True Grit Honey, Keep Going

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Good, but do as I say, your life may depend on it. Remember they'll have hunting rifles with scopes. If you move they'll see you unless we stay well ahead of them and when they are near we'll have to move in darkness but we have only tonight. It will snow and they'll have tracks to follow."

"We can't shoot to kill, can we?"

"Not unless they are shooting at you Jennifer, right at you I mean. I've had another thought. I want you to go back to the hut and return with that bullhorn and hole up behind this outcrop. Forget about removing the supplies. But don't begin your return until you see the smoke plume which will capture their attention and turn them back."

"What smoke plume?"

Shane grinned. "If I find cut up carcasses and boxes of choice cuts around the chopper I'll be setting the chopper alight with my cooking fuel canisters from my back-pack. You may even hear an explosion if the gas tank goes up."

"Oh God. Take care. May I kiss you?"

"Yeah but hurry, you have some quick walking to do and fifteen minutes on the return you'll have to leave the track, as they will be coming towards you. Go the high side and remove that yellow head warmer -- it could be spotted miles away. Your hair should keep you warm enough and light fear will toast you a little. Take a compass reading when you leave the track and head directly east-southeast. The outcrop is so big you won't miss it."

"You look after yourself hero."

"That's bullshit."

"You are taking an unnecessary risk to put an end to these poachers."

"So are you. Now fuck off and take great care."

Their final kiss was very brief but they parted, staring at each other.

CHAPTER 2

Shane checked out the McDonnell Douglas 500E and noted it was in 3+2 configuration which meant there could be five people on the ground including the pilot who was nowhere in sight. He circled and came in on the opposite side from where the stag was shot. There were boxes of venison cuts strapped on one of the seats, so that meant no more than four persons were involved. The venison cuts confirmed this was not an authorized party of trophy shooters.

Shane sat in the pilot's seat, changed radio channels and made immediate contact with Steve the communications officer back at base. He reported his finding and knew the message would be automatically recorded. At the end Mrs Sharples came on air and told him not to do anything silly, to leave it to the police.

"Snow's on its way."

"Doesn't matter. Do something stupid and that young women becomes in danger."

"We are the hunters hunting the hunters Sally."

"Shane, don't you dare..."

Shane switched off that channel. Outside he opened access to the engine and with difficulty cut a fuel line. He lit a rag soaked in the cooking oil from the small containers from his pack, placing an end of the rag in each cans. He could smell aviation fuel but saw none leaking. Dam, there must be a safety valve. However fumes were fumes; something might blow. He closed the access panel properly, hoping any ignition would make a destructive blast so that the only way off for the craft was by a heavy-lift chopper.

He look off up the slope to keep out of sight of the hunters who'd almost certainly come running along the track from carving up the stag when heading the big bang, if there was one.

Boom!

The hillside rang with the explosion. He looked back and swore. The smoke plume had not eventuated. He saw flames, and then they seemed to die out.

Damn.

Shane felt like kicking himself for telling Jennifer to react to a plume of smoke. He felt like hitting his head with the rifle butt and then grinned. The explosion had been twenty times louder than a rifle shot. His darling had brains! She'd hear that and know their counter-action was underway and she had a job to do.

When up at the altitude he planned to walk along, Shane stopped and waited, not bothering to conceal himself. From down below, now with light snow falling, he'd look like any other rock around him. Jennifer needed to get off the track soon because the temperature was falling quickly and the snow soon wouldn't melt on landing and her footprints would show. When the villains reached the disabled chopper they'd think it was an internal fault that had caused the explosion. Oh no, fuck. He'd left the pilot's entry door open. Curses! An alert pilot would suspect tampering.

Finally he saw four people -- two running and two shuffling carrying boxes of venison. Looking though the scope he saw the woman pointing to the open door and the guy with her lift up his rifle and looked about wildly. The woman pilot then emerged from the chopper with wiring leads in her hand. Oh yeah, he'd forgotten he'd pulled out that wiring, virtually an automatic reaction. He had her mobile radio in his pocket.

The guy and the pilot were now both looking around wildly. Now they knew he was around he may as well put the shits up them. Waiting until they were looking down the hillside, so there was no chance of them seeing the flash of rifle fire, Shane put a bullet through the windscreen of the chopper. The other two guys had dropped their boxes and were running to the chopper.

