Train Ride to Hope

Story Info
Two strangers on a train during World War II.
3.7k words
4.49
19.1k
6
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The Rocky Mountains were beautiful, and on this clear, crisp June morning in 1943 Thomas Sullivan thought he might have already died and was in heaven. It was a place he thought a lot about lately and figured he might get to visit real soon. Hopefully. He also feared some of his more recent actions might warrant taking the elevator down. Tom was a 21 year old Army captain who had survived the invasion of French North Africa and was now headed home to Hope Ranch in Montana on his way to a new assignment.

Marie Dumont was a 22 year old French widow. Her husband had been killed in 1939 when Germany ran over France. She had been a nurse at Dunkirk and had luckily escaped to England and eventually got to Canada and eventually the United States where she lied and said she had family.

She had no one. No family in the entire world. No money, no real hope. She tried to join the Women's Auxiliary Corps but the Department of War did not want a French woman, so she was making her way to California to either be in movies or marry a rich man. Or to die.

She didn't care one way or the other. On this clear June morning she was dead inside anyway and just prayed for its sweet release so her soul could finally get to Heaven. She deserved it since she had already seen her share of Hell.

Despite the elevation and temperature outside, the train was stuffy and many people had the train windows open, and when the Conductor came by and yelled for the passengers to put up their windows they knew they must be approaching another turn or a tunnel, either of which would cover the rear of the train with the engine's thick black smoke. Marie struggled with her window but couldn't get the levers to slide in, releasing the lock so she could slide her window up. It was then that the handsome army man who got on in Omaha, Nebraska rose up to help her.

"May I help, you, ma'am?"

"Merci. Uh, excuse please, yes, please, and thank you," she said, slightly embarrassed yet grateful for his intrusion.

Marie noticed his ribbons on his uniform and his short cropped, brown hair. He had seen a lot of sun in his life and had squint marks around his eyes. But he was young, rugged and manly. He was taller than the average man and seemed solidly built. Her head probably came up to his neck or chin and looked as if his arms could protect anyone he chose to hold. His uniform looked like every other Army soldier, but fit differently. Better. Like he should be on a poster or in a movie. And that ribbon, the blue one with white stars. It looked important. Like he was brave, better than most. Yet he seemed humble.

And desirable?

Her François had been bookish and pale, almost frail but she had loved his mind. They had married and he had taken her virginity that night. He had not even left her with enough seed to plant a baby in her, and the next morning he was gone, off to fight the Evil Germans and save the world. He was supposed to be 150 miles away from any damned enemy Germans. Hitler and his God-forsaken flying angels of death had found him, and in the process turned her into an 18 year old widow. Different planes turned her into an orphan.

Tom noticed Marie when he boarded the train in Omaha. He had no idea she was French, but did notice the blonde hair and emerald eyes that looked like something a child would draw because of the bright and almost unrealistic color- no browns or hazel yellows, only mdeep green. Beautiful, she captured his gaze, but he noticed something else he had seen too many times already- that look that living people had who had died inside. She had experienced much tragedy in her life. With her accent, he rightly figured she had fled war-torn Europe.

Speaking in her native French, he struck up a conversation. He asked her what her name was and where she was planning to go.

"Aahh, you speak French so easily, how is that?"

"My mother left France after The Great War. Hopefully she taught me well," he said.

"She did! She did," Marie said. Her English was not great and she relished having someone to converse so freely with. Marie had found that many Americans were uncouth in how they only spoke a regional dialect and almost no one spoke what they considered a foreign language. But this handsome man spoke as a Parisian and was handsome, well educated, and...

Not like her François.

****************************

No sleeper car- not for Thomas and Marie anyway. Marie had almost nothing to begin with and Tom was traveling on government orders, so they slept next to each other in open seats that first night after they met. The next morning when the Conductor came by to tell them they were now finally welcome to go the the dining car, Tom noticed how Marie's green eyes sparkled and how her hair was still perfect, and she had snuggled up to him for safety or comfort. Marie noticed the alertness in his eyes. Tom held out his arm and escorted Marie to the dining car where they ate and before long it was time for Tom to disembark in Provo, Utah, on his way north to Montana.

