True Love Ch. 11

Story Info
Alex moves on and begins to contemplate his future.
11k words
4.66
15.6k
25

Part 11 of the 11 part series

Updated 06/07/2023
Created 11/22/2012
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
das4200
das4200
161 Followers

Samantha Summers was a hurricane in my life. From the moment we started dating it was like the outer edge of her wondrous storm passed over me. Us dating brought nothing but chaos at first. I was laughed at in school. Being with her caused my father to practically disown me and ruined my relationship with both of my parents. My college team didn't accept me as one of their own. It was madness.

But soon enough I found myself in the eye of her storm. It was calm. I was at peace. There was destruction all around me, but right there with her, in her arms, it was all alright. I didn't care what anyone thought. For a moment in time I didn't have a worry in my heart. Though her passing was inevitable, because, as I know now, all storms must run their course.

When she left I suffered the wrath of her vicious winds and torrential rains. My whole world fell into chaos once more, but I came out alive. I survived. I stepped out from the wreckage and saw the light once more. I was able to rebuild. I was able to get my life back together piece by piece.

I found Trixie. I found David. I found Chelsea. They were able to help me. I survived the lowest point in my life thanks to them. I was able to forgive Sam. I was able to forgive myself. I had moved on. I found peace.

That was until I answered the phone and heard her voice. My heart stopped. I felt an unbearable tightness in my chest. She sounded like she was crying. I had spent my entire life dreading that sound. I never wanted to hear her cry. Her tears were like acid to my soul.

"Don't cry Sam. What's wrong?"

With those five words. I welcomed Hurricane Samantha back into my life willingly. I accepted the winds and the rains and anything else that came with it.

I listened to her tears continue to fall. She did her best to stop crying, but there was still pain behind her words. Despite this, her voice was still music to my ears. I hadn't heard it in so long. It was as if I had shot up with a drug that I had gone to rehab to quit. The rush was that much more intense.

Her voice was like the first pour after a drought.

She told me about how she was miserable and about how she missed me. I told her I missed her as well. She said she was scared to be herself. She didn't want anyone to know the real her. She didn't want to be 'that' girl anymore, but she couldn't help herself. She had her urges.

Urges.

URGES!

It was like a trigger for me. I snapped. I started yelling at her. I had never truly yelled at Sam the way I did. The thought of her sexual needs drove me mad. I had remained faithful to her. I loved her. I was ready to spend the rest of my life with her. She lied to me. She cheated on me because she couldn't handle the distance, and now she wanted sympathy from me. She wanted me to feel sorry for her.

"What do you want from me Sam! You are the one who cheated. You are the one who broke up with me with a letter. I woke up alone on our bed. We could have talked about things. I would have forgiven you. But no! You just left! I love you Sam, but I can't do this! I don't need you anymore."

I hung up the phone. I felt a panic attack coming on. I tried to tell myself to breathe, but I couldn't do it. I missed Sam's touch, but I was so mad at her. I wanted to think of her holding me, but every time I did it got a little bit harder to breathe. My vision started to fade. Through the dark corners of my sight I saw the door to the bathroom swing open. I felt hands on my chest and back pull me to the ground. Someone was cradling me in their arms. I envisioned it was Trixie.

I shut my eyes and found my breath. I heaved. My airways cleared and everything returned to normal. It was too much. Everything was too much. I started crying. I turned my face into her chest. I let everything out. This was it.

"Hey hey, it's alright. Let it out."

"It hurts so much."

"I know. It's okay. Don't be ashamed to cry. We've all been there."

It wasn't Trixie. The voice didn't match. It was Chelsea's. At this point I couldn't stop and just drove my face into her chest and indeed let it out. I cried more than I had in the months since she had left me. It all came out. I needed this more than anything.

"That's it Alex. Let's get you up."

It was weird being helped up by a woman so much smaller than me, but I couldn't function on my own. She helped me onto my feet. I was aware that I was naked now, but didn't care. I stumbled forward, clutching onto Chelsea until we reached her bed. It wasn't far away, but it felt like it was miles from the bathroom.

I collapsed.

I felt the sheets beneath me. I looked up and saw the ceiling fan spinning around. The blades were blurred by my teary vision. I turned onto my side and pulled my legs up from the edge of the bed and tucked them into my chest.