Each of them fired off two or three shots at nothing, one vaguely in Shane's direction. He moved off slowly, bent over, hoping to avoid detection. He succeeded. For forty-five minutes he negotiated debris, loping whenever he could, knowing the grounded party would make good time along the track once they'd considered their options. Shane slid in alongside Jennifer, scaring the crap out of her.

"I could have killed you," she said, furiously beating his chest with her fists.

"Not without this in your hands," Shane said, picking up her rifle resting against a rock.

They embraced hugely and with one eye open her saw what he'd hoped to see, the bullhorn. This babe deserved to be fucked. But there was work to do.

He untangled and said, "Now listen. I'm going down to that lower outcrop to aim the bullhorn at this outcrop so the voice ought to sound as if it were coming from up here, behind them and in front of them. But this being the biggest outcrop they are bound to shoot up this way so keep you head and that cute ass down."

"Cute ass?"

"Well, not in mountain gear but I've had my hands around it last night. After a shooting spree they'll go on because the hut is their objective -- to get warm, to eat and feel safe."

"How can they eat? I disobeyed changed orders and removed all the food and drink. I even drained the hot tub."

"Oh you beautiful lady," Shane said.

"I removed every sign of my occupancy to leave them with the impression there is only one of us."

Shane's jaw was on his chest gain. "Incredible thinking. That could give us an edge with them thinking that I'm operating alone."

Jennifer grinned proudly and then whimpered because suddenly he'd disappeared. She looked around the enormous rock and saw him sliding down fast, on his ass, and then saw why. Four people were coming along the path, all armed and peering from side to side.

A voice boomed out, "This is Wildlife Service senior field officer Shane Higgs speaking. You poachers are under arrest. Lay down your weapons and march to the hut, hands on heads."

The answer was gunfire, four to six rounds from each rifle. Then silence.

"Impede us Higgs and we'll kill you," shouted a guy. Jennifer was already well behind the rock because a bullet had hit high above her head, sending grit on to her. She took a badly needed pee.

"You plan worked," she said, when Higgs put down his hands after being greeted by her gun barrel. "I saw them firing in all directions."

Jennifer didn't tell him about being lightly showered with grit, having no wish to be cuffed around the ear for not following orders -- again.

As they unpacked their bedrolls they looked at each other.

"Well, let's zip the bags into one. Technically I don't think a sixty-nine is fucking," Shane said thoughtfully.

Jennifer adopted a considered pose, finger on the chin of her tilted head. "You know, I think you are absolutely correct.

Jennifer ran her lips along Shane's meat, thinking he could have washed. God, what would he be licking? She hurriedly squeezed his balls and deep-throated him to get his mind off her stale sweat and other odors. She rather liked performing fellatio and looking up at the guy's expectant and sometimes almost agonizing expression as he approached release. But in this case it was too gloomy to see subtle changes in expression and snow was slowly building up over and around them. She grabbed a breast and squeezed, thinking erotic thoughts and delivered him a tasty treat of what was to come. Later as he thickened in her mouth she picked up the pace and smiled, hearing the grunts from Shane.

Shane felt her working him like a woman with forty year's experienced. It was excruciating, mind-blowing, delicate, and erotic and as she picked up pace he blew, and had his face drenched. He wriggled to come up facing her, her liquids dripping off his face.

"Yikes, get away your disgusting man," she yelled but then pressed against him hard and kissed him, pushing some of his jizz in her mouth into his.

They lay back, still breathing heavily. She said they were in a mess; they should have behaved themselves and stayed a little cleaner.

"I wouldn't have missed that for the world," he said.

"Oh Shane," she gasped, "You darling man." Then she kissed him even harder than before, grinding more of their juices into their skin. "Um, is taking it up the alternative passage considered to be outside you code of conduct?"

"Certainly not."

"Oh, that's a relief," Jennifer said.

They slept until 4:00 am when Shane's watch alarm went off.

\ Jennifer yawned, and jokingly said, "What now -- super hero stuff?"

Her face fell when Shane mumbled, "If you want to call it that."

"I want these bastards brought off the mountain to face justice. Guys backing them will fly in to check out the scene before reporting them missing. They could get them off the mountain before the cops arrive, taking incriminating evidence with them."

"We've gotta stop that happening."

"Good one honey. Let's go and set fire to the cabin."

