True Grit Honey, Keep Going

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Love me? You're the hero, a fucking dangerous hero."

"No, no. Please understand darling. I don't need a reputation. But I want you to speak on behalf of women wishing to climb into the more dangerous....no, no, don't use that word, the female politicians will go hysterical. Er, say the more demanding roles at the top of wildlife protection service."

Shane watched proudly as Jennifer did her stuff. Saying how she cried when she saw the brutally mutilated carcasses left behind by the poachers after cutting off best cuts. Shane knew that was a lie -- Jennifer had seen no such thing but it was what she would have seen had she seen it. Er, well, he knew what he meant. She had the three top buttons of her standard issue shirt unbuttoned (against regulations) and showing great breast swell and looked as she'd psychically been put through a wringer. But her eyes shone and she spoke with conviction. The department chiefs would be beside themselves in delight.

And then the stupid bitch had to spoil it. She turned and said, "And know you media guys, let's hear from the real hero who instructed me throughout, fired me up by reminding me to use my true grit and I'm telling you I really had to dig for that. Please welcome the legendary mountain man Mr Shane Higgs!"

Shane knew he'd no option but to step forth. No sweat, he'd fudge what happened and the spotlight would stay on her.

"Shane," said the stupid bitch. "Tell how you dug us out of two feet of snow (crap, it was two inches) and figured out we'd burn down the hut and scurry off leading those scoundrels with their huge firepower after us so we could trap them in the canyon.

Shane found it difficult to lie and told the media how it was.

The stupid bitch, acting like some kind of presenter, then took him through the tactics in the canyon and how he gave her permission to shoot the gun-toting woman pilot through the leg.

At last it seemed all over, with the arrival of the cops being described. But then Jennifer said, almost drooling, "Oh we missed out a bit everyone, something big time. Tell the media how you set me up as a shooting gallery and told me with all the sincerity you could muster that I had to trust you?"

Shane told it how it was, prepared to take flak from the media and department chiefs.

Women in the media team booed him as he finished.

A prominent female asked, "Tell me you callous bastard. Why did you risk Jennifer's life?"

"That guy had a high-powered rifle, glided when he moved and did all the right things. At no time had he allowed me to get a clear shot at him. So I figured he was a professional hunter with the firepower and expertise to outmaneuver us both and get Jennifer and then come back for me. So I knew our only chance was for me to out-think him. If there was another way it didn't come to me. I'd do it again if it meant saving Jennifer's life."

There was silence and then the female who'd asked the question said, "A staggering answer Shane. You're going to become a legend down this part of this country just as your father Harry Higgs is."

Everyone clapped and Jennifer rushed Shane to hug him.

* * *

Jennifer wanted to take her man back to the hotel when she still had chits for another seven night's accommodation, during which time she was expected to find her own place to live.

"Nah, dress up and I met you at the Arena Restaurant at 8:00 for dinner."

Just before leaving for the restaurant Shane received a comforting call from the night communications officer. He' just called Mrs Sharples to inform her the police were satisfied the two field officers had acted in self-defense based on the statements of three of the four arrested poachers and collaborating evidence gathered at the scene and the statements of Jennifer and Shane.

"Thanks Guy, that's great news.

Shane and Jennifer were dismayed when they entered the restaurant. Word swept around the tables and everyone clapped and then four people made speeches in praise of Shane and Jennifer's dedication to duty. The proprietor who'd watched the lead story on TV news at 6:00 also recognized them and took them to his table and then arrived back with a complimentary bottle of champagne. Several people sent glasses of wine to their table and Jennifer was terrified that Shane would get drunk. She wasn't to know his capacity for alcohol was almost legendary. He had no trouble keeping it up when they arrived back at Jennifer's room that night.

Shane undressed her slowly, saying sweet things, just as she had hoped for and until she was red in the face, panting and thrusting against him.

"Fuck me," she croaked. "I'm over cooked."

Shane sucked at her pussy while she played with one breast and was pushing the back of his head as if she wanted him right up her.

She lay panting and whimpering while he stood to tear off his clothes and at last she was shafted and cooing, "Oh my wonderful man...Oh my wonderful man" and then, "Now could you kindly pick up the pace?" A quick cowgirl followed and then it was all over, she smiling and truly creamed. Jennifer fell asleep and Shane went home.

