Trinity Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

“You’re not coming back again, bitch.” Vanessa spat.

* * *

Vanessa sat in their living room back at home and zoned out to the movie that was playing. It had been almost three weeks since they came back from the island and things weren’t going well at all. She had expected Alec to be upset and possibly a bit withdrawn, but she hadn’t expected him to lock himself away.

Upon their return to the house, Muse informed them that they were being given a three-month vacation because of their last mission. They had effectively stopped an attempt on the President’s life, and they had eliminated two potential threats to the Covenant’s safety. As happy as Vanessa was of their success, she wasn’t happy about the effect it had on Alec.

He only left his room to train and to eat, and the training regimen he was working with was more intense than ever before. Alec had been well built before, but now his body was adding even more muscle on top of what he already had. He would barely talk to her and she wasn’t sure how to reach him. Vanessa tried going to him a few times already, but she would just receive the brush off from him.

Vanessa could understand the pain he was going through, and she would bet money that this grieving process most likely involved their parents somehow as well. She knew that Alec was still dealing with their loss and having lost Joshua probably made that even worse. She didn’t feel shutout from her brother like she thought she would. Vanessa realized that Alec was going through a lot and she was more than willing to give him his space. She hoped that he would come to her at some point.

Vanessa was shaken out of her thoughts as a huge clap of thunder echoed through the sky. The house shook from the force of the sound, and Vanessa pulled her blanket a bit tighter around her. Listening to the sound of the storm raging outside brought back memories. Her and Alec used to sit on his balcony and drink hot chocolate and watch the storms. The way the house was situated the rain never hit his balcony.

She made her way into the kitchen and started making the hot chocolate. She hoped that maybe this was her way to get through to Alec. Just as she was placing the hot mugs on a tray the lights in the house went out as a very loud crack of thunder echoed in the night. Vanessa turned around to grab a flashlight and she bumped into Alec.

“Damn it, Alec, you scared me!” She yelled at him and punched his arm.

“My sister, the big bad spy, afraid of some thunder?” Alec said with a small smile. He saw the tray and mugs on the counter. “Seems like we were thinking along the same lines. You want to head up to the balcony?”

Vanessa nodded her head and they slowly made their way up through the house. They pulled a love seat out of Alec’s sitting room and put it on the balcony. The pair sat under a blanket sipping their hot chocolate and watching nature’s beauty. They could see that the whole neighborhood was without power. The lights in their house remained off even though their backup generator kicked on within seconds of the power going off. Muse automatically kept the lights off during those times, otherwise it would appear odd that their house had power when the rest of the block was out.

“Are you okay?” Vanessa quietly asked.

“Yeah.” Alec said with a sigh. “I’m sorry that I’ve been in such a funk, but…”

“It’s ok, tiger.” Vanessa jumped in as her brother’s voice trailed off. “You’ve been through a lot, and I just wanted to make sure you knew that I was here. It’s tough losing someone like that. Besides, you have to deal with your first kill.”

“Killing Paige hasn’t affected me at all, sis.” Alec softly said. “Losing Joshua was a lot more painful than I could ever imagine. I know that something could have developed. I could feel it, Nessa, and with everything else that was going on we never even had a chance.”

“At least you have some beautiful memories to remember it by.” She gave her brother a wink and a large smile.

“You mean some unbelievably, hot, beautiful memories.” Alec said with a laugh.

The pair continued to watch the storm for the next hour. The power had finally been restored and Muse gave a report explaining that all was well. Vanessa stretched as a strong gust of wind blew across the balcony. The wind chimes loud music broke the easy silence the pair shared. Alec glanced over at the chimes and then back to his sister.

“It could just be my bad mood, but do the chimes sound odd to you?” Alec questioned her.

“They definitely sound off. They sound almost dull.” Vanessa agreed.

Alec sighed as he stood up and stretched his tall, lean frame. He walked over to the chimes and noticed they were all tangled up. He began the task of untangling the mess and a bright flash of lightning lit up the darkness. Alec’s breath caught in his throat as the light illuminated the wind chimes. His fingers worked faster at untangling the strings. After a few moments he had been able to get it fixed and he gently lifted something from the chimes. He walked back over to Vanessa.

“What’s wrong, tiger?” Vanessa was worried about Alec’s expression.

He didn’t answer her at all. Instead he reached out for her hand and opened it. Alec carefully placed something into her hand. Vanessa looked down and gasped.

“How did your pendant get here?” Vanessa asked. “I thought Sabrina had taken it.”

Alec removed his pendant from Vanessa’s hand and placed it around his neck. He pressed its cool metal against his chest. Alec’s eyes filled up with tears and his breath caught in his throat.

“I don’t know, Nessa. The last time I saw it Joshua had put it around his own neck.” Alec’s eyes lit up like a Christmas tree. “He must have found a way to survive. He’s the only other person that knows about the chimes besides you. Joshua made it.”

Vanessa hugged her brother hard against her. She was so happy for him. Alec seemed to be adjusting after his first difficult mission, and somehow, someway, the man he cared about survived the impossible. Vanessa did have one concern about the entire situation. Why didn’t Joshua just give it back to him if he were alive? Why would he just leave it there instead of seeing Alec? She didn’t mention any of these fears to Alec. No matter what happened, Vanessa would remain by her brother’s side. Only time would tell what the future would hold for each of them.

***This is the end of this part of the Trinity Series. Another part will be coming in the next few months. Thank you for the feedback, and if I haven't responded to your feedback please resend it, my computer crashed and I've lost a lot of stuff. Thank you for all of your support!!***

Share this Story

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Trinity Ch. 05 Previous Part
Trinity Series Info

Similar Stories

Trinity: Origins Ch. 09 Reunion.in Gay Male
Free Wolf Lonely weretiger meets alpha werewolf.in Gay Male
Sweet Southern Comfort Circumstances throw two men together.in Gay Male
Trinity: Origins Ch. 04-08 The powers that be.in Gay Male
Trinity: Origins Ch. 03 Family tree.in Gay Male
More Stories