"Marie, come with me," he asked.

"Come where? I have no clothes for this weather. I am going to warmth in California."

"Please. I have plenty of time and would like to spend it with you before I go to California. Will you at least spend a few days with me and then you can either travel the rest of the way to California with me or I will send you on a train anywhere else?"

"That all sounds so expensive, Thomas," Marie said.

"It's fine. Uncle Sam will pay."

"Uncle Sam? Is he family?"

"Sorry, 'Uncle Sam' is the nickname for the government. I am on orders and I have a wad of cash they paid me." Not the smartest thing to tell a woman you just met- that you have a wad of cash. But if she stole it and killed him, it wouldn't be much worse than North Africa or fighting Japan.

Marie thought, what's the worst that can happen? If he ends up being a Nazi spy and kills her, she gets her sweet release from this miserable life.

Or maybe it would end up being fun...

***********************

"Oh Thomas, this place is so beautiful! How can you afford this? Marie asked when they checked into an inn on the east coast of the Great Salt Lake. They had an evening meal just in time to watch the sun set in the lake.

Marie knew ugliness. Europe had been destroyed a generation before and had been destroyed again. It was hard to imagine so much beauty in this awful world. Tom knew war and death but also knew his share of beauty and other than his home and family's ranch in Montana, this was his second favorite place on Earth- a place his extended family owned. But he didn't tell Marie that. Maybe he would, but not yet.

They walked along the water's edge, holding hands like two teenaged lovers, both wanting to act but both afraid of rejection. And just as the green dot flashed as the very top of the sun sinks into a body of water, Marie's green eyes flashed, and she reached out to kiss him. Tom, not expecting it was slow to kiss back. At first Marie took this as rejection, but Tom quickly seized the initiative and pulled her in. Marie didn't know it, but he had less experience with women than she had with men. She quickly realized he wasn't a great kisser, but was eager. And for the first time in almost 4 years, so was she. The block of ice that had encased her heart had started to melt. And apparently the only place for it to exit her body was through her vagina, because Marie felt herself dripping. She had loved François, but she never had lusted for him like she was for Thomas.

Tom grew up on a ranch and didn't play with other kids too much. An only child, most of the ranch hands were single men. He grew up riding horses, learning how to become a cowboy, learning how to shoot and butcher and how to be tough. His mom had insisted he learn some civility and get some culture, but the 60 year old widow from nearby Kalispell that lived with them 5 months out of the year to tutor him had forgotten the "Birds and Bees" lesson. And so had his parents.

He had fingered his cousin Alice in Salt Lake City who was his age and she had given him a handjob. He played with her boobs, and she had squeezed his balls, not knowing how delicate they were. He also played around with Alice's sister Rose, but she only wanted to kiss.

Then he went off to war. And now he was back. Originally he thought maybe he would see Alice or Rose if he was lucky, but now he had found Marie, and realized he was in Heaven.

And Marie realized that outside of the confines of Hell in Europe, Heaven could simultaneously exist half a world away. And Thomas was that heavenly angel sent to give her a message of hope.

*****************************

They kissed on the sidewalk in front o public beach. The smell of salt was in the air, unseasonably warm air crawling in, feeling up the city streets and massaging the few people who happened to be out. Hundreds and thousands of miles from the blackouts on the United States oceanic coastlines and the ravages of complete war in Europe, Africa and unnamed or unknown Pacific Islands, Salt Lake City was calm. But that calm ended at their bodies. Thomas and Marie were both on fire. Marie, feeling a fire and a lust she never had for her husband; and Thomas, a passion and aching desire he knew of but had never had to this degree- knew they were headed over a cliff.

Falling into love in the middle of a global storm seemed to be a mean trick by Fate, but they both knew there wasn't much out there and they both intended to take what they were being offered.

Sleeping arrangements had never been discussed. They had one room with a sofa and a big bed. Now the arrangements seemed to take care of themselves. Thomas carried Marie across the threshold into their shared room, almost tripping over his army issued duffel bag, so he set her down on the bed, then paused, unsure of what he should do next.