I felt the mattress shift when Chelsea jumped onto the bed. She crawled all the way back on the bed and pulled me up next to her. I couldn't look at her. I couldn't look at anything. The only thing on my mind was Sam. With each tear she faded away a little more. My mind struggled to hold on to her, but lost. My vision went black. My mind went blank. All I felt was warmth. I felt Chelsea holding me close. I clutched onto her. She was a boat in the stormy sea. The storm was passing and before I knew it, it was gone once again.

---

The ride back on the bus was the best I had felt in a long time. The team was cheering and yelling almost nonstop. I kept to myself. I was seated by the window and watched the electric poles pass by in a beautiful pattern. I could see the championship trophy reflected in the window.

My heart had never felt so warm. That warmth radiated throughout my whole body. I thought back to the last few months and what had changed in my life.

After Sam's call things changed around completely. I had passed out in Chelsea's arm and I woke up a few hours later. The girls left me alone to sleep and I woke up by myself. I went to the bathroom and found my phone. I had expected to find messages, but there was nothing.

I felt empty after that. I had never felt so alone.

Now, that sounds depressing, but it wasn't. It was liberating. I felt free.

I was an empty vessel and I sought to fill myself with the love and friendship of those around me. I stumbled into the living room and helped Trixie and Chelsea clean the apartment. I remember them reaching out to hug me. They understood, and that was the best feeling in the world.

As far as my play on the field, I surged. I had been playing at a record setting pace before, but after the fallout I no longer suffered anxiety attacks. I felt peaceful at the plate. Time slowed down in the field. I was able to spot the ball better. My average skyrocketed. My home runs doubled in frequency.

Out of nowhere the national spotlight started shining on me even more. Before I used to hate it, now I embraced it. I became a media darling, at least that's what one sportscaster called me. I focused on doing right by my friends and my team. I praised them whenever I could.

Trixie and Chelsea remained my best friends.

I had thought that things would have been weird between me and Trixie, but they never got that way. She never brought it up and neither did I. She began to dress less provocatively. She began drawing more. She showed me each of her new pieces of art. I encouraged her to showcase a few of them, and she did. She started to get a little attention of her own. A few magazines put her work in their articles. It was amazing to see her change herself around so quickly. She made sure to thank me for helping her be the person she wanted to be every chance she got. I made sure to do the same.

Chelsea and I on the other hand began texting more. I shared with her all of my fears and doubts in this world and she did the same with me. Chelsea wanted to be famous one day. She wanted to see her name in lights. She feared going through life as a nobody and fading into nothingness. I started to have feelings for her and I knew she felt the same. We never said it out loud, and I don't think either of us wanted to. There was no commitment in our flirting.

It took a couple of months, but Sam did get a hold of me again. Our next talk was more civil. She apologized for leaving the way she did and calling me like she had. She was in a dark place where she didn't know who she was anymore. With my new found inner peace, I accepted her apology. We began talking once more. I had my best friend back. She was there for me and I was there for her. We offered advice, but there was no more obligation to follow it. We clowned around over the phone. It was like we were kids again.

I knew my time in school was coming to an end. It was all but over with. With the attention I had drawn to myself, it would be foolish to go back to school for another year. The organization told me that they had expected me to start almost right away. They saw me fitting in with the best upcoming stars in the game.

Regardless, I felt bad for thinking about leaving. My team told me to go. They knew it was my time. My coach told me to go. What scared me was the idea of leaving my friends. I worried that if I left I would lose whatever I had with Chelsea and Trixie.

"I'm a Barbie Girl! In a Ba..."

"Hey Chelsea, I was just thinking about you." I looked around the bus and sneered at my laughing teammates. They knew about my special ringtones and the fact that I let people pick the most embarrassing ones they could think of.

"You're just saying that."

"Nah, I'm serious. I really was. So what's up?"

"I saw that you all won and just wanted to congratulate you."

"Thank you. It means a lot."

"When will you be back?"

"We'll be back sometime in the afternoon tomorrow. Why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to celebrate. Dinner? You and me?"

"Sounds good. Andretti's? Eight?"

"I can't wait."