"What!"

"I want them out in the cold, hungry and chasing us to kill us."

"Oh, I see. And only they live to tell lies after dumping the venison."

"They chase us into McClay's canyon. I duck out of sight and you run ahead. The snow's not all that heavy so there might not be snow within the canyon. We trap them there until our guys and the cops arrived. You being more athletic than me will run ahead until you can find a place where it's impossible for them to outflank you and you then shoot at them very closely and they'll stop to take cover and to think how to blow you away."

"Oh God."

"But I take out the guy they left behind to keep me pinned down and I move it and we have the shoot out. Don't kill them, aim for the legs, the thighs because they give you more bulk to aim at, but aim center because they will have padded pants."

"And the woman?"

"If she fires at you, shoot the bitch but don't kill her."

"Very well Shane."

"Are you scared?"

She replied no, but not very convincingly.

"I want you to be scared," Shane growled at her loudly. "Scared people keep their eye on the ball."

"I'm scared," Jennifer said, tears flowing, but she received no hug.

"Move you ass. We're off."

Shane took a can of fuel oil from the bunker and swished it all over the sides of the cabin but not quite up to the doorway. He then repeated the splashing with another can to give the walls a good soaking. He then spilled fuel until Jennifer confirmed she could easily lift the can. She then sat on Shane's shoulders pouring fuel oil on the edge of the tarred roofing material as he walked around. She managed to slop some farther up the steep pitched roof.

Using the lining he'd ripped from his sleeping bag Shane dipped torn strips in fuel oil and soon had a good fire going. "Okay, turn on your torch on and off we go back along the track. Make footprints for them to follow."

Stopping one-fifty yards away Shane put a booming shot through the only window on the burning side facing them. "Don't want them to sleep through a fire and be blamed for their deaths."

They heard shouting.

"Come on baby, following me at a run. I know this track like the back of my hand."

They were off at a lope and now shots were fired in their direction in the darkness.

When they paused for breath Jennifer said, "How do you know they will come after us?"

"If not to kill us at least one of them will know there are emergency food rations in McClay's hut and a radio."

At the entrance to the canyon Shane gave Jennifer some bad news. "I had the pilot's mobile radio in my pocket late yesterday but it dropped out of my pocket on my way back to you. I felt it go but couldn't find it. Perhaps we could have gotten the cops here earlier if I'd held on to it."

"It doesn't matter. Let's take the assholes prisoners."

They exchanged a big hug and kisses when Shane stopped and told her to go on about four hundred yards where big boulders had come down in a rock fall. "That happened about two years ago so the ground above will be stable now. Hopefully?"

"Hopefully."

"Just trust me baby. Now chin up, act professionally and stick it to them baby."

Jennifer ran off without another word.

Less than an hour later Shane heard the poachers coming and someone say, "Look out for an ambush."

"He won't kill us will he?"

"No. Judging by the other feet he has teenager like you with him. They'll have some fancy plan of trying to capture us."

Shane thought, so, they'd probably he stopped off to look at their chopper and looted the emergency rations box. Low visibility was improving every few minutes, with the mist lifting.

Shane watched until they went by and the last one in the line was a hundred yards away. He shot between her feet and she shrieked, and fired off three shots at the side opposite him before joining the others to duck for cover.

"He shot between my feet."

The deep-voice guy Shane picked to be the leader said, "Silly bitch. He was aiming for your asshole but missed. Did you get him?"

The big guy worried Shane because he moved like a mountain man and carried his rifle unlike an amateur. Shane calculated where the deep voice was coming from and pressed off a shot and smiled when he heard the deep voice say, "Jesus!"

They began whispering. Shane couldn't hear them. The woman began running and Shane aimed at the butt of her rifle to knock it from her hands but missed. She just screamed and kept running. Then the other three were running. Shane let them go. He followed, ducking behind rocks every time someone looked back.

He heard Jennifer yell, "Stop. I'm with the Wildlife Service. All you guys are under arrest."

The three guys ducked for cover but the pilot kept on running. She dropped screaming, clutching her shattered thigh and then the screaming stopped.

Jennifer screamed, "I've kill her."

"Probably not, Shane yelled, and cursed. Two shots thudded into the rocks were Jennifer was holed up. Then he smacked his head and said moron. He yelled, "Honey, your personal radio." The radios where designed for short-range communication on a tramp or on fieldwork in mountain mist.

