Trusting Love Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jtoughkat
jtoughkat
146 Followers

There was danger about him, elusive but commanding and solid, the very something that continuously drew her in spite of her common sense. He stood with seeming ease, an assured man who had no need to establish himself, poetry in his stance that belied that danger. Clearer than she ever had, she saw the coiled raw power that his sophisticated manner couched. He was like a predatory cat at rest luring those about into thinking he was harmless. He took her breath away, that edge in him calling to some base instinct left over from her Neolithic ancestresses. Calling up a yearning to surrender to him, to beg for his touch, his domination.

He wasn't human. Tara had no idea how she knew or why she had never noticed before but that fact solidified in her with crystal clarity. His features were too precise, too perfect as if crafted by a divine sculptor. Dark unfathomable eyes holding too many secrets stared at her with the unblinking watchfulness of a hunting predator.

He shifted his weight and she was drawn to the play of his muscles. The subtle erotic movement delineated his strength, his sensuality. She ached to touch him, burned to have his hands on her, desired the unparalleled pleasure he had given her. It was too much. Too enticing, too foreign, too overwhelming. Never had she dreamt such consuming need could be. She felt defenseless, exposed to him, to dark needs she had never known were in her. Longing drenched her every cell, uncontrollable need overtaking all the doubts and resolutions she had made.

Without volition she moved to him, called by hungers she could not name, cravings that ate at her until they were all that was left, all she could think of. His scent wafted to her so enticing, so delicious it was all she could do to keep her legs from balking. With every step her heavy breasts ached all the more, burning for his touch, aching for the soothing feel of his long strong hands and the warmth of his moist mouth.

She stopped a step above him, a mere breath separating them, his lips brushed against hers. A soft touch that sent shivers down her spine and left her yearning for more. With a helpless little moan she pressed herself against him, a silent demand for more.

His drew her closer, the steel strength of his arms holding her up as he deepened the kiss, taking control. A hot, seductive exploration of her. An intensity burning all thoughts from her mind as spears of pleasure raced down her spine to pool between her legs. His tongue caressed hers with long slow deep strokes, erotic exploration designed to heighten her awareness of everywhere they touched.

Tara sighed with pleasure as Trevyn lowered his head to lick the valley between her breasts, his hands moving to cup her behind, drawing her against his hardness. The moist warmth sent tremors through her body, tightening it with painful anticipation, his hardness enhancing the aching void at her juncture. Her hands played a restless tune upon his body, unable to touch him enough to suit her. Intrigued by the perfect muscles defining his firm length she traced their contours, loving the strength they attested to.

"Trev," she moaned as she buried her one hand in his hair holding him in place.

"You're so beautiful," he whispered against her skin. His soft lips caressed her skin and his breath fanned her. "So soft."

She moved a step back as a shred of her sanity came back to her, still her body swayed towards his needing him. He held her with his eyes, desire a burning pit in their depth. The hardest thing she had ever done was not throwing herself at him in that moment. The possessive glint in his eyes exited her, seduced her effortlessly. No one had ever wanted her as he obviously did, never claimed her in such a way.

"What is happening to me?" she whispered the question and her voice came out husky, rusty as if it had not been used in a long time. She saw his body tense and he closed his eyes in reaction. As if the sound of her voice was more torment than he could endure. A whimper escaped her as her body responded and his eyes flew open.

For an instant she thought they appeared lighter than their black colour, swirling with different colours but as she blinked they were back to normal. Had she not thought she had seen the same thing a couple of times last night she could have dismissed it, had she not just now been so sure he was not human she could have chucked it up to stress. As it was she froze as fear overtook her, her desire instantly relegated to the back burner.

She took a step back then another all of a sudden feeling trapped. Though she was almost sure Trev would never hurt her she had no idea what he was and had a lot of unanswered questions. "You're not human." She stated, her voice pitched a little higher than normal in her fear.

"No I'm not" he answered as if they were talking about the weather, as if she had an idea of how she had even come to be here in his house. The last thing she remembered was doing her laundry before waking up her and mauling him. Which was nothing like her.

"What did you do to me? How did I get here?" her fear was escalating but he appeared as calm as ever.

"I brought you here." He frowned "You called me for help and I was too late." The last was said in guilty anguish but she still had no idea what he was talking about.

"I did not call you." She denied. "And too late for what?"

The frown on his face deepened and he took a step up. She scurried back a few more steps almost falling before propping herself with one hand. He froze and just for a moment before his face became a mask she thought she saw hurt flash across his face. 'I would never hurt you Tara. I can understand your reaction with what you just went through but I will never lay a finger on you, not like that."

"I didn't go through anything and you didn't answer my question, too late for what." Somehow she knew the answer to that would unravel the answers to all this confusion. She just needed that one simple answer and she would be alright.

His face closed down even more, his eyes becoming stark and emotionless. The coldness that descended upon his features scared her more than the lack of answers she had and the thought of whatever he was. Even in the times he had given her a hint of his dangerous side he had never been so inhuman. More than anything she wanted to run but some primal instinct screamed to her that was the last thing she should do.

"I was too late to save you." His voice could have come out of an ice carven and she shivered even before she realized what he had said.

"What do you mean too late, I'm right here." Panic flowed through her as she realized either he was insane or she was. None of this made sense and he was talking in riddles.

"I was too late Tara, he killed you."

"No," she almost shouted, "You are insane. If I was dead what am I doing here having this conversation with you? Am I now a zombie, a vampire or something?" she laughed at that, her laugh coming out brittle and hysterical. "This is crazy. I think I should go and it's best if we don't see each other for a while, I mean you obviously have things in your life I can't understand." Like insanity. "Things you need to work out." And I will be as far from here as I can get.

"I'm sorry Tara, I can't let you go."

Faster than she could blink he was in front of her, he had been at least ten steps down from her but now he was just in front of her his eyes swirling with colour like a sunburst. Hard merciless eyes boring into her wide-eyed panicked gaze. She could see every fleck in his multicoloured eyes, see the unusually large iris, his scent was wilder than before, like the cooler depths of an ancient forest rarely disturbed by humanity.

It took her a while to register the low whinny sound that filled the air and another while to realize it was coming from her or that Trevyn was talking to her. She couldn't think beyond what she had seen, couldn't register anything else aside from that moment, couldn't even scream. He had moved so fast, inhumanly fast. One minute he was there and the next he was here and, and... she was going crazy. That was the only logical explanation as this could not be real, any of it.

As his arms came around her she flinched but he did not let her go instead he lifted her into his arms. She whimpered as he started back up the stair and he whispered into her ear, something that no doubt was meant to soothe her. Over his shoulder she noticed a couple of men looking at them as he took her to be his prisoner. No not men, whatever he was, they too did not feel human and she knew she would not get help even if she asked for it. She was well and truly trapped.

*

Trevyn felt like the most despicable of beings. The morning was not yet gone and he had already made her cry once and scared her senseless. Gone were his thoughts of doing whatever it took to have her, she was all that mattered. He needed her to be okay, to be safe regardless of how it affected him. Her fear tore through his heart; wrenched all the emotions he had always kept in control from the depth of his being. In that moment he understood how a man could tear his heart out for the woman he loved. Still he had no intention of letting her walk away.

He loved Tara, God how he loved her. For a whole year he had lived for the moment he could hold her as his own, when he could finally build a life with her. And just when that was becoming a reality he was on his way to messing it up. How could he even think of forcing his will upon her? How could he have messed everything up so badly?

"Tell me what you need baby." He whispered as he feathered kisses into her hair. "Tell me how to make it right."

She became more rigid distancing herself from him as much as she could; he could feel her drawing into herself. Every muscle in his body tightened to the point of pain, his instinctual need to protect her warring with the knowledge he could do nothing. She looked so lost, so confused and it was all his fault. He had failed her again. It was understandable her mind would block out the unpleasant experience to protect itself but now he had just punched a hole through her psyche and might have lost her for good.