We hung up and I set the phone back in my pocket. I settled into my seat and looked back out the window. The sun was starting to set on the horizon. The sky was a mixture of crimson, blue, and an odd kind of purple. It was beautiful. Peaceful.

---

The team bus pulled back on campus a little after noon. Normally when we returned there wasn't really anyone waiting for us, but there was a crowd assembled waiting to cheer for us. I waved and smiled when I stepped off the bus. People patted my back and congratulated me. Girls ran up and hugged me. It was like I was a rock star. It was madness, but a good kind.

I sat around and signed autographs for those who wanted them. I talked with a few people who had questions. The rest of the team started to break away slowly. Eventually the staff and my manager left with the trophy leaving me there with a small group of fans. It was mostly older alumni who still lived around the school, but I didn't care who it was. I would stick around as long as needed.

"Hey big guy!"

I looked up and saw a familiar face. It was Trixie who called out from the back of the crowd. She was dressed in a respectable pair of shorts. The capris were appropriate for late spring, coming up to mid-thigh. Her top was decently modest as well, only showing off a touch of cleavage. The bright green blouse matched well with her blue capris and pale skin.

"Hey Trix, what are you doing here?"

"Haven't seen you a while. You've been gone in the playoffs and was hoping to get some time with you, maybe take you out to lunch? My treat?" She hugged me and motioned to her new Volkswagon Bug Convertible.

"How can I say no to an offer like that?"

"Then don't."

"You got me. I'm in."

My bag had been taken off the bus and I picked it up and carried it to her car. She told me she had bought it while I was away. It was nice. Apparently her art was selling well enough to afford a fairly nice used car. I had never pictured her for the VW Bug type. The new Trixie surprised me every day it seemed.

"What made you choose a Bug?" I dropped my stuff in the back seat and hopped in.

"I told you. My mom had one when I was younger. I always wanted one just like hers. So here she is." She rubbed her palm over the dash lovingly.

"That's pretty cool. So where we eating?"

"Nothing fancy. I've been craving some Whataburger lately. Haven't had it in a while. Feel like being a fatty with me?"

"Sure. I like the way you think." I sat the seat back and threw my hands up into the air as we sped away from the bus stop. "How has everything been?"

"Things are good. Several of the alumni have taken a liking to my art. They've gone as far as making requests for new pieces." She fussed with her hair while driving. The long strands whipped around violently and kept smacking her in the face. "Did you make a decision yet?"

"I don't know yet."

"What's stopping you?"

"Honestly?" She nodded. "You and Chelsea. The team wants me to leave. I can always take classes in the offseason. I just don't know if I'm ready to leave what we have here behind."

Normally Trixie was quick with her replies. She would have a smart remark or a sarcastic response to almost everything I said. This time she kept quiet for a little bit and let the thought hang in the air.

"What are you afraid of?"

"Losing you both."

"Why would you lose us?"

"I know me. I don't speak to any of my friends from high school anymore. I barely talk to my parents. The only time I talk with Sam is when she reaches out to me and reminds me to be social."

"Always trying to fix you that one is."

I could see the disdain on her face. It was warranted. Both Trixie and Chelsea were not happy with my decision to let her back into my life. They were the ones who had to deal with the aftermath. They were the ones who took on the responsibility of piecing me back together. Though they hated the very mention of her, they both knew well enough to not try and change my mind.

"She means well."

"Yeah, I know."

We pulled into the parking lot and she put up the roof so no one would mess with my stuff. Trixie and I went inside and placed our orders. I grabbed the number placard from the cashier and we found a table in the corner.

"So you think that the distance will end our friendship?"

"Not exactly. I know we will be friends still, but it just won't be the same."

"How so?"

"We will no longer spend nights at your apartment watching shitty horror movies..."

"Hey!"

"They are shitty. I could probably cough up more money than half of those movies budgets." She rolled her eyes. "The three of us won't be able to go to the mall together anymore. You and me won't laugh at Chelsea when she tries out her crazy outfits. All those things we did, all the stuff we still do won't happen anymore."

"I guess, but that's not a bad thing. It's part of growing up, isn't it?"

"Yeah, but..." I was interrupted by one of the workers setting down our trays of food.

