Trailing Home Ch. 11

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers

Selena merely nodded. She sat still as Liam unbuttoned her dress and slid the sleeves down over her arms. Selena shivered.

“Are you sure you want me to stay?” Liam asked, uncertainty showing on his face.

“I’m shivering from cold,” Selena said with a smile, “not because you’re undressing me.”

“I’ll hurry then,” Liam said, clearly relieved by her answer.

He quickly unbuttoned her chemise, peeling it down to her waist. He lifted Selena onto his lap, slipping her garments off over her hips as he did so. His jaw hardened as he took in the bruises on her breasts where Jeb had mauled her. Misunderstanding his fierce expression, Selena hid her face against his neck in shame.

“Please don’t look at me like that?” she whispered. “I can’t bear it.”

Liam hugged her close against him, lifting the blanket up to wrap around her forming a warm cocoon as he held her.

“Sweetheart, I’m not thinking anything bad about you. I’m furious about what that bastard did to you.” His voice dropped lower as he continued. “And I’m angry with myself that I didn’t protect you from him. I should have never let him get his hands on you again.”

Selena pulled slightly away so she could look up at his face. She wore a puzzled frown. “Liam, there’s no way you could have known what was going to happen. I was just so relieved to see you. I knew you would come for me.”

Liam hugged her tightly, his chuckle rumbling in her ear. “Well, you didn’t need my help. By the time we caught up to you, you had already broken his nose and escaped.”

Selena smiled too. “Yes I did, didn’t I?” She stroked Liam’s chest, enjoying the reassuring feeling of his arms surrounding her. “I just couldn’t bear him touching me anymore, and I would rather have died than to let him carry out his threats.” Selena couldn’t suppress a shiver as she remembered.

Pulling away from Liam’s chest once more, Selena reached for the washcloth and soap. “I want to bathe. I feel so dirty.”

Understanding her need, Liam helped her to wash until every inch of her skin had been thoroughly scrubbed. He rubbed her dry with a towel and then pulled her once more onto his lap, tucking the blanket around them both. Several long moments passed while Liam stroked her hair and held her as the gloom of late afternoon gave way to the darkness of night.

“Are you hungry?” Liam asked her softly, not wanting to disturb the peace that surrounded them.

“No, I don’t feel like eating. What about you?”

“No, me neither.” Liam continued to stroke her hair.

Selena reached up and drew his head down to her, offering her lips to him. Liam kissed her tenderly, careful not to make any sexual overtures. Selena could sense his hesitation, and she pulled back with a sigh.

“I don’t think I ever told you why I asked you to bring me with you on this trip,” Selena said softly, as she gave him a wry smile. When Liam raised his brows in unspoken curiosity, she continued. “After the first time Jeb attacked me, I couldn’t bear for any man to touch me. The merest brush of a man’s hand made me cringe, and I started thinking that all men were animals.” She snuggled against his chest. “Then you came along. That first night I met you, you grabbed me and pulled me down onto your lap and propositioned me.”

Liam squirmed with discomfort, embarrassed by his actions that night. “Selena, I’m sorry about that. If I had known . . .”

“Shh,” Selena said, reaching to put her finger over his lips. Her smile was full of love as she gazed at him, leaning back against his arm so she could see his eyes. “Don’t be sorry, Liam. You changed my life in that moment. Even though I didn’t know you, I reacted to your touch. I knew instinctively that you were different. Instead of cringing with dread, I felt alive. I felt like a woman.” She caressed his cheek and gave him a shy smile. “I think I started falling in love with you that very night.”

Liam stared at her with wonder. “I thank my lucky stars every day that you were brave enough to ask to come along with me. I didn’t know that night that you were destined to be the love of my life.” He gave her a teasing grin. “I just knew I wanted to get inside your pantalets.”

Selena gave a humph, raising a haughty brow as she turned to straddle his hips and loop her arms around his neck. “Well, you certainly managed to do that,” she murmured with a suggestive rock of her hips against his. She saw the uncertainty in his face, and she placed her palms on his cheeks, forcing him to meet her eyes.

“That’s why I’m telling you this, Liam. I want you to understand that when you touch me, when you make love to me without reservation, you erase all the terrible memories from my stepfather. He can’t hurt me anymore when I know that you want me and you love me.” Her eyes locked with his, willing him to understand. “I don’t want you to handle me with caution, always remembering the past. I want you to make love to me with abandon, to make my body sing with pleasure. Only then can I forget all the hurt.”

Liam needed no further urging. He took her lips in a kiss that was tender but quickly became scorching. His hands explored her body, boldly and possessively with a hunger that made her skin burn. Selena pressed her own kisses and caresses on him, her hands divesting him of his clothing until he was lying naked beside her under the blanket. When he knelt between her thighs, she opened joyfully to receive him.

Their lovemaking was slow and sensuous as they took turns stoking each other’s passions. They shared their bodies without hesitation, more keenly aware than ever before of just how much they needed each other. When they finally lay sated, their limbs twined intimately under the tangled blankets, they had tasted the full measure of their love. Their eyes melded in the glow of firelight, and no words were necessary between them. The scars of the past had been healed and firmly laid to rest. Jeb’s abuse could never come between them again.

haremgirl
haremgirl
1,357 Followers