A mean looking guy about twenty came running toward Shane and was unarmed. Shane slammed his rifle stock into the kid's ribs; he didn't want him running off and getting lost or missing out on being arrested.

Jennifer obviously had her personal radio out of her back pack. "Shane, Shane...come in."

"Hi honey. Keep cool. We are down to the two villains. I've just taken the young fellow out, probably cracking a couple of ribs."

"Darling, I'm losing it. I sneaked a couple of looks. They are closing in on me, taking me to be the weakest link. I'm scared."

"Oh use your true grit honey, keep going. You're doing fine. Weakest link eh? Well these guys are gonna get a surprise. Keep your head down. Do you know my position?"

"Yeah, I saw you hole up."

"Well keep on air. Keep down. I'll watch them close in on you. Think of my position as being at twelve on the clock. So eleven and ten and down the clock-face are on your left. Got it?'

"Yes."

Shane heard her sniff.

"Honey, you don't want them turning back and shoot me do you?"

"No. Sniff."

"If I say 9:00 for position on the clock-face I want you to stand but keep as low as you can and pump off two rapid shots. Just do what I say. Trust me."

"All right I see them both creeping forward but they disappear before I can get a good shot away."

"Just do it my way honey."

"I trust you. I'll do it your way. I'm really scared Shane."

"That's great, really great. It means you're up to speed. True grit honey; keep going. You're the best. So when I give you a position, lift just high enough to get your rifle over the rock -- two quick shots and down."

Trust him? Shane thought. What a stupid bitch. He had two guys on opposite side of the canyon to watch almost simultaneously and intended her to show herself and get shot at, maybe. There was still no sound of helicopters but any minute now. Alas Jennifer might not have a minute left.

With incredible luck both guys shifted forward almost simultaneously. The guy opposite Shane's side had took cover first so would look up first.

Before the guy moved to lift his head Shane called into his radio, "Honey 10 o'clock go!"

He saw Jennifer's head suddenly pop up and fire two shots and that guy on his right yelp "Jesus'. He saw the big guy in front of him lift and see Jennifer. Shane put a bullet through that guy's shoulder just as he leaned over to take aim, the gun flying from the guy and he screamed with pain. The skinny guy on the other side squeaked, "I surrender" and held his arms high. Shane heard the rifle rattled to the ground.

Shane spoke into his radio. "Are you okay?"

"Yep, that was close. I figured you'd try doing that."

"You've got balls lady. Take your rifle but leave your gear where it as the cops will want to make a scene investigation. Go talk to our prisoner but keep clear. Shoot him anywhere if he tries to disarm you. Four paces away from him should be safe distance. I think he's crapping himself."

The big guy had fallen unconscious in pain. Shane grinned at the mess he'd made of the guy's shoulder. There were plenty of blood but not pumping though the clothing to indicate a big artery was severed. There was nothing he could do. He hoped the police would have medics with them. To Shane's astonishment he found a mobile radio in the big buy's pack. He changed channels and called Steve. Steve said one chopper was at the burnt-out hut looking for bodies and the other was at the disabled chopper. An unidentified chopper had approached but veered off.

"Tell them to land at the McClay's Hut and walk into the canyon about 200 yards. The baddies are either decapitated, er I mean incapacitated or under arrest."

Mrs Sharples butted in. "I hope my young lady is safe."

"She's grown up today Sally. I ordered her to pop up and then nailed the bastard attempting to shoot her."

"Oh Christ Shane..."

"Off the air Sally, Steve has work to do for me."

CHAPTER 4

The poachers were flown out first and as the chopper carrying the cuddling Shane and Jennifer approached Christchurch the pilot came under air traffic control and was instructed to land in front of the main terminal where the two heroes would be taken directly to a news media conference to be broadcast live throughout the country.

"Oh God," Jennifer said, taking out comb, brush and lipstick.

Shane pushed the items back into her bag. "Baby, Wildlife Service and behind it the Government will be hoping for a major performance from us. I want you going into that media conference looking wild and dangerous and being screaming mad about the foul jerks who poach our nation's semi-protected wildlife. Even say you hope these guys will swing. Everyone knows we don't have capital punishment in this country but your message to the courts will be clear and people will love you for it."