Marie, equally unsure, acted first. She stood up and went to him, kissed him, and slowly removed his tunic, then loosened his tie. He followed her kead and removed her threadbare jacket, then they kissed. Next she slowly unbuttoned his dress shirt. The tension was crushing. She tried to move as fast as she could, but in her nervousness she struggled, so she went slow. When she had all of the buttons undone, she romoved his shirt, and he pulled his undershirt over his head. She traced his pectoral muscles and light chest hair. She stopped on the scar he had gotten from a barbed wire fence as a 12 year old rancher. And then she noticed the small scars on his shoulder from shrapnel.

He was not pale or bookish. He was tough, ruggd and handsome. And perfect!

After allowing Marie to linger a moment, Tom undid the buttons on her dress, and after undraping it from her pale shoulders, he allowed it to drop to the floor. Next he took 2 steps backwards so Marie could take 2 steps forward. He noticed her thin frame, how she had light freckles on her shoulders that matched the 7 or 8 freckles on her nose. He noticed her bra was unclean and too big, and her dingy panties were too big also.

She was fleeing from war, and she had suffered. She had nothing except the clothes on her perfect, perfect body. And he wanted to give her everything.

He struggled with her bra and she undid it for him and took it off her arms and dropped it on her pile of clothes. Then, she blushed and involuntarily covered her small breasts. She was suddenly ashamed of her body. She saw herself as dirty and skinny, and she saw Thomas as perfect, like he was chiseled out of marble by Michaelangelo himself.

Then she started to cry.

"Marie, I'm sorry, but I don't know what I did. I have never-"

"You are so perfect, and I am poor, dirty and unhealthy. I can never hope to be loved by someone so- so magnifique!" Marie said.

"Oh, Marie! I think you are the most beautiful woman in the world. I saw you as soon as I got on the train and just tried to come up with a way to talk to you. I- I just have...I mean, I don't...know..." Tom was stammering now.

"It is okay, Thomas, tell me what you want and mean," she said to him.

"It's just that," he didn't want to bring up the fact she had been married and had more experience than he did, "I think you are beautiful... and I hope we...I mean, I wish we could...but I've never..."

The 21 year old combat promoted young officer and leader of men in war was totally helpless around this vision of beauty. On the battlefield Thomas had excelled, but here, in this bedroom, he was completely helpless.

Marie regained control and even though she was practically a virgin, she took the lead. She had to. She needed this so she could live once again. She took the fear of falling in love with another soldier- this one a warrior- and locked it away. She did that with her pain daily, but in this case falling for this man would be dangerous and probably kill her if he was killed.

But she needed to feel the touch of a real man. Hopefully, if even for a night, she would know what it was like to live again.

Live like she never had. She didn't care if he was inexperienced, she needed his touch. Even if her François were alive and standing her right now, she would make love with this man.

For Thomas, he had seen his share of crap, and knew his life expectancy was not that great, but he would try his best to be a gentleman and love this goddess in front of him. He could not imagine a more beautiful woman anywhere else.

Next Marie undid his trousers and pulled his boxers down as Tom's raging cock sprang out and almost hit her in the face. The tip was almost purple and the hole in the tip had a clear, sticky substance leaking out. The stuff from François had been sticky but milky white. She reached out and touched it and Tom moaned. She liked that reaction so she took his huge manhood inti her mouth and kissed it.

And he lost control and spurted into her mouth. She pulled away and several more spurts shot out and hit her hair and face. That was the milky white stuff she had seen before.

"I'm so sorry Marie! I didn't know...I would have warned you! It all happened so fast!" Tom said.

"It is okay. Are you okay? Will you be able to..." she let the question hang in the air.

"Yes, I think I can go right now. But let me try something else I've heard about if thats okay," as a sparkle danced across his eyes.

Her heart skipped a beat. She had a big glob of his semen on her face and in her hair, but she was beautiful! He would remember that face forever- however long that was. She looked at the handsome man with the dancing cock and sparkling eyes and felt something she never really knew in her sad life, but something she relished almost as much as the lust in her thighs.

She knew peace. She knew she would be okay.

Tom asked her to lie down and spread her legs, but realized he needed to remove her panties and with her legs spread that would be difficult, so he started to tug them down, hoping she would put her legs together, but her panties tore off. It was unintentional, but they both realized she would be pantiless for the remainder of their time together, and they both smiled.

