Tri-ethereal Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
BADSAM689
BADSAM689
235 Followers

I know of a blacksmith who charges Unamorphs a slightly higher fee for shoeing their horses than he does commoners. I also know of a baker who does the same thing, only he does it to customers he does not know. He charges strangers a slightly higher fee for his bread and cakes.

Then there are those who teach their children not to be prejudice or bigoted. Yet they refuse to socialize with those whom they perceive to be different; they always have an excuse as to why they can't. They tell their children to be tolerant of those with different beliefs. Yet they make jokes of those same beliefs.

They hate their neighbors and their neighbor's beliefs but they don't forget to pray to their God on Sunday; a God who says all you need is to love your neighbor. They scream for free speech, a free press, freedom of religion and other freedoms. Yet they denounce those whose beliefs and philosophies are different than theirs as weird, disloyal and ungodly.

They are subtle in their denunciations. In everything they publicly do and say, they always make sure that they outwardly appear as though they are defenders of truth, justice and equality for everyone. But once they are behind closed doors, their real selves show them to be the hypocrites they are in reality.

Enough of my tirade; I hear someone unlocking the door to our cell. It's probably William with my supper, although it is a little early for that.

"Good afternoon, William, William," I said.

"Good afternoon, Johanna," William answered me.

"Good afternoon, Miss Johanna," William Jr. said as he placed two buckets of water against the wall by our bed.

"I'm bringing your diner a little early today and William is bringing your buckets of water now because he won't be back later to pickup the empty dishes or the buckets. They won't be picked up until tomorrow morning."

"Oh, why?"

"It seems that Lord Kennington's moratorium has caused quite a stir throughout Norlen. There is also a rumor spreading like wildfire that his moratorium will affect all construction in all of Tri-ethereal."

"How's that?"

"A strict interpretation of the law says that no one can even do repairs to their homes, barns, fences, businesses, shops or anything until after Stonebridge is repaired. Civil aristocrats and commoners have been gathering in front of the prison demanding an answer. Lord Clyton has put all the guards on alert in case the crowds start to riot."

"Wow!"

"It's worse than when John was sentenced."

"Double wow!"

"I'm glad I'm just a cook and not a guard. But I'm going there too. I just want to see what's happening. I'm sending William home. Since, according to Lord Kartier's order, no one is allowed to open your cell except me, there will be no one here to bring you your supper or water later. So, I'm bringing you your dinner and buckets now. Hope you don't mind getting your food and water buckets a little early."

"No of course not."

"I've got to be going. I'll see you tomorrow morning."

"You'll probably see John tomorrow morning."

"Who ever. Come on William. I want you home before the crowds get too large."

"Good night Miss Johanna."

"Good night William Jr. Good night William."

With that I was left alone to wonder about what was going on. I was a little apprehensive because of the palace guards having to be called out. They would not be called out unless someone of authority figured that the crowds could get dangerous.

I wished John were here in possession of our body. He's braver than me. He would know what to do. I have often wondered though, what he would do if he were attacked. I know he pretends to sword fight. But he has assured me he would never hurt anyone. He says he only pretends to kill dragons, demons and other monsters. Still, I wish it were me in deep transition instead of John then he could tell me all about it after it was all over.

I quickly ate the stew William had brought me. I didn't want the food residue in the bowl to smell so I washed the bowl and spoon, using some of the water from the buckets. Then I cut some salami, cheese and bread from that which Lord Kennington sends us. He sends us food about every third day or so.

I went to our table to write a poem but I was at a loss to write anything. The only thing I could think about was the crowds rioting and possibly breaking into the prison to kill me and John. There is an axe and chopping block at the end of the hall.

I tried the little window door in the door of our cell but it was bolted. I looked up out of our window but could see only clouds. I went and sat on our bed. After what seemed an eternity I finally decided that there was nothing I could do. I picked up my book and began to read.

I must have been reading for an hour or so when Sir Glauco came and opened up our cell. He was moving me and John to an undisclosed location for our safety. I asked him where we were going but he told me that I would know when I got there. Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington had talked it over and thought it best if John and I were moved.

