True Love

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

One day when John and Carrie entered the house they heard hammering and female cursing coming from the back porch. They wandered out the kitchen door to see Traci and Melinda tearing up the old porch floor. Melinda was dressed only in a man's dress shirt and a pair of panties. John blushed when he saw her unfettered breasts swinging while she worked.

Carrie giggled at him then whispered in his ear, "You know you like to look at Mom's friends. When are you going to quit blushing when you see them?"

John blushed a deeper shade of red and whispered back, "Probably never but I'd really rather see yours."

Carrie squealed and hit him on his shoulder with her fist. "In your dreams cowboy. In your dreams."

While John watched the destruction of the old porch he remembered hearing Traci complain about the rotted boards. At the time she had said she didn't have to money to hire the work done so would wait as long as she could before replacing it. She had said then she really wanted to replace it but the contractor wanted way too much to do it. She told him she might try to do it herself.

John and Carrie watched a few minutes and laughed at the trouble the women were having. Finally John told Carrie he had to get home and do his chores. Carrie walked him to his truck and they spent a few moments talking before he drove off.

John rushed through his chores then loaded his father's carpentry tools in the back of his truck. He drove back to town and down the side of the hotel. Traci, Carrie and her friend were still working on the old porch. They all stopped and watched while John backed his truck up onto the patio near the porch.

"John what are you doing back here and why did you drive into my yard?" Traci asked.

"John smiled and said, "Well you are having a lot of trouble with that little job and I thought I would help if you want me to. I have our carpentry tools with me and we can do the job right if you would let me help you. I've helped Dad and Grandpa build a lot of things on the place and I have had some classes at school so I think we can do it right."

"Are you sure John?" asked Traci. "I could really use the help. This isn't as easy as it looks on the home improvement shows on TV. The man at the lumber yard made it sound so simple but..."

John laughed and said, "It really is easy if you have the right tools and just a little experience but if you don't it is a stone cold bitch." He blushed when he saw Traci frown at him. "I'm sorry. I..."

Traci cut in and said, "That's OK John. I've heard the words before but I don't appreciate them. Don't make a habit of it."

John got his tools out and began working. Before it got too dark to see he had the rest of the old porch torn out and had braced the upper landing so it wouldn't sag too much. He said, "That's all we can do tonight. If you don't mind can Carrie come to my place with me after school tomorrow and help with my chores? If she does we can get here sooner and get more work done. I think we can finish the job tomorrow night and this weekend if you want."

Traci looked at Carrie and said, "If Carrie wants to go I guess it would be OK. Tell your mother I will make supper for you."

John had looked over the lumber and hardware Traci purchased for the project. He decided she hadn't bought everything they would need so on the way home the next day he and Carrie stopped at the lumberyard and picked up a few more items. Then before they left the farm he threw some more items into his truck from their storage shed.

When Traci saw him back his loaded truck up to her porch she came storming out of the kitchen. "John what's all that stuff in your truck? I can't afford all that and..."

John broke in on her diatribe. He said, "Traci I didn't ask you to pay for it. Most of this stuff we won't use but I wanted to have it here in case I needed something. Some of the things you bought just aren't right for the project. We can return them if you still have the invoice and the money you get for returning them will pay for most of the extra stuff I bought. OK?"

Traci still looked upset but she had calmed down a lot. Finally she grudgingly said, "OK John if you're sure the costs will be the same but don't you ever do something like this again without checking with me."

John and Carrie got back to work while Traci went back into the kitchen to continue preparing supper. By the time she called the two young people to eat John had replaced the rotten floor joists and had part of the floor back on the old porch. He had also jacked up the upper level so they could place the new supports on the lower floor to support the second floor porch.

After the meal John pushed back from the table and said, "That sure was good Traci. I thought mother made the best fried chicken I had ever eaten but yours was much better. I guess I'd better get back to work though. I would like to get the rest of the floor down and brace the upper porch floor better before I quit tonight."