* * *

Jennifer and Shane received calls next morning to report at 9:30 in Mrs Sharples office. They met outside the building and Jennifer was rather icy.

"You ran out on me last night."

"I didn't. You fell asleep and I wasn't invited to stay. As simple as that."

"That lies. No way would I let you go that easy. I would have...oh fuck. I didn't invite you to stay, did I?

"Nah, but it's okay. You've been under stress. Wonder what Mrs Dracula wants us for? Perhaps to give us a month's vacation?"

Expecting less, Jennifer said, "Or a special morning tea at which all staff will congratulate us?"

The receptionists greeted them rather offhand and said to go straight in to Mrs Sharples' office.

Mrs Sharples met them at the door and hissed, "You two are a disgrace to the department."

Huh?

Shane whispered to Jennifer, "I think she missed out on something before leaving bed this morning.

"Jennifer and Shane, this is the director of our department from Wellington, Mr Mace."

"Good morning Mr Mace," Jennifer cooed.

"Hi Big Boss."

Mr Mace said, "Sit down you two."

Twenty-minutes later the pair were in a coffee shop.

Jennifer looked ready to chew concrete instead of a biscuit. "I can't believe it. We have been fired, to take a month's leave on full pay and then fini. What total pricks they are and fancy that guy Mace saying there was no place in the department for boy and girl Rambo's. What an asshole. Shane -- are you listening?"

"Yeah, I heard you whining. I was trying to work out a future for us together. My first thought was to find a corruptible chopper pilot and you and I enter the deer poaching business to fill the vacuum we've just created, but then I thought that was in conflict with my wildlife values."

"Thank goodness for that. Shane I can't believe the thought entered your head."

"Instead I've decided to hire an employment disputes attorney and fight for our reinstatement. We'll go to the 'Otago Daily Times' and ask for them to set up a fighting fun for us with a $10,000 donation."

"Shane, that's the second most sensible think you've ever said to me. You are brilliant my man and if the editor of the OTD won't back us then I'll get the money off my parents -- they have heaps and will back us providing we commit to stay together."

"Oh yes baby, you and I are going to live together. That nookie I had last night was top shelf and you have become one of the few women I really like as a person. What was the most sensible thing I've ever said to you: let's fuck?"

"No darling. It was stand up and be a shooting gallery while you try to nail the boss man."

Shane's phone went. He looked for the caller's name and saw it was Sally Sharples.

"Shane here Sal."

"Yes, I will listen."

"Oh really."

"Yes, that's okay.

"At 2:00 this afternoon?"

"Yeah, all right."

"No Sal, don't cry. You've been a great boss and we love you."

Shane snapped his phone shut looking slightly dazed.

"I don't love that bitch, "Jennifer snarled.

"Right, this is what was said. The department has had a radical rethink about us as a result of a call from the Prime Minister's office. Our leave has been cancelled and we are reinstated. We are being transferred to Wellington where I will be appointed director of field operations with responsibility for inspection of teams in the field and making suggestions about lifting performance. You are being appointed to the training school to lead teams of four on overnight stays out in the bush and to teach firearm safety and bush craft. The department will provide us with adjoining accommodation or shared accommodation if we are into that sort of thing."

Jennifer looking huge-eyed said excitedly, "Fantastic!"

"Moving on, we are due to attend a press conference in the foyer at our office at 2:00 today where our director will present each of us with checks for $20,000 for our, quote, exemplary performance and bringing credit on to the department and its entire staff of dedicated people, unquote."

Jennifer said the turncoat snakes and asked what had caused that and was told to listen.

"Tomorrow we fly with our boss and the director to Wellington for a presentation on the steps of Parliament where you and I will each be given an inscribed gold medallion and a cash reward on behalf of a grateful nation in recognition for the way in which we have enhanced enforcement of the protection of our precious wildlife in this country."

"Ohmigod, the Prime Minister has forced those two yellowbellies to recant."

"Jennifer, don't be too scathing; you know what bureaucracy does to people. It screws them."

"Oh, talking about screwing Shane. Finish your coffee and it's back to the hotel."

THE END