The crowd had gotten extremely large and some of them could be heard hollering to execute us; they believed that would put an end to the moratorium. Both Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington believed that Mr. Strydamu was behind the calls for our death. But they could not prove their suspicions.

I quickly picked up John's chess set and his and my books. That's all I had time to grab.

Sir Glauco ushered me down the corridor and to the same door we had gone out when John was officially sentenced. Only this time it was only me and Sir Glauco and our body wasn't chained up. Just as with John, he ordered me to wait while he cracked the door open and peeked out. After several seconds he told me to follow him. Outside was one of King Andrew's personal carriages with a driver along with three mounted palace guards and another horse.

Sir Glauco helped me into the carriage and then climbed onto the other horse. Within seconds we were galloping away. I was free! John and I were no longer prisoners! At least it seemed that way for now.

Oh now I really wished John wasn't in deep transition. I wanted him to see and feel what freedom felt like.

"John!" I hollered. But I got no answer.

"John!" I hollered again, but still no response.

"John!" I screamed as loud as I could. But I could not wake him.

That's the only bad thing about being in possession of our body. If your counterpart doesn't want to wake up, answer you or cooperate with you, there is not a whole lot you can do about it.

I tried peeking through the curtains but we were moving too fast and it was too dark to make out anything. But my earlier apprehension was gone, to be replaced with a deep calm; we were no longer in the prison. I decided to sit back and enjoy the ride, even if it was a little bumpy.

After several minutes we stopped. I heard Sir Glauco talking with someone but I couldn't make out what they were saying. However, I definitely heard the arrival of more horses. I peeked through the curtains. I could see that at least four more of the king's personal body guards had joined us, each with sword, shield and lance. Sir Glauco was talking to one of them. I assumed Sir Glauco was giving him directions to where he was taking me. But for all I knew the other guard was giving Sir Glauco directions.

Then we took off again at a very fast pace. Where ever they were taking me we were going there at breakneck speed.

After about fifteen minutes we finally slowed down. I could tell we were approaching our destination. I peeked out the window again but all I could see were palace guards flanking the carriage, blocking my view. Next we pulled into a cobblestone driveway. We stopped and Sir Glauco opened the door to the carriage.

As I stepped down out of the carriage I could see at least another dozen or more guards standing around in front of the mansion, all of them fully decked out with sword, shield and lance. It was all very ominous.

I looked up. In front of me was a huge mansion. Sir Glauco and one of the other guards -- the one he had been talking to a few minutes earlier -- led me up the steps and into the building. They brought me into a room filled with books. Except in Lord Kennington's mansion and the library I had never seen so many books. Sir Glauco told me to wait there with the other guard. Then he disappeared through another door. I put John's chess set and our books on a large table in the center of the room.

After a minute or two Queen Marina, Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington entered through the same door, followed by Sir Glauco. I was immediately humbled.

"My Lady, I am deeply honored," I said as I bowed deeply.

"Stand up my child," she said.

I did so but I kept my head down. I was still awestruck and humbled at being in her presence.

"You're safe now. This is my private retreat. The mob knows better than to attack it."

"My Lady," Sir Glauco interjected. "Johanna does not know of the attack on the prison."

The other guard then gave us all a detailed report of what had happened at the prison, elaborating upon what he told Sir Glauco out on the road.

Just about the time that I had sat down to read, the crowds started to get unruly. For safety, Lord Clyton had already decided to put all prison guards on alert. But soon the crowds grew disorderly and then riotous. Many of them were demanding that John and I be beheaded.

Luckily, Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington were in the royal court at that time. Lord Kartier made a decision to have us moved. He sent a message to Sir Glauco to bring one of the king's carriages around to the back of the prison. Then he and Lord Kennington went to the queen to get her permission to have John and I brought to her private retreat.

After Sir Glauco took me out of the prison, the other guard -- I never did get his name -- stayed behind to inform Lord Clyton that we were being moved on the orders of Queen Marina. He didn't tell him where.