John and Carrie worked until about 830 p.m. but they did get the floor down. He and she were standing beside the driver door of his truck just before he left. They were talking and he was staring down into her eyes. He slowly leaned down and gave her a gentle kiss on the lips.

Carrie gasped and stepped back from John. Her face had a haunted, frightened look. John felt a frightened lurch in his stomach. He started to open his mouth to apologize. He watched while Carrie's expression changed. She stepped back toward him and this time she pressed her torso against him and stood on her tiptoes. She kissed him this time and wrapped her arms around him pulling him tightly against her.

John didn't know how long the kiss lasted but when they broke it he looked up to see Traci standing holding the kitchen screen door open. She was staring at the two young people with a strange expression on her face.

John muttered, "Oh Shit."

Carrie got a frightened look on her face and asked, "John what's the matter? Did I do something wrong?"

"No Honey. I liked it but your mother's watching us and I don't think she's very happy."

Carrie jerked from John's grasp and turned to see her mother staring at them. "Crap. You just go. I don't think she'll be angry. We've talked about you and she thinks you're a good person. Let me handle this John."

"Are you sure Carrie," John asked. When Carrie nodded yes he got into his truck and drove off.

John was worried and didn't sleep too well that night. The next morning, a Saturday, he got up earlier than usual and did his chores. He was at Carrie's house by 7:00. He didn't see any movement or hear any noise so he tried to work quietly. Carpentry is a noisy business though so not long after he got started he saw a light come on in Carrie's bedroom, then in her mother's.

The two women came wandering out the door in their robes and stood staring at John. Traci said, "John why are you here so early? I didn't expect you until later."

"Well Traci, I told you I'd be here early. I'm sorry if I got started too early and woke you but... Well, we always get started this time at home and I just... I didn't mean to bother you. I can leave and come back later if you want?"

"No John. It's OK. You're here now. Keep on working. I'll make coffee and we'll get dressed and be back to help. Have you had your breakfast?"

"Unhhh no, but I brought a sandwich. I'll have it later."

"Nonsense. I have to cook something for Carrie and myself so I'll just make you something too."

When the coffee was done they all sat on the new porch drinking it. After a couple of cups John and Carrie returned to work while Traci returned to the kitchen to make breakfast.

By the time lunch was ready John and Carrie had finished the porch rails and step rails. They took a break until after lunch then started on the upper porch deck and railing. This part of the job was more difficult because they had to take out the old floor joists that were bad and replace them as they went. John had brought jacks and other tools they would need to support the porch roof and the upper deck but it was a long, tiring and dangerous afternoon. They only managed to get the new upper porch floor joists in place by 830 that evening.

All three were exhausted when John decided they had the job stable enough to quit for the evening. John was careful to arrive later on Sunday and he found Carrie and her mother trying to work on the flooring without him.

He rushed upstairs to help them and said, "I'm sorry I'm so late. I would have been here sooner but I thought you wanted to sleep longer. Here, let me do that." John took a board the two women had been struggling with and slid it into place.

With the three of them working they had the deck floor on the porch and the roof supports back in place before lunch. After lunch they finished the railing and began loading the trash into John's truck for him to haul off.

Carrie had just finished throwing some scrap wood into the truck bed. She turned around and John was standing behind her watching. She felt a lurch in her stomach when she saw him staring at her. Her breath caught in her throat. She felt her breathing quicken when he leaned toward her. His lips brushed hers gently then she felt his tongue lightly tickle her lips.

Carrie felt her nipples harden under her bra and her pussy moistened. She leaned into John's kiss and moaned. Her arms came around him as they clenched with each other. Finally the kiss broke and John stood, still holding her. He looked into her eyes and asked, "Carrie would you like to go to the show Friday night? I've had so much fun with you this weekend and talking to you at school I'd really like to go out with you too."