She never wanted to see him again. Those words twisted in his gut like a hot serrated knife. He would never survive her rejection. Once in his room he strode to the bed, placed her on it then lay besides her, holding her to him. When she curled into him he felt like he had just won the lottery. Having her lean into him as if he was the only solid thing in her life was the most amazing thing he could ever have asked for. She fit perfectly against him, as if she had been created just for him, as if every detail to their beings were created with the other in mind. It was more than he had ever imagined a mate would be like, so perfect despite the painful uncertainty they were in. He held her tighter, unwilling to let her go, wanting to hold her forever.

Her body was rigid against his, her fists clenched as her body shook. He whispered reassurance into her hair, sweet nonsense he had never thought he would ever say. It felt right and as she quieted his world felt right for the first time, and he hadn't known it wasn't right. A part of him knew it was a small start but it was a start nonetheless and he would hold on to that.

"You okay?"

She sat up quickly flipping her hair as she turned to look at him, scrambling away from him a bit. The light seeming to hit it the right way, caressing it with a loving touch, highlighting each strand and the different shades. It shone with a light of its own, as if it were alive and he was mesmerized by it. He wanted to bury his hands in it, bury his nose as he took in the intoxicating sent of her shampoo. She had always been beautiful but now she was breathtaking, in a way only an immortal could be. Her every gesture seemed alluring, mesmerizing.

"I'm not okay," she nearly shouted. "I'm mad." She brushed hair off her face to glare at him, angry tears filling her eyes. "I'm furious, scared and I don't have a clue why. I don't have a clue about anything. Why does it feel like I'm seeing you for the first time?" she laughed without humour, lifting her hands and letting them fall in a helpless gesture. "I have this insane need to rip off every shred of clothing you are wearing and that's not me! And what you did outside, your eyes and that speed of yours." She shook her head.

Trevyn breathed a sigh of relief; he much preferred her anger to her earlier panicked fear. The fear was still there but she was valiantly trying to overcome it and anger was always a good way out of fear.

She got off the bed then made her way to the door. Trevyn watched her walk away unsure whether to let her go or stop her. She had every right to be angry; after all she had just been through. He hadn't helped things either; it was surprising she wasn't tearing into him. Which was one of the reasons he wasn't jumping to explain, he knew enough about women not to offer further explanations when they had not asked. Not when they clearly wanted to sort through their emotions.

She swung back to face him, met his eyes with eyes full of confused hurt. "What am I doing here Trev? How did I get here?" her arms were folded about herself as if to comfort herself, his job.

"What do you remember?" Trevyn asked softly.

"The last thing I remember is doing my laundry then I was waking up here and..." she trailed off meeting his eyes for a few awareness charged moments.

"And the fight we had three week ago, do you remember what it was about?"

"You insulted my mother." She lifted her chin in defiance "I wasn't going to let that stand, whatever else she is she is a strong woman."

He nodded his understanding but that was not what he had been asking. "What about the bruises you had?"

"What bruises?"

Trevyn swore to himself, he hurt to see the bleakness that entered her eyes but he knew they had to hash it out if there was any chance of them moving forward. He was getting a gruesome, sickening picture. If he was right God help Ray when he finally caught up to him. "You had fading bruises on your upper arms and around your ribs; I had not seen you in a while so I thought you had been healing. I remembered that it wasn't the first time I saw fading bruises on you, even when you had none the day before."

She shook her head at that. "Ray never hit me, not once." There was painful doubt in her voice as if a part of her knew what he was talking about even though she did not recall it.

Getting up he walked to her, she did not resist as he took her into his arms resting his forehead on hers. Her lips were parted her sweet breath fanning him, fanning the desire that was never too far when she was near. More than he needed to breathe he wanted to kiss her, longed to lose himself with her. To comfort her in the age old way. Her scent intoxicated him far more than any drug ever could so he took a moment to savour it. Heat swirled between them, awareness that heightened both of their senses. He wanted to lose himself in her warmth, needed to feel her wrapped around him but he knew this was not the time.