Sir Glauco had gotten us out just in time. No sooner had we pulled away from the rear of the prison when the crowd turned into a mob and stormed the front of the prison.

The prison guards were able to put down the insurrection. But not before several commoners lay dead in the street and several more injured. Over a hundred of them were arrested. There was one prison guard stabbed with a pitchfork but his injuries were not too serious.

Lord Kennington asked the guard if Mr. Strydamu were among those who had stormed the prison. The guard told him that he hadn't seen the former Presiding Officer with those who were rioting. But he did see him after the riot had been put down. He was talking to Lord Clyton. Lord Kartier commented that Mr. Strydamu was too sneaky and conniving to allow himself to get caught breaking the law.

The queen thanked Sir Glauco and the other guard. They left to join the other palace guards standing on duty in front of the queen's residence. Then she told me that John and I would be staying here for a while until a decision could be made as to what to do with us. We could not be brought back to the prison as it was too dangerous. Quite a number of the prison guards could not be trusted. They might behead our body just for the fun of it.

Next she said to me, "Don't worry my child. I do not consider you to be criminal or someone I have to fear. You've done nothing wrong."

"Thank you my Lady," I answered her.

"I'm totally against any law making it illegal to be a Trimorph," Queen Marina continued. "They're barbaric laws and needs to be repealed. I'm also against those laws that prevent Trimorphs from doing those things which enhance their union, including those laws that prevent Trimorphs from walking around in the nude."

"Thank you my Lady," I again answered her. "I'm sure I also speak for John when I say your support is greatly appreciated. He's still in deep transition now."

"Other than what Lord Kennington has told me, I confess that I don't know too much about Trimorphs or union or any of the things you do. I've read a little bit. But the information is scarce since most of the books that teach about Trimorphs were burned centuries ago and much of that which is still written down is unreliable."

"I would be more than happy to answer any question you have my Lady."

"Well, from what Lord Kartier and Lord Kenninton tell me, you're going to be here in my private retreat for a long time. You'll have plenty of time to answer my questions and teach me all about Trimorphs."

Then she turned to the two Lords, "No one is to know where John and Johanna are located. If Lord Clyton or anyone should ask, tell them you have orders from King Andrew not to reveal their whereabouts. I will inform the king as soon as he returns from visiting his mother."

"Yes my Lady," Lord Kartier answered her. "Do you have any word on how she is doing?"

"There's been no news since yesterday afternoon," she answered him.

She then said to me, "The king's mother is 86 years old and in frail health. She slipped and fell the other day. King Andrew has been by her side for the past two days in Lord Wilson's district. Please pray for her."

"Yes my Lady," I answered her.

"Lord Kartier I want you to tell Sir Glauco to instruct the palace guards that they are not to discuss this evening's activities with anyone. They are not to reveal where John and Johanna are located."

"Yes my Lady."

"Are you sure no one knows that they are here?"

"Yes my Lady. Only Sir Glauco, the guards here this evening and the three of us know that they have been brought here."

"Good. The less who know where they are the better. Tell Sir Glauco that they will be removed from my private residence as soon as possible."

"Yes my Lady," Lord Kartier answered.

"Lord Kennington do you still bring food to Johanna and John in the prison?"

"Yes my Lady, about every third day or so."

"I want you to bring some food to them tomorrow. Act like you believe that they are still in the prison and act surprised when you discover that they are gone."

"Yes my Lady."

"Demand of Lord Clyton that he tell you where they have been taken. He won't know of course. Lord Kartier, I want you to tell Lord Clyton that John and Johanna have been brought to an undisclosed location on the orders of King Andrew."

"Yes my Lady. That sounds like an excellent idea."

The queen then rang for one of her servants. The four of us sat down for some tea and cakes. They informed me that John and I have become celebrities of a sort. All of Tri-ethereal is divided over what is to become of us and the anti-Trimorph laws. Many are calling for our execution or banishment and to keep the laws as they are. But for the last two months, those who are calling for our pardon and an end to the anti-Trimorph laws, their numbers have grown. They are no longer a small but vocal minority.