Carrie was shocked. She knew John liked her but until their first kiss on Saturday night she hadn't considered dating him. He was her friend, her protector. He was almost like a brother. She licked her lips and stood staring at John. He began to look nervous and let her go. He took a step back. Now he looked scared. "Carrie what's wrong?" he asked.

Carrie shook herself. She licked her lips again and said, "Unhhh nothing John. You just surprised me. I... I just thought we were friends. I guess I could go if it's ok with mother."

John felt hurt. He thought maybe she didn't want to go and felt obligated since he had helped with the carpentry. He felt himself getting angry. "Hey," he said. "If you don't want to go that's fine. Don't do me any favors. I just thought... Well, I have to go." He stepped around Carrie and got into his truck. By the time he was out of sight Carrie was crying.

Traci came out of the house and asked, "Where's John Carrie? Why did he leave so soon?" Then she saw Carrie crying and said, "Carrie what's wrong? Did you and John..."

Carrie broke in on her mother. She said, "He asked me out Momma. I was surprised and I think I made him angry and hurt his feelings. I was just so surprised he wanted to take me somewhere and I guess I..."

Traci pulled Carrie to her and hugged her. "Shhhh. It's ok honey. Of course you can go if you want to. What did you tell John?"

"I really didn't say much. I was just so surprised. I just told him I thought we were friends and that I supposed I could go if it was ok with you. He looked upset and just left then. What did I do wrong Momma?"

Traci sighed. She pushed Carrie away from her and held her at arm's length. She looked into her eyes and said, "Honey it was the way you said it I believe. I saw you and John this weekend. That boy likes you a lot. He has been so careful to watch out for you and to help you this weekend and even before. Then when he got the courage to ask you out you told him you thought you were just friends and acted like it would be a favor to him if you went with him."

Carrie was crying again and asked, "Momma what can I do? I want to go with him. I really do. I just..."

Traci placed her fingers over Carrie's mouth and shushed her. "Well honey, you have to do some damage control for sure. I don't know how much you hurt John but if he really wants to go out with you badly enough he'll get over it. I think you should explain to him and apologize for the way you accepted his invitation."

Carrie looked at her mother and said, "Can I use the car please? I think I should do it in person instead of on the phone."

Traci smiled and said, "Sure honey but be careful. Tomorrow's a school night so don't be late."

When Carrie got to John's house there were no lights on. She was afraid they were gone or already in bed. She was getting ready to leave when she heard voices coming from the patio of his grandparent's house. She shrugged her shoulders and walked toward the sound. Just before she walked around the corner she heard John talking to his grandfather.

John said, "That's all that happened Grandpa. I thought she liked me then when I asked her out I got the feeling she didn't want to go but would as a favor since I had helped with the porch. What should I do?"

Carrie thought about listening to what his grandfather had to say then decided she needed to talk to John now before she lost her nerve. Besides, she needed to let him know it wasn't a favor before he got any more hurt.

Carrie walked around the corner and before the two men saw her she said, "John I'm sorry. I didn't mean I would go with you as a favor. I was just so surprised when you kissed me and again when you asked me out. I like you a lot John but I just never knew you were thinking of me that way. I just thought you liked me as a friend and when you asked me out I was surprised. Please can you forgive me and please can we go out? I asked mother and she said it was OK."

By the time she had finished talking Carrie had walked up to John and sat on his lap. He looked into her eyes for a moment then she leaned in and gave him a soft gentle kiss on the lips. She sighed when she felt his arms go around her and pull her to him. It felt so good to feel her breasts mashed against his muscled chest. She felt her nipples harden once more and she moaned.

All at once Carrie remembered John's grandfather and pulled away from John. She turned her head toward where the old man had been sitting. His chair was empty. Just before they heard the door to the house close he said, "I guess you two can work this out by yourselves from here. See ya in the morning John."

Carrie smiled and leaned back against John once more. Maybe things would work out after all. She sure hoped so. It was almost midnight before Carrie got home. When she walked into the living room she saw her mother sitting in her favorite chair waiting on her.