Tom had heard about guys kissing and licking a woman's private parts and wanted to try it. He was not sure about what to do, but he figured she would help him out.

He took a deep breath and noticed her soft blonde pubic hair. His was dark and curly- almost wiry, while Marie's was almost invisible. Nearly straight and thin. Alice's hair had been dark as well and surrounded her whole hole and went almost to her butt, but Marie...it was gorgeous! The thin, blonde hair and tiny pink lips nearly hid the sweet spot he was trying to find. She knew it had swollen open with her excitement but it was still a small opening. Tom momentarily just stared, unsure of what to do until Marie took her finger and spilt the opening, letting out a moan, and asked, "Do you like, Thomas? Do you like to play with me?"

The syntax of her sentence was wrong but the message was clear- she was open for his business. She pushed her finger in deeper this time and forced out an almost fake moan, and then used that finger to call him over, and then placed it in his mouth for him to suck.

They both almost came, but luckily neither did just yet.

"Play with me Thomas. Play with your finger inside of me," she said in a half beg, half command.

Tom took his index finger and ran it up and down the crease of her slit. He stopped at her pubic hair and then traced back through her pussy a little deeper this time. Her lips parted ever so slightly and his finger quickly slipped through to the bottom of her channel where he found the wall between her entrance and exit holes. He touched it and she jumped a little and let out a little "ooh" sound. Next he took his finger and went further and touched her butt. "Not yet, not yet. Play with my pussy, Thomas. Make me feel good."

Tom slipped back upwards and this time his finger went deeper. Her lips parted easily until he hit a spot where her tunnel squeezed his finger tighter. "Deeper, Thomas. You can go deeper," she urged.

He did, and found after her got through that door she opened up. He explored with his finger, and as he did he felt her relax her tight muscle walls, she wiggled, and she got wetter. And the verbal feedback and encouragement told him he was doing alright.

"Oh my goodness, Thomas! Oh YES! Feel me! Play with..."

As he was exploring he reached upwards in the same "Come here" motion she had recently used to summon him and rubbed a different feeling spot on the top inside of her pussy, seemingly directly underneath her patch of pubic hair.

"OOOOOOOOHHHHHH THOMAS! That feels SOOOO GOOOD! Please don't stop!"

He wasn't sure what he was doing, but that strange feeling spot of flesh was causing her to breath hard, yell, moan and get wetter. He thought maybe she had wet herself, but it didn't smell like urine. It smelled..oh so good! His hand was soaked and she was bucking on his finger and all of a sudden her eyes shot open wide and she said, "YES! YES! OOOHHHH! Entre-moi s'il vous plaît!" Enter me, please she begged.

He quickly decided licking her sweet hole would have to wait. He removed his finger and she opened her legs. He wasn't sure of the best way to do it, but basically he knew his dick was going to slide into her pussy. He climbed between her legs and started to push it in rather quickly.

"Ooh, go slow, Thomas! Big, big, push slow!"

He stopped his insertion and when she relaxed a bit, he started to slide in based upon her encouragement. "Oh, Thomas, that is so big. So filling...mmm, yes, you feel so full in me," she said.

He hit bottom and nature took over. The friction going in had been contradictory- she was so wet and soft and warm he slid in with ease, yet so tight and warm his cock was on fire with friction, like driving a nail into a board. And the more times he slid back and forth, the warmer and wetter Marie became. She looked up and smiled, her emerald eyes were on fire with passion, and she placed her hand behind his head.

He was still in a push-up form, over top of her, powerful, manly, full of life and love. He concentrated on her warmth, wetness and overall fantastic feel...

Then his body convulsed, his eyes rolled back, his arms shook, and his cock exploded inside her tunnel, flooding her insides with his sperm. This load was even bigger than the first one he shot on her face only moments ago, and several times the size of...the only other comparison she had from her wedding night.

Neither one knew it at that instant, but this one did the trick. In a world so full of terror, death, hatred, war and ugliness, Marie and Thomas had come together and created something special.

Next the trick would be to hang onto it and protect it.