To make things even more complicated, there are some Tri-etherealians who are in favor of repealing the laws but not in favor of granting us a pardon and vice versa. Then there are also those Lords who support a different policy than the majority of Tri-etherealians in their districts. It's all very confusing for me. I never did like politics.

The king would veto the laws in a heartbeat and grant us a pardon. But he can't. Whereas before he was just worried about the royal council overriding his veto, now he is afraid that a veto might lead to riots. This evening's mob actions -- which he hasn't heard about yet -- only confirmed his fears.

King Andrew realizes that it is a long, difficult process but that the most effective way of repealing all the corrupt laws is to let the Lords vote to revoke them. Then he is sure he could pardon me and John without having to worry.

From the few Tri-etherealians Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington have talked to so far today, both sides are claiming victory over Lord Kennington's moratorium.

Those who are in favor of letting us go free believe that the moratorium will hasten the eventual repeal of the anti-Trimorph laws. But those who want to see us banished from the kingdom or executed believe that the moratorium will hasten either our banishment or execution.

As I said, all of Tri-ethereal is divided over all the anti-Trimorph laws and what to do with me and John. The only thing they all agree on is that something must be done with me and John and done quickly so that the moratorium can be lifted. It's the first time Unamorphs and commoners have been united on a common goal.

Lord Kennington asked whether Mr. Strydamu should be arrested. But Lord Kartier reminded him that he had broken no laws so far. He then said that he would order Sir Glauco to have some palace guards put him under surveillance. Queen Marina suggested that the guards do so but that they should wear regular clothes when doing it. This would make it easier for them to catch him breaking the law.

We also discussed my and John's future here in the queen's private retreat. Rather Queen Marina, Lord Kartier and Lord Kennington discussed it; I just kind of sat and listened. The only conclusion they could come to though was that our stay here would be indefinite and that we couldn't leave until things calmed down quite a bit more.

However, upon finding out that John and I used to repair books in the library, Queen Marina asked me if John and I would repair some of the books in her library. I told her that I would be more than happy to do it and that I was positive that John would feel the same way.

As the two Lords were preparing to leave, the queen told Lord Kartier that she wanted him to send a rider to Lord Wilson's district to inform King Andrew of today's events.

She then had one of her servants show me to the bedroom in which I and John would be sleeping. She told me that if there were anything that I or John wanted just to let one of the servants know and they would get it for us.

Alone in the queen's guest bedroom I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It's beautiful. The room is huge with a large bathing room attached. To the right of the bed above the fireplace there is a large painting of a completely nude young female lying on a couch; her hands are behind her head. John will love that. The wall on the left side of the room has a book shelf with numerous books and to the right of the door there is a mural on the wall depicting what Stonebridge might have looked like centuries ago.

The bed has four posts and a canopy. The mattress is made of goose feathers! It's the most comfortable bed I have ever laid down on. Indeed, it's the first time in my life that I have ever laid down on a bed of goose feathers. I can't wait to go through union lying on this bed.

Thinking of union, will John ever be surprised when he comes out of deep transition and sees where we are. When he went to sleep our body was in a dark, dingy prison cell. When he wakes up he is going to find our body in a plush, well furnished bedroom. I can hardly wait to see the expression on his face after we go through union.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door. Two chamber maids entered carrying a wash a cloth, some towels and some clean clothing. Three more male servants followed them into the room, each carrying two large buckets of water. They immediately filled the bathing tub with the water and then left. One of the chamber maids introduced herself as Lora and said that Queen Marina had assigned her to be my and John's personal maid while we are here.

She advised me to bathe now while the water was still warm. She asked if I would like some help bathing.

Warm water to bathe with! Wow! I have never had that in my life!

I thanked her and told her no. She said that she would be back in about an hour to collect the dirty clothes and wet cloths. She also told me not to worry about the dirty bath water that the male servants would take care of it after I was finished bathing and dressed.

BADSAM689
BADSAM689
235 Followers