, at the time, I thought it was fitting justice since I was eaten up with jealousy over Natasha." She wrapped her arms around his waist and waited until his gaze met hers. "But that's all behind me now. I know I have your love, and you know you have mine. There's nothing for you to be jealous about."

Liam consented to put his arms around her, but his lips were still petulant. "What kind of advice did you need from Hank, anyway? I'm not sure I like other men giving advice to my wife."

Selena gave a delighted laugh. "If you'll remember, the day I met Hank was the day after you and I had had a huge fight because I wouldn't sleep with you. I barely slept a wink that night, and the morning I met him, Hank was observant enough to notice how exhausted I was. I told him that I was newly married and that we'd had an argument." Selena traced Liam's lips with her fingers and smiled into his eyes. "His advice for a happy marriage was never to go to sleep angry."

"Hmmm," Liam said thoughtfully. "And how did he suggest that you avoid it?"

Selena gave a coquettish shrug, running her hands over his bare chest. "He didn't elaborate, but I took it to mean that I should do whatever was required to make my husband happy at bedtime."

"Hmmm," Liam grinned, warming to their topic. "Perhaps I should make it a habit to fight with you more often so that you'll have to do whatever I say at bedtime."

Selena stretched up to kiss him, heedless of any who might be watching. Her lips melded with his and she ended the kiss on a dreamy sigh. "Let's just skip the fighting and go straight to the making sure you are happy part."

After dinner that night, Hank pulled out a fiddle, and he entertained them all with his lively music. Adam and Peter took turns dancing with Natasha, Susan, Marcia, Cassie and Selena, and everyone's mood was light and happy. Selena's cheeks took on a rosy glow and her hair escaped in tiny wisps as she danced to a lively jig.

Lying on the grass, Liam leaned on an elbow and watched her, but he no longer brooded with jealousy. He simply enjoyed the sight of his young wife, her face wrought with enthusiasm and joy. Still, when Hank began to play a slow tune, Liam rose and claimed Selena for the dance. He didn't want any other man holding her in his arms. As they danced in the glow of firelight, their eyes met and held, and Selena's pulse quickened. No one was surprised when they made an early night of it.

************

Within a week, they were approaching the Continental Divide. They had climbed ever higher into the mountains, and although it was mid July, there was snow up to six feet deep in places. They collected buckets full of it, happy to have clean water to drink and bathe in. Selena giggled as she dropped a handful down the back of Liam's shirt, but he caught her around the waist when she would have scampered away.

"Still up to your sneaky tricks," he growled with a smile. "We'll just see how you like it."

Liam held her while he scooped up a handful of snow, but when he would have shoved it down her bodice, Selena pleaded for mercy with so much giggling charm that he had to relent. After all, there were other, more pleasurable ways he could think of to chastise her.

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers