Trust Ch. 03

Story Info
The accident.
3k words
4.01
114.9k
23

Part 3 of the 3 part series

Updated 11/01/2022
Created 07/29/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 3: The Accident

Mike went to work on Monday. Around 9:30 am Mike got a call from Jamie. Mike's voice mail system recorded the whole call.

"Hey dick head. I am going to fuck your wife tonight. That's right Marine boy. I am going to butt fuck and then cum in her mouth." Jamie went on for about twenty minutes when Mike figured out where he may be calling from.

He left the office like a wild man. He blew by Karen his secretary and told her he was gone for the day. Mike was driving like a mad man. He was going through red lights like they were green.

A city dump truck hit his Lexus. He was broadsided on the driver's side. He was hit with such force that the car flipped 3 or 4 times and slammed into two more vehicles. The fire department had to use the Jaws of Life to cut him out of the car. He was airlifted to the hospital. His injuries were severe.

I was at work when the police showed up to tell me about the accident.

I was in a conference room when two patrol men entered and asked me:"Are you Molly Reilly?"

My heart sank. "Yes"

"Married to Mike Reilly?"

"Yes" Now I was visible shaking.

"Mrs. Reilly there has been accident. Do you have a priest that you can call?

"Why?" I asked.

"Last rights Mrs. Reilly. It was a really bad accident."

I started to collapse when Joe caught me. Within minutes I was in a car on my way to the hospital. By the time I got there Mike was already in surgery. He had been surgery for 2 hours. Mike was in surgery for another 12 hours. The left side of his body had been busted up.

I met with the emergency room Doctor and he laid it out for me. Mike was basically dead when he was brought in. The Doctor got a heart beat and pulse back but it was really weak.

After two hours I went back up to the emergency surgery waiting room. The girls were there. All of my work friends were there and Karen was there. Karen was really upset.

Karen walked up to me. "I am so sorry I put that call from Jamie through to Mike. Our voice mail system is so messed up we can't get messages. I am so sorry." Karen started to shake.

I split my time between the waiting room and the chapel. My girls brought me my Rosary beads. I spent half the night praying..

'Please God don't let him die. Please take me instead."

I met with the Doctors and they explained everything. He lost his spleen, gallbladder, 3 feet of his small intestine, had 4 cracked ribs, punctured lung and experienced heavy blood loss.

What the fuck had I done. Why had I violated the golden rule of our family.

I slept in the CCU for 3 nights. The nurses started to complain but I told them I was an Assistant DA and if they fucked with me I would screw them. I left them my card. The girls came to visit but they were not ready to see how badly their dad had been hurt.

Mike's parents arrived a day later. They came home from Florida early.

After a bout a week Mike was moved to a regular room. As I was walking down the hallway to see my husband one of the nurses grabbed me.

"Mrs. Reilly. You cannot go in there. The patient has asked that you not be allowed in his room. If you give me a number I will call with updates."

I responded with my sweet Irish voice. "I am going to see my husband." Two rather large security men stepped in front of the door.

"You can't do this to me. I am his wife."

The nurse looked at me. "Mrs. Reilly, it is your husband's request, not ours."

You could have knocked me over with a feather. Mike didn't want to see me.

I went home and threw myself on the bed. I stayed there for about 12 hours.

When I woke up and it all came racing back to me the emails, the confrontation, dancing and Mike seeing me. I had a feeling of despair that I had never experienced. About 30 minutes later Karen called.

"Molly, you need to come down her and hear Mike's voice mail. You really need to get down here."

I could tell something was up. I changed my clothes and I looked at our bed and my favorite chair. What the fuck had I done?

I made it to Mike's office in record time. Karen moved me into Mike's office and played the conversation with Jamie and Mike. Mike thought I was on my way to fuck Jamie. Jamie was really rubbing it into Mike. He called him a sissy Marine.

The pieces were all falling together. Jamie was bent on payback. He wanted to embarrass my husband due to the Bachelor Party. Jamie got taken down by a smarter, faster and tougher guy. And I fell into tits and all.

I sat down in Mike's chair and I needed to come up with a plan. I needed something to save my marriage. I had violated the cardinal rule. Have trust in your family. I kicked it to the curb.

I asked Karen to make a copy of the tape and I took it back to work. I called my team together to hold one of the worst meetings in my life. I had to ask..More like beg them to help straighten out my mess.

I sat at the head of the table and laid the whole thing out. Karen was also on the phone as I needed her help. Jake, my little computer nerd looked at the pictures and laughed.
"Photoshop version 6 running an a Mac. They are cheap fakes. The quality actually sucks."

He looked at me and said. "You really didn't believe this trash did you?" I hung my head in shame.

Pam was the first to speak up. "Molly, you have saved all of our asses at least once. Some of us more than once. What do you need from us? We are your team. What do you need from us?"

I really didn't know. Step one was get as much information on Jamie as possible. I wanted to know when he farted.

Step two was look at the crash scene. Was there anything missing.

Step three was personal for me. Beg my husband to just listen to me. It is going to be a long road back. If it is even possible.

I sat down at my desk and started to write a letter. I started typing then I realized nope not going to work.

I went down to the local stationary store and bought some really nice and expensive stationary.

I sat down and penned a letter to my husband.

My dearest Mike:

I am so sorry for what I have done. I have violated our golden rule: trust your family.

I have loved you for 24 years and I have screwed up our lives. I don't expect the mental wounds to heal overnight. I was stupid and I got played. Actually we both got played.

I know that you do not want to see me. Frankly, I don't blame you. I got played for a fool.

I will leave this letter with your parents. I only ask that you give me time to try to repair What I have damaged.

I love you with all my heart.

Your loving wife,

Molly.

I was sobbing writing the letter. I drove to Mike parents' house and rang the door bell. Bea answered the door.

"Could you please give this to Mike." And I went to leave.

"Molly, where are you going? We need to talk to you about Mike. Please come in"

I was not expecting this. I sat down at the kitchen table and I explained everything to Bea and Ben.

Bea looked me right in the eye. "Did you fuck Jamie? Yes or No" I replied "No" She looked at me.

"I am not going to lie to you. It's bad. Mike is so depressed. He keeps saying he wished he died in the accident. He is so depressed that we put tv cameras in his room to monitor him"

The love of my life is suicidal. Fucking A. Is there anything else that can come bitch slap me.

Bea looked at me. "Listen, Mike loves you with everything that he has. You hurt him real bad but you didn't screw that asshole. You need to put together a plan to save your husband and your marriage. It's your ass and our son. So get to it. Oh, yes by the way there is something in the family under room the tv stand that Mike wanted you to have"

I went back to the house and found the gift. I hit a little note on it.

"Molly, you make life worth living."

Love Mike.

I opened the gift just as the girls came into the room. It was a CD. The title was "25 Years of Love". I thought I could not feel any worse. Boy was I wrong. The girls took the CD and played it. It was us over 25 years. After watching it for 60 minutes and listening to Mike narrate it I stopped crying.

I looked at my daughters and told them I was not going down without a fight.

I explained to them what happened. They were shocked and Shannon asked me point blank if I had sex with Jamie. I told her No. The relief on her face was telling. "Look mom I am going to be spending a lot of time with dad during his rehab. I need to know where his head is at."

The next few weeks were a blur. It was like Jamie disappeared off of the face of the planet. This guy went down a rat hole. What information I did find out was that he was worse than I thought. He was a small time Coke dealer, part-time pimp and tried to muscle in on football cards. He was scum. But he was not smart enough to pull off what did. Someone else was pulling the strings.

Mike loved the time he and Shannon had together. Although I have to say it was really tough on her. Seeing her dad learning how to walk again is not an easy thing. Shannon and Elizabeth spent a lot of time with Mike helping him. They also spent a lot of time with Mike's parents.

One day Bea asked Shannon how I was doing.

"Gran..mom is mess. She has lost about 20 pounds. Looks like shit. Doesn't eat and can't sleep. She wakes up screaming in the middle of the night with nightmares. I have found her in the kitchen at 3am and she is literally shaking."

Bea looked at her with a look of concern then went into the family room.

"Ben. I need to talk to you. Shannon just told me about Molly. I think she is going to have a nervous breakdown. I think Molly needs help. She might not make it through this."

"So what do you want me to do?"

"Ben, don't take that attitude with me. You are not a saint. Molly needs help. She needs it now."

"OK. I will drive the girls' home and I will stop in to see Molly."

Ben drove the girls home and stopped in to see me. I guess I really did look like crap. I could see the expression on his face.

"Molly, we need to talk. Please sit down."

"Molly, please listen to me carefully. Your marriage is not dead. It is hurt but it is not dead. Mike is getting better and he asking about you. He knows you did not do anything with Jamie but his ego is hurt and his trust in you is shaky. He wants to know what happened that day."