"Alex, we'll still talk on the phone. Chelsea and I will keep bugging you with our special ringtones. Then come winter, during the offseason, you can come back and we can hang out if you want. This is your future. You should go."

We both took a break from talking and ate some of our food. Nothing beat a burger from Whataburger. My go to was a triple meat, triple cheese, ketchup only burger with some fries and a coke. I really didn't know if there was something special about 'Fancy Ketchup', but it was like crack to me. Trixie on the other hand liked the chicken tender meals with the Texas Toast and country gravy. That was her favorite.

"Do you ever think about that night?" I don't know what came over me, but I felt like everything was slipping away and had to ask.

"Which night?"

"The one where we slept together."

"Every now and then it crosses my mind. Why do you ask?" She finished up her last tender and looked up at me with friendly eyes and a smile.

"Just curious."

"Alex, please, you're never 'just curious'. What's on your mind? You can tell me."

"I just wonder if we missed a chance at something." I shook my head. I wasn't thinking right. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought it up."

"Don't be silly. I think about it too, but it wouldn't work Alex. You're a romantic. You always will be. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment in my life. I'm young and I wouldn't be able to control myself while you're away. I know that hurts to bring it up, but I'm not going to hurt you the way she did."

"I guess you're right."

"Do I wish we were more sober? Yeah. From what I remember of that night, you were taking my dick pretty good."

"I can't believe how big you are. I swear every girl in my life has a bigger dick than me."

"Funny how that happens isn't it?" She grinned. "You're a good guy Alex. You'll meet the right girl someday." She reached out and placed her hand over mine. She rubbed her palm over the top of my hand a few times then pulled back.

"Chelsea asked me to dinner tonight to celebrate the win."

"I know, she told me."

"She did?"

"Yeah, she's been planning it all week." I couldn't tell if she was serious or not. She probably was. "You know she has a crush on you. She has ever since we first started hanging out."

"I mean, we flirt and stuff, but it's all harmless, right?"

"Alex, I don't think you realize what an Adonis you are. For most girls, you're their dream guy. Then add on the fact that you are sweet and kind, what's not to like?"

"But I might be leaving."

"That's what I told her. She doesn't care. In her mind, you are worth it. You want to know what I think?"

"Sure." I didn't know that this was supposed to be a 'date'. I was freaking out a little.

"Chelsea doesn't have a career in mind. She comes from money. She came down here because she saw Man of the House in theaters a while back ago and thought this was an awesome party school. She would drop everything to be with you." Trixie rubbed my hand again. "And Alex, with most girls I would be cautious about them trying to gold dig you, but her parents are filthy rich. If you like her, I think you should go for it. See if you two connect."

"Thanks Trixie. I didn't really know that about her parents."

"She doesn't like to talk about it very much. She thinks people will only be friends with her for her family money. I think that's why she is so open with you. She knows you won't, with your career and all." She pulled her hand back and stared at me for a while. "Come on, let's head back. I'll drop you off at the dorm."

"Alright." We stood up and dumped our trays. "Thanks Trixie, for everything."

"Don't mention it."

---

On the drive over to the dorm Trixie and me talked about various things. I asked her about her love life, mostly if she was seeing anyone. She laughed me off and told me instead about some of her recent conquests.

It was fun listening to her talk about how she liked to hear and watch guys suffer trying to take her cock. I knew that struggle first hand. As much as I wondered what a relationship between me and Trixie would be like, it took hearing these stories for me to realize that I wasn't entirely sure if it is what I really wanted.

It was a simple fantasy, nothing more.

When we got to my dorm I hopped out of Trixie's car, grabbed my bag, and we shouted our goodbyes to each other. Each and every goodbye seemed to wear on me more and more.

That was the thing. I found my thoughts drifting into a darker state as my time in college came to, what felt like, its inevitable end. I was losing my grasp on solid ground. The foundation was being taken out right from under my feet.

I opened the door to my room, my home for the last couple of years. It had changed since I was first there, but it was still home. David had set up his side as a love nest, at least that's what he called it. His half of the room looked like something you would see out of a Modern Living magazine. He had nice taste and family money. Pair that with his charm, looks, and current occupation as a star football player student athlete and it was amazing that he was making an attempt at being monogamous.

das4200
das4200
161 Followers