Traci smiled and said, "I guess things went well as late as you are getting home. Do you have a date Friday night?" Carrie smiled and nodded her head yes. She then went on to shower and slip into her cool bed. She went to sleep thinking about John once again.

Carrie and John dated regularly the rest of the school year. He also did many more repairs for Traci. The fact that the Fielding and Stevens families were friendly with Traci and her renters helped her in many ways also. The townspeople began to accept her as a valued member of the community. Now they would speak to her when she was in town and she began going to the local café occasionally to have coffee or a meal.

During her visits with the local townsfolk she mentioned what a good job John had done on her repairs. John began getting calls from people asking if he would help make repairs to their homes and buildings. After talking it over with his mother and Grandfather he agreed to take some of the jobs. Since he liked her and she needed a job John hired Carrie to help him. They split the profits 65/35. John had the larger split because he was using his truck and the family tools. Both of the young people made more that summer than if they had worked in town for wages so they were happy.

When fall approached Carrie became more and more morose. She knew John was going away to college and she was just going down the road to the local Junior College. She and her mother had enough to live on but they couldn't afford the higher tuition and room and board of a college farther away. Going to the Junior College Carrie could live at home. It was a tearful good bye the day John left.

Every weekend he came home and during the holidays John and Carrie were together but things seemed different to both of them. They still did some odd jobs on the weekend but that was about the extent of their relationship. They were meeting different and exciting people at their respective colleges and were growing apart. It saddened both of them but it was happening.

John began coming home less and less and Carrie missed him. They had both admitted to the other that they went out with friends after class and on the weekends. It was understood that members of the opposite sex were with them. They never came out and said they were dating others but for all intents and purposes they both knew it was happening. Many of the dates were not formally a date though. It was a "hey, I'll meet you at..." sort of arrangement. Neither of the young people found anyone they wanted to date seriously however.

When he was home Carrie always made time for John and if there was a job he could do for Traci he did it. During long breaks and the summers they took a few repair jobs around town together also.

After she finished Junior College Carrie transferred to the same 4-year institution John attended. His major was construction management and hers was business administration. Now that they were going to the same college they once again began growing closer. They drove back and forth from college to home together. They studied together. They met many evenings to just talk. About the middle of the first semester of their junior year John asked Carrie for a formal date again. She looked at him and smiled. "Yes. This time John I know just exactly how to answer you. I would love to go out with you again."

John smiled and looked deeply into her eyes. The only problem was when Carrie screamed at him, "LOOK OUT" and he realized he really should be watching the road. He quickly turned the steering wheel and got his old truck back in his lane where it was supposed to be.

From that time on John and Carrie were a couple. When their senior year began they took an apartment together. They each had a separate bedroom but, well I'm sure no one really believed they spent the nights in both beds.

John's little business continued throughout those years, slowed down only by college. They came home nearly every weekend so they could take care of the small jobs his grandfather would line up for the kids.

At his family Thanksgiving Dinner during their last year of college John acted really nervous. All his immediate family were there, his older sister and her brood and even Traci and Carrie were invited. Before the meal John walked into the kitchen and snatched a piece of the turkey Carrie was slicing. She slapped at his hand when he took it and he retaliated by tickling her. She laughed and put the knife down and chased him from the room.

Traci and Jessica smiled at each other then Traci yelled, "Hey you two. Stop running in the house and behave."

They heard giggling coming from John's bedroom then Carrie screamed, "What?"

Traci and Jessica looked at each other smiling. Then their smiles turned to concern because Carrie was crying. They put down their kitchen utensils and went down the hallway to the door of John's room.

John was lying on his back and Carrie was lying on her stomach, her chest resting on his while she kissed him madly. John's hand had pushed under her skirt and he was rubbing her ass. Traci said, "Honey?"

Carrie jumped and pushed herself off John. She was blushing deeply. She got up from the bed and ran to her mother. She wrapped her arms around her and hugged her tightly to herself.