"Ben I can't look him in the eye. I messed up something awful. I trashed our Golden rule. Trust your family."

"Molly, if you don't start taking care of yourself you will not have to worry about your marriage or your Golden Rule. You will be dead."

"Do I look that bad?"

"Molly, you look like shit. You have steamer trunks under your eyes. Your face is gaunt and your clothes are hanging off of you. You look like you just came out of concentration camp."

"Ben, you have such a way with words."

My girls were standing in the doorway and heard every word.

"Mom, you need to take care of yourself. If you don't dad will be coming home to bury you."

I must really look like shit. That rung my bell.

The next day was Saturday. I made a huge breakfast and the girls and I sat down to eat.

"Mom we have some errands to run today. Can we leave you for a few hours. Will you be OK?"

I looked at my girls. "Go. I am getting hair colored, a facial and my feet done. I need to look human again" Everyone laughed.

Shannon and Elizabeth went to see Jake and Karen. I guess they had their little plan.

Jake showed them the pictures that were sent to me and he took each picture apart piece by piece. Karen recorded the conversation that Mike had with Jamie and played it for the girls.

After about 30 minutes they told Jake and Karen that they were all going on a road trip.

All four of them walked through the front door of Mike's parent's home.

Shannon called Mike, Bea and Ben into the Dining Room and laid it all out to them. Jake did all of the talking about the pictures and Karen explained the phone call.

Shannon looked at her dad and asked. "Ok dad, who hates you enough to try to destroy our family? I am going to ask mom the same thing. I don't need an answer now but I need you to think about it."

Shannon true to her word asked me the same thing about 4 hours later. I went to work on Monday and Pam and Jake were smiling from ear to ear.

I looked at them. "What is going on?"

Pam looked at me. "Guess who gut busted last night beating up a 15 year old?"

I nearly did flip. 'Where is that SOB?"

Pam replied "county lockup."

I went into the holding cell and Jamie looked liked he had seen a ghost.

"What do you want. Where is my lawyer?"

I looked at Jamie. "Jamie. You have 1 one chance to live beyond the next week. Tell me about who set me and Mike up. If you don't I will let word leak out that you are a child molester. One that likes to prey a very young girls. Do you have any idea what these guys do child molesters?"

There are many types of criminals but a child molester and rapist are the bottom of the barrel. Everything I said to Jamie could get me disbarred but I didn't give a damn. I was in the fight of my life for my marriage and my family.

Jamie tried to get a read on me. But he failed.

"If I give him up what are you going to do for me?"

"Jamie, you get to live. You will go to prison but you will not have to watch your back every waking second. That's what you get."

"Terrence Milton. He knew Mike from the war. He hates your husband. He hates you just because you are his wife. He hates everything about your whole family."

Finally a name.

I went back to the office and called my team back together.

:I want to know everything about Terrence Milton. I want to know he wakes, goes to sleep, farts and takes a piss. I want to know this guy better than he knows himself."

I left the office to go to see Mike and see how his rehab was coming along.

I could see him using the parallel bars to walk. He was doing it very slowly. I moved Into the room and I caught Shannon's eye but I shook her off. Mike dropped to one knee And tried to get back up. I put my arm around him to balance him and help him up.

Mike was not expecting me and he sure as hell was not expecting me to start crying on his back. He tried to move off of his back but I would not move.

"Molly, come here. Molly look at me."

I hung on to his back for dear life. I let go of him and ran out of the room. I couldn't look him in the eye. Mike just saw my back as I was running away.

'I told you dad that she is a basket case." Shannon was looking at Mike with concern.

"You two need to talk. Your are both on the expressway to the funny farm."

I was hyper ventilating in my car for a few minutes and then I was able to drive off.

******************************************

I was at home and we had just finished putting the dishes away and the phone rang.

"Hello."

"Molly?" It was Mike.

"Molly, don't hang up. We need to talk. I have seen the pictures. I understand what you saw but we need to talk."

"Molly, damn it, say something." Mike was getting pissed and I was shaking like a leaf

"Terrence Milton." I said.

"What?"

"Terrence Milton is behind this whole mess. He set us up and I fell for it. Tits and all."

Now Mike was silent. "Mike. Mike are you there? Mike." Great now he can't talk. Shoot me, please. When will this nightmare end?

"Molly, I will call back soon. This is much bigger than you and me."

"What the fuck is going?" Then I heard the dialtone.

I started pounding the receiver into the phone.