"Tell me," she whispered, her voice sent his blood south so that it took a few moments for him to reason out what she was asking for. He shook his head, he would give anything not to tell her, he did not even want to think about what he had seen, how he had found her. "I need to know Trev, please."

As much as he wanted to spare her he found he could not deny her. Not when her pink tongue licked across her upper lip. To his mesmerized eyes it seemed she traced her lips with slow seductive leisure, leaving a sexy sheen on lips that begged to be kissed. When she bit her lower lip all the blood in his body migrated south, his balls tightened and his jeans felt tighter.

"Trev." He knew what she was pleading for but all he could think about was her begging for more as their slick bodies rubbed against each other in sublime ecstasy. "Please"

Fingers tangling in her hair he massaged her scalp in an attempt to soothe her against what he was about to tell her. "I found you tied to your dining table," her breath caught at that and he met her anguished eyes. "They were obviously broken, as were your ribs." He stilled his heart as tears fell from her eyes; now that he had begun he wanted to finish the telling with as few words as he could. "He was sitting on you whilst he continued to punch you. I attacked him but he managed to get away and I had you to take care of."

Drawing in a ragged breath she squared her shoulders a bit determination hardening her eyes. "Was I already dead?"

"No." He cleared his throat as his voice came out scratchy. "You died in my arms."

She shook her head unable to comprehend what he was saying, unwilling to accept it. With gentle hands she pushed him away and wiped away the tears still flowing down her cheeks. Her hands went to rub her arms as if she were cold even though the room was well heated. "How can I be here if I was dead? Did you do something to me, change me somehow?" Trevyn shook his head which seemed to somehow deflate her. "I'm human, I am."

"No," he denied compassion colouring his eyes "It doesn't seem to be true."

"So, I'm what, suddenly going to crave human meat or blood and develop sun sensitivity?" she clutched her stomach as if she was experiencing some excruciating pain. "I can't live like that Trev, I'd rather die."

Cupping her cheek he looked deeply into her eyes so she could see how serious he was. "You are not a zombie or a vampire, you are still yourself, still the same beautiful and vibrant woman you have always been."

"How do you know?"

"Because zombies live in swamps and infect humans with their bite, we exterminate them when we come across them. Vampires were exterminated around four thousand years back so you can't be that either."

Tara laughed without humour and had to stop herself before it became hysterical. "Of course they exist. If not them then what am I?"

"I don't know."

*

She felt tired, older than dirt. None of this could be happening, certainly not to her. She was dull ordinary Tara, unremarkable really. Yet she had a homicidal ex-boyfriend, a something for a new lover, she was an unknown something. Had she now lost her humanity? What price would she have to pay to live, could she pay it? Trev said she was still the same but she knew that was not true. Her eyes saw much more than before, greater depths, more of the light spectrum and the detail to everything was more defined. If she looked hard enough she could almost see some light around everything, that same light that had her knowing Trev was not human, that he was older than he looked. Somehow she knew if she just concentrated enough she would know just how old he was.

"Is there any way to find out what I am?" she asked him trying to sound normal even as she asked the not so normal question.

"Yes, we will have you try to do various things and from what you will be able to do we can figure out what you are. In old times we could have consulted one of the Fey but we are no longer in contact with them." His tone had a blandness in it when he spoke of the Fey, whatever they were, that told of a story beyond the mere statement.

"And if I can't do any of the things?"

"Or we could just ask your mother."

"Yeah, that would be easier," she agreed with a small smile she was sure did not reach her eyes. "I'll just call her."

She turned towards the dresser where he kept his phone having no idea where her cellphone was. The call went straight to voicemail, her house phone rang without answer and one of the girls at the saloon told her she had no idea where her mother was. Her mother was always available; someone at her business always knew where she was and for none of them not to have any was puzzling. Tara had always been able to reach her whenever she wanted to just talk no matter the time. Even though she was out of the country Tara called her sister. There was no answer on either her cell or her apartment; in fact her cell was out of service.

jtoughkat
jtoughkat
146 Followers